SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

In the spirit of transparency I'll admit that these three didn't get washed, just trimmed and cut from the branches into the bags. When I grow a plant that gets a foliar spray I always wash. If the plant got an inordinate amount of dust, I'll wash. If there's mold or pest I'll wash.

But these plants had pampered and protected lives with good air circulation, so I'm comfortable not washing them.

When I do wash I use a dilution of hydrogen peroxide, 3% - one 32 oz bottle to every 5 gallons of water - in the first bucket and follow with at least one rinse, if not two. Those rinses are clear water. All buckets are room temp water, so they can be set up the night before. I no longer use lemon juice or baking soda. I'm happier with a cleaner wash.

I hang upside down because you want the water to drip off the plants. The branches are cut to a length that'll fit the buckets without bouncing off the bottom or sides. For low and slo drying the buds are trimmed from the branches into the bags after 4 hours. That drying technique gives you the purest tasting product, IMO.

When I hang to dry I prefer to not wash the plant, but rather cut at the surface and hang upside down, removing only already dead or seriously necrotic leaves. In this way the fans embrace the buds and slow down the water loss, as well as protect the terpenes, to some extent.

I usually hang for 4 days to a week, depending on what the humidity is in my apartment. I store with Boveda packs, and I've learned what that 62-68% feels like. I trim when I jar.

Cobbing is done anywhere from harvest to two days later, using plants that're hanging, or buds dried a week low and slo.

Everybody finds their own techniques and processes Joe. It'll be interesting to look back at how you evolved after a few years.
I understand sue I was just asking to see if my ideas were at least on the same page as yours which they are .

I get a clean tent I am confused about your h202 method of washing . I mean it ain’t going to hurt it that’s for sure but I find lemon juice and baking soda to be a great clean . I did t personally see a difference when I used all three together my first time I did from just the juice and soda but meh. It’s liek you said I guess everyone has their own what works for them . Good read sue thank your always Beverly informative. I appreciate that.

Good Morning, SunShine,

Another cold icy day in the neighborhood, but that's just the weather.

I wanted to touch bases with you about liver cirrhosis. I found that healthy liver cells have very few CB1 receptors. As cirrhosis develops, CB1 and CB2 receptors increase a great amount, so it seems cannabis has plenty of opportunity to work there. Sorry for being so vague, but sifting through some biomedical jargon slows down the whole process, and understanding becomes difficult! I know you know this and you're probably far ahead of me on this. I just wanted to see if I could help. Spring hasn't sprung here yet, so I'm looking for things to do, lol. Ciao

Good Morning, SunShine,

Another cold icy day in the neighborhood, but that's just the weather.

I wanted to touch bases with you about liver cirrhosis. I found that healthy liver cells have very few CB1 receptors. As cirrhosis develops, CB1 and CB2 receptors increase a great amount, so it seems cannabis has plenty of opportunity to work there. Sorry for being so vague, but sifting through some biomedical jargon slows down the whole process, and understanding becomes difficult! I know you know this and you're probably far ahead of me on this. I just wanted to see if I could help. Spring hasn't sprung here yet, so I'm looking for things to do, lol. Ciao

Thank you Bode. :hug: Our plan is to ramp up her CBD consumption with whole-plant extractions as well as get a juicing garden started. My feeling is any canna juice I can get into her is a bonus. Make it high in CBDa and I’m even happier.

Spring took a detour in The Burgh too Bode. Lol! I’m out of eggs and I’m considering going out into the freezing and wet to grab some groceries. It’ll have to happen, but I think I’ll shower, meditate and prepare myself with a Carnival brownie before I make that trek.

Before I do that let me take a moment to say

Good morning everyone :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

That’s all for now. Lol! I was just feeling super affectionate. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Catch you all later. :ciao:

Just finished catching up yall... One question when you get to it Sue, that was only one CC yeah.... impressive yield... My future looks awesome in that case... Green Days... and good luck we getting the ice up here, vision for yah, old fat guy ass over tea kettle just to put sand down... Lol ouchy, well deserve smoothie now.... shoulda worn shoes not slippers llooll:peace:

Just finished catching up yall... One question when you get to it Sue, that was only one CC yeah.... impressive yield... My future looks awesome in that case... Green Days... and good luck we getting the ice up here, vision for yah, old fat guy ass over tea kettle just to put sand down... Lol ouchy, well deserve smoothie now.... shoulda worn shoes not slippers llooll:peace:

Lol! You’ll remember that next time, won’t you Hacker? We never got the ice they warned us about, and I’m hoping it’s not coming up soon....nope. Checked the weather forecast and no freezing temps for the day. Whew! I sure need some eggs and it wouldn’t have been pretty coming home in a sheet of ice.

Yes, that was 205 grams wet weight from one CBD CC. I checked my records and I’ve gotten a consistent amount from them all along. I make oil from them for our daily regimens. It’ll be nice to get a step ahead and allow me to take them too. For now I leave that oil for the daughter. It’d take a bit more than that to get us both on capsules again.

Got an Candide(?) high i CBD cooking in a corner. Got some high hopes for real pain relief from it. What's your experience with high CBD strains? Do they help more? I cant say high THC doesn't help, it does but you are always searching for that real relief. The strain I am most satisfied with now is AK-47.

That would depend on what relief you’re seeking CraZysWeeD. Chronic pain responds best to a 1:1 ratio. Anxiety and depression seem to respond best to more CBD in the mix. Seizures typically need anything from 8:1 to 20+:1 CBD:THC.

Cancer you usually go to higher THC, both in ratio and in concentration.

Mental and emotional healing is a minefield best approached with thoughtfulness and caution. It’s a good demonstration of why we start so low and increase doses so slowly. If things aren’t working you want to know at the earliest indicators.

Just about all the things that aren’t life-threatening seem to respond to equal balance or higher CBD values.

Got a little carried away there, didn’t I? Lol! I still haven’t made breakfast. Be right back. :battingeyelashes::love:

Good grief, I’m high! Walked all the way to the store and back in the gentle spring rain. The brownie really kicked in just a few minutes ago, right in the middle of that post.

Had to go back and make sure I hadn’t posted gibberish. :rofl:

Breakfast... I'm getting my dinner ready in the oven ... =)

I got cronic pain in my neck with three broke discs and some nervendings in jam there.
OUCH!!!!!!

That makes me hurt just thinking about it...... How did you get injured?? Wild night swinging from the chandelier?

I got cronic pain in my neck with three broke discs and some nervendings in jam there.

I feel your pain, bud. I had a cervical fusion in my neck two years ago to correct a herniation and stenosis, have degenerative disc disease in my lumbar area and spinal arthritis. Cannabis make it so that I can sleep at night without prescription meds.

OUCH!!!!!!

That makes me hurt just thinking about it...... How did you get injured?? Wild night swinging from the chandelier?

If that would be the case.... No, 2 years ago i was plowing snow at work with one of those bobcats, well actually a gehl but they are the same. I was plowing along and manage to get hold of one of those sewage lids in cast iron. It was driving in to a rock... So the machine went from 25km/h to zero in one sec. So i ran my head through the windshield, which is almost bulletproof. Blacked out for a few sec.

Got very strange symptoms apart from the pain. Dizziness and hard to concentrate, ringing sounds in my ears and so on... And the last year it's gone from bad to wors. Now i do 50% time at work. Lots of painkillers, Tiparol (opiod) and Lyrica (pregabalin). No fun at all. Get very nervous and anxious sometimes.

I feel your pain, bud. I had a cervical fusion in my neck two years ago to correct a herniation and stenosis, have degenerative disc disease in my lumbar area and spinal arthritis. Cannabis make it so that I can sleep at night without prescription meds.

Yes I hear that you in the states have easier to get corrections with this type of injuries. Lots of swedes go to the states to get these types of corrections. They just wont do it here....

Did the procedure help you any thing?

Yes the canna helps alot. But here its not legal, so if my employer got to know it I risk getting sacked....

Yes I hear that you in the states have easier to get corrections with this type of injuries. Lots of swedes go to the states to get these types of corrections. They just wont do it here....

Did the procedure help you any thing?

Yes the canna helps alot. But here its not legal, so if my employer got to know it I risk getting sacked....

In the for-profit healthcare market that we have here in the US, these surgeries tend to be fairly common these days. They are money makers, as well as doctors who prescribe pain meds. It’s a big business.

Now, there are legitimate reasons for being conservative about surgeries, especially considering that a lot of outcomes for servical intervention and non-surgical intervention are about the same after about two years. But surgery can sometimes get people out of severe pain quicker.

My surgery helped. I was losing sensation in both of my hands, as well as having severe neck pain from the herniated disc. Neck is now fine - mostly. It’s everything else that is fucked up. Lol

And it’s not legal where I am either. It makes me hesitant to change jobs, because we don’t do drug testing at my current job, but since I work in healthcare related field, it’s common for most employers to drug test.

If I had one wish it would be to have a complete and total end to employer drug testing. Upper management isn’t subjected to this in almost every company. Considering what we now know about how the body heals, to punish people for using cannabis smacks of a violation of our right to pursue a common good.

Make that two wishes. I want cannabis removed from the damned schedule.

In the for-profit healthcare market that we have here in the US, these surgeries tend to be fairly common these days. They are money makers, as well as doctors who prescribe pain meds. It’s a big business.

Now, there are legitimate reasons for being conservative about surgeries, especially considering that a lot of outcomes for servical intervention and non-surgical intervention are about the same after about two years. But surgery can sometimes get people out of severe pain quicker.

My surgery helped. I was losing sensation in both of my hands, as well as having severe neck pain from the herniated disc. Neck is now fine - mostly. It’s everything else that is fucked up. Lol

And it’s not legal where I am either. It makes me hesitant to change jobs, because we don’t do drug testing at my current job, but since I work in healthcare related field, it’s common for most employers to drug test.

I know your system and I can se our benefits also. But here they are so in on giving everybody the same and equal rights to medical treatment. They so no difference if you are a millioner or if you came from syria on a raft yesterday. That makes people here with work and insurance look at the states for help when they cant provide it here. Its sad, it took me almost two years even to get an MRI on my neck. My doctor laughs and says "what shall i do with you".... talk about a system down....

No we don't have drug test either on my work, i work in the community at the city waterplant. But the common thought about cannabis users are we are junkies and have NO place in our community......

Back
Top Bottom