Just in time for Christmas

Oldbear's Magical Edible Cannabis Oil machine. Buy today 2 for $19.95 and if you order right now, I'll include a free oil storage container. That's still not all - order now and Ill include the high tech terpene and cannabinoid retention cover.

4DED02DA-209F-4D3B-B49D-8F16455F06F7.jpeg
CD713170-D05C-4DA6-A21F-B3C70C9FDA92.jpeg
935C20F2-645A-42C5-A869-77A70C030113.jpeg

Would that be fresh bud or dried bud old bear?

Good question. Everything I'm doing is with dried bud or dried ground up herb (buds and sugar leaves).

When I have fresh flower tops I'll redo all of these mini experiments.

My favourite part is cleanup so lots of experiments is good :laughtwo:

Good question. Everything I'm doing is with dried bud or dried ground up herb (buds and sugar leaves).

When I have fresh flower tops I'll redo all of these mini experiments.

My favourite part is cleanup so lots of experiments is good :laughtwo:
My problem is my job. I get drug tested so I need my wife or daughter handy to help with clean up

Amy,

Regarding that double boiler. Using the water that way keeps the top end jet right at 212 f .or less in Denver..
I know you don't like it..
I only use it to make chocolate,these days.

When I extract into oil.
Butter
Clarified butter..aka ghee.aka other names..
Coconut oil

The method you might like too is using a slow cooker. So modest heat.
Add water and. Extract oil into crock pot...1/2 cup each.
Let come to steaming ..so 15-20 minutes..
Add buds, any. 10 -18 grams. , if you have 20-30 grams use 3/4 cup each water and oil to,start.
Cook for 2-6 hours.

Ok best part...
In the water is the terpine and the rest.wax chorlphy;
In the oil is the 'melted trichomes " it's the extract..

To separate for dosing and other.

Put entire contents of the crock pot,water and oil . Into another vessel. Taking advantage to use coarse strainer to remove 99% of the weedage if you choose not to whack the weed up, rather crush.osme shake is enivtable.. no worries..
Again pour entire contents,passing through medium strainer,s, into a 'taller than it is wide' vessel. Any plastic, metal glas ok.
Place into cold freezer. 2 hours. You can look in 45 minutes..lol

Ok.2 hours later .amybe more.. the top is solid cold hard handle-able oil. A inch thick hockeyPuck.
It has everything you want in your oil.

Ok the water.. it has terpine smell it..?
It's kinda
Nasty..imho.
I've reduced that water content to 'oil' it doesn't really burn. It smells great until burned then it's nasty. Burns dirty too. Personally I'm glad that stuff in the water.. isn't in the extrac side. The CCO oil with the thc Cbd..etc

Regarding decarb prior to extract..

Old bear says doesn't matter much.. forgiving process.. old bar didn't get old by accident I'm thinking..

I decarb really wet , top quality medical mMj. Cause it so wet, and it best to cook it till dry.
When I get really cheap on sale recreational mMj. It's drier. Not as terpine laced. So not orange, no lemon. The Durban is nice..
Anyway.dry weed gets heated. Inside vessel, metal open top 230 f 42 minutes. ..safe heat in oil,bath.. idk any other great way..sorry.

Ok if you are gonna cook with coconut oil laced with CCO.. well then do not worry about decarb.
In fact, if you are baking... brownies..say 3r0-375 oven.. limit time to under 32 minutes* 1 pound of .batter.meat eggplant .etc inside a baking pan..
Ok I works out that the food will hit water boiling point in that oven, in 15 minutes.
10 f/min.
15 minutes.150 f rise.
60 f start food/water/batter//estimate//
Result 212 f. Water will stay at 212 till evaporated. Rapid rise to about 300. F. Everything organic is burning up at 300 +F surface.
Same process..sorta. The carbons are melting into sweet char instead of making thcA into thc.. but I digress..
So at 25 minutes you get 250 f rise and ,viola you are now at 310 f surface. Temp. .,,in seven more minutes you are destroying more thc than you are liberating..close call for bakers.. but clearly if you have that heat profile. Ie cooking heat 350 or w75 in oven. Then you should not pre decarbed the weed for extract. Just extract, then bake.decarb for free but be carful. It's so close. I can't measure it safely..

The temperature rise in the oven is very repeatable, for one pound of material.water batter eggplant .parmesian..lol steak.
On frying pan, evo is very stable and hot ready for eggs n onions at 275-300 ok add butter grams of bud whole . 7 minutes.. ok. No more
That oil is infused decarbed and ready for next food step..season to,taste..

BBQ grill way to insane temperature profile for mMj cook imho. 300/400 600 flame center..crazy..

Oil bath, easy way fondue pot filled with cheaper oil. It's for process, set to 230..
Now you can do anything........

Happy extract and cook.

Here the raw data...
E1BD96B0-2D96-4446-84D3-FD34126AC537.jpeg

Hi all,

Don't mean to contradict Oldbear, and I could be wrong, but I thought SSue still thinks that FHO makes the most potent oil and she is still searching for a simpler method that will give her those results (but without the double boiler hassle). I know she is planning to do an FHO run this weekend with a CBDCC harvest.

So, Depressed, both the FHO, and oil diffusions made from dried bud are designed for oral intake or use in cooking and as far as I know isn't for tacking (but I know little about tacking). And for the FHO method I'm fairly certain it does have to be fresh, but that only because it's called 'fresh' - maybe the method would work just fine.

Oldbear's oil making method is one good way to do a diffused oil. There are a few ways and different people will gravitate to different methods. And you're so right that it can be hard to eke out the methods within these very long threads. There's a lot of experimenting and trying things out here, which we all benefit from, so everyone and then someone just has to pop up and say help! As CS mentioned, SweetSue's blog is an awesome resource. Any oil making method she has there is going to make you some nice oil. Oldbear's method is simple. Others recommend decarb'ing the bud in the oven prior to the diffusion step. And there are a few minor variations in the recommendations about that too.

I'm in the process of trying a few with small amounts to see which approaches suit me in terms of effectiveness and the demand of making.

My most recent: I broke 2g of dried bud off their stems and put them in a small cake tin, covered the tin tightly with alfoil and baked for 30-40mins on 110-140degC (it was challenging to maintain the temp and, as I was decarb'ing a CDB rich variety and I've read CBD decarbs at slightly higher temps than THC, I figured this was ok). Then I let them cool completely before opening. Then I put them in a jar with 1/4cup of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) with the lid on (make sure it's all oven proof!) and baked it at about 110degC for a few hours (giving it a shake every now and then). This came out ok and was quicker that the previous method I have used (the 36hr oven infusion/decarb, which Sue says isn't worth the time now).

So that method is a bit of a mashup of methods and actually almost mimics the latest method which involves the magic butter machine. I don't have one of those so I improvised a bit (yes that's right folks, me, improvising in the kitchen!). Next time I might do the infusion stage for longer.

Hope that helps. It's an inexact science. Very dependent on the persons needs and abilities and available equipment. Using the EVOO is the preferred oil round here for medicinal dosing. If you're after oil for taking recreationally, the recommendation is to use Coconut oil (same methods).

Post any other questions you have. Someone will nearly always be around to help - I have found.

PS: Oldbear, I did catch your message here about helping me work out the strength of my latest run. I'm getting to it. Will respond over the weekend sometime- and thank you! .

Mad Scientist Update - Flavored Oil Extractions

I put some small orange peel pieces in small jar of infused oil. Put it in the fridge, shook it when I thought about it.

After just 1 week tried a taste test.

Enough orange flavor to cover the olive oil taste. Longer would be better as expected. Using small chunks of peel or even 'zest' should infuse more flavor faster.

Bonus findings - the white fleshy inside part of the orange peel absorbed lots of oil. Who knew?

Now I have cannabis infused orange peel snacks. They are very tasty and perhaps useful for those who don't like the taste of edible oil.

Now I'm pondering additional flavors :hmmmm:

Has anyone added essential oil flavor to edible oils?

Hi Marc thanks for sharing this with everyone. I stay away from ethanol but I'm sure others will try it out - hope so.

I agree with you about extractions and home cooking. When explaining my methods, I tell people its just baking and canning like Grandma used to do.

:thanks:

Old bear. To the question ???room temp extracts????

I know of one sure method.
Room temp ethanol extraction using “Ancient Greek “ methodology.

Using 25-100 ml of room temp, 60-80 F, Red wine.
Pour into ...a glass
Stuff bud into wine filled glass...
Wait ..using pointer finger.. push bud into wine till it drowns. Lightly.
Wait ..11 minutes..+/- 4/1 respectively.
Using same pointer finger, squish bud against the side of the glass. Firmly but don’t try to disintegrate the bud. More than one bud at a time is fine, but single file bud,s, and sips,and Refills ..are fine. This is an interactive extraction.

Ok dosing .. besides sipping during extraction.
Tilt glass to mouth, sifting with teeth drink .
Or strain , or just use pointer finger to grab bud out. Retian for analyzing.
Enjoy your ancient medicine *.

Analysis ... view bud under a loop, microscope, your naked eye and readers.. you can see the trichomes, and you can see when they are ....gone.. they are absorbed into the red wine..

Red wine contains 5-20 % ethanol..they say..lol.
It acts completely different when interacting with:
0..everything..lol...list..
Food.
Frying
Vegetables
Small amounts of water.
Cognac and red wine dissolve each other..odd.
..wonderful things happen with.. strawberry..pineapple...not so much apple .maybe cooked.lol..

Ok you get the idea. CCO extraction and home economics style ;cooking; are one and the same..imho
Cooking inthe kitchen and CCO extraction are joined at the hip.or is it root or colas/

Mad Scientist Update - Flavored Oil Extractions

I put some small orange peel pieces in small jar of infused oil. Put it in the fridge, shook it when I thought about it.

After just 1 week tried a taste test.

Enough orange flavor to cover the olive oil taste. Longer would be better as expected. Using small chunks of peel or even 'zest' should infuse more flavor faster.

Bonus findings - the white fleshy inside part of the orange peel absorbed lots of oil. Who knew?

Now I have cannabis infused orange peel snacks. They are very tasty and perhaps useful for those who don't like the taste of edible oil.

Now I'm pondering additional flavors :hmmmm:

Has anyone added essential oil flavor to edible oils?

You are brilliantly curious Oldbear. :hug: This intrigues me enough to give it a go. I'll pick up an orange tomorrow when I'm at the store. Would essential oils be what you'd want, or would you want flavoring a instead for an edible oil. We sometimes play with adding the essential oils to CCO or infused oils to enhance medicinal value, but I don't know what they'd do for taste.

Would flavorings be milder than essential oils?

That bud in the wine recipe Marc left sounds delicious too. I don't often have alcohol that isn't for extractions around, but I'll keep it in mind for some future adventure.

Ive been wondering what might happen if the material wasn't ground up. I keep looking at pics of buds and sugar leaves covered in trichomes. What about cutting off a flower top, and popping that untouched into some oil to melt the cannabinoids?

Wish I had a fresh top to play with.

healthytoo.jpg

Some current experiments underway:

Cold infused oil using ground herb
Cold infused oil using crumbled bud
Cold infused oil using ground herb with a few fresh leaves - Terpene boost.

Hot infused oil using ground bud and curing in a jar with orange peels - flavoured edible oils
Hot infused oil using ground bud and curing in a jar with cinnamon

Oooo..... Cinnamon flavoring. That'd be wonderful. At dinner last night they were giving shots of the most delicious cinnamon whiskey. Mmmmm....

I grow perpetually. I always have some blooming buds around. At the moment I have a Candy Cane that'd make a great candidate for this experimentation.

IMG_645412.JPG

She's a blizzard of snowball buds, sparkling with trichomes.

IMG_64538.JPG

So Oldbear, if you had fresh buds what would you do with them? I can do that over here. I just picked up more EVOO and coconut oil.

This is like sitting on Santa's knee :xmas:

First some early success which warrants more research: I have a little mason jar sitting on the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet (warmer up there). It has dry crumbled bud, a few fresh leaves, and is covered in olive oil. Its been sitting for 2 weeks.

This am I took a sip - maybe 1/2 ml. It is surprisingly good. It has captured smell and taste from the fresh leaves. It has a very strong effect on me - very mellow, relaxing, soothing.

I have no idea why. I either have the best placebo ever, or some volume of cannabinoids and terpenes has made its way in to the oil.

Experiment continuation - Ill keep sipping on this once a week to see if it changes. Ill also add some new oil to keep the jar full.

To your question what would I do. If I had the one flower top in your last picture, I would snip it off and put the entire thing in the smallest jar it would fit in, cover it with oil and let it sit a month.

Then sample the oil.

No harm if it doesn't suit you. Chop it up and cook it as per normal.

Alternatives: Warm the jar and everything in it up to say 170F, then cap it. Grandma's canned tomatoes. It will vacuum seal itself and last a long long time for curing.

That's what I would do.

Random thoughts. Olive oil is a preservative of sorts. Used to keep air and contaminants off of perishables. Been done for centuries.

Storing fresh cannabis in olive oil? I don't think that's a new thing :)

We're reinventing the wheel then, aren't we? :laughtwo: This time round we have fun appliances and new methods to explore. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Ok.... I picked a sacrificial bud and covered it in EVOO. I'll let it sit a month.

IMG_651514.JPG

IMG_651614.JPG

IMG_651713.JPG

IMG_652615.JPG

This isn't one of my tastiest chemovar, but it is reasonably high in THC so I'll be able to judge euphoric effects. When I have fresh Carnival buds I'll try again with the heated jar.

Man! It gets busy over here some days. :laughtwo:

Jones, yes, you wash the buds. Spin the water out or just hang to dry for about four hours. No need to decarb, the FHO process does that for you. Will you be documenting on the thread so we can all benefit from your playtime? :battingeyelashes:

Oldbear, your timing on the slow infusions is a mirror of the same questions running through my head lately. Must be time to work on that one.

Dear Depressed, :hug: :hug: :hug: You've relit the fire under me to get an infused oil thread up and running. There are so many effective ways to produce a potent and medicinally valuable oil. Oldbear is where I turn when I want it to be simple to make, complex in components, and effective medicine. Together we're learning that cannabis is the safest medicine to play with, and no deadly or dangerous side effects.

I'm celebrating my birthday this weekend, so I wouldn't expect that thread until later. :laughtwo:

I'll be doing an FHO run on Saturday, testing out the effectiveness of the decarb with the Instant Pot pressure cooker. If this does what we think it's doing that's the easiest way to produce the most wonderful oil I've come across in my short affiliation with the site.

To make your life easier, in any of the threads I maintain it's suggested that you go to the current page and ask your specific question. Someone there can either answer right off or will seek the answer out of the pages and pages of data. We experiment a lot. Things change.

Easy FHO Instructions

1. Gather your supplies

* 400 grams of fresh buds to 1000 ml of EVOO

2. Prepare the equipment
* The pressure cooker method requires a pressure cooker that'll maintain around 230 degrees F.
* Stovetop is more complicated. You'll need some type of double boiler arrangement for the hot oil bath.
* An immersion blender makes life much easier.

3. Process the mash

With a pressure cooker,
* Mash the plant material and oil together in the chamber, making sure you also add extra water to allow for the pressure needs.
* Set on low pressure and run for an hour.
* Let it release the pressure naturally.
* Strain out plant material, seperate oil from water.
* Add liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerate at least 24 hours before using.
* Stir before using. You'll get some sediment settling. Mix it back in.

On the stovetop I use a small stock pot set in a cast iron Dutch oven. This is why we're working on using the pressure cooker. No one is happy with the hot oil step.
* Using the immersion blender pulverize the plant material into the oil until it isn't recognizable as cannabis.
* Set the pot with the mash into the oil bath and turn on the heat. Get the mash up to 212 degrees and set the timer for 2 hours.
* Your goal is 235 degrees, but you can swing safely around that temperature. You'll be watching the bubbles. Keep it below 250 degrees.
* Stir every 5-10 minutes.
* You're going to boil off the water first. That's going to be very vigorious. Then decarb begins in earnest. Watch for temperature spikes as the water exits.
* When you don't see any more bubbles you're done. Cool and strain.
* Add liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Stir and use.

Hope that helped. That's about as simple as I can make it, and it's pretty much what you'll find on the first posts of the FHO thread, where you can watch it all happen in pictures. Feel free to ask any questions that arise. :battingeyelashes:

This oil has properties we don't understand fully. We're just beginning to explore it. It's much more potent than you expect, so dose carefully and thoughtfully.
Ok well ill document my next try cause this 1 was pretty weak due to using sum really weak bud and not enuf of it lol but yea the mbm2 will work for fho right?

Ok well ill document my next try cause this 1 was pretty weak due to using sum really weak bud and not enuf of it lol but yea the mbm2 will work for fho right?

Don't use the MB2 with a large quantity of fresh buds. It'll make perfectly acceptable infused oil with low and slo dried buds, and that'll give you so close to fresh that you probably won't know the difference. Using the MB2 for FHO can cause foaming, although thinking it over it may have been adding the lecithin at the beginning that caused that. :hmmmm:

It's not something I'd risk with fresh buds Jones. Hizzy had his overflow when he tried it the first time. Dry the buds low and slo and then kick up the MB2. Run it for 8 hours instead of their recommended 2 and decarb the dried buds first in a roasting bag that you let cool completely before you open it up. The MB2 won't decarb. I toss mine in the freezer for an hour after decarb.

Technically, FHO is made with fresh-cut buds. Using low and slo buds gives you the closest approximation, IMHO, but technically it's not FHO unless it's fresh or frozen and decarbed during the oil extraction and infusion.

Sue et al,
The fresh buds contain a ‘ton’ of water. The excess water weeps out into oil. It brings the water soluble items;
Wax
Choryphl sp
More water
Trichomes or two/ some do get stuck in the water, since not all go to the oil...right?
So, that mixture would look ..cloudy..opaque liquid..

Not at all like cold qwet..exactly like too. Warm or too wet qwet..foamy extract.

In hot skillet,waters gone. In flash..in 5-7 minutes the bud, butter, and what not.cooked, slight char ..means decarb too. Yum,,

Don't use the MB2 with a large quantity of fresh buds. It'll make perfectly acceptable infused oil with low and slo dried buds, and that'll give you so close to fresh that you probably won't know the difference. Using the MB2 for FHO can cause foaming, although thinking it over it may have been adding the lecithin at the beginning that caused that. :hmmmm:

It's not something I'd risk with fresh buds Jones. Hizzy had his overflow when he tried it the first time. Dry the buds low and slo and then kick up the MB2. Run it for 8 hours instead of their recommended 2 and decarb the dried buds first in a roasting bag that you let cool completely before you open it up. The MB2 won't decarb. I toss mine in the freezer for an hour after decarb.

Technically, FHO is made with fresh-cut buds. Using low and slo buds gives you the closest approximation, IMHO, but technically it's not FHO unless it's fresh or frozen and decarbed during the oil extraction and infusion.

Great experiment OldBear! But don't add new oil if time is one of the variables your are measuring.

Good advice. Ill do a separate test to drain and refill. I need to know how many times I can do an extraction on the same material with good results.

Old bear...
The on leaf material soaks off the plant/vegetables within 15-150 minutes.

None of the cannainoids are ‘bio-available’ ‘aka..thcA is not active in humans?’
There is no conversion of;
ThcA
CBD(>>ALL<<<)+A it carbolized too.
CbX+A carobolized.

Carbolized just means the nice thc and cbX is safely locked into its carboxl ring.
Think of it like Tupperware for thc.. of course and CB(all.)
Carboxlization is kinda like good oxidation. Rust does protect the under;ting material from further rust...err sometimes..mostly..
It’s forms the acidic ring that causes most of the
Hydrophobic properties—-it’s the bound oxygen, it’s electrons make it ‘polar’..

So, then it’s only about energy storage, and conversion. So, this means there is a minimum amount of energy required to disassemble the carboxyly rings. The alchemists in Holland measured this to begin at 200 f. Begin,barley preceptable. Old bear, et al,
200 F all day WILL NOT BOIL THE WATER. YOU MAY WAIT THE NORMAL FULL HETA 5 MINUTES OR 150 MINUTES EVEN 1500 MINUTES. UNTIL WATER IS 212 AND HEAT ADDED NO BOILING.

Plants, girls included, convert sunlight (700-780 nM peaked is best..aka pure green) and water into energy, aka sugar is the means to that end. The plant makes sugars. Oh it burns pure hydrogen to get the external energy to make a complex sugar from only sunlight that hits only the top,surface of the greenest portions of the leaves. So not bark, stem, stoma, or the veins only green. As a waste product, oxygen in excess of it’s night time consumption , oxygen is produced in a positive net quantity. Ok sugar doesn’t just ‘break down and convert to,anything ...without ..a reaction..means added energy.. ok the plants later make more complex structures with the extra sugar it can produce with
Water
Sunlight
Temperature >>65 f < 105 F.. they like it hotter than we humans do. Think chemical reactor factory. Solar fuels, low energy processes ..aka no smoke stack...external heat is energy. The range from 75 to 100 revs the plants factory workers way high up with moral..yeah .
Plants do extract sugars and minerals from the roots as well.

Ok so the plant also makes carboxl rings. CHO. c^6 H12 O6 . Carboxl six carbons 12 hydrogen’s 6 oxygens. Locked up tight. At increasing external temperature the bonds that bind, vibrate as heated..that is energy transfer, eventual the extranal energy overcomes the binding force Nd you have liberated the root molecule from its carboxl ring. Many things carbolized.

Analogy to cooking.
Onions
Garlic
Sugar.any form...

When heated don’t do much below 200 f, cooking surface temperature..
as they sizzle, and heat up, the water is driven off. Heat more.. things chNge color, they smell great.. it’s food de carbolizing and ‘carmelizing’ as it too goes from 212 to 300 f.. same range as the de carb for,thc.. why?

Plants pkNts plants... all the same thing....we are actuLly cooking the buds to bring them to decarb, then we cook to extract..aka remove.. trichomes from leaf. Sometimes there another cook to mAke final item cookies cakes chocolates nice oil mixtures gourmet foods.

So most of us are ‘under decarbing ‘ too low heat, not holding heated state long enough ,or not decarbing prior to extraction and getting ‘results’ from extracted oils tinctures etc.

Removing the trichomes is easy, inanything other than comfy air. Like on plant or in a baggie, they will slip off in any active liquid. Water is a solvent .water is pretty amazing all alone..so is ethanol, heated evoo,coconut oils, yummy butter.. do clArify butter for thc use please.

About the extractors
Ethanol can get near 100% of the trichomes into solution. Then evapored yield most oil...
Coconut oil yields ,<85%
Evoo <75 %
Clarify butter,ghee,etc <70 %
Butter< 65%
Milk, cream fat, <60%

So unless you are using ethanol or coconut oil to decarb/extract you are losing 10/15/30 % of the thc and the cannainoids.

So, then why does under or no decarbed buds still,produce effects?

Idk ..yet.

One without decarb it’s nit like none of the thc is bio Available. From holland chart, it looks like 1/4 was there doing nothing. Ie they take 3 units to about 12 units all the time. Peaked for a moment at 13/14/15 ..units. Chemist units...yeah bs ...lol
If you go,from 3 units to 4.5 units , a 50% increase. That might incourage you..add more heat above 200,
3 to 6. Double the base raw thc cbX.. not bad.
3 to 9 ? Better
3 to 12? Yep this is what we want to do.. we want the thc and cbX free from 400% of there binds. Yep.
How? 230 f 42 minutes . Leaf temperature.

So making brownies with undercharged weed, lots of butter,eggs, chocolate, 350 F oven for 45 minutes.. sounds perfect for cook extract right into the brownie. Decarb as it cooks. The brownie dough reached 200 in about 15 minutes.10 F min rise.
The brownie loafs surface does get heated and sears shut.destrying local ..structure. It’s ‘nicely burnt’. Then in 32 minutes the loaf is at 300 f. I’d stop at 39 minutes if a could....

Omg sugar -ethanol- blackberries..

If you add all three there juice faster than any two ..way way faster. Better juice imho..
Ok then add heat... bring strained syrup juice fruit Parts to 200 f , slow boil up..
then plunge cool.. omg..it’s 5 buck a scoop gourmet dessert time.

I used corrvoiser - cognac, it could just as well been spirts but cognac is so good for food cooks...buds to.. cane sugar, confect sugar, two pints blackberries. Well 1.5 I eat some..

Old bear, sweetest sue...
What else is the goal of the no or low energy exratctions ?????
I am sure you are searching all possible methods.. and finding interesting process and results.
However, for thc and cannabinoids . There is no better way than ethanol or heated oil/water extracts.

There is one piece of info in that ‘how we bust you chart’ that mentions that””””

ThcA builds up inthe liver, some.
Additional uses ,consumption, re-triggers the ‘’breakdown” of thcA into the blood stream...

Hmm say what????
ThcA ..breaks down into thc.. then your body can use it.
So is that the amount we eat,consume..not inhale, a ‘cannainoids store” in us? In thcA stored inthe liver?
Then the very next ingestion, activates the thc store.. how wonderful if all that is true..

Old bear this would explain your process and effects with low decarb energy. It just takes the next dose.. lol. So,when you sipped this am. Your body very well may have pumped out last nights sip, and stored this mornings sip. Don’t stop,taking it..lol..

Look I wen from eating chcoclate w thc/Cbd in amounts that flor me today.
I stopped all,consumption for 30 days..
The pain profile of course was changing due to circumstances.
Once resumed, I can feel the ebb and flow of this medicines effects.
The inhaled fast head high
The tincture- whole body instant relief
The coconut chocolate deep slow tissue relief , over night rejuventTe.

Good advice. Ill do a separate test to drain and refill. I need to know how many times I can do an extraction on the same material with good results.

I find it interesting that EVOO is only a 75% extraction efficiency, and yet I believe Olive oil will hold the highest concentrations of cannabinoids.

I was under the impression that infused oils were 85% efficient. It hadn't occured to me that there could be such a difference between coconut and olive. The olive is working just fine with my CBD Critical Cure, but now you have me thinking about all that potentially got left behind.

Marc, do you know if agitation during the extraction process with EVOO would increase the number of cannabinoids picked up?

They've just begun studying the acid cannabinoids, and they're finding them to be superior medicine for just about anything that has an inflammatory response. I believe they're also finding that they do many of the same things their natural counterparts would do, but using different receptors. New science. We have a couple more years before real understanding is developed.

When I make my brownies I was decarbing at 235 F for 45 minutes, adding the crumbled buds to the oil and going another 45 minutes before adding that oil and plant material to my brownie mix and cooking for the 35 minutes at 350 F. I'll tell you Marc, my brownies would be too potent for most people. :laughtwo: Usually others eat them in small bites. Me? I was consuming approx 75 mg of THC per dose and functioning just fine. I'm certain I have my personal method all worked out.

I love all this information you're dropping here. :hug:

Hmmm....THCa gets stored in the liver and then gets converted to THC by some internal mechanism? Do you have a link to this information?

Back
Top Bottom