I've been smearing a small bit of CCO onto the patches for the past week? I started doing this when I started the sensitization protocol, so that'd be since Tuesday. It's healing. It's almost magical to watch. From the first application pain was gone. I take a moment before bed every night to reapply. Just a light smear.

image13218.jpeg

That dark spot you see in the center is a dollop of CCO.

We have a member seeking advice on treating her father. This may be a palliative care issue, but I'm not versed in this yet, so anyone with any experience is encouraged to jump in with your thoughts. I need to run errands and won't be back until much later. Thanks in advance for any input.

Hi, SweetSue!

I was directed to you by Cajun after I posted on one of his Posts, so to save some time I am just going to copy and paste what I already posted....I hope you don't mind.:love:

Exclamation Re: A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer
Hi, all!

I'm new here, but I have spent the last week putting in countless hours reading everything I can here, hoping to find the answers to my specific situation, to no avail. I have made it to page 30 on this post in particular, hoping I had the time to get all the way through it without having to bother anybody, especially Cajuncelt and SweetSue because I see the 2 of you are VERY VERY busy, but I am absolutely running out of time and I desperately need some specific advise to help save my father's life!

I will try to keep this as short as I can:
My dad is 81 years old and was diagnosed with stage 4 "inoperable and terminal" esophageal cancer 3 weeks ago. He was told he also has a "small spot" on his lung and another "small spot" on his liver. He has gone from a healthy 160 lbs (a few months ago) and as of today, he is 118lbs. They inserted a feeding tube in his belly about 10 days ago. He has only lost MORE weight since then. After the doctors told him there was nothing they could do for him, they sent him home (I'm assuming to die). He is too weak to walk and can barely stand. He literally looks like a Holocaust victim...I have NEVER seen anybody so skinny and still alive! It is almost impossible to look at him...breaks my heart! He has had NO chemo or radiation. He cannot even swallow his own saliva...it just puddles in the back of his throat and he is constantly gurgling and spitting it up all day and night.

I am SO concerned about how fast he is wasting away! Does anybody have any great advise on what I could juice for him, that would start putting some weight back on his tiny frail body?? I NEED a great recipe for him so badly!! They way it is going, I wouldn't be surprised if he only has days to live....I am so terrified the answers and help I need are going to come too late!!! Please, I need to put something in that feeding tube that will make him feel better and start nourishing him properly!!! I beg of you all...

He did a REALLY good job of hiding from me since sometime in February and lying to me since then, as well. I had NO idea he was sick and how terrible he was doing. You see, he has had TERRIBLE spinal bone spurs his whole life and he blamed his absence and constant time laying in bed on that, so none of us thought too much of it because it has hindered him pretty badly for many years.

Anyway, as soon as I found out about the cancer diagnosis, I told him that he should not let the Doctors talk him into Chemo or even radiation because, once I saw just how thin and weak he was, I knew it would kill him faster than any cancer would! I then told him I wanted to try to treat him with Cannabis Oil and I had to do NO convincing him with that. Even though he has never even smoked a joint in his life, he was absolutely open minded and open to going this course!

Since then, I have been spending all my time outside of work, reading and researching and I learned about Rick Simpson and all that. Thing is, the more I read, the more I realised I couldn't just feed him CCO and assume it would bring him back from the brink like it did for good 'ol Stan Rutner. I can only assume he lucked out with how well and fast it worked for him. So many blurry details in all this and of course it's making my head spin. I am exhausting myself trying to find the right answer to save my dad specifically, and all I'm doing is adding to the questions with all the variables....I'm feeling more and more like a failure every day. My dad has always been the absolute BEST father a girl could ever ask for. He always made sure he had time for me and taught me much much more than most fathers teach their daughters. He always made me feel loved and with him around I always knew I was safe. He made me his number 1 priority and gave me more love and knowledge than I could've hoped for. He is the reason I grew into a strong, confident, and fiercely independent woman and I am thankful everyday for having him. Even though I am now 38 years old, I am still my daddy's girl and I need to do everything I can to try to save him...and if I can't save him, I have to AT LEAST help him leave this world with some dignity and pain free. I am his only hope, only light at the end of this awful tunnel known as terminal cancer, and it's time for me to give him the same love and attention he always gave me.

Now, I am begging you (specifically YOU, cajuncelt...because it is obvious to me that you are THE MAN!!!) I know that you are EXTREMELY BUSY and probably have people beating down your door for help and advise and ANY amount of your time is EXTREMELY valuable!! I beg of you, and ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE who can advise me on my specific problem......PLEASE, PLEASE HELP ME SAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL MAN I'VE EVER KNOWN!

So much love and respect for what you all are doing everyday to help people, Thank you so much!!!

Tanja

A note for Tanja, when she shows up:

Yes I'm busy. I'm never too busy to be stopped and asked anything. It's a big part of why I'm here. I may not have your answer, but I'll move heaven and earth to try to find someone who does.

I will check my PM in a sec but before I forget, I have a couple questions for you:
1. In you opinion, or experience, do you think it is better to "break the buds apart" at least a bit BEFORE you pour the Everclear on them? I haven't seen or read about anybody doing that, but in my mind, I would think that would be better somehow...Please correct me if I am going in the wrong direction.
2. I managed to acquire 1/8 ounce of some medicinal cannabis tonight. I suppose that is too small of an amount to even ATTEMPT a first trial run on making even a tiny amount of CCO? I just wanted to try a small amount to get my feet wet and go through the motions, and if I screw it up some how, I wouldn't be out a ton of money. I wanted to do this before I go all in with medicinal grade from a dispensary and have sunk hundreds of dollars into it. I feel pretty confident, I can do it without botching it, but I just like to play things safe and I absolutely do NOT have the funds to replace a goofed larger batch.

So, whadaya think?

Also, my dad swears he isn't actually in any pain. His major complaints are that he is so weak he can barely stand up let alone walk, and that he can't sleep worth a damn because of the puddling saliva in the back of his throat that he has to continuously cough it up so he can at least breathe properly. So, I don't know if vaporizing anything is actually necessary...?

1. I always break mine down to fine, but not powdery, or even close to powdery. Get it too fine and it slips through the filters and pollutes the oil.

2. Yes, you can make a very small amount. I've used as little as two grams, and you have 3.5. This is more easily done evaporating the solvent off in a smaller non-stick ceramic pan. I use custard cups for smaller amounts, set on a cup warmer until it's done evaporating. You can also pour it into a glass pie pan and just leave it to evaporate over time. Have you seen the video on the early pages of this thread on making oil that has the two women in the picture? its my favorite, and I've included some tips on that post. Here, I'll grab it real quick and save you the time. With this method you have to decarb before you begin the rest of the process.

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

My personal first attempt at oil making starts at post # 254 of this thread and goes for a page or two.

When you make a small batch like you're thinking of it can be a mess to scrape up, but the last batch I made gave me a decent pull on a strain that I didn't think had much oil content at all. I've been using it to heal the broken skin on the back of my hands, to wonderful effect. Almost miraculous. This is a powerful plant Tanja. I'm in awe most of the time. Scrape it out of the dish you use onto parchment paper for easier storage and handling. I don't know if this is common practice, I only know it works well for me.

I'm glad he's not in pain. The vaporizer will still make it easier to get more cannabinoids into his system, so keep it in mind, just in case. My personal feeling, and this has no basis in anything other than instinct, is that the more delivery methods and strains that can be included into the protocol the better. This is with the understanding that we're not trying to go beyond the dose we're shooting for, because with cannabis, less is often more. This is why that Start Low and Go Slow.

I saw you read through the dosing thread. That's good, because now you have a sense of where you're headed.

Your mother must be so proud of you. :hug:

Yes, I'm going to bed now. I typically stay up this late. Sleep is a fickle visitor here too. :laughtwo:

Four days later, two additional applications of a thin smear of CCO on the skin surface.

image13384.jpeg

This same hand on May 30.

image12895.jpeg

I really need to get on making a cream for the patches on my forehead. This stuff is incredible. I've found nothing in all these years to heal these small patches. I realize there's an underlying cause that I have yet to effectively identify and treat, but if CCO can do this with direct contact, I'm getting excited about making some capsules and getting serious about treating my own obviously challenged system.

I believe Cannafan has some nice recipes she's been gathering on her wellness center blog. Time to go looking.

I'll be honest, I never saw all this alchemy in my future. :laughtwo:

Learning about decarboxylation

Neiko recently had a batch of oil tested along with the flowers used to produce it. One of his reasons for doing so was to see what terpenes, if any, survived decarboxylation. Turns out none of them do. What does that mean for us? It means there's no reason to use the oven bag other than to contain the odor, something they do quite well. Putting it in the freezer afterwards for that hour also helps to tamp the odor down, so I'll be continuing to use the oven bags. I'll just know that I'm doing little to preserve the terpenes if I'm going to decarb.

image501.png

image500.png

Thank you Neiko, for letting me use these labs.

Ok guys, please bear with me...It's almost impossible to be more of a Cannabis "virgin" than I am! I probably smoked it a couple dozen times around 25 years ago, have smoked it maybe 10 times in the past 2 years and I ate a brownie last year (which sent me to a place I've NEVER been before!) Good lord!:loopy: So, PLEASE forgive me for any stupid questions I have...so, here goes:

When you're talking about decarboxylation HERE in these specific posts, is this done by putting the dry buds in the oven BEFORE rinsing it with the grain alcohol??? Or, are you talking about AFTER, when you have it in a double boiler or whatever you're using to decarb after??

My apologies....I am trying to save my dad so, I think I have learned about a year's worth of information on all this stuff in the last 2 weeks, so my brain just might be burning out!:jawdropper:

Just keep breathing Tanja. :laughtwo: you're nearing the point when it all starts to click into place. That series of "Aha!" Moments will give you a second wind.

You're fighting cancer with the oil. You need THC, so you need to decarb.

You can approach decarbing either way. If I'm using the simple pan with double boiler to evaporate the solvent, I'm going to decarb in the oven before putting it into the freezer. That's because I won't be using any heat high enough or for a long enough period of time to decarb the cannabinoids.

If I'm doing a larger batch, say in the distiller, or using the method outlined in the Making CCO thread, I don't decarb first, because the last step in that process is complete decarboxylation.

You keep asking questions until you have a full understanding and are comfortable going forward. Our intent is that you have confidence and can stay focused. You're working with one of the most powerful medicinal herbs on the planet, so you have every right to feel confident. One step at a time.

Just keep breathing Tanja. :laughtwo: you're nearing the point when it all starts to click into place. That series of "Aha!" Moments will give you a second wind.

You're fighting cancer with the oil. You need THC, so you need to decarb.

You can approach decarbing either way. If I'm using the simple pan with double boiler to evaporate the solvent, I'm going to decarb in the oven before putting it into the freezer. That's because I won't be using any heat high enough or for a long enough period of time to decarb the cannabinoids.

If I'm doing a larger batch, say in the distiller, or using the method outlined in the Making CCO thread, I don't decarb first, because the last step in that process is complete decarboxylation.

You keep asking questions until you have a full understanding and are comfortable going forward. Our intent is that you have confidence and can stay focused. You're working with one of the most powerful medicinal herbs on the planet, so you have every right to feel confident. One step at a time.

OK, Sue....I just broke it up/crumbled it by hand so it looks like yours in your #254 post...the pic AFTER you took it out of the freezer after baking it for an hour. Now, I'm going to bake it in the oven at 225 for 1 hour, correct?? Same as you did, even though I'm working with a much smaller amount...I'm also skipping the oven bag part because I am not worried about the "smell"....After the hour in the oven, I'll stick it in the freezer for at least 12 hours...the Everclear has already been in the freezer since last night.

Sound good?:thumb:

OK, Sue....I just broke it up/crumbled it by hand so it looks like yours in your #254 post...the pic AFTER you took it out of the freezer after baking it for an hour. Now, I'm going to bake it in the oven at 225 for 1 hour, correct?? Same as you did, even though I'm working with a much smaller amount...I'm also skipping the oven bag part because I am not worried about the "smell"....After the hour in the oven, I'll stick it in the freezer for at least 12 hours...the Everclear has already been in the freezer since last night.

Sound good?:thumb:

You got it Tanja. Stick your glass jars in the freezer too. Everything icy cold. Even with a small amount have at least two jars to strain into. Let it take its time to drip through. I've been sticking it back in the freezer to finish dripping. Keeps everything cold for the second wash.

I'll try to stick close tomorrow and watch for you so I can answer more quickly. Treat yourself and take some pictures. If you post them you have a record for yourself.:battingeyelashes:

Quick question: I can't buy the liquid sunflower lecithin in a bottle around here, like you got Sue. Can I buy some capsules like the crazy lady in the CannaBudwig Protocol video? I can order it online from Amazon, but was just wondering if I'm in a pinch, can I just run to Walmart here and grab some capsules...because the kind u got on Amazon isn't available for Prime shipping and I am not sure how long it will take to get here...

Also, am just about to start the extraction process....Do I HAVE TO let it winterize in the freezer for another 24 before I start boiling it off?? I feel like I am really running out of time here, dad has lost TWO MORE pounds in the last 3 days!!! I think I need to just start getting this medicine and CannaBudwig Protocol in his system NOW!!! I'm in a panic.

Quick question: I can't buy the liquid sunflower lecithin in a bottle around here, like you got Sue. Can I buy some capsules like the crazy lady in the CannaBudwig Protocol video? I can order it online from Amazon, but was just wondering if I'm in a pinch, can I just run to Walmart here and grab some capsules...because the kind u got on Amazon isn't available for Prime shipping and I am not sure how long it will take to get here...

Also, am just about to start the extraction process....Do I HAVE TO let it winterize in the freezer for another 24 before I start boiling it off?? I feel like I am really running out of time here, dad has lost TWO MORE pounds in the last 3 days!!! I think I need to just start getting this medicine and CannaBudwig Protocol in his system NOW!!! I'm in a panic.

Take a deep breath. You need to stay calm Tanja. Some things may be out of your control, but you're going to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward.

Sorry to be so long getting back to you. I fell asleep. Ok, the last winterizing step is to lock up any undesirable particulates. In a pinch, if your wash is a nice golden color, I'd feel comfortable skipping it. You're going through his feeding tube anyway at first. He won't taste it.

Also, go ahead and grab the capsules for now and order the bottle by mail. It should get to you by Monday or Tuesday. Mine came pretty quickly.

Take a deep breath. You need to stay calm Tanja. Some things may be out of your control, but you're going to keep putting one foot in front of the other and keep moving forward.

Sorry to be so long getting back to you. I fell asleep. Ok, the last winterizing step is to lock up any undesirable particulates. In a pinch, if your wash is a nice golden color, I'd feel comfortable skipping it. You're going through his feeding tube anyway at first. He won't taste it.

Also, go ahead and grab the capsules for now and order the bottle by mail. It should get to you by Monday or Tuesday. Mine came pretty quickly.

Thank you, Sue!
Well, of course my local Walmart doesn't carry those capsules, and neither does my Walgreens. We live in a shit-hole little town with next to nothing....so frustrating sometimes. So, I have no lecithin...for now. I'm gonna go ahead and order some from Amazon but before I place my order, I have a few other items in my cart that I had read about when I was looking into juicing for my dad. And because he needs to get some weight on his bones so badly, I thought maybe a "safe form" of protein to add to his fresh juices might be Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein, Hi Fiber?? It has 11grams of protein/3 tablespoons...any thoughts on that? Or Organic Hemp Hearts and grind those up to add to his juices or CannaBudwig bombs when I get that goin? Since I'm such a newbie with all this Hemp and Cannabis stuff, I just don't know if it's worth a damn. I'm also ordering him some Apricot Kernels because they have quite a bit of that Vitamin B17 in them...along with some calories and a tiny bit of protein, too. Gonna buy a seed or coffee grinder for those Apricot seeds.

I haven't started the extraction yet....I got extremely sidetracked. I'm glad you crashed out for awhile...a brilliant mind like yours needs its rest!:blushsmile:

So, I'm quite sure I have everything ready to go, but I'm going to review your instructional post ONE MORE TIME before I get crackin.:thumb:

Thank you, Sue!
Well, of course my local Walmart doesn't carry those capsules, and neither does my Walgreens. We live in a shit-hole little town with next to nothing....so frustrating sometimes. So, I have no lecithin...for now. I'm gonna go ahead and order some from Amazon but before I place my order, I have a few other items in my cart that I had read about when I was looking into juicing for my dad. And because he needs to get some weight on his bones so badly, I thought maybe a "safe form" of protein to add to his fresh juices might be Nutiva Organic Hemp Protein, Hi Fiber?? It has 11grams of protein/3 tablespoons...any thoughts on that? Or Organic Hemp Hearts and grind those up to add to his juices or CannaBudwig bombs when I get that goin? Since I'm such a newbie with all this Hemp and Cannabis stuff, I just don't know if it's worth a damn. I'm also ordering him some Apricot Kernels because they have quite a bit of that Vitamin B17 in them...along with some calories and a tiny bit of protein, too. Gonna buy a seed or coffee grinder for those Apricot seeds.

I haven't started the extraction yet....I got extremely sidetracked. I'm glad you crashed out for awhile...a brilliant mind like yours needs its rest!:blushsmile:

So, I'm quite sure I have everything ready to go, but I'm going to review your instructional post ONE MORE TIME before I get crackin.:thumb:

I know little about the hemp protein, but if I were going to choose a protein powder it'd be hemp. The balance of essential fatty acids in hemp is an excellent match to the needs of the human body. Good thinking there Tanja. :high-five:

I don't know if I'd characterize my brain as brilliant Tanja. I set up these rooms to attract the brilliant minds so I don't feel so lost in the forest. Lol! It was good to snatch a few hours sleep though. I'm wide awake now and here for you.

Man, you friggen ROCK!:cheer:

I'm waiting for my 3rd wash to drain right now. I took a few pictures. :) I started out with actually 4 grams (bought myself a new fancy digital scale just for this project). Bought a ceramic frypan and it and the pot of water are warming up on the stove right now. Windows open, ceiling fan on and I have a little fan to blow directly at the double boiler straight towards the window. I was surprised to find my fingers actually got sticky just from me gently squeezing the coffee filters with the bud in it, out.:thedoubletake: I'm a bit bummed that I couldn't even find UNbleached coffee filters around here, so I had no choice but to use the bleached ones. Can't wait to see how much (or actually little) finished oil I am going to get out of this little experiment.....
And, again, I cannot thank you enough for being SO supportive through all this. I had given up on the thought of "the kindness of strangers" a long time ago, but YOU my dear have reset my way of thinking.:circle-of-love:

Be back after I get into the boiling the Everclear off, my dear.:love:

pardon me, but shit fire an save matches!!!

found this here thread today umm yesterday. just spent the last 4 hours reading the whole blasted thing. spectacular work by all.

thank you sue in particular. not to diminish from all of you who have contributed, you all put in a ton of work here. but alas, I am tired and cannot recollect names, heck I can barely type lol.

only recently got into edibles, sorta. got the mb2, made 5 cups of cannabutter and 5 cups of cannaoil with olive oil. thought I was crazy when it had me flying for over 15 hours from some garlic shrimp I made.

but I gave a buddy some toast with 1/2 teaspoon of butter on it and he was blown.

heres some history. I don't use. at all. I love the smell, love the taste, absolutely love growing. used to use when I was younger. but I dont now. I have tried everything I have grown. so I have used very small amounts over the last 2 years. lets say I have personally smoked maybe 1 gram myself in that time. my wife uses it more for pain and sleep.

my buddy on the other hand.....probably closer to a 1/4 oz a day at least.

hmmm I guess my butter is good then lol.

just had to share, I have plenty of health issues myself to deal with. and the ever looming cancer I will likely receive has been a driving force for me to learn as much as I can.

I think this thread has inspired me to be even more proactive about it and find the dosage that will work for me. likely I will get some caps and fill with my olive oil.

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. time to put it to practice.

thank you all.

I'm so excited for you Tanja. :yahoo: Your first oil experience. You're going to get less than a gram of oil out of this. My advice is scrape it out of your pan in the end and smear it on parchment paper, if you have any. I didn't think about that until right now. I had some on hand from Christmas cookie baking.

This is what I did with my last small batch.

image13445.jpeg

It was a much larger dollop when I started. I put it on this piece of parchment paper, which is stored in the small concentrates container. This is the oil I've been using to heal the patches of psoriasis on my hands. A little tiny bit goes a long way.

Our hope is that your father will respond positively. Regardless, you're learning a valuable skill that'll come in handy down the road. You'll be able to explain to someone else how easy it is to process bud into oil and use it to heal the body. You've just joined the ranks of healers. :hug: :love:

Happy to report that the color of the wash is actually a pretty nice golden color, although the pictures I took seem to look otherwise. Pretty stark contrast between real life and photo...must be the lighting in my kitchen. But, at any rate, I would've gone forward with finishing this tonight anyway. :)

Thank you, Sue!

If I were in your shoes I'd be doing the following:

I'd be getting the CCO made as that will take a bit of time to complete the steps (freezing, etc.). I would get a small amount of a good quality oil (I chose olive oil as I outlined in my post in your thread). If you look at PsyCro's thread here you can see they didn't use lecithin at all, just the cannabis oil extracted with olive oil. What I'm trying to say is I think you'll be better off getting the cannabinoids in to your father's system with just a carrier oil if it gets them in there sooner and you can add lecithin to it later. For example, let's say you follow the recipe posted in cajuncelt's thread which is 20g of oil + 1g of CCO and then this is mixed with 3 tablespoons of oil + 1 tablespoon of lecithin, then what you could do is mix the 20g oil + 1g CCO and then set half of this aside to later mix with 1.5 tablespoons of oil + 0.5 tablespoons of lecithin. Then you have half to give to your father right away and some to mix with lecithin later. You can always add some of the oil + CCO to whatever you use to administer the oil + lecithin + CCO to increase the effective dose.

Next, I would go for hemp seeds as opposed to the protein powders. The seeds will have the protein and I've heard (but not confirmed) they're considered to be a pretty complete nutritional source.

Finally, I'd be getting the juicer I think you mentioned you could get from a friend and be getting all of these in to your dad's diet.

For juicing I'd be looking at what's in season and cheap around your area and I'd be starting slow (i.e don't buy everything in the store, just buy a few things to start). I'd be starting with some carrots, celery, kale, and something purple like beetroot or red cabbage. I've seen research that freshly juiced (i.e. juiced less than 20 minutes previously) cabbage was effective at treating peptic ulcers, so I would suggest trying to making the juice as fresh as possible. You could probably then use a blender to add some hemp seeds and probably some CCO in a carrier oil. I'm not sure what I'd do about fruits (at least sweeter fruits). On one hand they'll have some sugar and some sugar may be okay to help put weight on, however, if the claims that cancer feeds on sugars are accurate then it may cause more harm than good, I don't really know whether fruits would be good to include in the juices or not.

As you start getting things going then you can start making changes and improvements. You can add the lecithin in, try different vegetables (I'd be trying to include some that are high in apigenin like celery). You could try giving him some coconut oil about 30-45 minutes before giving him his juice + hemp seeds + CCO in a carrier oil. Perhaps it would be better to juice the celery separately and give him some coconut oil + celery juice 30-45 minutes before giving him his juice + hemp seeds + CCO in a carrier oil.

And so on...

fookinel, I'm speechless. So much to learn, and I'm humbled to be standing in your shadow.

Thank you for that lesson in practicality.

Back
Top Bottom