Tales From The Krip!

Dang! I just thought of the name "Grand Slam" for the PTK x Forbidos cross but it's already a strain by Dungeouns Vault Genetics (never heard of 'em!) that's a cross of American Pie x Grandpa's Breath. :rolleyes:
Forbidden kush?

And who the hell names a strain Grandpas breath?? What does it smell like butterscotch and Skoal? :rofl:

MINOR SURGERY ON PTK #3

I've been numbering the PTK's as they emerge and noticed something real funny with PTK #3. When it popped, it had no shell and it looked like, either no top, at all, or just a single, very light colored cotyledon.

It actually took me a few minutes to realize, "hey, I think that might be the taproot?" :hmmmm:

So, I did a little excavation and, sure enough, she had sprouted COMPLETELY upside-down with her taproot sticking in the air and her helmet, still on, firmly planted in the ground! :rolleyes:

So, I dug her out, flipper her over, and re-planted her back up just to the depth of the helmet. I'm pretty sure the taproot will find it's way from here! :goodluck:

I really should have taken a pic cuz' I've never seen a seed sprout with its taproot in the air and shell rooted, but was too stunned and feeling "rushed" to even think about the camera, at the time! :laugh:

Happy Harvests!

K

Jack Daniels and Grandma thats to good lmao!! I have a Grandpa's Breath x Gelato in flower right now and it smells weird as hell. Its un like anything I have ever smelled.

Jack Daniels and Grandma thats to good lmao!! I have a Grandpa's Breath x Gelato in flower right now and it smells weird as hell. Its un like anything I have ever smelled.
:rofl:I was trying to figure it out as well...
But we have our grandpa(Tokin) here, we can ask his wife what his breath smells like :laugh:

I remember my 1st seeds I planted, I had one come up taproot 1st. If you left it alone that taproot would have done a 180 and went back down into the soil and the top of the sprout would come up pulling the shell off. It's pretty cool to see.

Yeah, I'm sure that, at some point, the "gravitropism" would have kicked in and she would have flipped, assuming the taproot didn't dry out first, which was my main concern even after I corrected the issue and re-planted her.

I was also concerned over timing. In order to do this "right", I need to flip the breeding cabinet to 12/12 right around March 15th, or so. If I miss that timing, I'll either have to delay the next main round or delay the breeding which means I need to have a viable PTK male by then. Having had only two show and #3 being at risk, I was a little concerned I'd have a male.

But, I'm happy to report that, as of this morning, we have all four PTK seeds sprouted and above ground, including #3! I think my chances are pretty good with four reg seeds of at least one of them being male!:yahoo:

First of all congrats on the title buddy! Well deserved win! Glad you got your 4 PTKs to come up!

Dang! I just thought of the name "Grand Slam" for the PTK x Forbidos cross but it's already a strain by Dungeouns Vault Genetics (never heard of 'em!) that's a cross of American Pie x Grandpa's Breath. :rolleyes:

DVG has a few flagship strains that have done really well. Their Citrus farmer and Brandywine are their two big strains they released. At one point they were giving a 6 pack of each of them out with a purchase of any pack. I almost jumped on it but did not have money. They also had that deal and a full pack of something else and I was super tempted to jump on it. Some people really like their gear others cant stand them. I have not grown any of their gear out so i cannot say one way or another. I will say i would like to grow some of their Grandpa Breath crosses out. I think that in itself is Grand Daddy Purple crossed to one of the breath strains.

Forbidden kush?

And who the hell names a strain Grandpas breath?? What does it smell like butterscotch and Skoal? :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I was thinking Jack Daniels & Grandma! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MINOR SURGERY ON PTK #3

I've been numbering the PTK's as they emerge and noticed something real funny with PTK #3. When it popped, it had no shell and it looked like, either no top, at all, or just a single, very light colored cotyledon.

It actually took me a few minutes to realize, "hey, I think that might be the taproot?" :hmmmm:

So, I did a little excavation and, sure enough, she had sprouted COMPLETELY upside-down with her taproot sticking in the air and her helmet, still on, firmly planted in the ground! :rolleyes:

So, I dug her out, flipper her over, and re-planted her back up just to the depth of the helmet. I'm pretty sure the taproot will find it's way from here! :goodluck:

I really should have taken a pic cuz' I've never seen a seed sprout with its taproot in the air and shell rooted, but was too stunned and feeling "rushed" to even think about the camera, at the time! :laugh:

Happy Harvests!

K
You and me both

Back
Top Bottom