Good day Sweetest Sue,

:hug:

Do you know the saturation points for Cannabis Infused Oils? Coconut, Olive and Grapeseed oils are the three I use the most when infusing. I assume there is a limit to the fatty acid bindings avalable in any volume of Oil. I desire to maximize the Cannibinoid content in the Oils, but not waste bud in the maximization process.

Peace
Keith

I dont know numbers, but I can share that after an easy strain (gravity) I have run a second extract with the wet mash with good results - sometimes I'll even change the oil from say olive to grapeseed or coconut.

Its worth doing especially if you dont use the mash in some way.

Not MackMcMacMac's.

That’s right. I was wondering about this too. The MB2 doesn’t decarb. Not enough heat. This means the oil was more acid cannabinoids. If that was as effective as decarbed I want to know. :battingeyelashes:

That’s right. I was wondering about this too. The MB2 doesn’t decarb. Not enough heat. This means the oil was more acid cannabinoids. If that was as effective as decarbed I want to know. :battingeyelashes:
Mack's wasn't even a MB2, it was an herbal infuser running 130-140º. I'd guess the only THC/CBD was there through natural degradation :). Someone here once said that running a decarb at lower temps is never going to decarb. The molecules need to reach at least certain temperature to go through conversion.

I dont know numbers, but I can share that after an easy strain (gravity) I have run a second extract with the wet mash with good results - sometimes I'll even change the oil from say olive to grapeseed or coconut.

Its worth doing especially if you dont use the mash in some way.

Thank you for this Oldbear. :hug:

Mack's wasn't even a MB2, it was an herbal infuser running 130-140º. I'd guess the only THC/CBD was there through natural degradation :). Someone here once said that running a decarb at lower temps is never going to decarb. The molecules need to reach at least certain temperature to go through conversion.

Next time, if I have enough buds, I'd like to make two batches, one decarbed and one not (of the same strain). It'd be good to know if the difference between them is noticeable by the end user.

MMMM when I'm experimenting I'lI use small batches - a couple grams. I just saturate the crumbled flower then cover it with tinfoil in my magic decarbing and extraction machine:

Heat from a toaster oven 220 minutes at 220 f does the trick for me. I dont mind if there isnt a 100% decarb - the acids do good things as well, and nothing is wasted..

I've tried it both ways, decarbed and not decarbed several times, and IMHO decarb really matters. There is always some THCa left after decarb, but the reports I get back are Decarboxylation provides more relief more than not Decarbing. I tried not to influence the opinion with fore knowledge of which batch was and which batch wasn't, but it's just my small random observation, not a double blind placebo study.

Peace
Keith

I’m recruiting friends to try some variations. My plan is to not tell them which ine they’re using.

The MB2 doesn’t decarb.

I did see an ad for a silicone decarb box with a oven thermometer probe in the top made by the MB machine folks. Of course there are many ways to do all this Oil making without specialized equipment, but the device did look like it would keep decarbing odors to a minimum., something important for people that can't just stink up their abode. Terpene retention might be another benefit, but many just reuse a turkey bag tied in a knot to seal.

Peace
Keith

Sunday Greetings! I want to make brownies with some mash but am a bit worried about the dosing.

I was trying to make 2 ounces of oil with 15 grams of ground bud for a gummy recipe, but I could only squeeze out 1 ounce :confused:. So the remaining ounce is in the mash.

This is what I'm figuring so please let me know if I'm ok with the math.

¤ My oil should be 30mg/ml from the spreadsheet by @Oldbear.
¤ I have one ounce (30 ml) in the mash.
¤ 30 ml oil at 30 mg each means the mash contains 900 mg THC.
¤ If I make 16 brownies, each will have 900/16 or 56.25 mg THC in each. o_O

That's way too high if my math is correct. Can y'all double check?

Shed what is the assumed thc% of the flowers?

Using 14% I get 15000 x .14 x .85 = 1785 mg total thc

1785 / 60 ml = 29.75 mg/ml

So the math is right. Actually they would be a bit stronger because by using the mash, you pick up the .15 processing loss in the transfer from plant to oil.

Back
Top Bottom