I've got both grape seed oil and pumpkin seed oil, based on what Magnus had written about them. Perhaps a mix? GSO for fan leaves and PSO for bud? And I'm thinking peppermint essential oil for pain and masking smell, what do you think?
Cheers from the darkside

I just finished my second batch of oil and it was a 50/50 blend of pumpkin and grapeseed. It soaks in very quickly and is not greasy at all. However, it doesn't really spread well beyond where you apply it, so if you like to move it around while you rub it in, I would add fractionated coconut oil a bit at a time once it's done, until you get a consistency you like. At the office I use just the 50/50, but at home I blended in the fractionated coconut oil to about 36/36/28.

I just finished my second batch of oil and it was a 50/50 blend of pumpkin and grapeseed. It soaks in very quickly and is not greasy at all. However, it doesn't really spread well beyond where you apply it, so if you like to move it around while you rub it in, I would add fractionated coconut oil a bit at a time once it's done, until you get a consistency you like. At the office I use just the 50/50, but at home I blended in the fractionated coconut oil to about 36/36/28.
Thanks for the advice!

Hmmm... I haven't played with pumpkin seed oil or fractionated coconut oil. You're tempting me. Lol! I'm ready to order some soy wax too, and try Dave's updated pain cream recipe.

I emptied the deodorant and lip gloss containers and melted it all down. Then I called the daughter over so her sensitive nose could tell when I hit the sweet spot where it didn't smell so much like cannabis but also didn't overpower with lavender. I hit it so well she raised her eyebrows in appreciation. :laughtwo:

Good luck with your batch greatwolf. I'm really impressed with mine. It keeps surprising me. Use it proactively.

Did you guys know that cannabinoids are sun protection? The creams we make for pain relief can shield the skin as well.

Next batch I'll try lavender and mint. I have people waiting for this batch.

Only 8 more to go! I'm sure you can think of things to say :)

Absolutely, I still have many questions. I'm not sure which ones belong on this thread. I realize I am talking about rosin, not oil. And I'm going to continue to do so. Therefore I have to ask if this is the right place to continue posting or if I should move over to the rosin thread? I've also been over to the lotion study hall and found it most informative.

That's a great question..... Can you convert resin or concentrate back into and oil for use in capsules Etc?

Absolutely, I still have many questions. I'm not sure which ones belong on this thread. I realize I am talking about rosin, not oil. And I'm going to continue to do so. Therefore I have to ask if this is the right place to continue posting or if I should move over to the rosin thread? I've also been over to the lotion study hall and found it most informative.

Rosin is oil in a more solid form. This study hall is a brainstorming area for all things related to cannabinoid therapies. Feel free to continue posting here, but please, don't feel you need to limit the conversation to here.

Too late to edit ^^^ Ive also melted cbd crystals into edible oils.

I really like the idea of CBD crystals. That would make life so much easier. Lol! I'm learning more and more every class I study about the potential in a therapy built exclusively around high CBD. It's been a transformative journey. I don't have access to legal products yet, but when I do you can be sure I'll start experimenting.

Hi Sue - is hemp based CBD legal where you are?

In the US any cannabis or hemp product is illegal. It gets trafficked a lot because the cat won't get back into the bag, but it's all illegal marketing. This means you can't really trust that they're telling you truthfully what's in the product your forking out big money for.

In legal states these products are available. In Pennsylvania we have a legal policy with no hardware or inventory in place yet to back it up. We're in limbo. I believe the official program is oil only. I don't know what their stance is on topicals or CBD products, but I'm certain we won't see anything like what's available in Colorado and California, for example, until the plant comes off the Schedule.

We won't be registering with the state for a card. The daughter sees no reason to go to substandard medical oversight and medicine just to be legal. The yearly fee just so some lackey doctor can stamp a card is a bit off putting. I don't care to support a system so deficient from the get-go.

CBD is still legal in all 50 states afaik. I plan on adding some crystals I have when I make some daytime caps from the Tangerine Dream shortly.

Cheers from the darkside

CBD is on the Schedule. States are exercising their rights, but the federal government considers it illegal. Or has there been a change I'm unaware of? I tend to be myopic and don't pay close attention to the circus in Washington.

CBD is on the Schedule. States are exercising their rights, but the federal government considers it illegal. Or has there been a change I'm unaware of? I tend to be myopic and don't pay close attention to the circus in Washington.
CBD has never been on the schedule; that's why I posted the names of 2 companies I regularly order from.

Bask to the darkside

CBD - and CBDa - is even legal here in Britain; often imported from America, I might add! The only thing is, here, you aren't allowed to grow it for yourself; or at least, not without a license - it mostly has to be imported, or the raw materials do; utterly ridiculous! One day Customs and Excise will realise how much taxable income is going to Europe and America and the law will change...

It does make sense to buy in CBD, though - the high-yielding cultivars are hard to get hold of, jealously guarded by their creators, whereas high-yielding THC strains are really surprisingly easy to get, aren't they! I was amazed that the seed can be bought and sold here - just not legally germinated! But anyway, for a stealth grow, you would be looking at three times the number of plants you would need for an equivalent amount of THC, so 3 times the heat, light and chance of discovery, all for something you could obtain legally anyway, though at a price.

I would be really surprised if this is illegal in America - you are so far ahead of Britain, and as I say, it isn't illegal here.

CBD is still legal in all 50 states afaik. I plan on adding some crystals I have when I make some daytime caps from the Tangerine Dream shortly.

Cheers from the darkside
Let me clarify here:

CBD products derived from hemp are legal. CBD was never added to the schedule.

But CBD plants are a controlled substance according to the feds. A distinction with a big difference. I can legally order CBD crystals (100% pure) or tincture or many other products, all derived from industrial grown hemp (the good stuff is CO2 extracted). And virtually all of this hemp is European grown. But the feds still say that a plant with high CBD and virtually no THC is illegal, because of its heritage. Believe it or not. Discrimination isn't limited to people...

Cheers from the darkside

Thank you greatwolf. That was perfectly clear.

In our world, where we pay more attention to the biological science than the monetary potential, it's clear that whole plant extractions with some THC are a superior medicine for many purposes. THC potentiates CBD in the same way CBD returns the favor. Prohibition....... *sigh*

I'll have to look into what access I'd have to CBD products. To be honest, it's been a while since I went virtually shopping.

Back
Top Bottom