Still budding :ganjamon: i love this stage

EC 1.99 PPM 1393
PH 5.8

Everything is fine

20140920_195847.jpg

20140920_195912.jpg

Still love u all

T.

Those buds are looking mighty fine Tad. Do you have any recent pics of her roots? Are they still pearly white?

To skunny - Congrats on the nomination for MOTM!! You provide a lot of good, solid info to members seeking help. Keep up the good work!

Great work buddy, looks like it snowed on your plants. How do they smell? Nice sweet classic indica scent???

Those buds are looking mighty fine Tad. Do you have any recent pics of her roots? Are they still pearly white?

To skunny - Congrats on the nomination for MOTM!! You provide a lot of good, solid info to members seeking help. Keep up the good work!

1. Thanks a lot Mrs C Sprite, as i've tied down few arms using the lid and the tank now it's hard to open. BUT i can say they are not as white as they were. I had an electricity failure during 12 hours and only 12 hours without water and just exposed to ambient air they start to turn a bit brown. A Single oxidation and bye bye white lovely root.

2. Well said !!!

Thanks C Sprite, helping people gives me immense pleasure so for it to be recognised is very humbling.

Be proud of you buddy, as i am, as we are :)

Great work buddy, looks like it snowed on your plants. How do they smell? Nice sweet classic indica scent???

Thanks a lot Kraw, it starts to smell crazy :) when i open the grow box. And i really don't know yet as i need to run few sativas to compare :ganjamon: i'll answer you one day.

I can see the sticky nature of those girls. :drool:
Looks good, keep up the great work!!!

Will start flushing this week end for the last two weeks, just tap water and ppm 0,XX.

I've been reading that few persons run the last 10 days in the dark for a last stress. did one of you ever tried this ?

Few pics :
20140925_175426.jpg

20140925_175453.jpg

With love

T

Will start flushing this week end for the last two weeks, just tap water and ppm 0,XX.

I've been reading that few persons run the last 10 days in the dark for a last stress. did one of you ever tried this ?

20140925_175426.jpg

20140925_175453.jpg

With love

T

Flushing so soon? Just asking is all since I haven't grown this strain before.

What is your amber percentage?

As always, it's your gurl so do what you like.

As far as the darkness thingy...only heard mention if it and I believe it was debunked.

I ran the lights normal in my last grows....12/12.

She still looks frosty as hell.

Studies have been done regarding the dark period whether it be 48 hours or 4 days with little varying results.
They look really good though man, great job.

Flushing so soon? Just asking is all since I haven't grown this strain before.

What is your amber percentage?

As always, it's your gurl so do what you like.

As far as the darkness thingy...only heard mention if it and I believe it was debunked.

I ran the lights normal in my last grows....12/12.

She still looks frosty as hell.

i'll have a microscope soon so i'll tell you, my reflexion is based on what breeder says, 8 weeks flowering from the first pistils and i was exactly on the 08-17-2014. So i'm ending week 6 and think i need to flush for at least two weeks .?

Flushing for two weeks sound long but what do I know...LOL.

Last grow I used the hot water method with good results and since I don't spray anything on my plants there was no concern with any unusual taste.

8 weeks is just a guideline. I have been judging by the amber percentage.

Lets go back to class for a min....

Clear, Cloudy and Amber.

Clear, THC is just beginning to be produced.
Cloudy, THC is present but a waste to smoke at this point...IMO...LOL. Well actually a high percent of cloudy is good...say 75% and better.
Amber, THC levels are climbing

Cloudy with 25% amber head high, 50% moving on to body high and 50-75% couch lock. I would never go to 75% because your THC levels begin to drop at that point.

How'd I do...LOL.

How to know when to harvest.
This was written by oregongrown on my old site...

The essential facts of timing your harvest

You've managed to make it to the end. You've maintained your plants well, now it's getting closer to harvest time, and you're wondering just how and when to harvest and dry those beautiful buds. Hopefully I can give you some insight into how this can be successfully done; the do's and dont's of proper harvesting and curing. First, lets take a look at the harvest side of things.

Timing of your harvest is critical! Harvesting at maximum ripeness is the key. In my experience, there is usually a five to seven day window when the Cannabis plant will be at maximum ripeness. To understand this, you will need a jeweler’s loupe, or magnifying lens, light optional. I would recommend a power of 30x or better, but you can get by with less. A greater magnification makes it much easier to see the trichome heads at the top of the stalked resin glands.

Resin gland color, potency, and type of high

Gland color will vary with ripeness of the individual THC glands, starting at clear, turning to milky, then turning to an amber color. There may be some exceptions, such as some of the Blue strains and Blackberry. These will have darker, sometimes purple gland heads. But by far and large, these three steps of ripeness will exist with the vast majority of strains on the market. The first stage, clear, will tend to make for a more cerebral, up high, with very little body effect. Harvesting at this stage when little if any trichomes are milky yet, can be tricky. Harvesting too early can make for a beautiful plant that will not have much psychoactive capability! THC needs to "mature" to be able to pass its psychoactive capabilities down to the smoker. This is why I always recommend waiting until 50% of the trichomes hit the second stage: milky or creamy. At this point, you will definitely have a plant which has reached its genetic potential.

The milky trichomes have some "cerebral" qualities, as well as some of the more "physical" characteristics of the high. The last stage, amber, brings on a more sedative, physical stone. If this is what you're looking for, than I would recommend a sativa/indica cross, or an indica dominant plant. Amber trichomes seem to ruin a sativa high if the plant goes too long. The below photo is a good example of a ripe plant: at least 50% of the gland heads have turned "milky," some heads are still clear, and a few are amber. This plant was harvested two days later.

Many times you'll read from new growers, "My hairs are 50% changed to brown or red, looks like its ready to come down." Calyx hairs turning color is one thing, calyx hairs withering, is another. When they have withered, they are for the most part, as ripe as they will get. But just turning red/brown does not necessarily mean the plant is ready. Calyx hairs are just an indicator that the plant is ripening, not necessarily ripe yet. I have taken full Indica strains with 60% hairs turned, and sativas when 90% hairs have turned, and they were all at peak ripeness. The trichome color is the only true indicator!

When using a magnifying glass or loupe to determine ripeness, you’re examining the resin glands on the buds for signs of maturity and/or decay. During flowering, these glands start out small and increase in size as they fill with resin. As they near maturity, the head of the gland will begin to expand and it will start to look like a tiny mushroom. This is the first sign that they’re nearing the point of diminishing returns. This is the point at which production of fresh THC laden resin has slowed and is equal to the rate of decay of THC into CBD.

The decay of THC is accompanied by a change in the color of the resin from clear to amber. This is the other sign of ripeness that can only be determined by magnification. What you’re looking for is the point at which the production of fresh resin is still just barely outpacing the decay. It’s impossible to know the exact moment. You just need to keep checking and go with your gut. 30 power magnification is enough to make the call, but 100 power would be easier to see clearly. You can find a loupe online by searching for jeweler supplies on any search engine.

How to know when to harvest.
This was written by oregongrown on my old site...

Um...I think I said that but a shorter version...LOL.

But good read Kraw. I actually have that full journal I pulled years ago when I began this journey and was and still is good read for the beginner.

I posted it because some of your facts are off, for example amber trichomes dont mean THC is increasing, it means the trichome is mature. You shouldn't post help if your unsure of its relevance.

Also, cloudy or milky trichomes aren't a waste to harvest at this point, or smoke as you put it. When trichomes are at a cloudy or milky state they are at its peak potency, from this point is when you would decide what type of high (energetic/couch locking) you wish to have strain dependent of course. I harvest at 5 - 10% amber for a euphoric energetic high, as some people harvest at say 50% amber for more of a couch locking, sleep inducing high. I would NOT recommend waiting much longer than at this point to harvest as you will notice trichomes start to turn dark or black meaning the trichome has passed peak maturity and has now degraded.

Also, cloudy or milky trichomes aren't a waste to harvest at this point, or smoke as you put it. When trichomes are at a cloudy or milky state they are at its peak potency, from this point is when you would decide what type of high (energetic/couch locking) you wish to have strain dependent of course. I harvest at 5 - 10% amber for a euphoric energetic high, as some people harvest at say 50% amber for more of a couch locking, sleep inducing high. I would NOT recommend waiting much longer than at this point to harvest as you will notice trichomes start to turn dark or black meaning the trichome has passed peak maturity and has now degraded.

We are still talking about the same thing. Let's not take over someone else's journal with a pointless back and forth. I've earned my time here and was just poking fun. You seem to take a direct approach of copying someone else's information.

I did say good share by the way...

And also stated....IMO... And didn't come across as a know-it-all. I posed it as a question and open to conversation.

Sorry Tad for taking over your journal.

Back
Top Bottom