4B6F84E2-3771-4E7A-9375-94275F351EF5.png

Here’s more data....
Look like a similar chart to decarb thcA versus time and temperature.... lots there..

Here this shows the human body , cavity retention chart. This one is for thc ingested by inhalation.smokking/ dosed at/
Dick weed 1 mg
Weed 5 mg
Nice weed 10 mg.
Whole joint then drive/drive while toking. 50 mg dose.

The storage of the cavity, corresponds to a different thc metabolite . The actual thc exists for only 1-4 hours. In plasma urine..
The other metabolite persist..looks like forever...

The boys in blue. Can/wil/do/bystander when they want based upon rise in second cavity metabolite. It’s like click work..

Except one thing if you ingest tincture cookies oil infused with CCO/rso/ the data us invalid/ so is the whole test..so your lawyer gets you off.too...lol cost 4000 buck or more don’t get busted...lol

Further,I wish I had whole articles text... thcA is mentioned as the ‘cummulative’ Thc. Increasing future subsequent doses. Must convert latter? In liver?

So OldBear says all thc cannabinoids good for ya.. he’s right.
Thc medicine ‘real user friendly “
He’s right the plant is built for adaption.

Yet further, the chart shows incredible fast uptake with 15-45 rapid decrease in plasma thc/cbX/
So, low dose. Repeated at 1-2-3 better than high dose 3-4-5 for medical,or recreational.

Your body responds to a rate of change. The rapid increase of thc in plasma is felt. Have a nice bong hit.exhsle..see
Or, drop 2 ml..40 mg CCO infusment..into 10 ml of Kahlua.drink..stronger than bing hit.

If you took 1 ml ..20 mg infusement..into 8 ml of kahula..drink..similar starting point..and if for pain/etc your better off with second 1 ml ...

Chart supports the idea if lowest effective dose. You may increase doses per day..
‘Hey If I cut the dose in half... it just might last twice as long...lol”

4B6F84E2-3771-4E7A-9375-94275F351EF5.png

Here’s more data....
Look like a similar chart to decarb thcA versus time and temperature.... lots there..

Here this shows the human body , cavity retention chart. This one is for thc ingested by inhalation.smokking/ dosed at/
Dick weed 1 mg
Weed 5 mg
Nice weed 10 mg.
Whole joint then drive/drive while toking. 50 mg dose.

The storage of the cavity, corresponds to a different thc metabolite . The actual thc exists for only 1-4 hours. In plasma urine..
The other metabolite persist..looks like forever...

The boys in blue. Can/wil/do/bystander when they want based upon rise in second cavity metabolite. It’s like click work..

Except one thing if you ingest tincture cookies oil infused with CCO/rso/ the data us invalid/ so is the whole test..so your lawyer gets you off.too...lol cost 4000 buck or more don’t get busted...lol

Why does CCO ingestion throw the data off Marc?

It was disturbing to consider that the "peace officers" would delay your processing to get the test results they want. Prohibition....... :straightface:

Sweet sue.....since the ‘las’assumes You smoke crap weed, or ok weed or kick weed. They set the ‘bust your butt’ limit to detect smoking ‘dick weed’ ..ok 20 bucks in 1972, and then it’s shit.. 1mg in one or two joints....so they look fornrise in metabolite..and from first prfussion cavity..it’s your intestines..that release after brain, and fast tissue..

So sue, when a patient swallows 1/3/5/10/20/50 mg in a chocolate or other form..and you been treating for a time..all profusion levels would be 1000 times higher than your driving ‘stoned’ since we see elevated metabolite... ours is always showing stoned, just smoked, dui, ...ALWAYS.......

the dui laws have changed..for drinkers, they Gaul your ass ‘downtown station. Blowing 20-50 minutes..to enable you stomach to empty ethanol into blood so they can fry your asz... that’s in the law now. Filed soberity is to sort the unlucky from lucky.

Sue city police are over worked.population centers with 250,000/500,000/—2m-5m/ a zoo..
DUI is a business. The limits design to catch smokers with 1-2 hours post smoking... smell in your car .to jail..dui.
Consuming mMj...quilts since your liver squirts all metabolites all the time.builds up crazy levels...independent of ‘high’ or euphoria//or hell sue , just plain happy....your thc profile is...condemning..

I made my coconut oil infused chocolates. 1600 mg thc Cbd/into 40 bites of chocolate. These are 1/2 dose from my peak..and i took some and two days disappeared..lol..so ..post medically supervised poisoning and withdrawal, your recovering Cns and body requires much less thc/Cbd for ‘maintenance.....0-75 mg thc Cbd /day down from 75 -200 mg /day when fighting off death , and worse...compound isolate medicine.

Sue...baking at 375 f, is tricky..but possible!..tricky however.ill post raw data, and summary.

:thumb:I've heard of leaving cured cannabis in Mason Jar sealed with oil for three months, don't know how effective it is.:Namaste:

hi sue i had a question about doing fresh harvest oil i wanted to make some oil for edibals and actually use bud this time instead of trim and shake that has sat out for weeks drying. but yea for fresh harvest oil do i wash the buds still?? and also do i still decarb the bud and if so do i do it like i normally would 230 degrees f
for about 110 min?

Thanx but on this one i didnt add the lecithin cause I ran out an all i have left is granules an i used those once wen I first started out makn oil an it didn't work out i dont think the granules will work since they dnt break dwn much really so idk if i could add that to my brownie mix or not wen im baking with my oil but yea my oil still had that gelatin like substance i did use Grape seed oil if that makes a difference n used my mbm2 8 hour setting but yea my brownies now have a layer of slippery wetness almost like the oil sank to the bottom of them or something

I have this too in recently made GSO oil. I also have it in EVOO oils. My guess it's plant waxes and lipids that settle out. I just remix before use.

Can someone help me with some clearly and coherently laid out instructions to utilize the "fresh harvest oil" method please (even though I don't have access to fresh buds- I'll be using cured buds...is that a game changer?)??

Is this the most economical method and efficient method after 353 pages of discussion? I've used RSO in the past with great success but

Can I tack this oil?

PS I've read about 3 different methods to produce this fresh harvest oil all differing and non clearly laid out. Please help.

Can someone help me with some clearly and coherently laid out instructions to utilize the "fresh harvest oil" method please (even though I don't have access to fresh buds- I'll be using cured buds...is that a game changer?)??

Is this the most economical method and efficient method after 353 pages of discussion? I've used RSO in the past with great success but

Can I tack this oil?

PS I've read about 3 different methods to produce this fresh harvest oil all differing and non clearly laid out. Please help.
Sue has a blog for it, I'm on my phone, I'll try and source it when I get coffee in me and post a link

I've done it, pretty easy, takes some attention, but worked well

Hi depressed I hope you aren't.

Fresh Harvest thread got very busy. Different temps and times and pieces of equipment ...... I know Sue has decided its not worth the time and trouble based on traditional methods.

Heres a simple recipe:

Break up your buts in to small pieces with your fingers.
Put a quantity in a small jar - say 5 grams.
Cover that with EVOO and give it a stir - say 50 ml
Put a tin foil roof on the jar.
Bake it at 220F for 2 hours.
Strain off the oil.

Optional second wash - add more oil and bake it at 220F for 1 hour. Strain that off. Sometimes Ill use coconut oil in the second pass.

This will give you a decarbed edible oil extraction which you can dab, put under your tongue or whatever.

Edit to add: Keep the plant material leftovers in the fridge. You can use it for all kinds of things. On salads, in smoothies, baking and so forth

Can I tack this oil?

Hi depressed I hope you aren't.

Fresh Harvest thread got very busy. Different temps and times and pieces of equipment ...... I know Sue has decided its not worth the time and trouble based on traditional methods.

Heres a simple recipe:

Break up your buts in to small pieces with your fingers.
Put a quantity in a small jar - say 5 grams.
Cover that with EVOO and give it a stir - say 50 ml
Put a tin foil roof on the jar.
Bake it at 220F for 2 hours.
Strain off the oil.

Optional second wash - add more oil and bake it at 220F for 1 hour. Strain that off. Sometimes Ill use coconut oil in the second pass.

This will give you a decarbed edible oil extraction which you can dab, put under your tongue or whatever.

Edit to add: Keep the plant material leftovers in the fridge. You can use it for all kinds of things. On salads, in smoothies, baking and so forth

Hi all,

Don't mean to contradict Oldbear, and I could be wrong, but I thought SSue still thinks that FHO makes the most potent oil and she is still searching for a simpler method that will give her those results (but without the double boiler hassle). I know she is planning to do an FHO run this weekend with a CBDCC harvest.

So, Depressed, both the FHO, and oil diffusions made from dried bud are designed for oral intake or use in cooking and as far as I know isn't for tacking (but I know little about tacking). And for the FHO method I'm fairly certain it does have to be fresh, but that only because it's called 'fresh' - maybe the method would work just fine.

Oldbear's oil making method is one good way to do a diffused oil. There are a few ways and different people will gravitate to different methods. And you're so right that it can be hard to eke out the methods within these very long threads. There's a lot of experimenting and trying things out here, which we all benefit from, so everyone and then someone just has to pop up and say help! As CS mentioned, SweetSue's blog is an awesome resource. Any oil making method she has there is going to make you some nice oil. Oldbear's method is simple. Others recommend decarb'ing the bud in the oven prior to the diffusion step. And there are a few minor variations in the recommendations about that too.

I'm in the process of trying a few with small amounts to see which approaches suit me in terms of effectiveness and the demand of making.

My most recent: I broke 2g of dried bud off their stems and put them in a small cake tin, covered the tin tightly with alfoil and baked for 30-40mins on 110-140degC (it was challenging to maintain the temp and, as I was decarb'ing a CDB rich variety and I've read CBD decarbs at slightly higher temps than THC, I figured this was ok). Then I let them cool completely before opening. Then I put them in a jar with 1/4cup of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) with the lid on (make sure it's all oven proof!) and baked it at about 110degC for a few hours (giving it a shake every now and then). This came out ok and was quicker that the previous method I have used (the 36hr oven infusion/decarb, which Sue says isn't worth the time now).

So that method is a bit of a mashup of methods and actually almost mimics the latest method which involves the magic butter machine. I don't have one of those so I improvised a bit (yes that's right folks, me, improvising in the kitchen!). Next time I might do the infusion stage for longer.

Hope that helps. It's an inexact science. Very dependent on the persons needs and abilities and available equipment. Using the EVOO is the preferred oil round here for medicinal dosing. If you're after oil for taking recreationally, the recommendation is to use Coconut oil (same methods).

Post any other questions you have. Someone will nearly always be around to help - I have found.

PS: Oldbear, I did catch your message here about helping me work out the strength of my latest run. I'm getting to it. Will respond over the weekend sometime- and thank you! .

@ Amy 'no worries mate' is that how they say it ?

There is no contradiction - I too took Sue's comment to mean good results from a simpler and less time consuming method.

You have said it well - many good methods available which are fun to experiment with.

I think you have posted everything I need for an approximate strength calculation just give me a minute ......

Based on 120 ml of oil and 2 grams of cbd critical cure, profile from your journal.

Amy's Latest Oil

Man! It gets busy over here some days. :laughtwo:

Jones, yes, you wash the buds. Spin the water out or just hang to dry for about four hours. No need to decarb, the FHO process does that for you. Will you be documenting on the thread so we can all benefit from your playtime? :battingeyelashes:

Oldbear, your timing on the slow infusions is a mirror of the same questions running through my head lately. Must be time to work on that one.

Dear Depressed, :hug: :hug: :hug: You've relit the fire under me to get an infused oil thread up and running. There are so many effective ways to produce a potent and medicinally valuable oil. Oldbear is where I turn when I want it to be simple to make, complex in components, and effective medicine. Together we're learning that cannabis is the safest medicine to play with, and no deadly or dangerous side effects.

I'm celebrating my birthday this weekend, so I wouldn't expect that thread until later. :laughtwo:

I'll be doing an FHO run on Saturday, testing out the effectiveness of the decarb with the Instant Pot pressure cooker. If this does what we think it's doing that's the easiest way to produce the most wonderful oil I've come across in my short affiliation with the site.

To make your life easier, in any of the threads I maintain it's suggested that you go to the current page and ask your specific question. Someone there can either answer right off or will seek the answer out of the pages and pages of data. We experiment a lot. Things change.

Easy FHO Instructions

1. Gather your supplies

* 400 grams of fresh buds to 1000 ml of EVOO

2. Prepare the equipment
* The pressure cooker method requires a pressure cooker that'll maintain around 230 degrees F.
* Stovetop is more complicated. You'll need some type of double boiler arrangement for the hot oil bath.
* An immersion blender makes life much easier.

3. Process the mash

With a pressure cooker,
* Mash the plant material and oil together in the chamber, making sure you also add extra water to allow for the pressure needs.
* Set on low pressure and run for an hour.
* Let it release the pressure naturally.
* Strain out plant material, seperate oil from water.
* Add liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerate at least 24 hours before using.
* Stir before using. You'll get some sediment settling. Mix it back in.

On the stovetop I use a small stock pot set in a cast iron Dutch oven. This is why we're working on using the pressure cooker. No one is happy with the hot oil step.
* Using the immersion blender pulverize the plant material into the oil until it isn't recognizable as cannabis.
* Set the pot with the mash into the oil bath and turn on the heat. Get the mash up to 212 degrees and set the timer for 2 hours.
* Your goal is 235 degrees, but you can swing safely around that temperature. You'll be watching the bubbles. Keep it below 250 degrees.
* Stir every 5-10 minutes.
* You're going to boil off the water first. That's going to be very vigorious. Then decarb begins in earnest. Watch for temperature spikes as the water exits.
* When you don't see any more bubbles you're done. Cool and strain.
* Add liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Stir and use.

Hope that helped. That's about as simple as I can make it, and it's pretty much what you'll find on the first posts of the FHO thread, where you can watch it all happen in pictures. Feel free to ask any questions that arise. :battingeyelashes:

This oil has properties we don't understand fully. We're just beginning to explore it. It's much more potent than you expect, so dose carefully and thoughtfully.

@ Amy 'no worries mate' is that how they say it ?

There is no contradiction - I too took Sue's comment to mean good results from a simpler and less time consuming method.

You have said it well - many good methods available which are fun to experiment with.

I think you have posted everything I need for an approximate strength calculation just give me a minute ......

Based on 120 ml of oil and 2 grams of cbd critical cure, profile from your journal.

Amy's Latest Oil

'Tis a thing of beauty .

Thank you kind sir!

Ive been wondering what might happen if the material wasn't ground up. I keep looking at pics of buds and sugar leaves covered in trichomes. What about cutting off a flower top, and popping that untouched into some oil to melt the cannabinoids?

Wish I had a fresh top to play with.

healthytoo.jpg

Some current experiments underway:

Cold infused oil using ground herb
Cold infused oil using crumbled bud
Cold infused oil using ground herb with a few fresh leaves - Terpene boost.

Hot infused oil using ground bud and curing in a jar with orange peels - flavoured edible oils
Hot infused oil using ground bud and curing in a jar with cinnamon

Man! It gets busy over here some days. :laughtwo:

Easy FHO Instructions

1. Gather your supplies

* 400 grams of fresh buds to 1000 ml of EVOO

2. Prepare the equipment
* The pressure cooker method requires a pressure cooker that'll maintain around 230 degrees F.
* Stovetop is more complicated. You'll need some type of double boiler arrangement for the hot oil bath.
* An immersion blender makes life much easier.

3. Process the mash

With a pressure cooker,
* Mash the plant material and oil together in the chamber, making sure you also add extra water to allow for the pressure needs.
* Set on low pressure and run for an hour.
* Let it release the pressure naturally.
* Strain out plant material, seperate oil from water.
* Add liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerate at least 24 hours before using.
* Stir before using. You'll get some sediment settling. Mix it back in.

On the stovetop I use a small stock pot set in a cast iron Dutch oven. This is why we're working on using the pressure cooker. No one is happy with the hot oil step.
* Using the immersion blender pulverize the plant material into the oil until it isn't recognizable as cannabis.
* Set the pot with the mash into the oil bath and turn on the heat. Get the mash up to 212 degrees and set the timer for 2 hours.
* Your goal is 235 degrees, but you can swing safely around that temperature. You'll be watching the bubbles. Keep it below 250 degrees.
* Stir every 5-10 minutes.
* You're going to boil off the water first. That's going to be very vigorious. Then decarb begins in earnest. Watch for temperature spikes as the water exits.
* When you don't see any more bubbles you're done. Cool and strain.
* Add liquid sunflower lecithin and refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Stir and use.

Hope that helped. That's about as simple as I can make it, and it's pretty much what you'll find on the first posts of the FHO thread, where you can watch it all happen in pictures. Feel free to ask any questions that arise. :battingeyelashes:

This oil has properties we don't understand fully. We're just beginning to explore it. It's much more potent than you expect, so dose carefully and thoughtfully.

Old bear. To the question ???room temp extracts????

I know of one sure method.
Room temp ethanol extraction using "Ancient Greek " methodology.

Using 25-100 ml of room temp, 60-80 F, Red wine.
Pour into ...a glass
Stuff bud into wine filled glass...
Wait ..using pointer finger.. push bud into wine till it drowns. Lightly.
Wait ..11 minutes..+/- 4/1 respectively.
Using same pointer finger, squish bud against the side of the glass. Firmly but don't try to disintegrate the bud. More than one bud at a time is fine, but single file bud,s, and sips,and Refills ..are fine. This is an interactive extraction.

Ok dosing .. besides sipping during extraction.
Tilt glass to mouth, sifting with teeth drink .
Or strain , or just use pointer finger to grab bud out. Retian for analyzing.
Enjoy your ancient medicine *.

Analysis ... view bud under a loop, microscope, your naked eye and readers.. you can see the trichomes, and you can see when they are ....gone.. they are absorbed into the red wine..

Red wine contains 5-20 % ethanol..they say..lol.
It acts completely different when interacting with:
0..everything..lol...list..
Food.
Frying
Vegetables
Small amounts of water.
Cognac and red wine dissolve each other..odd.
..wonderful things happen with.. strawberry..pineapple...not so much apple .maybe cooked.lol..

Ok you get the idea. CCO extraction and home economics style ;cooking; are one and the same..imho
Cooking inthe kitchen and CCO extraction are joined at the hip.or is it root or colas/

Old bear. To the question ???room temp extracts????

I know of one sure method.
Room temp ethanol extraction using "Ancient Greek " methodology.

Using 25-100 ml of room temp, 60-80 F, Red wine.
Pour into ...a glass
Stuff bud into wine filled glass...
Wait ..using pointer finger.. push bud into wine till it drowns. Lightly.
Wait ..11 minutes..+/- 4/1 respectively.
Using same pointer finger, squish bud against the side of the glass. Firmly but don't try to disintegrate the bud. More than one bud at a time is fine, but single file bud,s, and sips,and Refills ..are fine. This is an interactive extraction.

Ok dosing .. besides sipping during extraction.
Tilt glass to mouth, sifting with teeth drink .
Or strain , or just use pointer finger to grab bud out. Retian for analyzing.
Enjoy your ancient medicine *.

Analysis ... view bud under a loop, microscope, your naked eye and readers.. you can see the trichomes, and you can see when they are ....gone.. they are absorbed into the red wine..

Red wine contains 5-20 % ethanol..they say..lol.
It acts completely different when interacting with:
0..everything..lol...list..
Food.
Frying
Vegetables
Small amounts of water.
Cognac and red wine dissolve each other..odd.
..wonderful things happen with.. strawberry..pineapple...not so much apple .maybe cooked.lol..

Ok you get the idea. CCO extraction and home economics style ;cooking; are one and the same..imho
Cooking inthe kitchen and CCO extraction are joined at the hip.or is it root or colas/
Would that be fresh bud or dried bud old bear?

Back
Top Bottom