Symbiotic Genetics & Others 2023 Summer Grow!

Thanks WH I took a look at that thread but its for LST and mostly with autos. These plants are a month old and will be put outside in another month. From which they will grow for another 4-5 months. I will do my best to train them once they are in the ground. But I wanted to get a head start on getting more of a bush like structure prior to that. Is it better to LST, top, or leave them be for now? Don't want to start tying them down when not in the final pot/location yea? Thanks for replying
No it’s not for just autos . The lst will give you a head start on making it bush out . The thread had 30 pages try going to the last page and back up ,Shed has more pics of his work. The only reason mine is a bush , she’d been topped over 75 times for clones .

Good day fellow cannabis enthusiasts I have a question for you all. My first seed starts are outgrowing their 1 gallon pots. I'm going to up pot in the next day or two as I'm watering basically every day right now. I will also be throwing the new seed starts in 1 gallon pots. I haven't yet topped them. My question for topping them is do/should I just top them at the highest node or can I top them a couple nodes down? I ask this because if I top a couple nodes down they remaining tops will be about the same height for a more even canopy. But I also assume if I top at the highest the others will catch up. Does it matter? One idea better than the other? Thanks
You can top them wherever you like but the most important part of getting a flat canopy is keeping the top two nodes flat while the lowers catch up. Then as each lower node reaches the top it gets held there until the nodes below it grow to that level, and so on.

That's how I do my plants:
20221226_161957 ALK topped and trained.jpg

20230108_153404 ALK after thinning.jpg

If you top down a few nodes you can try your hand at cloning that bit, but you'll obviously end up with fewer branches in the end.
Thanks WH I took a look at that thread but its for LST and mostly with autos. These plants are a month old and will be put outside in another month. From which they will grow for another 4-5 months. I will do my best to train them once they are in the ground. But I wanted to get a head start on getting more of a bush like structure prior to that. Is it better to LST, top, or leave them be for now? Don't want to start tying them down when not in the final pot/location yea? Thanks for replying
That thread is for photos or autos, but it's really for those just doing LST without topping. That's how I did this without topping (that's a 4' wide table and a 10 gallon pot).

You can top them wherever you like but the most important part of getting a flat canopy is keeping the top two nodes flat while the lowers catch up. Then as each lower node reaches the top it gets held there until the nodes below it grow to that level, and so on.

That's how I do my plants:
20221226_161957 ALK topped and trained.jpg

20230108_153404 ALK after thinning.jpg

If you top down a few nodes you can try your hand at cloning that bit, but you'll obviously end up with fewer branches in the end.

That thread is for photos or autos, but it's really for those just doing LST without topping. That's how I did this without topping (that's a 4' wide table and a 10 gallon pot).
Thanks for replying shed. Seems like I have some decisions to make! Thanks for the info both of you @InTheShed and @West Hippie . I don't really have a need for clones yet but I will when the outdoor season gets closer to the end. I usually clone my outdoor plants in July so I'll have plants to grow inside in the fall. And also to see which ones I want to keep around. Maybe I'll do half and half. Top 3 and LST 3 and compare. I'll post an update with the transplant/training in the next day or two! Thanks again!

That's an awesome 10 gallon plant shed. I'm putting 3 in the ground, maybe 4 if I think I have enough space. And the others will be in 45 gallon pots. So hoping for a bountiful harvest come croptober
I can't wait to see what those monsters are going to look like! I've seen many beauties here grown in the ground but can't recall anything in a 45g pot!
:popcorn:

Oh, @StoneOtter uses @GeoFlora Nutrients for his in-ground plants and they turn out lovely:

full

I can't wait to see what those monsters are going to look like! I've seen many beauties here grown in the ground but can't recall anything in a 45g pot!
:popcorn:

Oh, @StoneOtter uses @GeoFlora Nutrients for his in-ground plants and they turn out lovely:

full
I can't wait either but unfortunately I'm going to have too lol. My apologies, 45 gallon grow bag not pot. That is a beautiful ball of colas there @StoneOtter very nice! Maybe I should pick his brain for the Geoflora nutrients then.
Mostly everything I know about growing this plant comes from my cousin. When I was younger he would show me what he does and how he does it. I think he mostly just wanted me to help him trim but I can't complain as he gave me all I wanted to smoke on lol. He is actually the one who told me to start a grow journal on this site and I'm glad I did. But I still have a lot to learn

45 gallon grow bag not pot.
I knew that! :)
Maybe I should pick his brain for the Geoflora nutrients then.
Stop by either of his journals and he'll be happy to help. He's a sweetheart!

Update 4/6. Ayyy 420! The first seeds I started got up potted to 2 gallon pots haven't done any training or topping yet. Will probably do so this weekend. My dads/cousins plants got put in 1 gallons and my buddies are coming to pick up the rest. They were left in the solo cups as I am out of room in the tent pretty much. Will be glad to get them outta here soon so I can have some space back to fill up with my own plants. I did trim up some of the lower stuff on the bigger ones.

Tent shot when I got home from work after transplant this morning
B12CA3A1-4502-4F1F-B7FD-339D8F77DBCF.jpeg

4/13: what's up 420 hope you all are doing well. I topped the bigger plants like 5-6 days ago and you can really see the difference with the lower growth catching up. I haven't done individual pictures in a while so I will try and get some this weekend. I snapped a quick pick of the tent a little while ago. Got a couple of update items on the list for this grow id like to fill you in on!

First thing my dad/cousin should be picking up their plants on Saturday so that will give me back some much needed space. It's quite crowded in there at the moment. I'll get 8 plants out of there so that will be nice.

Secondly my cousin started some white widow plants around the same time I did and said he would bring me one. I've never grown white widow before or know much about it. I remember my mom talking about it years ago as a pretty potent strain, one they used in a lot of modern day crosses. So we will see!

Third, we are about 3 weeks or so away from moving some of the plants outside! I have the hoop house built most of the way, I just need to order some plastic to get it ready for the grow season. I'll also get some pics on the progress of that as well.

Next I noticed my cbd express (dr Quinn) is really throwing out some serious pistils. I'm really hoping she's not starting to flower. I have my light set on 15 hours a day since most of these plants will be going outside so I know that could be a possibility. My only other thought was that it could be the auto version? Or possibly it's just making sure I know she's a girl I dunno. Something to keep my eye on before moving outside.

Lastly, I'm a big sports guy and I was wondering if you guys/gals would be interested in having a plant draft with me to help me decide which ones you would like to see grown outside to see what they can really do. I'll post pics of each one and we can all vote for our favorites and see if they get a spot in the yard. 3-4 will be in the ground and the others in grow bags. I think it would be fun. Anyways, cheers!
FD1F5E0C-68C3-474E-93FC-2A9F2FE1008D.jpeg

What's up 420 sorry it's been a minute since my last update. Starting a new job and coaching my kids have taken up most of my time lately. I got a bunch of pics of the girls so this will mostly be a photo dump spread out over a few posts. Hope everyone is well and outdoor season is right around the corner! I've been doing some training trying to get a more even canopy. Some are going better than others but I haven't spread them out as much as I want to yet because tent space is limited. I'll get to do more once they are put outside

Let's start off with Tiffany
IMG_4691.jpeg
IMG_4692.jpeg

Then her counterpart Karen
IMG_4701.jpeg
IMG_4702.jpeg

now up we have a white widow plant my cousin gave me (also needs to be named)

IMG_4703.jpeg
IMG_4704.jpeg

Updates on the rest. Most of the other plants went to their new homes with family and friends. CBD Express plant Dr.Quinn went outside as she started to flower. As did my other Honey Banana plant. So they will finish up out there. I'm hoping the other 2 cbd seeds I started don't follow the same path as I would really like to grow one full season outdoor.

Dr.Quinn

image.jpg

Last up we have the 2 CBD Express and 1 more Rollina plants that I started later. They were just topped a few days ago and put in 2 gallon pots. Not sure if any of these will make the cut for outdoor but time will tell

IMG_4706.jpeg

Then full tent shot

IMG_4690.jpeg

As of right now my outdoor lineup is as follows

1) Tiffany -Tahoe Brunch
2) Karen - Tahoe Brunch
3) Cardi B - Rollina
4) Nikki - Rollina
5) Honey Banana #1
6) White Widow

This could change if I think one of the CBD Express seeds won't flower on me. But I'm happy with the strains I am growing either way! Hope all of you are doing well and I'll be around to catch up with your journals soon. Still need to put the plastic on the hoop house and get my area ready. I am planning on moving them outside the first or second week of May!

They're all looking lush and green Valley, nicely done!
I am planning on moving them outside the first or second week of May!
What light timing are they on now? I have seen a lot of plants go into flower early and reveg if the difference between indoor light hours and daylight hours is significant. Even 20/4 to 15/9 can trigger most plants to start flowering.

They're all looking lush and green Valley, nicely done!

What light timing are they on now? I have seen a lot of plants go into flower early and reveg if the difference between indoor light hours and daylight hours is significant. Even 20/4 to 15/9 can trigger most plants to start flowering.
They have been on 15/9 since the start. I know what you are saying I've had issues in the past going from 18/6 to outside. The 2 that have started flowering already probably wouldn't have made the transition so I'm glad to have done it this way to hopefully eliminate that issue. May 8th is the first day with 14 hours of sunlight. So I might have to give them an extra hour for the first month but they should be good after that!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom