Scrogging The Big Girls

Outstanding! I can't imagine not growing in a scrog now that I've done it. I seriously recommend it to all that have small grow areas that are looking to max their grows. Thanks for all the hard work you put in for all of us.

The goal is to top them 40+ times in there 9 months veg time to get them girls to grow 80+ BUDS.. Never know when you got to share some with a friend. Most of you know getting a pound+ from a indoor plant looks easy but a hole lot of work to get them there. Its not just putting a thousand watt light over them and flip your wand and a pound pops out only in harry pothead that happens. The most important thing besides training is get the nuts down on point. Any mishap and you can cut your yield in half or worse. I know most of you know this but I am super medicated and thought I would say this for the newer growers out here. I find even though I have said things many times they get berried over time in my work to help others. Sorry for dragging on this THC Bomb is freaking outstanding in the bong. If you have not tried the Bomb strains You got my approval is that means anything. Have a good one keep it growing green...

Always good to get reminded to do the basics right.
It is easy to get lost with all that new stuff. :passitleft:

Very good as usual. Never a wasted trip to ur threads. Love the close ups of the recent FIM. I am getting ready to do that same thing so thank you for the extra info and pics.

~K~:Namaste::thanks::thumb:

Thank you my friend. The feed back keeps my fire going.

Outstanding! I can't imagine not growing in a scrog now that I've done it. I seriously recommend it to all that have small grow areas that are looking to max their grows. Thanks for all the hard work you put in for all of us.

True words spoken from a wise man..

Always good to get reminde
d to do the basics right.
It is easy to get lost with all that new stuff. :passitleft:

Even I forget some times.

Thank you all for stopping by. All you here on 420mag Are like my big growing family. Keeping your mind open to new things in our grows can get us just a little closer to our goals. Keep sharing info you know to your fellow growers. I wish you all bowls full of goodness.. :roorrip:

A power brake down between cfl,hps,led to do the same amount of growth.

Veg
CFL 43 Watts
MH 33 Watts
LED 23 Watts

Flower
CFL 65 Watts
HPS 50 Watts
LED 35 Watts

A power brake down between cfl,hps,led to do the same amount of growth.

Veg
CFL 43 Watts
MH 33 Watts
LED 23 Watts

Flower
CFL 65 Watts
HPS 50 Watts
LED 35 Watts

I know I'm new and all, but that seems really low. Makes me kind of proud of my 150W CFL. You've been doing this longer as your posts clearly show you to be an expert among experts. Just my opinion mind you. Can you break down why that low wattage works? Is it the long veg time? And do you flower them for 9 months? Is it the variety of bulbs? I MUST know your secrets!!

I just did a good trim and top to my 2 and am wondering when is it time to do it again. I understand the first time should be between the 3rd and 5th node? I took mine at #4 I believe. I also topped all the side shoots that had at least 3 nodes. Maybe a couple were only double, but you get the idea. I have my last count at 8 nodes per plant or so. They are kind of tight in the space, so I may have either missed or double counted. I trimmed all the fan leaves from the main stalk. Can I do the same to the side shoots? And when is it too much. I've seen some pretty aggressive training styles used and am trying to optimize my grow for the space I'm in. I was thinking I could go through and top each one once more and end up close to 40 tops. And all the grow sites in between. I am doing a scrog, but I was recently introduced to "Fluxing" by Light Addict's threads. Very interesting, very interesting indeed. While I would Not try such an aggressive training approach, could I use the same sort of aggressive trimming he employs. I realize this is probably a question for Light Addict himself, but I am confident in any advice you would offer as well. I will be sure to ask him, but the thread was so long and I didn't finish reading it, and anyways, I'm asking you. :) I've seen some of your videos and you've got the handle on trimming and the different methods. I wish I lived in CO so I could come by ur shop. You have a shop don't you? I think I remember in one of the scrogging videos you said you supply a dispensary or whatever. Maybe I got you confused.

So, yeah, I am loving the trimming results and just wanted to pick your brain on how aggressive I can get with it. Love you thread and am checking it daily. Been an invaluable tool as well as your Youtube channel. Take care and good tokes!!

~K~:Namaste::adore::laughtwo:

I know I'm new and all, but that seems really low. Makes me kind of proud of my 150W CFL. You've been doing this longer as your posts clearly show you to be an expert among experts. Just my opinion mind you. Can you break down why that low wattage works? Is it the long veg time? And do you flower them for 9 months? Is it the variety of bulbs? I MUST know your secrets!!

I just did a good trim and top to my 2 and am wondering when is it time to do it again. I understand the first time should be between the 3rd and 5th node? I took mine at #4 I believe. I also topped all the side shoots that had at least 3 nodes. Maybe a couple were only double, but you get the idea. I have my last count at 8 nodes per plant or so. They are kind of tight in the space, so I may have either missed or double counted. I trimmed all the fan leaves from the main stalk. Can I do the same to the side shoots? And when is it too much. I've seen some pretty aggressive training styles used and am trying to optimize my grow for the space I'm in. I was thinking I could go through and top each one once more and end up close to 40 tops. And all the grow sites in between. I am doing a scrog, but I was recently introduced to "Fluxing" by Light Addict's threads. Very interesting, very interesting indeed. While I would Not try such an aggressive training approach, could I use the same sort of aggressive trimming he employs. I realize this is probably a question for Light Addict himself, but I am confident in any advice you would offer as well. I will be sure to ask him, but the thread was so long and I didn't finish reading it, and anyways, I'm asking you. :) I've seen some of your videos and you've got the handle on trimming and the different methods. I wish I lived in CO so I could come by ur shop. You have a shop don't you? I think I remember in one of the scrogging videos you said you supply a dispensary or whatever. Maybe I got you confused.

So, yeah, I am loving the trimming results and just wanted to pick your brain on how aggressive I can get with it. Love you thread and am checking it daily. Been an invaluable tool as well as your Youtube channel. Take care and good tokes!!

~K~:Namaste::adore::laughtwo:

I think I should have broke that down a little more. That is true wall watts per sfq and about the middle level for a good yield. Not what they watts they say unless its mh and hps. So let use cfl as a break down in a grow. So lets say we have a 5'x5' area. That is 25sqf total. So for veg you would want around 1075 true wall watts. So lets say the cfl says its a 100 watt but look at the draw and it says 35watt. 35watt is the number to go buy aka true watts. Ok now flower. 25 sqf = 1625 true wall watts.
So lets look at who would pay the most to grow at 25 sqf in flower.
CFL 1625
HPS 1250
LED 875
In my opinion (now please don't take this as a attack) if You as a grower get up too a 4sqf grow I would be running ether a 600watt hps or 420 true wall watt led aka 800watt or 900 watt. It comes down to gpw and knowing all your true cost to keep extra money coming out of your pocket when growing. Every extra cost makes bud $ that much more. I hope I am making this post easy to understand. I know some growers are growing with what they got and much respect for that. I am just trying to get some of you to see how to use numbers to help your cost go down and bud weight go up. I will not get into growing style on this. Ok now back to your post. You talked about topping. After 3-4 nodes you can top as much as you like. Now I will have to say I like to allow a node or two between them for two main reasons. One, is it allows time for the plant to heal and regrow, Two it to allow space between shoots where the buds are going to develop. Now on to your fan leaf? This is one of the do this don't do this topic for many growers. I am all for lolly popping aka trimming all from the lower stalk. Now fan leafs up top. I am not a (fan lol) of all on trimming them for two main reason once again. Number one, that is the are your plant brings in co2 and stores it which is huge part of plant growth and getting good yields. Let me talk co2 for a second before moving on to my number two reason. as you know there is a average of 500+ppm of co2 in the air. Now for some growers trying to get 20+% more weight, Using extra co2 up to around 1200ppm is they way too boost growth big time. Now by you trimming off some of the top fan leafs you are really cutting back on its intake which happens only when lights are on. When lights go off the plant now takes the co2 that it stored and starts using it. I feel no need to get all into this and just trying to make this simple to understand. You can see by looking at every cannabis pant it likes to grow a fan leaf per node which will be located right below each shoot where a flower can develop. Ok back to post. My second reason is it is also a main storage for nuts the plant is taking in. Like the saying more roots more fruits it is also more nute storage and co2 the more fruit. They all go hand in hand to make good cannabis. Now they only can become a problem is they shadow a bud site you are trying to grow up top. Is you look you will see in most case's the stem is long enough you can gently tuck it out of the way to allow light to hit bud site underneath. That is the way I prefer to deal with the fan leaf ad in my words aka storage leaf. If you see most of the time in my flowers I count on my fan leafs to supply the plant the npk needed in the last to weeks or so too keep the plant alive while I am flushing. Without enough fan leafs you will see plant turn all yellow and buds can start to die along with plant to early. I hope this makes you see more understanding if not already knowing. When do I know if I trimmed too much??? Well simple, the plant dies... Ok I try and keep to a max of trimming only up to 20% of the plants size at one time then letting it heal before round two. You do not what to over stress the plant and most of the time it wont die but it will slow growth way down and can cause many other problems. If in veg you can do it any time you want but when in flower is where it gets a little tricky. I like to do it around day 20-24. In most case's that is the last time I will trim off any sucker shoots and I only do up too 10% being very very careful not to stress her. Now on the last week of flower I have trimmed off some of the lower fans and small growth. I really do not see much extra bud growth but man it helps when it comes time to harvest lol. Sorry for the long post but hey its my b day and I am feeling good. Well by the time I post this it will be 12/13 a day past my B day lol. Yes I own two shops but closed one with some b.s that went down with building owners But have moved it to another location sense. That was a year ago. I do not want to forget to thank you for stopping by and also for taking your time to watch my videos. I appreciate your support and all my other growers here as well.

WOW
just
WOW :bravo:

Hey there Cronic. Always good to see you stopping by my friend.

What he said.......

Thank you I appreciate you stooping by

man awesome so far CO! Amazing really!! in till the end :)

Thank you. It is a long history I have with these plants..

Subd, this is a very interest resting journal! Great selection! :goodjob:

Thank you. I am almost at 31 flavors which is my goal..

Right on brother!! That pretty much answered everything I was questioning. Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I knew some of it, just need confirmation. Some of it was not aware of so I will be aware in the future. Thank you for the info and no worries on how ling it was. Happy birthday brother!! I hope it was a good one.

~K~:thanks::Namaste::party::happy-birthday::party::woohoo:

Thank you Khraevyn. Before I sign off for the night to get back to trimming and tying my girls in veg here is a few pic of the girls in flower that just turned 2 weeks old in flower. Keep it growing green my friends. :passitleft:

20141212_230138.jpg
20141212_230126.jpg
20141212_230105.jpg

Here is some pic of the little nug THC Bomb that was from the last grow. I called her one of the cab drivers that was in the middle of the two scrog nets. She was a test grow and now the mother is in the scrog on the right.

20141213_013936.jpg
20141213_014011.jpg
20141213_014333.jpg

Wow that's a hell of a THC Bomb nug, especially from being a 'cabdriver' lol. I have a feeling your dispensary would be one of the few around Denver that I'd REALLY enjoy. I also enjoyed your long response to Khraevyn and I hope your birthday kicked ass :) :cheer:

Wow that's a hell of a THC Bomb nug, especially from being a 'cabdriver' lol. I have a feeling your dispensary would be one of the few around Denver that I'd REALLY enjoy. I also enjoyed your long response to Khraevyn and I hope your birthday kicked ass :) :cheer:

Thank you. Nice to see you stooping by. My shops are not dispensary's. I would like to have a small one but my part of CO will not allow one to open. My shops are tobacco shops aka cigar shops. One of my stores has been around for 19 years in March it turns 20!! Have a good weekend.

Oh. Right. I'm getting a deja vu moment lol, I swear I asked that in your super monster scrog journal. :lot-o-toke:

Yep, hey I'm a stoner. with buds like that THC Bomb can you blame me for trying again haha :)

Back
Top Bottom