You can turn "like" notifications on and off as well. I turned them off and now only see replies, quotes, and mentions. It's under Alerts, Preferences. Makes for a much less confusing drop-down!

Learn something new every day. :battingeyelashes:

@nira, the isopropyl alcohol you have available outside the US is safer to use than the polluted version they sell to us. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it, just purge thoroughly.

While cleaning up my workspace today I came across a reference card I keep on hand, to discover I’d made the daughter’s oil half-strength by mistake. Drat!

I gathered equipment and supplies....

...dropped the buds into a drying box with some rice....

...and set up the Instant Pot.

Thankfully I’d made her enough capsules to get through today with double doses, buying me time until her morning dose.

I won’t need to stay up late tonight, at least if I get home and get to it I won’t. Lol! I always seem to be making oil at midnight.

I keep thinking that the rosin pressing will give you a much purer product. Personally I would never use chemical solvents because of concern about the residue(s) left behing.

Efficiency is not really an issue. The pressed pieces can be used to make cannabutter, edible oil, or be used in all sorts of baked goods. You can even crumble it up and just add it to soups, salads and the like.

Tippy toeing to the back corner of the room :cool::cool::cool: in disguise :p:)

Evening Ms Sue I know your awesome and have been busy as a bee, well swarm of bees more likely :D:p:)

Hey AB. :hug::hug::hug:

Good to find your footprints. Lol! My best to the lovely wife. :hug:

All is well?

I keep thinking that the rosin pressing will give you a much purer product. Personally I would never use chemical solvents because of concern about the residue(s) left behing.

Efficiency is not really an issue. The pressed pieces can be used to make cannabutter, edible oil, or be used in all sorts of baked goods. You can even crumble it up and just add it to soups, salads and the like.

I’d have to agree with you Oldbear. Nothing gets wasted. No solvent is always preferred.

A tcheck meter would be a handy thing to have. I just noticed their out of stock. Drat! I probably would’ve bought one today. By tomorrow the mad money will have gone to other gardening supplies, like nutrients.

I watched a video over at Green Flower Media last night on getting relief with cannabis without the high. The man made sense, his contention being that if you start with CBD - probably in the neighborhood of 25 mg or so per dose - and then micro dose in THC at the rate of only 1 mg per dose you'll get better relief than you will with the high-THC we've been trained to reach for.

He even had a neat idea for setting up the capsules:
* Make an oil that has approximately 1 mg/ml of THC. Assume you'll be getting slightly more than that 1 mg per drop when you fill the capsules.
* Set up your capsules in a jig.
* Fill the capsules with 1 drop, 2 drops, and 3 drops to give you doses of approximately 1.5 mg, 3 mg, and 5 mg respectively.

This gives you multiple dosing options for the THC, but keeps them all at a low dose.

Joe Dolce believes our best approach is to
Start low
Go slow
Stay low​

Considering what we've been learning over on the tapering thread about using CBD I think we may have been going at it all wrong up to now. What Bluenoser and DirtDemon are demonstrating, IMO, is that CBD is much more important in the treatment of chronic pain and for tapering off opioids than we suspected.

There still haven't been any trials on the effectiveness of CBD for chronic pain. Once again we're on the cutting edge. Prohibition restricts research.

Incidentally, that Cannabis 101 Summit at Green Flower Media is free for viewing through today.

I watched a video over at Green Flower Media last night on getting relief with cannabis without the high. The man made sense, his contention being that if you start with CBD - probably in the neighborhood of 25 mg or so per dose - and then micro dose in THC at the rate of only 1 mg per dose you'll get better relief than you will with the high-THC we've been trained to reach for.

He even had a neat idea for setting up the capsules:
* Make an oil that has approximately 1 mg/ml of THC. Assume you'll be getting slightly more than that 1 mg per drop when you fill the capsules.
* Set up your capsules in a jig.
* Fill the capsules with 1 drop, 2 drops, and 3 drops to give you doses of approximately 1.5 mg, 3 mg, and 5 mg respectively.

This gives you multiple dosing options for the THC, but keeps them all at a low dose.

Joe Dolce believes our best approach is to
Start low
Go slow
Stay low​

Considering what we've been learning over on the tapering thread about using CBD I think we may have been going at it all wrong up to now. What Bluenoser and DirtDemon are demonstrating, IMO, is that CBD is much more important in the treatment of chronic pain and for tapering off opioids than we suspected.

There still haven't been any trials on the effectiveness of CBD for chronic pain. Once again we're on the cutting edge. Prohibition restricts research.

Incidentally, that Cannabis 101 Summit at Green Flower Media is free for viewing through today.

Been thinking about this, and you want the drops to be about 1 mg each, not make the oil 1mg/ml.

I don't do my oil by drops, I do it by syringe, in CCs. How many drops do you think you'd get from a ml? Hmmm.... I have pipettes. I'll work it out with them.

I'm thinking it'll be an oil with between 5-10 mg/ml.

I keep hearing that the best way to choose your medicine is to let your nose guide you. Complication: many of the administration methods call for an oil. If I'm smelling buds to see what my body is asking for today I'll be needing to transform that fragrant bud into usable medicine beyond inhallation.

Wouldn't it be nice to have lots of variety on hand, choose the day's meds by smell, and turn it into just enough oil for today's dosing needs?

Just me playing with those rosey-colored glasses again. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Sometimes I just love playing with numbers. Lol!

I'm helping a friend with chronic pain avoid surgery that probably won't make all that much difference, but looks like his only option. We recently discovered the value of CBD with chronic pain so I'm suggesting he get some pure CBD and we can work from there, micro dosing the THC at less than 5 mg per dose.

I measured out 1 ml of oil to see how many drops I'd get from it, and when it consistently came out to 28 drops from the pipette I decided to go with 28. Now I know how to dose from 1 mg up to 5.

I'm feeling good about this. :battingeyelashes:

I didn't sleep much last night so what's the 12.75% multiplier? Efficiency? As you know I use OldBear's spreadsheet these days for all my (and others') calculations!

I do it the hard way. :rofl:

One can reasonably expect to get an 85% efficiency with infused oils. The rest will be caught up in the plant material. I prefer to use the mash some other way other than trying to get the last of the oil out. I like the purity of the oil I get squeezing by hand or letting gravity do the work for me.

The chemovars I chose for this oil have what I believe is in the neighborhood of 15% THC. Multiply 85% x 15% and you get 0.1275. That means for every gram of bud I use I’m only going to expect to get just under 13% THC extracted.

Did that make sense Shed?

I have no idea. I just type in "ml to drops" and up pops the conversion.

I pulled 1 ml up into the pipette and counted the drops. I consistently got 28 drops, 5 out of 5 attempts.

I’d say Google was very, very wrong. Possibly it’s a good idea to count the drops before starting to fill capsules. Different oils will have different viscosity.

I do it the hard way. :rofl:

One can reasonably expect to get an 85% efficiency with infused oils. The rest will be caught up in the plant material. I prefer to use the mash some other way other than trying to get the last of the oil out. I like the purity of the oil I get squeezing by hand or letting gravity do the work for me.

The chemovars I chose for this oil have what I believe is in the neighborhood of 15% THC. Multiply 85% x 15% and you get 0.1275. That means for every gram of bud I use I’m only going to expect to get just under 13% THC extracted.

Did that make sense Shed?

I pulled 1 ml up into the pipette and counted the drops. I consistently got 28 drops, 5 out of 5 attempts.

I’d say Google was very, very wrong. Possibly it’s a good idea to count the drops before starting to fill capsules. Different oils will have different viscosity.
Both things make sense! The calculations and the drop counting. I probably would have done the calcs straight and just multiplied the result by .85 :).

That's if I was required to do it by hand of course!

Both things make sense! The calculations and the drop counting. I probably would have done the calcs straight and just multiplied the result by .85 :).

That's if I was required to do it by hand of course!

I have that formula stuck in my head and it insists I follow it every time. Lol!

I'm almost ashamed to admit that I have yet to play with Oldbear's spreadsheet. I have no experience at all with spreadsheets, to be honest. I use an iPad, and although Oldbear gave me the iPad link, and I share it with others, for some reason I've never gone to check it out myself. I trusted that it worked since all of you make good use of it.

It pleases some part of me to write it up and talk my way through it. I've considered that it's because I have to explain it to myself every time, making it easier to get the explainations more finely-tuned. I'm forever trying a new way of explaining the processes we experiment with that makes it easier for someone to understand.

Back
Top Bottom