What are the implications for a cannabis enthusiast with chronic pain? Are we looking at a scenario where your consumption of CBD at high enough levels to manage pain with minimal THC means you sacrifice euphoria in favor of pain-managed wellbeing?

I’m becoming very interested to find out how the membership is now using CBD isolates.

Anyone try a CBD topical for pain?

I've got a batch of Painkiller XL ready to try. It's supposed to be 9% CBD and 9% THC, but baked into cookies, it seems stronger in THC than that. As soon as my order of grape seed oil arrives, I'll cook up a batch. I am a bit excited about the prospect. The CBD lotion (from hemp seed) I've used works wonders on my arthritis.

I should make some

I’d appreciate that Chris. I’ll be using all CBD chemovars I have on hand for the daughter’s oils. Still waiting on the CBD CC clone to sprout roots.

I've got a batch of Painkiller XL ready to try. It's supposed to be 9% CBD and 9% THC, but baked into cookies, it seems stronger in THC than that. As soon as my order of grape seed oil arrives, I'll cook up a batch. I am a bit excited about the prospect. The CBD lotion (from hemp seed) I've used works wonders on my arthritis.

I love hearing things like this. :battingeyelashes: First, you’re showing that a balanced ratio has incredible euphoric effects, and second, you’re using a CBD cream for arthritis.

Do you know if there’s any THC in the cream, and if so, at what ratio? Works wonders..... how much pain do you feel it’s relieving?

There is no THC in the cream, but it's freaking amazing for my hands. It doesn't work on every kind of pain, but when my hands ache (up to a 6 or 7 on a 1-10 scale), the CBD cream relieves ~90% of it almost instantly. I recommended it to a friend with fibromyalgia, and she swears by it. I'm eager to try the THC/CBD blend as a topical.

There is no THC in the cream, but it's freaking amazing for my hands. It doesn't work on every kind of pain, but when my hands ache (up to a 6 or 7 on a 1-10 scale), the CBD cream relieves ~90% of it almost instantly. I recommended it to a friend with fibromyalgia, and she swears by it. I'm eager to try the THC/CBD blend as a topical.

Wonderful to hear. Does the label mention anything about terpene inclusions?

It’s interesting to learn that CBD will be good for some kinds of pain. Now it becomes the challenge of finding out which pain requires THC.

I know that @Van Stank is making topicals from some molded Harlequin, and I asked him to post his results in the Magnus8 thread when he has them.

Thank you Shed. I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Starting to get even more excited about CBD as a pain med guys. :battingeyelashes:

Hiya SweetSue,

I'm still using purple haze in an oil (PO and topical (2 different oils)) for arthritis. Works very well for me.

Hiya SweetSue,

I'm still using purple haze in an oil (PO and topical (2 different oils)) for arthritis. Works very well for me.

So you're taking by mouth too Bode? What dose do you ingest?

Wonderful to hear. Does the label mention anything about terpene inclusions?

It’s interesting to learn that CBD will be good for some kinds of pain. Now it becomes the challenge of finding out which pain requires THC.

Sadly, no. The label says "hemp extract/240" on the front and "CO2 extracted hemp" on the back, plus calendula, sunflower, lavender, chamomile, and peppermint oils. Dr Google told me there was CBD and no THC, so that might not be 100% accurate...

I got the grape seed oil yesterday, so today's the day. If I can find the recipe/instrux. :laugh:

Sadly, no. The label says "hemp extract/240" on the front and "CO2 extracted hemp" on the back, plus calendula, sunflower, lavender, chamomile, and peppermint oils. Dr Google told me there was CBD and no THC, so that might not be 100% accurate...

I got the grape seed oil yesterday, so today's the day. If I can find the recipe/instrux. :laugh:

I use Dave Groomer’s simple recipe.

* decarb the bud in a roasting bag at 235° F for 110 min.
* add grape seed oil at a ratio of one ounce per gram of bud
* back in the roasting bag at 235° for 8 more hours (I use an Instant Pot pressure cooker, high pressure for 110 min)
* strain and use

For regular use I fill 10mg roller ball applicator bottles and use the oil straight. For body butter add soy wax flakes at a rate of 100 gr wax to every cup of infused oil.

90 seconds in the microwave will melt the wax. Stir and add essential oils to cover the smell and add to the medicinal value. I go with around 20 drops of lavender for every cup, using my daughter’s excellent olfactory system to guide me.

Happy 4th of July Sue and company!

I have a slightly odd question to pose, but I hope someone may have something to offer on the matter. It's a most uncommon "problem" I would assume.

Alright, let's say I was overstocked with frozen cured bud and decided to render a good volume of the produce into CCO and Infused Cannabis Oil. Let's guess totals of a few ounces of CCO and a couple of gallons of Infused Oil, something worthy of listing in a will. :laugh: Really I was thinking of how my son might have access to my homemade medicine when I'm on the other side, and how to stockpile his meds while I have the opportunity in life.

Q: How long will CCO and Infused Oil remain good and viable in the freezer? (triple vacuum sealed)

I have thawed a 7 year old frozen ounce of cured bud and smoked it, it was still very good and effective.
My guess is less than 7 years for Infused Oil (but totally a guess) due to the additional added organics by volume.
Also a guess, CCO might keep indefinitely as it is has fewer organics than before rendering.

Anyone else ever attempt long term storage of CCO or Infused Oil? Thoughts?

And thanks again Sue for helping me get started with making Oils, after a couple of years I feel good about quality and consistency of my work.

Peace
Keith

Happy 4th of July Sue and company!

I have a slightly odd question to pose, but I hope someone may have something to offer on the matter. It's a most uncommon "problem" I would assume.

Alright, let's say I was overstocked with frozen cured bud and decided to render a good volume of the produce into CCO and Infused Cannabis Oil. Let's guess totals of a few ounces of CCO and a couple of gallons of Infused Oil, something worthy of listing in a will. :laugh: Really I was thinking of how my son might have access to my homemade medicine when I'm on the other side, and how to stockpile his meds while I have the opportunity in life.

Q: How long will CCO and Infused Oil remain good and viable in the freezer? (triple vacuum sealed)

I have thawed a 7 year old frozen ounce of cured bud and smoked it, it was still very good and effective.
My guess is less than 7 years for Infused Oil (but totally a guess) due to the additional added organics by volume.
Also a guess, CCO might keep indefinitely as it is has fewer organics than before rendering.

Anyone else ever attempt long term storage of CCO or Infused Oil? Thoughts?

And thanks again Sue for helping me get started with making oils, after a couple of years I feel good about quality and consistency of my work.

Peace
Keith

My pleasure Keith :hug: You caught on quickly. :battingeyelashes: I feel the same way about my own oil-making prowess. After a couple years it's become a smooth process that I no longer fuss over. It's been a while for CCO though.

Oh....the pressure cooker is beeping a job completed. Lol! Timing, eh? It has to cool before I open it, and I'm not making brownies until tomorrow. It can sit overnight.

That is an odd question Keith. You may be the first person to consider long-term storage for cannabis with the intent to keep your son supplied.

I went looking and didn't find much. It appears few, if any, have the need for long-term storage. My inventory is lucky to last a year. Lol! I recall Cajun telling me that CCO could be stored in the fridge in special light-blocking bags for months, but everyone I know of uses it up within a year or it's in jars or vacuum sealed.

I'd think with your intense attention to getting the product free of air and frozen solid you can buy a few years. The CCO will last longer than the infused oil. I found a plausible argument that indicas won't store as well long-term as sativas, since sativas spend more time in the sun, necessitating more UV protection for the cannabinoids. Indicas finish faster, requiring less intense cannabinoid protection from the sun's rays.

That may come into play with the infused oils, but I'm thinking they'd keep frozen for years, properly stored.

Make arrangements with a cultivator willing to supply him after you dance off into the stars. :battingeyelashes::green_heart:

So you're taking by mouth too Bode? What dose do you ingest?

Hiya SweetSue,

I use an eyedropper and use 6 "squeezes" as a dose. I've never measured as the dropper isn't graduated. My strength of oil is 4 oz cannabis to 2 cups olive oil. Pretty well takes the pain (osteoarthritis) away for 4 hrs and more. I usually dose only once a day, and have a nighttime oil (same dose) lets me sleep solidly. Thanks for asking..

Hiya SweetSue,

I use an eyedropper and use 6 "squeezes" as a dose. I've never measured as the dropper isn't graduated. My strength of oil is 4 oz cannabis to 2 cups olive oil. Pretty well takes the pain (osteoarthritis) away for 4 hrs and more. I usually dose only once a day, and have a nighttime oil (same dose) lets me sleep solidly. Thanks for asking..

I'd say that would take the pain away at that concentration Bode. Lol! I'm glad it's working so well for you What chemovars are you using? I'm curious as to why you settled on such a high concentration. It occurs to me that you may be over saturating the oil, but that's just a guess. I use at most 1 gram to an oz, so I'm only using 16 grams to your 112 in 2 cups of oil, and that seems to be sufficient. You may find better relief with more CBD and less THC.

Are you doing the infusion all at once or in stages? By that I mean infuse half of the bud, strain, repeat with the other half of the bud matter. I assume you're making use of the MB2 for the infusion. If so, how long a cycle are you running?

You woke me up curious Bode. :battingeyelashes:

4 ounces in 2 cups of oil at 15% THC and 80% efficiency is 28.76 mg/ml o_O.

My point exactly. I doubt the oil is picking up all of that cannabinoid load. @Bode, what to you do with the mash?

Well you could always send the overstock to me for long term storage. Haha

If they are in vac sealed bags now, I'd tend to leave them be. When I do this I make flat rectangles which store efficiently,

I have kept edible oil extractions in the fridge for 2 to 3 months. Beyond that, in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom