That works. Now I have to figure out how to use it. What is it using as a data source for the calculations?

Hi AK glad you were able to get it working.

All the yellow and peach coloured cells are fields that can be changed to create your own recipes and mixes.

The strain profiles in my case come on the bottles from the Canadian Licensed Producers or their web sites. Without lab test results, suggest people use the strain profile that comes from the breeders.

These will not be 100% accurate, but in the absence of lab tests, its the best we have.

One big, but changeable, variable is the extraction production efficiency. Ive set it at 85% because Ive seen people use that on here as a sort of standard.

Let me know if that fully answers your question ok?

Hi all - I have heard back from Teddy Edwards. It has been approved for posting / use as a downloadable read only worksheet.

Enjoy

Hi all

The link takes you to a sheet which people can use to:

- enter the strain profile for up to 3 strains
- enter the volume of herb and volume of oil for your recipe for each of them
- calculates total cannabinoid load for the batch
- calculates cannabinoid content in mg/ml of each oil

- it is setup to allow you to create 3 different blends of oil using whatever volumes of each oil you want to experiment with
- calculates total cannabinoids in the blend
- calculates the cannabinoid profile of a dose based on whatever volume in ml you want the dose to be

- its based on an extraction efficiency of 85% but that is something you can change for each strain/method

420 Magazine Multi-Strain Calculator

That works. Now I have to figure out how to use it. What is it using as a data source for the calculations?

Hi all - I have heard back from Teddy Edwards. It has been approved for posting / use as a downloadable read only worksheet.

Enjoy

So we can only read it, not calculate? Or does that mean it can't be printed? Forgive my ignorance, but I have no experience with spreadsheets. My work career was spent mostly as an artist.

On the Decoding the Holy Grail thread Teddy let us upload and link to a usable spreadsheet...I'd assume the same would apply here since it's a very similar sheet

So we can only read it, not calculate? Or does that mean it can't be printed? Forgive my ignorance, but I have no experience with spreadsheets. My work career was spent mostly as an artist.

@ Sue open it in your browser, click (at top of page) File>Download Give it a name you would like. You can now use your copy to key in the values that relate to your needs and it will recalculate everything for you. Its a page from a cookbook and you can key in your own recipe. :) Lemme know if you need help to make yourself a copy.

@Chris - in the Holy Grail, the content of the sheets was pretty much fixed based on lab tests. In this case, every user will have their own strains, oil recipes, concentrations and dose sizes. Every change would over write someone else's work.

Each person needs their own copy to play with.

Oldbear thanks again for the support on this! At some point, when time permits, I'll try and contribute some more to this effort. I'm pretty gifted taking documents like this one, and modifying them to make them more "user-friendly." Obviously none of the formulas would change, but I'd probably add an additional sheet for "Instructions," so you'd have two sheets, one to run the calculations - one with instructions on how to use the sheets.

I'm not sure, but I bet there's a way to lock the formulas in certain cells, so only the input values can be added. Just a thought. I'm still using this sheet though - still working through some things. Our efforts are on hold until Abigail's neurologist reads the recent bloodwork. More to follow!

.... and modifying them to make them more "user-friendly." Obviously none of the formulas would change, but I'd probably add an additional sheet for "Instructions," so you'd have two sheets, one to run the calculations - one with instructions on how to use the sheets.

Our efforts are on hold until Abigail's neurologist reads the recent bloodwork. More to follow!

All changes / improvements welcome :) Best wishes for the bloodwork results

Thank you Oldbear. I'll be sharing this on my journal and a few other places, if you don't mind. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you Oldbear. I'll be sharing this on my journal and a few other places, if you don't mind. :battingeyelashes:

Mind hell no .... its a 420Mag resource meant for sharing. I figured you would know the best places to start that sharing :)

Great work Oldbear .

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet as I'm limited how much computer time I can manage - but I plan to use it in the future. There are 2 or 3 folk asking me to make an oil for them so it will allow me to give them some idea of the contents.

@ Sue open it in your browser, click (at top of page) File>Download Give it a name you would like. You can now use your copy to key in the values that relate to your needs and it will recalculate everything for you. Its a page from a cookbook and you can key in your own recipe. :) Lemme know if you need help to make yourself a copy.

@Chris - in the Holy Grail, the content of the sheets was pretty much fixed based on lab tests. In this case, every user will have their own strains, oil recipes, concentrations and dose sizes. Every change would over write someone else's work.

Each person needs their own copy to play with.

Sue - am I right in thinking you do all your work on iPad? If so you might find you need the MSoffice for iPad suite to access the doc in excel (or some other spreadsheet app that will read it). Otherwise it might require a computer...

Oldbear - having my own to play with sounds excellent ..
And thanks for getting it all clear with the site mods.

Oldbear thanks again for the support on this! At some point, when time permits, I'll try and contribute some more to this effort. I'm pretty gifted taking documents like this one, and modifying them to make them more "user-friendly." Obviously none of the formulas would change, but I'd probably add an additional sheet for "Instructions," so you'd have two sheets, one to run the calculations - one with instructions on how to use the sheets.

I'm not sure, but I bet there's a way to lock the formulas in certain cells, so only the input values can be added. Just a thought. I'm still using this sheet though - still working through some things. Our efforts are on hold until Abigail's neurologist reads the recent bloodwork. More to follow!

Great ideas on refining the spreadsheet - thanks .

I'm an amateur spreadsheet maker - have made some pretty involved ones for project finance tracking and they work tho. I even lock cells against myself! Eliminates risk of inadvertent or ill advised input

Hi AK glad you were able to get it working.

All the yellow and peach coloured cells are fields that can be changed to create your own recipes and mixes.

The strain profiles in my case come on the bottles from the Canadian Licensed Producers or their web sites. Without lab test results, suggest people use the strain profile that comes from the breeders.

These will not be 100% accurate, but in the absence of lab tests, its the best we have.

One big, but changeable, variable is the extraction production efficiency. Ive set it at 85% because Ive seen people use that on here as a sort of standard.

Let me know if that fully answers your question ok?

What was that, that just flew over my head? LOL! I am not much of an Excel user and don't understand most of the input. That's OK. I'll let my ladies tell me what they need, and use whatever you folks post for the specs for any strain.

:hmmmm:

Hey boys n girls!
I stumbled across these 2 websites while researching last night, the first helps to explain some of the differences between the carrier oils, how fast they're absorbed and what oils can be swapped if you dont have something to hand. The second seems to go into further detail (entourage effect etc....) and provide a retail supply of individual carrier oils.
Hope these can be of use to some of you making topicals, suppositories or edibles.

1, A Guide to Carrier Oil Substitutions - Humblebee & Me

2, Carrier Oils - Cosmetic Grade Base Oils For Skin Care and Hair Care

Marc, I don't believe the internal temperature of the brownies I make gets up to 350 F in the 35 minutes it takes to bake them. If it does, it won't be there for long. I use a 350 degree oven, maximum, for precisely the reasons you bring up. I'm not interested in sacrificing cannabinoids, or at least not more than absolutely necessary.

Sue... in time all,things in the .OVEN' reach the Oven temp. Plus the heat rise due to radiant heat from elements/or blast of gas fired air. The on and off cycle of the oven means it rises and falls 5/10/15 F. Some more...

Sue, I'll will construct and perform scientific tests.
Data here///old bear can sort it and plot it in excel..lol..

Sue... clearly if you make brownie. Don't decaeb weed and use 350 oven for 30/40/50 minutes....look at the de carb SCIENTIFIC REAL WORLD DATA.. it's all that matters .

Furthermore, I have investigated why our girls create thc that carbolizes... sue this part is way more fun then the mechanical detail.
Here how it works ,at the plant. The thc solar powered plant.. our girls convert sunlight/water/ minerals to thc.
The thc is in the gooey trichomes. ..insert photo... well the first trichomes to appear are there for a relatively long time. Weeks 4-12 of them. And the thc is constantly being created and stored on the leaf ...thankfully..
It's got/cold wet dry and it's exposed to air/Oxygen...../
Oxygen destroys nearly everything it touches. By oxidation /rust/ patina/ tarnish silver/ all oxidation.. so we should have thc-oxide...and we don't....thankfully... as once the R-molecule. Has been oxidizes. The energy stored in the thc is reduced lowered. Means the elector chemical energy stored inthe atomic str'ucture. Meaning all the 'sunlight' you put in/with water/ got energized and saved, like battery inthe trichomes.

It purely energy concentration.. therefore the second law, not mine, universal Say once energy is collected and concentrated to be useful, naturally forces arise to dissipate and weaken the increased energy...look up second law of thermodynamics... first law is good to. Opposite and equal reaction. These two laws explain...just about everything around us..

Anyway back to tea time...thankfully our girls have produced other enezymes that instead allow the thc filled trichomes to oxlate.. thankfully.. the process of adding the COOH bonded 'water' to trichomes adds energy to the molecule ..add up,the electrons to convince your self...and protects it from /dissipation of the thc-9/ by oxidation ...

We come along and break t;he COOH bond with heat when smoked. Behind the burning embers at 350-400 F, there is an area of material at 230-290 F, not burnt/not vaporized/by rapidly inverting the thcA into thc and rapidly converting thc to cBN...or we heat in process container between 220-240 for 75- 40 minutes and extract into; ethanol/ oil...

That explain the 'non polar' the hydroscopic nature of thc. It is antagonist against water...thankfully. Sue if it were not. The thc/thcA would not survive weeks ,like 2-4. In heat sun rain watering..it would be soaked/oxidized crap....
Instead we have the thc locked into a molecule /the oxlate process. Happened by act of g-d. Statiscally it happens..

So..can we make pasteries with CCO at 290 F oven for longer or does that require reforming the batter?? I'll measure the batter temp rise in 350/375 oven.. you see if we can remove thermal destruction from oven temps.. ie lower thermal potential from>>> 300 to < 293 ?

The reason I personally dose with brownies is to get 11-hydroxy THC, my favorite metabolite. :cheesygrinsmiley: It's 11-hydroxy that fuels SweetSue. :laughtwo: There's no better way to disguise the taste of cannabis than with a delicious, moist brownie. Chocolate is brain food for women, you know. :battingeyelashes:

I love brownies too. When we can make them and surely retain thc 9 I'll make more.. chocolate is good for all humans I'm thinking.sue do,you still have my early,posts. I gave out my coco nut/infused/homemade chocolate. And even the addition of the magic chocolate powder/. Since then I have learned the chcoclate powder, I,make, is also,great as a non dairy chcoclate-mocha coffe creamer.. it has chocolate /cocoa pure 1 part / powdered milk...3 parts../ confectionary sugar 2-3 parts. To,tastes..3 is great..lol./ Keep in little container/ male a handful a t a time. I use as 1 part . A heaping tea ☕️ spoon... add one or two teaspoon to your beverage. All day long if you like... sue I add that powder to the chocolate melt..makes it special speacilelly good.. add maple syrup/ vanilla&rum to taste. Creme de menthe oil makes the chocolate minty fresh...

You know Marc, I recently did a 36-hr oil that barely decarbed at 170 degrees. It took over two hours with a hot oil bath to get the bubbles to stop. That surprised me, quite frankly, even as it renewed my faith in cannabis as a healing herb. It also made me consider that I must be growing some seriously potent cannabis. Lol!

Sue.. below 200 F absolutely nothing electro-chemical can occur. There is a minimum activation 'temperature'it really a minimum activation energy level. Meaning you can break COOH bond with heated air/..as shown in chart, 200-290 F/ or add energy another way.. chemically with lye as abase. But I'm not doing anything like that.. or you can run electrical current through weed ina fluid. Electrode contact fluid hook up car battery and '''plate it off'. But I'm not doing that either.
We just need to process the weed into,its final form and make sure isn't overheated ever, and is heated ''righteously ''in the processing.

Watching the decarb bubbles as I test the pressure cooker oils has me thinking about the sheer quantity of cannabinoids, and how we only look at THC and CBD, for the most part. There's so much more going on that we haven't uncovered yet. The wonders that lie ahead........

Thank you, by the way, for sharing that. :hug: You always make me look at things from a different perspective.

Hey, can you explain to me why the decarb bubbles are such different sizes? I note three - very large, medium-sized, and small, champagne-like bubbles. They're distinct from each other enough that I keep wondering if they're released by different cannabinoids, but that sounds crazy inside my head. :laughtwo:

Different sized bubbles..

Sue this one is tough since I've seen the entir bubbilatiin process,as well. It's fascinating to watch. And when it's over. The oils ready..lol
So why little ones. Huge ass ones. And the 'co2' looking bubbles.indicating 'decarb'.. recall once we are cooking CCO, oil down , or oil in carrier. Here what's going on...

First , ethanol boils off at 165-172 f.. so if you have that the ethanol boiling keeps the CCO material at 165-172 inside of a vessel , surrounded by 230 oil//and abarrier of the vessels' glass walls. Off goes the ethanol. So we converted liquid directly to gas. Gas floats away fast 1000Ft /second hydrogen. Rest slower/they weigh more//
The bubble is the working liquid becoming the ballon as the escaping gas becomes the fill line fuel. Result a bubble.
Size of bubble, not the molecule.. i thought it might be.. but no you can tell escaping oxygen/ethanol –also COHO related.there is no ethanol atoms../and you can see Co2 from another. So,why are bubbles changing then.. we see it.. well two,things at play in bulbble formation. The rate of gas production ..ok.. and the viscosity of the remaining working fluid. The oil is thin then thicker, then sweetly ready. The bubble change as the viscosity changes. And when all,the 'not thc/not Cbd/not what ever else was there all only the not anything but CCO exists....there ain't much viscosity to make any bubbles..

No opinions are expressed herein. Solely physics..

And here is characters so I,don't get error message

Oh yeah......partial pressure of the gases.. look,up,Boyle’s law of gases. Each gases, oxygen, hydrogen, water (vapor..aka steam.) has a partial pressure when released individually. The amount of each gases does come from the COOH bond breaking. So you,get 2 oxygens or you get CO2 gas/statiscally/meaning we don’t exactly know which but we get both kinds of gas unless we ca;’n control,the ordering of the molecule. Think magnets/electric fields in addition..and I’m not getting into,that to make medicine either.. sue t;he electro process I describe, are the process that create compound isolate medicine. Imho compound isolate medicine should be given to the devil and his minions solely. I won’t expose the girls to,it.. Pfizer will/NIH has patents on this// fda approves// I would have any part of any elector-phloresis of MMJ into the isolates. I will strip every single canaboid off the leaf and consume it..

Research begins...

Brownie mix Ghirlandaio..yum.
Brownie cookie bar..krustez..Americana..

350 one

325 other.

Internal temp profile ..unknown.

Insert pics..oh...brb

pictures of brow]nice cook time.ingredients.cook variation.
C6810B4D-5870-4960-A909-4E274AEFA6C5.jpeg
0F99407C-660A-4A92-9C3C-E5D5444F210D.jpeg

In a cast iron skillet..
The olive oil n butter is sizzling at 290 f. On a 325 piece or black iron..
Drop in onions n peppers.whole thing goes to 1/2 temp at food surface..so 165 realfast//30 seconds//
Pan recovers/food stays 1/2 increase or reduce burner ..to taste..lol

You can’t destry or decarb in a fry pan.. but you can extract every single drop of trichomes off those leaves in one cook. Especially good idea for fresh harvest, imho.. not sure about store bought direct to eggs n onions thou.. mine dried weed oh yeah..

More oven /brownie//later,

‘I Cook with ethanol, red wine/sake/beer sometimes I put some in the food preparation.” Reciepes enroute..lol

Back
Top Bottom