Side note-- I decided to pay more attention while bud washing and took note of the abundance of scents that became noticeable during the wash. And boy was it smelly! Makes me think that when we bud wash -if we can smell it, we must be loosing some terps.

Magic School Bus taught me that when you smell something, that means there's little particles of that something in your nose. So, the buds have lost that smell and now it's in my nose!!

I have to think though that the general process of bud washing has more positive effects than negative ones. So, I bud wash!

Love you guys!:love:

How would I determine a therapeutic dose?

I want to share with the community a Sensitization Protocol developed by Dr. Dustin Sulak at (google him), an exciting newcomer to the Internet, determined in his own way to mainstream cannabis as a daily addition to our lives.

It appears there's this quirk in the Endocannabinoid system, evolved to keep it from being overstimulated. If you overindulge in cannabis, as many of us who grow successfully are prone to do, you cause the receptors to become unavailable. In some cases they will actually sink into the cell to be completely unapproachable. In response, you need more cannabis to get the same effect. You've fallen into the realm of diminishing returns.

I'm sure many of you reading this know exactly what I'm talking about. I believe we call it strain tolerance, when in fact it's a compromising of our system because we grow fabulous product and don't hesitate to appreciate it. One of the ways to reset the system when you suspect this "strain tolerance" is to simply switch to a different strain. This step won't reset the system as dramatically as this protocol will, but it will shake the system somewhat and increase sensitivity.

It should be obvious that smoking a joint will do much to increase tolerance levels, since the tendency is to keep hitting the joint so it doesn't go to waste. Edibles are discouraged for the same overdosing concerns. Vaporizers or tinctures offer you much better dosing control. There are some wonderful patches, tablets, mouth strips and sprays making their way onto the market that will change the playing field in years ahead.

What Dr. Sulak's developed is a way to reset your Endocannabinoid system in six days, during which time your system will begin to create more receptors and you'll be able to reset your optimal therapeutic dose, that dose that brings you the greatest relief, at a lower level, thereby getting you more efficient relief and healing, saving you meds, money, and frustration. His site has a series of videos that teach you breathing techniques and simple movements to enhance the Endocannabinoid system as you work your way through this protocol, things that will promote the expression of more receptors and help your body feel the beneficial effects of the system. I won't share any of that here, although I highly recommend you check them out. You all know how to use a search engine. :battingeyelashes:

This protocol isn't appropriate for those on high-dose protocols for serious disease, such as cancer.

RESETTING YOUR ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM: A SIX DAY SENSITIZATION PROTOCOL

Day 1 - Cannabis Fast

Take note of how much cannabis you're using now. Write it down.

Take your regular dose, however you administer. Now put it away. You've just begun a 48 hour cannabis fast, after which you'll be listening closely to your body as you very gradually reintroduce cannabis in a way that will enhance your system.

Write down the date and time you started the fast and make note of the date and time you'll be ending it. Do yourself a favor and set the alarm on your phone.

Drink plenty of water. I can't stress this point enough. Water is what your body needs to wash away the stress-induced toxins in your system. Drink more water please.

Day 2 - Cannabis fast continues.

Try some breathing techniques, do some simple movement. Drink more water. :battingeyelashes:

Day 3 - Begin re-introducing cannabis.

You're going to train yourself to listen closely to your body as you begin to reintroduce cannabis. Before and after each inhalation, drop of tincture or edible dose, use your "inner inventory" to assess the effect. Ask yourself three questions and write down your answers.

Inhalation, wait 5 minutes between pulls.
Tincture, wait 30 minutes between drops.
Edible, wait 2 hours between dose.

The Inner Inventory: before and after each administration, assess.

1 - Take a slow deep breath. How easy was that to do? Rate it on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the easiest and 1 being the most difficult.

2 - How comfortable is your body? How easy is it to sit still, in a relaxed manner? Rate this the same way and write it down.

3 - How is your mood? Rate this one as 10 being optimistic and relaxed and 1 being frazzled to the max.

We aren't looking for symptomatic relief here. This is an important distinction. What you're feeling for is the very first signs of any change internally, anything different. Has the migraine begun to diminish ever so slightly, are the joints feeling more free, has the pain in your lower back begun to respond positively? Just the inkling of effect is what you're listening for. Wait the required time, and if you don't feel anything, repeat this process and wait another span of time to reassess. Keep this up until you do feel something. Then stop, put the cannabis away and go about your day.

Listen carefully to your body. Resist the urge to take more than is called for here. You're listening for just a ripple. Nothing more. In this case, less cannabis is more. Trust the process.

You may repeat this process up to 3 times today. Be sure to begin each session with the inner inventory. You need to assess your starting point.

Get some movement time in. Drink more water. Explore foods that'll enhance your Endocannabinoid system.

Day 4 - Continuing to enhance the Endocannabinoid system.

Repeat yesterday's process. It's during this time that your body's actively building up receptor numbers. You're doing a great job. Keep it up. Move, drink more water, breathe for health and fitness. Think healing thoughts and laugh more.

Day 5 - Continue to grow more receptors.

Repeat yesterday's process. Get excited. You're almost done and your body's going to thank you for this adventure with better healing potential.

Day 6 - Finding your optimal therapeutic dose.

Using a repetition of the process you did on days 3-5 you're now going to work for symptomatic relief, one inhalation, drop or edible bite at a time.

It's important here to go slow. Wait the recommended times between dose administration. Listen closely to your body. What you should find is that you'll get relief at a significantly lower dose than when you started.

To be clear, 2 administrations would be over a 10 minute period, 3 over a 15 minute period, and so on.

Determining when to stop.

You're going to get one of two results. Either 1) you're going to get relief and you can go about your day, or 2) your inner inventory is going to drop down a point or two from your last notation. This means you overshot the dose and need to drop back one administration.

Now that you have an optimal therapeutic dose, test it out for the next 2-3 dosing sessions, waiting the recommended amount of time between administrations. Once you've confirmed that this is, indeed, your dose, stick with it. From that point on, there's no need to wait the time between administrations.

Dr. Sulak recommends that you periodically back off your dose by one administration, to determine if your body now requires less than it did before. You should assume that as you progress through your cannabinoid therapy that your Endocannabinoid system is going to be able to function more efficiently. Consequently, your need for phytocannabinoids will change over time.

**********​

This protocol should be repeated anytime you notice yourself building a tolerance to cannabis. Alternatively, you can simply drop back one administration on your dose and let your system readjust.

My own tolerance levels are off the charts. I'll be starting my own 48 hour cannabis fast tomorrow morning. I'm more of a recreational user, in that I have no serious disease challenging me, but the fact that I can consume over two grams of plant material a day and still have skin psoriasis suggests that my own Endocannabinoid system is compromised and I would benefit from a more responsible relationship with our favorite medicinal and recreational drug.

image12895.jpeg

Looking at this I keep wondering if a small dab of CCO under a bandaid would heal this over time? I think I'll give that a try.

Today I have some brownies to finish up. :laughtwo:

Side note-- I decided to pay more attention while bud washing and took note of the abundance of scents that became noticeable during the wash. And boy was it smelly! Makes me think that when we bud wash -if we can smell it, we must be loosing some terps.

Magic School Bus taught me that when you smell something, that means there's little particles of that something in your nose. So, the buds have lost that smell and now it's in my nose!!

I have to think though that the general process of bud washing has more positive effects than negative ones. So, I bud wash!

Love you guys!:love:

Ahhh.... The educational benefits of raising young in a digital age. :laughtwo:

Yes, indeed, you lose some terpenes. One more reason to be gentle in the process. Neiko shared with us a test result of bud that I know was washed, because we're talking about neikodog. :battingeyelashes: That lab panel showed the presence of terpenes, so although some are lost, it's not appreciable enough, IMHO, to outweigh the benefits of clean produce.

image12918.jpeg

I smeared some CCO on it. I'm not going to bother with a bandaid. Think of the challenge of keeping one there. :laughtwo: it immediately stopped hurting, much to my relief. That'd been a pain for days now, since it cracked open like that. I'll keep after it, see how long it takes to heal.

Listening to the course on dosing one more time to assure myself I got it all before I begin formatting to post sent me off on a tangent about terpenes. Quickly sketching out the major terpenes and their medicinal benefits it made my blood go cold for a moment when I realized that our methods of processing oil have been destroying these invaluable components.

image12946.jpeg

I have a renewed respect for the power of THC and CBD. They've been carrying the weight in the oil mixes up to now, and look what they've done. Let's change that and give them a helping hand with the entourage effect.

Imagine........ oil with a full range of cannabinoids, terpenes and flavinoids, made more bioavailable through some attentive pre-dosing strategies and a bit of bio bomb magic.

I know we can do this and do it well. All these creative brains together, we can do anything we put our efforts behind. I'm getting more excited with every day of study.

I'm so glad I have you guys with me. This would scare the crap out of me alone. :laughtwo:

I seriously need to remember that eating is a necessary part of a healthy day. Geez, it's after 8 and I honestly can't remember when I ate last.

Wait...... I seem to recall guacamole, crackers and cheese sticks back around 4????? OK, that's not so bad. Lol! Ahhhh..... Living alone can present its own challenges. :laughtwo:

image12965.jpeg

Time to call it a night and slip off to bed. Sometimes I shake my head in amazement that this is what fires me up.

A cherished member has been wounded. Please help me help him heal with the only thing most of us can offer.

Very challenging news guys. Heirloom just informed us that he was hit by a logging truck about five weeks ago and has lost limbs. I'm including a link to his thread so you can read his report yourself, but we need to garner all the positive energy we can and shower him with it. He lived. He's a force of nature himself and in the end I know this magnificent man will not just survive but thrive like you've never seen.

Let's let him know his family reaches round the globe and we'll all be holding him in our thoughts as he recovers.

Thank up you in advance for helping to shore up my dear friend.

Heirloom's Little Bit Of Everything

Does anyone reading this have any practical knowledge on treating amputations and spinal injury with cannabis?

Sue, the majority of the terpenes are called "volatile" for a reason. It doesn't take much to diminish the terpenes & flavonoids obviously.
Taking the whole plant & freezing at subzero temps then processing with co2 or similar is done in mass quantities for oil everyday by the big boys.

Tim & I were going to go in on halves for an extractor from Twerps or others.
As far as I know, this is the only way to extract the oil with most volatile compounds still attached.

Our (& really all) method of extraction is for the ordinary Joe Toke to make CCO. The pro's step it up quite a bit, but the equipment is very pricey.

Some "regular" types are combining cold, slow washes & refluxes with our QWET wash to incorporate more terpenes, terpenoids, etc. back in to the final product.

Sorry guys. Wrong thread. :laughtwo:

Sue, the majority of the terpenes are called "volatile" for a reason. It doesn't take much to diminish the terpenes & flavonoids obviously.
Taking the whole plant & freezing at subzero temps then processing with co2 or similar is done in mass quantities for oil everyday by the big boys.

Tim & I were going to go in on halves for an extractor from Twerps or others.
As far as I know, this is the only way to extract the oil with most volatile compounds still attached.

Our (& really all) method of extraction is for the ordinary Joe Toke to make CCO. The pro's step it up quite a bit, but the equipment is very pricey.

Some "regular" types are combining cold, slow washes & refluxes with our QWET wash to incorporate more terpenes, terpenoids, etc. back in to the final product.

OK, that explained a lot. Thanks. I was wondering how they pulled that off. I've given it so much thought, and this appears to be our only alternative, so let's get it right.

Ahhh.... For the wherewithal to set up facilities cross-country and offer the services at cost. A series of non-profit processing centers and analysis labs for CCO made by home growers.

Sue,
As you know my wife has had lots of back problems. The thoracic vertebra that collapsed and was removed caused enough nerve damage to cause moderate loss of control of her legs. It takes a long time but there is growth and healing.

I can only speak of the use of CBD as pain treatment.(sublingual) As an observer, it allowed her to drop the hydrocodone and oxycodone as well as reduce the use of morphine and muscle relaxers. She used it for around a year and stopped for about a year. Recently she started using it as a bridge between the spaced out morphine.

Something to look into is a device that uses electrodes to stimulate bone growth and works best on the spine. The company is "Biomet Osteobiologics". Another is a pharmaceutical product. Forteo, is an injection like a diabetic pen. It is man made through gen splicing and cost a fortune even with insurance. It also promotes bone growth.

The bone stimulater is not a big deal to use. OTOH, Forteo has side effects.

A testament to how well this combination works; She had rods and cages from S1 up to the upper thoracic area. Everything failed to the point that when it was all rebuilt some of the screws could be removed just using fingers. One year later she was in a 50 mph auto accident and her back checked out fine.

My father-in-law lost an arm in a freak accident. So,......another story.

He was a Navy test pilot and it happened on duty. It turns out that he had an extra clothing allowance coming because artificial arms and legs are rough on clothing. The Government being the Government, after a year he had to get a physical to make sure his arm had not grown back. So he shows up and sure enough it is still gone according to the doctor. Then the doctor says "Now drop your pants and bend over." No more clothing allowances for him.

Just some things to mill over.

Heal well Heirloom.

Best
canyon

Continuing the lost arm story. The first time my father-in-law was well enough to get dressed up and go out to a social event he was confronted with a child looking up the empty sleeve of his sports jacket. The conversation went like this.

Boy: "What happened to your arm?"
In-law: "A board fell of of a tall building and knocked it off."
Boy: "Is it going to grow back?"
In-law: "No."
Boy: "Well then you will just have to get along with out it."

He told me that that was the moment that changed the way he looked at what happened.

Best

Thank you for taking the time to document this information. To me, it's invaluable. If you ever come up to Alaska shoot me a pm.

Why thank you delacruz. I'm humbled every time some thanks me for this. There's no way I can ever do enough to repay this community for what they've done for me.

If I ever get there I'll be be sure to find you. :hug: :love:

Continuing the lost arm story. The first time my father-in-law was well enough to get dressed up and go out to a social event he was confronted with a child looking up the empty sleeve of his sports jacket. The conversation went like this.

Boy: "What happened to your arm?"L
In-law: "A board fell of of a tall building and knocked it off."
Boy: "Is it going to grow back?"
In-law: "No."
Boy: "Well then you will just have to get along with out it."

He told me that that was the moment that changed the way he looked at what happened.

Best

Out of the mouth of babes..... :battingeyelashes:

Thank you Canyon. Your wife should have success using cannabis to reduce the need for morphine too. I'll be sending lots of positive energy her way. One of the properties of CBD is its action as a bone stimulator, without side effects, I might add.

Don't want to lose it, so I'll store it here for the time being.

image13216.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom