Yea ill be trying my first batch of biobombs with organic coconut oil 2morow. Also guys if i made some infused cooking oil with my mb2 and I added in the lecithin after i had it made and sitting out for a day or 2 but then after i added the lecithin i forgot to put it in the fridge so im wondering is it good any more??

Two ways to take this... is it good any more as in not spoiled? Still fine. Storage in a dark cool place is best if you prefer room temp over fridge.

Is it good any more as in has the lecithin done its encapsulation thing? I'm not sure what the overnight in the fridge actually does. It might speed it up. Your oil is 100% useable so no worries there. It may or may not have reduced bioavailability but there's no way to measure that.

Lecithin is good food :)

Two ways to take this... is it good any more as in not spoiled? Still fine. Storage in a dark cool place is best if you prefer room temp over fridge.

Is it good any more as in has the lecithin done its encapsulation thing? I'm not sure what the overnight in the fridge actually does. It might speed it up. Your oil is 100% useable so no worries there. It may or may not have reduced bioavailability but there's no way to measure that.

Lecithin is good food :)
Yea i used it to make breakfast hash and eggs and bacon topped with cheese n i can feel kinda tired but I did jus take 3 dab rips so idk lol.

I cannot see that being an issue, oils sit at room temperature on a regular basis without going Rancid. I know it's ideal to keep your oil refrigerated, but I can't see 48 Hours playing a huge part in it prematurely going bad.

Pure oil may not go rancid at room temp, but once you add plant matter to it, all kinds of microorganisms can grow in it without proper storage. I had a whole batch of cannabudder grow green mold on the inside of the jar. It was stored in the fridge instead of the freezer. I concede that butter is not a pure oil, but contains milk protein and will spoil if not kept frozen.

I should also mention that in the past month, we've had two edibles shops closed down and their licenses revoked for selling untested edibles. Upon testing, the products were found to contain mold.

Obviously, I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but I don't take anything for granted. My capsules, which DO contain unstrained cannabis matter, will spoil if not kept frozen.

:Namaste:

Is it good any more as in not spoiled? Still fine. Storage in a dark cool place is best if you prefer room temp over fridge.

I want to clarify this option is fine for short term storage only. Max 7 days to be sure /safe.

Yea ill be trying my first batch of biobombs with organic coconut oil 2morow. Also guys if i made some infused cooking oil with my mb2 and I added in the lecithin after i had it made and sitting out for a day or 2 but then after i added the lecithin i forgot to put it in the fridge so im wondering is it good any more??

It won't be spoiled but the lecithin may have settled out and need to mixed back in. The 24 hours in fridge slows everything down so the lecithin and cannabis oil bond before it settles out. So just mix it well and pop it in fridge and all will be good.

So Rabbi, if the oils were already made and blaze added lecithin to it, then capsuled it and refrigerated them........(I'm assuming that this was the order), would they need to shake each capsule? If it's in there, it's all good, correct?

So Rabbi, if the oils were already made and blaze added lecithin to it, then capsuled it and refrigerated them........(I'm assuming that this was the order), would they need to shake each capsule? If it's in there, it's all good, correct?

Ive never seen a recommendation to shake a capsule. I too think that once its in there its good.

I do shake my little bottles before I use the dropper. I use course filtration so there are particles in the solution that will settle with time and gravity. I want to mix things together before use.

They really need to be mixed and bonded before going in the capsules. Shaking a capsule that's separated won't mix it back up. I've tried. I even tried opening capsule and stirring with toothpick. had to empty capsules back into bowl and start mixing/refrigerating all over.

To get lecithin-CCO to bond it takes really vigorous mixing that can only be done in larger container. So the order should be: 1) mix 10 minutes, 2) refrigerate 24 hours, 3) check for separation (if so, back to step 1, I've had to do this up to 3 times), 4) fill capsules.

Like OldBear said, once it's properly mixed and bonded I've never had problem with separation in the capsule. Only time it happened is when I got impatient.

I cant imagine an impatient Rabbi....although, come to think.....youre my 1st Rabbi! Don't spoil my perception lol.....

Seriously though KR, behind the scenes you have been incredible and an inspiration..... Thank you for that.

Pure oil may not go rancid at room temp, but once you add plant matter to it, all kinds of microorganisms can grow in it without proper storage. I had a whole batch of cannabudder grow green mold on the inside of the jar. It was stored in the fridge instead of the freezer. I concede that butter is not a pure oil, but contains milk protein and will spoil if not kept frozen.

I should also mention that in the past month, we've had two edibles shops closed down and their licenses revoked for selling untested edibles. Upon testing, the products were found to contain mold.

Obviously, I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but I don't take anything for granted. My capsules, which DO contain unstrained cannabis matter, will spoil if not kept frozen.

:Namaste:

If you want to use butter, I recommend Ghee. The milk solids are removed and it has a higher smoking point than butter. As a result it is better than butter to sauté with. I agree with you AKG...Any time you add any plant matter to oil, you diminish shelf life and risk mold. It is best making in small batches and more frequently. Many folks that can't tolerate butter because they are lactose intolerant are fine with Ghee. It contains no lactose. If you can't tolerate the milk due to the protein (casein), you will need to use another oil. There are just some items that you really want to use butter with...like cookies... and I love it with asparagus or sauteed spinach. Why not throw some cannabis ghee on veggies? A splash of garlic and lemon juice make it a great way to get your cannabis and veggies at the same time! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi, I extremely sensitive to all psychoactive and have yet to put the lecithin into my barely cooked oils. I am treating many things and attempting to build a tolerance...it is slow going. I cannot ingest, but make the capsules for suppository, use vaginally as well as under my tongue...then spit and rinse mouth. I use critical mass cbd...and still get sent for a loop. Just a bit worried about adding the lecithin, and worried about not adding it.....

Hi, I extremely sensitive to all psychoactive and have yet to put the lecithin into my barely cooked oils. I am treating many things and attempting to build a tolerance...it is slow going. I cannot ingest, but make the capsules for suppository, use vaginally as well as under my tongue...then spit and rinse mouth. I use critical mass cbd...and still get sent for a loop. Just a bit worried about adding the lecithin, and worried about not adding it.....

Wow! You have a mystery to work through, don't you? Take a breath. It'll be ok.

:welcome: Canary. :hug::hug::hug: Some thoughts right off the top of my head: CBD Critical Mass is 1:1 THC:CBD. For many people that translates into a really strong euphoric experience. The CBD potentiates the THC much more in a balanced ratio than with more CBD in the mix. If you're that sensitive to euphoria I'd suggest increasing the CBD value of your oil, if that's a possibility. To tamp the euphoric effects of THC taken orally you'll need a ratio of 4:1 or 5:1 CBD:THC.

Is there a reason you're taking the suppositories vaginally instead of anally? I believe it may be easier to control euphoria anally.

Good on ya with the sublingual dosing. That's trickier to pull off than you'd think, eh? May I ask, what doses are you taking, and how often are they scheduled? We have a strong preference for 4-5 doses a day, a schedule that's also more adaptable to micro-dosing.

And a hearty welcome to our virtual paradise. Glad you found us. As to the lecithin..... The purpose of using it is to increase bioavailability by improving absorbtion. This means you can use less oil for the same, if not better results. What's not to love about that? Good oil doesn't come cheap, even if you grow it yourself. I'd recommend using it and take the time to find the optimal therapeutic dose with that formulation.

Thank you sue for the reply. That is most helpful, I will get some seeds that are higher in cbd than thc. My fear is that I am not getting enough cbd to send the cancer cells packing. Everything that I have read to this point seems to speak to the importance of thc in the dosing. I am targeting cervical/ovarian cells and plan on having them release the hold they have had on me since I was 23 years old. I am now 61. I have tried to come at my healing naturally. I am also an x athlete with a great deal of titanium holding bones together. Considerable pain issues. I work a large ranch daily and continue to work hard..too hard, but the choice to slow down is not there yet.
I don't know my exact dose but I blend fresh bud and leaf then put pil to barely cover it, heat oil for about two-4 hours at a low temp...it does not de carb from what I can tell...no bubbles. i dose suppositories capsules, 4 times day and use the other methods 4 or so times day as well. I have to eat a great deal of food , not a problem...just takes time and then can use a dose. When I have enough product, I also mix leaves with water and drink. Who ever said there is no psychoactive ingredients in small veg leaves is very wrong! Thank you again for the information, I have enjoyed reading here for the last few months and just knew I was missing something. Now I will look into some other strains.

:welcome: Hi, Canary!

Ditto on what Sue said about rectal vs. vaginal suppositories. I can't speak from experience on the latter, but I recall Sue reporting having an extreme experience when she tried it about a year ago. I can speak about the former though, very little euphoria from rectal suppositories, but be sure to add the lecithin. It at lease doubles the absorption and bioavailability.

Thank you rabbi. My issue w rectal is that my system immediately rejects it in a few ways. Within minutes I will have anal burning, gas, and immediate need to void. I also develope a burned rash. I have changed to the veg I capsules which cuts the symptoms in half..and I do try to medicate this way. My next move wil be to order molds so I don't use any capsule and hopefully I will have success.

The reason to use vaginal dosing is to find a way to get healing directly to problem.

Thank you sue for the reply. That is most helpful, I will get some seeds that are higher in cbd than thc. My fear is that I am not getting enough cbd to send the cancer cells packing. Everything that I have read to this point seems to speak to the importance of thc in the dosing. I am targeting cervical/ovarian cells and plan on having them release the hold they have had on me since I was 23 years old. I am now 61. I have tried to come at my healing naturally. I am also an x athlete with a great deal of titanium holding bones together. Considerable pain issues. I work a large ranch daily and continue to work hard..too hard, but the choice to slow down is not there yet.
I don't know my exact dose but I blend fresh bud and leaf then put pil to barely cover it, heat oil for about two-4 hours at a low temp...it does not de carb from what I can tell...no bubbles. i dose suppositories capsules, 4 times day and use the other methods 4 or so times day as well. I have to eat a great deal of food , not a problem...just takes time and then can use a dose. When I have enough product, I also mix leaves with water and drink. Who ever said there is no psychoactive ingredients in small veg leaves is very wrong! Thank you again for the information, I have enjoyed reading here for the last few months and just knew I was missing something. Now I will look into some other strains.

Hi Canary,

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I am fairly new myself; just one month in. I originally came here to find an alternative to rick simpson oil (cannabis oil). It gave me terrible gastrointestinal distress. Now I'm taking rosin and planning to make cream. I've been doing a lot of reading on my own on the forums. There is so much information here.

More importantly I have found a community of people who are seeking and finding answers while being the most caring, helpful people I have ever met. All I have done since the day I got here is ask one question after another and I've received clear, thorough answers and a heavy dose of kindness.

After reading your post here I was struck by some things that you said. One is that you felt some euphoria from just drinking water infused with plant leaves. I have read that there is a tiny bit of THC even in raw plants, so it's not a surprise. And it sounds like you are highly sensitive. I might have the same reaction since I'm so sensitive. You also mentioned you dose sub-lingually. I've been hesitant to try it because I didn't want it to go down my throat. But I noticed you said you rinse and spit after words. I'm hoping cream with suffice but this is good to know about.

I also noticed you work on a ranch. This is off topic but of great interest to me. I've always been interested in living a lifestyle where exercise was an integral part of my daily routine, instead of having to carve out a time to exercise. A ranch is one of my first choices. I just thought I would share that with you. There is a lot more to the story; but I will leave it at that for now.

I hope to see you posting again soon. And welcome again.

Kelly

From what you've shared I'd think your best bet would be to increase the CBD until it doesn't effect you euphorically to the point that you feel uncomfortable. Even CBD will lend a sense of well-being, despite its reputation for being non-euphoric, but it modulates THC enough in higher concentrations that most don't feel euphoric beyond well-being. Good job on the dosing schedule Canary. :high-five: Get those cannabinoids in by a variety of administrative pathways.

Are you using a topical for pain? If so, I'd suggest you use it proactively. They make decent sunscreen and can be a godsend when applied liberally before you get the muscles all overworked. Apply some to the pad of skin at the top of your back (we identified it as the Dorsal Medial Radii - a lot of words for a significant patch of skin). It'll do wonders to keep headaches at bay and will elevate the mood as well as be effective for all those aches at the end of the day. We have no idea what other wonders applying to that pad will generate. These that we know of are enough to suggest the liberal use of a cannabis topical.

You're using fresh bud and leaf? That sounds like a variation on fresh harvest oil (FHO). I just made a batch today. Before it decarbs the water needs to be boiled out of the plant matter. I don't understand....was the lack of decarb intentional?

Does anyone here have any experience treating dementia patients with agitation issues? My dad has been getting very agitated and physically lashing out at the caregivers where he lives now when ever they try to clean him up or give him a shower. I've got two cultivars I can make oil from immediately, one is a 50/50 sativa/indica and one is 85/15 indica dominant. Neither are considered CBD strains but I do have hemp-based CBD oil at home I can blend in.

I'm waiting to talk to his doctor because the place can't give him anything without his approval.

Does anyone here have any experience treating dementia patients with agitation issues? My dad has been getting very agitated and physically lashing out at the caregivers where he lives now when ever they try to clean him up or give him a shower. I've got two cultivars I can make oil from immediately, one is a 50/50 sativa/indica and one is 85/15 indica dominant. Neither are considered CBD strains but I do have hemp-based CBD oil at home I can blend in.

My dad had the same (passed 15 years ago) and it was rough. If I had the chance to give him something it would definitely be a THC dose rather than CBD. Hang in there.

I'm waiting to talk to his doctor because the place can't give him anything without his approval.

"Dad I brought your favorite brownines"

Had a wonderful time in the kitchen today. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

200 grams of freshly-harvested CBD Critical Cure blended into 250 ml of EVOO.

IMG_87666.JPG

IMG_87694.JPG

IMG_87727.JPG
IMG_87766.JPG

In the end I got 150 ml of infused oil. That's more than enough for the daughter's needs. I couldn't squeeze any more out, and I was uncomfortable with leaving 100 ml of oil locked up in the mash, so I filled some capsules. The daughter can take the oil capsules, and I can take the mash ones. My next rainforest order will include a spoon for filling capsules.

I got a week's supply done the creative way. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_87886.JPG

Aaaaand....I just calculated and realized that on my daughter's current dose this won't keep her until the next harvest unless she takes the mash capsules too. *sigh*.

Keeping ahead of demand was a challenge when it was just me I was growing for. I can see it's time to sit down and rethink the schedule and the use of space. Hmmmm...... She's my number one priority.

I don't think that's an honest assessment. I'm my number one priority, but my goal is that she not run out, so it's time to look at the way I grow and adjust to meet those needs. As long as I have Carnival I'm happy. I'm getting good at growing Carnival. A couple more cycles and I'll have this in hand. There are two CBD Critical Cures getting ready for bloom. That should set things right in 2-3 months.

We make this look easy, don't we? Three years in, I'm still learning to keep at least one step ahead. Things always work out.

Back
Top Bottom