pardon me, but shit fire an save matches!!!

found this here thread today umm yesterday. just spent the last 4 hours reading the whole blasted thing. spectacular work by all.

thank you sue in particular. not to diminish from all of you who have contributed, you all put in a ton of work here. but alas, I am tired and cannot recollect names, heck I can barely type lol.

only recently got into edibles, sorta. got the mb2, made 5 cups of cannabutter and 5 cups of cannaoil with olive oil. thought I was crazy when it had me flying for over 15 hours from some garlic shrimp I made.

but I gave a buddy some toast with 1/2 teaspoon of butter on it and he was blown.

heres some history. I don't use. at all. I love the smell, love the taste, absolutely love growing. used to use when I was younger. but I dont now. I have tried everything I have grown. so I have used very small amounts over the last 2 years. lets say I have personally smoked maybe 1 gram myself in that time. my wife uses it more for pain and sleep.

my buddy on the other hand.....probably closer to a 1/4 oz a day at least.

hmmm I guess my butter is good then lol.

just had to share, I have plenty of health issues myself to deal with. and the ever looming cancer I will likely receive has been a driving force for me to learn as much as I can.

I think this thread has inspired me to be even more proactive about it and find the dosage that will work for me. likely I will get some caps and fill with my olive oil.

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. time to put it to practice.

thank you all.

Thank you unforgiven. First thing I want to say is change that idea about the looming cancer in your future to "my cancer-free future assured by my consistent cannabinoid therapy". :laughtwo: Too much of a mouthful, but you get the idea. Your Endocannabinoid system doesn't know the difference between reality and what you tell it, and what you tell it becomes reality. I'd go with "I am and will remain healthy and strong." Then you're always in a state of healing.

Aging holistic hippy over here. :laughtwo:

Thanks for the compliments to my talented comrades. I open the doors, they fill it with knowledge. I encourage you to start thinking of cannabis as a preventative drug. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how we missed this for so many years. Good luck. Feel free to stop by and share experience with us.

Well, how appropriate? I sit down to let ya'll know I finished my first batch of oil, and it is 4:20 a.m....what are the odds?

Timing is everything. :laughtwo: Are you good?

FIRST WASH
IMG_20160611_012553.jpg

I'm proud of you. Step one: the confidence of knowing you CAN produce the oil.

Here's a link to the photo tutorial.

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

The sun's coming up. I'm going to bed now. :laughtwo: Good work girl. :high-five:

OK, here goes:

FIRST WASH
IMG_20160611_012553.jpg

It almost looks like pee!

SECOND WASH
IMG_20160611_014413.jpg

I used this wood handle to mix and swish during the second wash...
IMG_20160611_013152.jpg

THIRD WASH
IMG_20160611_030956.jpg

Had about 75ml of Everclear in there...
IMG_20160611_030943.jpg

AS SOON AS I DUMPED IT INTO THE PAN
IMG_20160611_031119.jpg

And about 3 minutes later...
IMG_20160611_031435.jpg

Little while later (maybe 20 more minutes?)
IMG_20160611_032729.jpg

Gettin' a little messy...

THEN, I grabbed my eyedropper and started wrangling the strays like you did, Sue...
IMG_20160611_034646.jpg

IMG_20160611_034655.jpg

IMG_20160611_034849.jpg

Was curious bout the temperature...
IMG_20160611_034904.jpg

Then, the bubbles started coming...
IMG_20160611_035004.jpg
IMG_20160611_035017.jpg
IMG_20160611_035149.jpg
IMG_20160611_040214.jpg

FINISHED PRODUCT....no idea how much, but HUGE thank you Sue, for mentioning the parchment paper!
IMG_20160611_041618.jpg

VOILA!!!:allgood:

MAN, that shit was STICKY!!! It's like pine tree sap, but maybe worse....

If I were in your shoes I'd be doing the following:

I'd be getting the CCO made as that will take a bit of time to complete the steps (freezing, etc.). I would get a small amount of a good quality oil (I chose olive oil as I outlined in my post in your thread). If you look at PsyCro's thread here you can see they didn't use lecithin at all, just the cannabis oil extracted with olive oil. What I'm trying to say is I think you'll be better off getting the cannabinoids in to your father's system with just a carrier oil if it gets them in there sooner and you can add lecithin to it later. For example, let's say you follow the recipe posted in cajuncelt's thread which is 20g of oil + 1g of CCO and then this is mixed with 3 tablespoons of oil + 1 tablespoon of lecithin, then what you could do is mix the 20g oil + 1g CCO and then set half of this aside to later mix with 1.5 tablespoons of oil + 0.5 tablespoons of lecithin. Then you have half to give to your father right away and some to mix with lecithin later. You can always add some of the oil + CCO to whatever you use to administer the oil + lecithin + CCO to increase the effective dose.

Next, I would go for hemp seeds as opposed to the protein powders. The seeds will have the protein and I've heard (but not confirmed) they're considered to be a pretty complete nutritional source.

Finally, I'd be getting the juicer I think you mentioned you could get from a friend and be getting all of these in to your dad's diet.

For juicing I'd be looking at what's in season and cheap around your area and I'd be starting slow (i.e don't buy everything in the store, just buy a few things to start). I'd be starting with some carrots, celery, kale, and something purple like beetroot or red cabbage. I've seen research that freshly juiced (i.e. juiced less than 20 minutes previously) cabbage was effective at treating peptic ulcers, so I would suggest trying to making the juice as fresh as possible. You could probably then use a blender to add some hemp seeds and probably some CCO in a carrier oil. I'm not sure what I'd do about fruits (at least sweeter fruits). On one hand they'll have some sugar and some sugar may be okay to help put weight on, however, if the claims that cancer feeds on sugars are accurate then it may cause more harm than good, I don't really know whether fruits would be good to include in the juices or not.

As you start getting things going then you can start making changes and improvements. You can add the lecithin in, try different vegetables (I'd be trying to include some that are high in apigenin like celery). You could try giving him some coconut oil about 30-45 minutes before giving him his juice + hemp seeds + CCO in a carrier oil. Perhaps it would be better to juice the celery separately and give him some coconut oil + celery juice 30-45 minutes before giving him his juice + hemp seeds + CCO in a carrier oil.

And so on...

WOW, FOOKINEL! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

I love how you were able to take some of the ideas I had in my head, and completely clear it up for me and put it into a solid plan that makes it so much easier for me to follow!:thumb: You gave me the extra information I needed to carry out my plan and put it into terms that make sense to me....I am so grateful! I was leaning towards buying the hemp seeds and grinding them up, and you gave me the extra push I needed to go that route. And I love the idea of just skipping the lecithin (for now) and to just jump right in with the olive oil. Sounds great to me! And the extra tips on what to juice and how to start out for him on that is just awesome. Your help and advise is beyond appreciated!:thanks:

Just curious, Do you happen to know if there's any truth to HOW important it is to get a certain type of juicer? I read somewhere that most juicers tend to get a little hot when they're running, and that in turn, sort of takes away a lot of the "goodness" of the juice your making? Like it depletes the enzymes, or something like that? And it's very important to make sure that doesn't happen when your making juice for someone who's battling cancer? I ask because, even tho my friend offered to let me borrow hers, I must buy my own for my dad because I imagine I'm going to need it for a fair amount of time and my friend is going to need her juicer because she too, is battling cancer...for the THIRD TIME. :( I just don't want to have her machine for any amount of time because I know she needs it. The little bit of research I did, basically told me the cheapest GOOD juicer is going to cost me about $275.00 and that is a pretty big chunk of change, when other supposedly good juicers run around $100. I hate to say it, but money is unfortunately a little scarce round here...

You want a lemongrass juicer, but only if you're going to be juicing cannabis. You won't be doing that, so the less expensive one may be acceptable. I learned that taking the dosing course. The resin in cannabis will gunk up a regular juicer. I have no experience with this, but I expect a doctor treating patients in California where juicing is commonplace would know.

Juicing is new to me, so I know nothing about the heat element. Do yourself a favor though and stop the thought about funds being scarce. It's a mind game. You'll get a juicer and it'll do the immediate job, if nothing else. Change that thought into "I'll have the juicer that'll do the job I need" or something along those lines.

Sorry Tanja, I'm real big on mental messages, particularly when we deal with something this critical. The more positive you can keep your mindset the more likely you'll spot opportunity when it presents itself out of the blue. So take a moment and "feel" what its like to have the juicer you need and be making nutritious meals for your dad. That's the feeling your going to hang onto. Watch that juicer step out and identify itself.

You're doing an impressive job of soaking up all this information. You got this girl.

Just curious, Do you happen to know if there's any truth to HOW important it is to get a certain type of juicer? I read somewhere that most juicers tend to get a little hot when they're running, and that in turn, sort of takes away a lot of the "goodness" of the juice your making? Like it depletes the enzymes, or something like that? And it's very important to make sure that doesn't happen when your making juice for someone who's battling cancer? I ask because, even tho my friend offered to let me borrow hers, I must buy my own for my dad because I imagine I'm going to need it for a fair amount of time and my friend is going to need her juicer because she too, is battling cancer...for the THIRD TIME. :( I just don't want to have her machine for any amount of time because I know she needs it. The little bit of research I did, basically told me the cheapest GOOD juicer is going to cost me about $275.00 and that is a pretty big chunk of change, when other supposedly good juicers run around $100. I hate to say it, but money is unfortunately a little scarce round here...

I wouldn't say I know, however, I have some thoughts. Again, I refer to John Kohler (no, I have no affiliation with him or any of his sites, I simply refer to the information he's provided). You can see here and here his thoughts and he has far more experience with them than I do. I also stumbled upon this page which seemed to agree with at least some of John's thoughts. One comment I'll make about that last page is that they claim that the empirical and anecdotal evidence suggests you don't need to drink the juice straight away, however, I already linked to a published paper where they showed that fresh cabbage juice helped with peptic ulcers. Subsequently, it seems to me that in some cases having it as fresh as possible is a requirement. In this case I guess making the juice for a whole day in one go is probably an acceptable compromise (especially if you remove as much air/oxygen as possible by filling glass bottles and storing them in the fridge).

I consider it psuedo-logic when people suggest centrifugal juicers raise the temperature of the juice because they operate at high speed. Unfortunately, statements like these seem to be similar to hearing one side of the story. What I mean by that is you could also argue using similar logic that "cold press" juicers would heat the juice more because of the high pressures involved.

When choosing a juicer there's a number of things to consider, how noisy it is, how easy it is to clean, how efficient it is at juicing what you want to juice, etc. You can see plenty of comparison videos by John Kohler on Youtube, unfortunately he has the gift of the gab and talks a lot so it may take a bit of time to watch them...

Contrary to what SweetSue said, while I was thinking about what to say in this response I thought you mentioned that you were getting a medical card or something so you could get medicinal cannabis which says to me that it's legal in your state. I have no idea how all of this works but you could always try to find out where they grow their crops and see if any of them are willing to give you any clippings they would normally throw away. You could then include these in juices/smoothies as well. If you search for "John Kohler cannabis" you find a video "How I Got High for 10 Hours on Raw Cannabis Leaves" (I swear I'm not associated with him, I'm not even in the same country!) where he uses a vertical single auger juicer to juice the cannabis leaves (I'm not sure how goo this is compared to the lemongrass juicer).

Finally, have a look at as many videos and read as much as you can before deciding on a juicer. You may find that the more efficient juicers don't justify the cost when you consider the cost of what you'll juice. On the other hand a small improvement in efficiency may make all the difference in reduced produce costs. It depends on how much each are where you are...

I really appreciate the thoughts about tracking down clippings. Excellent idea to at least ask around about. Someone may know a grower in your area that might be inclined to offer some trimmings.

SD,
Nice job.

Most dispensaries sell concentrates for less than you can make it using store bought buds. In New Mexico top shelf buds are in the 12-14 dollar range per gram. Shatter, good thick oils, etc. run 40 to 50 per gram plus tax.

Another advantage is most dispensaries are going to have options such as pure CBD, pure THC and 50/50. The eatable offerings have CBD/THC options as well.

Ask what is available. Ask about CBD options.

Best,
canyon

hey are you guys talking about trimmings at cull, ie: sugarleaf, or fan leaves anytime such as defol?

if anytime, is there a lot to be had from fan leaves which are removed early on in defol?

hey are you guys talking about trimmings at cull, ie: sugarleaf, or fan leaves anytime such as defol?

if anytime, is there a lot to be had from fan leaves which are removed early on in defol?
I like to tear them up, pack them in a quart Mason jar, then fill the jar with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I'll shake vigorously every few days. In a month or so, we end up with a topical pain reliever. It works wonders, but leaves my skin green. Haha

I like to tear them up, pack them in a quart Mason jar, then fill the jar with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I'll shake vigorously every few days. In a month or so, we end up with a topical pain reliever. It works wonders, but leaves my skin green. Haha

kinda like peeling carrots, orange hands lol

Every inch of the plant, from the soil line up, is covered with trichomes, most just one cell high. I believe the trichomes on the fan leaves are slightly different from those on the buds and again from those on the stem and branches. I use parts of the whole plant when I make oil, because I want as many different components as I can get in there.

You can save trim and make butter or cooking oil with it. It's not as potent as made with bud, but it still has medicinal value. There are many patients who juice fan leaves, freezing extras so that they have a supply all year round.

There's not a part of the plant that can't be used to benefit somewhere. The stems and branches can even be used as smoking wood in a cooker.

Tanja, I missed the pictures you posted. Well done girl. :high-five: Pat yourself on the back.

Back
Top Bottom