Happy thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. We are tremendously thankful that you found us, and that this is going so well.

Hey Oldbear, I wanted to check back in today. First, Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful to have found this group, and the amount of care you all seem to genuinely have for helping others find their way! So, here's the recipe I used for Abigail's Indica Oil:

60ML - Coconut Oil, 2 grams Indica (Blueberry), and 1/4 tsp. soy lecithin. I cooked it exactly the way you suggest Oldbear (in a glass jar, covered with foil for 2 hours at 220 degrees, let it cool in the oven, then into the fridge for 6 hours). I searched far and wide, and could not find liquid sunflower lecithin anywhere locally, so I'm going to have to order it online for the next time.

We gave her 1/2 tsp. of ACDC oil before bedtime last night, and 1/4 tsp. of Indica oil. I sat her with me for a good hour or more, so I could monitor her behavior, and all-in-all I think it was pretty successful. She was happy and calm. She didn't seem to get really spacey, but she was a little more giggly than usual (no problems with that). Best of all, she slept through the night! I think I'm going to follow your advice, and stick to this for about a week, then reevaluate.

Bursting with pride here. :battingeyelashes:

daddyherb said:
I do have a few new questions/ concerns I've come up with over the past couple days.

1. The Indica Oil was very earthy in aroma and flavor (have to assume the flavor part), and it's very difficult getting Abigail to take it. She's actually great at taking medicine from a syringe into her mouth normally, but wanted no part of this oil, so we put it in her cup (with chamomile tea and lemon), and she still barely drank it. Is there something I can infuse into the oil along with the cannabis to help with this?

A little stevia can go a long way to making it more palatable. That might work in the tea. I'd follow Oldbear's suggestion and get her started on capsules. Will she swallow capsules easily?

daddyherb said:
2. Oldbear, in your instructions, you recommended that I save the flower after I infuse it into the oil in the oven. I did this as you instructed, but I'm not sure why, or what I'm supposed to do with it now??

I keep mine in the fridge, mixed with enough stevia to make it edible and eat a teaspoon of it a day. Too good to toss.

daddyherb said:
3. We've been giving Abigail 1/2 tsp. of ACDC twice daily (I think I may have misinformed you about her dose - it's not a full teaspoon yet). I'm wondering if I should modify this? Maybe 1/2 tsp. 3 times a day, or a full teaspoon twice daily??

Oldbear handled this perfectly.

daddyherb said:
4. The extra cannabis that we haven't used yet, will it lose it's potency sitting in the kitchen cabinet? Should it be kept in the fridge or freezer instead?

There are humidity packs sold that will keep the cannabis at 62% humidity, which is excellent for storage. One such company is Boveda, but I know ther are others by now. If you have a small quantity that you'll be using immediately it'll probably keep without the packs, but anything greater than 1/2 ounce in storage for longer than a couple weeks would benefit from having one in the jar.

Buds will keep indefinately with the humidity packs. Most of us use our blossoms up fairly quickly.

daddyherb said:
That's all I have for now. Thanks again Bigbear, SweetSue, and everyone else for being so thoughtful and caring. I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

You have a wonderful, joy-filled holiday. It's looking much better at the moment than it did just days ago, isn't it? Knowledge is power, and you're helping us develop a protocol that other frantic parents will benefit from, so we thank you. :hug:

with high thc, after awhile your pupils dilate.
You can tell your self. Wider pupil, more error in lenses/ worse vision in general.
Self check..

Old bear question/ with multiple batches, you mentioned storing separate/make a few/ mix to requirements. Brilliant.
So, if the route was QWET. you'd save 'dragon' for different batches. Allowing tincture use and custom evaporates?
Would that be same? You have experience with say...more than 14/28/42 days of cold, -5 f or lower, storage?
Glass jars, no or little air exposure ..till use.

Whaagy think?
here ?
Thinking out loud in text here....

Red eyes - is that from the thc or from the smoke? Does the degree of redness co-relate to the amount of thc?

Is there something about pupil dilation?

Old bear question/ with multiple batches, you mentioned storing separate/make a few/ mix to requirements. Brilliant.

So, if the route was QWET. you'd save 'dragon' for different batches. Allowing tincture use and custom evaporates?
Would that be same? You have experience with say...more than 14/28/42 days of cold, -5 f or lower, storage?
Glass jars, no or little air exposure ..till use.

Hi Marc I'm not sure what dragon is. If QWET is quick wash extraction with alcohol, Ive never done that. If you store the oil in the alcohol, it should store a long time. If its evaporated, probably not as long. I have kept open jar olive oil extractions in the fridge for over 2 months with no problem. I make small batches so I avoid storage longer than that. I have oil soaked crumbled bud in the freezer that is months old.

And yes, if you store different extractions in oil form you can make a blended oil - pretty much anything you wanted.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! :laughtwo: Digital primal scream. Lol!

I wait and wait for the master class on using cannabis as medicine to open up at Green Flower Media, and it keeps doing that when I my funds are otherwise directed. *sigh*.

It's not like I have the time for it right now anyway...... This is more true than I want to admit. :battingeyelashes: I keep reminding myself that I'll get in when the time is right. It'll piss me off to get through the door and find out I've already figured most of it out. Lol!

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH! :laughtwo: Digital primal scream. Lol!

I wait and wait for the master class on using cannabis as medicine to open up at Green Flower Media, and it keeps doing that when I my funds are otherwise directed. *sigh*.

It's not like I have the time for it right now anyway...... This is more true than I want to admit. :battingeyelashes: I keep reminding myself that I'll get in when the time is right. It'll piss me off to get through the door and find out I've already figured most of it out. Lol!

:Namaste: OOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :Namaste:

Morning everyone. Based on Sue's primal scream post :thumb: I went to the Green Flower site.

I found a great article on what-can-you-do-with-cannabis-stems.

Google that to get many suggestions. Who knew?

No cannabinoids left behind.....

This is also a reply to Oldbear's last post for me.

Will she swallow capsules easily?
Abigail won't take a capsule at all unfortunately. The way we give her just about any medicine she takes is through her cup of tea that she carries pretty much wherever she goes. I'm going to have to just keep playing around with it, and find a good way to make it taste a little better for her. She takes it in the cup, but it takes her a while to drink the entire thing as we keep topping it off to slowly make the taste a little better. I'm leaning towards using a little honey and/or stevia (maybe lemon).

I store mine in the freezer. Use it to add small quantities to salads, warm drinks, soup, grind it up in smoothies - all part of constant cannabinoid intake. There will be useful cannabinoids and terpenes in the leftovers. Also you should store all of your oils in the fridge (freezer for long term storage) to eliminate mold problems. Just as you would with any food / vegetable.
I put the leftover plant matter in the fridge in a little plastic tupperware container. Sprinkled a little on her food last night, and she didn't seem to mind.

I think you can safely increase the intake of the ac/dc daytime oil. It is a mild solution which is good to start with. I would suggest 1/2 teaspoon 4 times daily. Beginning with 1/2 teaspoon 3 times daily (after meals) is a good idea. After a week or so increase it to 3/4 the up it to a full one after another week or so if she tolerates it well.
I'll start this today! :thumb:

Yes indeed - freezer or fridge storage is best. What type of container is it in?
Good to know. I've moved it to the fridge. We're using a plastic tubberware container for her oils. The buds are in a bag in the cabinet still - guess I need to move these to the fridge as well (have to look into this humidity tool referenced by others here).

Hey sweet sue and friends !! Was wondering any body could link me to the page with sweet sues 36 hour infused evoo recipe ...I had it screenshot bud they got deleted .... if any one could help it would be much appreciated

Abigail won't take a capsule at all unfortunately. The way we give her just about any medicine she takes is through her cup of tea that she carries pretty much wherever she goes. I'm going to have to just keep playing around with it, and find a good way to make it taste a little better for her. She takes it in the cup, but it takes her a while to drink the entire thing as we keep topping it off to slowly make the taste a little better. I'm leaning towards using a little honey and/or stevia (maybe lemon).

I put the leftover plant matter in the fridge in a little plastic tupperware container. Sprinkled a little on her food last night, and she didn't seem to mind.

Good to know. I've moved it to the fridge. We're using a plastic tubberware container for her oils. The buds are in a bag in the cabinet still - guess I need to move these to the fridge as well (have to look into this humidity tool referenced by others here).

Recommend glass jars for the oils and bud. Buds will degrade in plastic bags and Im not sure if the oils would pull chemicals out of Tupperware. Different size mason jars (or any other brand) work the best.

Glad to hear all is going well :high-five:

Recommend glass jars for the oils and bud. Buds will degrade in plastic bags and Im not sure if the oils would pull chemicals out of Tupperware. Different size mason jars (or any other brand) work the best.

Glad to hear all is going well :high-five:

I second this re the oil. Oil will take on unwanted elements from Tupperware (minimally probably but it accumulates over time). Glass all the way!! ..

Also very happy to hear of the positive effects on Abigail's experience, and your own daddyherb.

+Reps for SweetSue and Oldbear for the amazing and swift response to DH's needs and requests. (Once I get off my phone and onto the PC where giving reps is easier!)

1 character,,?

‘’’’’’’daddy yo——just an idea.into tea, with cco, for taste ;
Condensed milk.yum...
Honey fur sure..
lemon. Or key lime juice.. sweet lemon lime magic...

Btw add this anytime.any part..of course or , none..
Be well
Marc

Marc made a couple good points that got lost in the jumble of the quote. I pulled them out for easier reading.

Thank you Marc. :hug:

LVMarc42 said:
'''''''daddy yo––just an idea.into tea, with cco, for taste ;
Condensed milk.yum...
Honey fur sure..

Btw add this anytime.any part..of course or , none..
Be well
Marc

Hey sweet sue and friends !! Was wondering any body could link me to the page with sweet sues 36 hour infused evoo recipe ...I had it screenshot bud they got deleted .... if any one could help it would be much appreciated

Hello Rang3rDang3r. :hug: You'll find detailed instructions for the 36-hour oil in my blog area, at the beginning of the writeup for Pain Cream.

Easy Pain Cream

I did a recent check of a batch I ran and discovered that as effective as it may be, it's nowhere near decarbed in my oven. It took me over two hours with a hot oil bath to get total decarb, which suggests this method isn't doing the job of decarbing we think it is.

Having said that, it does make a potent oil that's useful for many things, and not being totally decarbed isn't a bad thing at all, and may turn out to be better for most people than an oil heavy in one cannabinoid or another. Diversity is a good thing.

Hello Rang3rDang3r. :hug: You'll find detailed instructions for the 36-hour oil in my blog area, at the beginning of the writeup for Pain Cream.

Easy Pain Cream

I did a recent check of a batch I ran and discovered that as effective as it may be, it's nowhere near decarbed in my oven. It took me over two hours with a hot oil bath to get total decarb, which suggests this method isn't doing the job of decarbing we think it is.

Having said that, it does make a potent oil that's useful for many things, and not being totally decarbed isn't a bad thing at all, and may turn out to be better for most people than an oil heavy in one cannabinoid or another. Diversity is a good thing.
Thank you so much sue !!!

’’’’’’daddy yo——just an idea.into tea, with cco, for taste ;
Condensed milk.yum...
Honey fur sure..
Thanks Marc! I completely missed this my first time catching up yesterday for some reason, so I'm glad it was reposted. I'll give this a try for sure!

@ daddyH and Abigail I hope the long weekend is going well for you guys

Ive been pondering ...

There is a way to increase the cannabinoid level in the current ac/dc which would allow higher intake without large volumes of oil. You would be able to take a small volume new ac/dc say 60 ML and 2 Gm of flower, bake that @ 220 2 hrs and mix equal parts of the two together OR take 60 ML of existing ac/dc oil and cook it again with a small volume of flower. Just examples - the volumes could be anything.

How is Abigail doing with the Indica?

:hug:

How is Abigail doing with the Indica?
Started out pretty good, but she's had a couple of sleepless nights in a row now. I sprinkled a little of the leftover flower onto her nighttime snack the past couple of nights, so I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. With a non-verbal child, it's all just a guessing game, so it's tough to know for sure. Another thing I can't seem to get my mind off of is the fact that cannabis can increase the levels of Onfi in her blood. We got bloodwork before we started her on the cannabis, and we just took her yesterday for some follow-up bloodwork to compare the levels of Onfi in her system. My hunch is that the Onfi is what's making her sleepless and a little irritable. Hopefully the doc compares the blookwork pretty quick, and we can start dialing down the Onfi a bit. I dream of the day we can get her seizures under control and at complete homeostasis using only natural cannabis and good nutrition, and we have her completely off ALL pharmaceuticals. Of course, to ween off of these meds can sometimes takes several months - which in and of itself should tell you how harmful these meds can be!

So what would be the best process to make it ... slow cooker ...is there any links you have that would make good and decarbed oil ? The Cannabis I have is all dried and ready to glance I find the best process

Back
Top Bottom