Hmmm....need to make room for a 2 x 2 somehow for a veg tent and use my 2 x 4 for flower. :cheesygrinsmiley: We just need to move...or get rid of the washer and dryer! lol

I use 2x2 tents myself. I find them much easier to manage than my 4x4, once I got used to the limited space. I haven't moved as I added more tents (I now have 3 :laughtwo:) but rather eliminated "unnecessary" possessions that were using the space I needed for tents. Lol!

Soon I'll be down to a place to sleep and a place to write, with the rest of the apartment devoted to gardening. :green_heart:

:thumb:lecithin will make it thicker impeding it's absobtion, I think the key to this oil is it's ability to penetrate and be absorbed. I have nearly the same oil with pumpkin infused oil and a couple drops of Manuka tree oil for anti fungal and antiviral activity. It sure works well:Namaste:

I agree. It will "gum" up the ball for sure. Straight oil for best absorption. I saw pumpkin seed oil at Wegman's yesterday. I may pick some up to infuse the CBD Critical Mass with. :circle-of-love::peace:

Does anyone have any experience with the cbd oil tinctures produced by purekana or triniti? Any help would be much appreciated. .

I have none, but possibly others have.

Lady Gaea, you asked earlier about CBD in topicals. The professionals don't use CBD in the pain creams because their patients expressed a marked preference for the pain-relief offered with THC. As a compromise they've gone to using THCa in the mix instead. THCa will positively effect inflammation in the way CBD does, but you have to be careful with storage. THCa is an unstable molecule, aggressively looking for opportunity to convert to THC.

The ratio I heard that works wonders is 60% THC, 40% THCa with a minor drop of CBD to potentiate the THC.

Lady Gaea, you asked earlier about CBD in topicals. The professionals don't use CBD in the pain creams because their patients expressed a marked preference for the pain-relief offered with THC. As a compromise they've gone to using THCa in the mix instead. THCa will positively effect inflammation in the way CBD does, but you have to be careful with storage. THCa is an unstable molecule, aggressively looking for opportunity to convert to THC.

The ratio I heard that works wonders is 60% THC, 40% THCa with a minor drop of CBD to potentiate the THC.

So what do you think Sue? Should I infuse some oil with my CBDCM and then add a small amount to the Trim oil? :hmmmm::circle-of-love::peace:

OK...So to obtain the THCa would I use the no-heat setting on my MB2 without de-carbing first? I like the notion of tackling the pain and the inflammation at the same time with a salve. I need something I can use at work as long as I don't smell like Cheech on a good day! :rofl: Some nice essential oils should do the trick of masking the eau de skunk! Thanks so much Sue! Appreciate the knowledge!

FWIW. I just dropped a bottle of oil off for my friend wit MS. She has had a headache all day. She rubbed the oil on her temples, forehead and the back of her neck. With in 2 minutes her headache was going away. :circle-of-love::peace:

That's worth a lot Dave. :hug:

OK...So to obtain the THCa would I use the no-heat setting on my MB2 without de-carbing first? I like the notion of tackling the pain and the inflammation at the same time with a salve. I need something I can use at work as long as I don't smell like Cheech on a good day! :rofl: Some nice essential oils should do the trick of masking the eau de skunk! Thanks so much Sue! Appreciate the knowledge!

That's what I'm considering Lady Gaea, but I think this batch I'll do high THC. I already have 200 grams of trim decarbed, and the 11 gram bag of frozen popcorn and sugar leaves is in the oven now.

IMG_711210.JPG

IMG_711311.JPG

I was thinking about using the popcorn without decarb to add in the THCa, but I'd have been better off using the popcorn decarbed and the trim undecarbed, given the difference in essential oil concentrations. I'll remember that for the next time. I think it might be smarter therapeutically to treat inflammation from within with a capsule regimen and treat pain and skin healing with the cream, but that's just my personal opinion.

You'll want to choose the 160 degree F setting on the MB2. The heat is instrumental in dislodging the trichomes. It's just not enough heat to decarb without taking a week or longer. :laughtwo: Anything longer than four hours in the MB2 sounds like a good choice.

I was one of the people experimenting with DMSO. I did not use it for extraction. I took it orally and added it to some of my creams. I stopped using it because the biggest side effect with the body odor associated with it's use. It was offensive enough (and no way to cover it up) that people at work were complaining. I am not sure I used it long enough to see all the benefits. Hope this helps. :circle-of-love::peace:
Indeed. DMSO is not for the recreational user. :thedoubletake: It's something people in pain resort to when all else has failed.

But the associated odour is of little consequence to my targetted group—those treating cancer or chronic pain. The odour soon fades away once they stop taking it, so knowing the benefit DMSO brings, they wear its perfume like a badge of honour. :eyebrowsmile:

Besides, not everyone gets told they carry an aroma of garlic or sour milk; some report being compared to popcorn. :popcorn:

That's what I'm considering Lady Gaea, but I think this batch I'll do high THC. I already have 200 grams of trim decarbed, and the 11 gram bag of frozen popcorn and sugar leaves is in the oven now.

IMG_711210.JPG

IMG_711311.JPG

I was thinking about using the popcorn without decarb to add in the THCa, but I'd have been better off using the popcorn decarbed and the trim undecarbed, given the difference in essential oil concentrations. I'll remember that for the next time. I think it might be smarter therapeutically to treat inflammation from within with a capsule regimen and treat pain and skin healing with the cream, but that's just my personal opinion.

You'll want to choose the 160 degree F setting on the MB2. The heat is instrumental in dislodging the trichomes. It's just not enough heat to decarb without taking a week or longer. :laughtwo: Anything longer than four hours in the MB2 sounds like a good choice.

Cool. Thanks Sue! I have a ton of capsules. I like the one two approach idea for pain and inflammation with capsules and cream. The vape I'll keep for my stay at home and play time. :love:

You'll all get a kick out of this. It's 19 degrees outside, but feels 9. I'm standing in my cozy and warm kitchen, a half-mile from the nearest store, by foot. I just discovered I'm 1/2 cup short of the grape seed oil needed for the batch I was in the middle of doing. I knew I had another bottle. :laughtwo:

I'm considering dressing in layers and heading out into the chill for more oil, and since I'll be so close, why not swing through Bed, Bath, and Beyond for another clip fan for the new tent I bought myself for Christmas?

Are we nuts, or what? Yeah... I'll probably talk myself into waiting for morning and have a nice cup of hot chocolate tonight. I have an interview with Mechoulam to finish up. This could be the night. :laughtwo:

IMG_711410.JPG

I went with hot chocolate. :cheesygrinsmiley:

We already know that the MB2 requires a minimum of 2 cups of extraction liquid to work properly. I've also discovered that around 100 grams of trim, decarbed and broken up fine, is the maximum amount of plant material you'd be able to use and expect decent results.

This batch is 96 grams of popcorn, sugar leaves, and fan leaves. Add the 32 oz of grape seed oil and it's at the comfort level.

IMG_71159.JPG

I also have a batch in a mason jar that I'll be cooking in the oven tomorrow when I add the additional 1/2 cup I'm short. This one is 60 grams of trim, to which I'll be adding 20 oz of grape seed oil. I'll be doing another batch like this for coconut oil for my facial skin care, but first I need to buy more coconut oil. :laughtwo: I used it all up making brownies. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_71168.JPG

FWIW. I just dropped a bottle of oil off for my friend wit MS. She has had a headache all day.
Is your friend or her doctor aware of the surprising results some MS sufferers are finding with LDN medication, Dave Groomer? It's a welcome and unforeseen off-label use of Naltrexone, though it can't be combined with opiate medication (certainly not slow release opiate, anyway). Google is again the best resource.

LDN Helped Vicki Recover from Debilitating MS Symptoms | LDNscience
The Low Dose Naltrexone Homepage

So what do you think Sue? Should I infuse some oil with my CBDCM and then add a small amount to the Trim oil? :hmmmm::circle-of-love::peace:

Hmmmm..... That sounds like a good idea Dave. It'll give you the best of both worlds. Cajun told us on more than one occassion to mix the strains to get a better healing oil, and in this case you'd get a well-rounded cannabinoid load.

You'd get the same kind of results, with the potential for some better synergy, if you decarb the plant material for the main component and then infuse at a low heat with the addition of the CBDCM material, undecarbed. Either way should work fine, don't you think?

It's a busy day in SweetSue's kitchen. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

IMG_71387.JPG

IMG_713912.JPG

I was one of the people experimenting with DMSO. I did not use it for extraction. I took it orally and added it to some of my creams. I stopped using it because the biggest side effect with the body odor associated with it's use. It was offensive enough (and no way to cover it up) that people at work were complaining. I am not sure I used it long enough to see all the benefits. Hope this helps. :circle-of-love::peace:

I did a bit of reading to find out what DMSO was and it is a sulfur concoction that could cause reactions in people allergic to Sulfur if taken internally. I would not use it topically, either, since there is some debate as to its safety for some individuals.

PS: I may have misinterpreted what I read, so please, do the research before adding it to your salves or take orally.

Back
Top Bottom