Tangerine Dream - Violator Kush - Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Starting my 6th grow soon. This batch will have a few new strains.

2x - Afghan Kush - Regular - White Label
2x - Heavy Duty Fruity - Regular - TH Seeds
- Original Skunk #1 - Regular - Seedsman
- Grapegod - Regular - Next Generation

Unfortunately, all sprouted within 72hours except the Skunk #1. This is the first time a seed I bought did not sprout. Oh well, glad to see the rest made it. These will be documented in the 5th grow.

Got the room temp down to 77F, which is quite cold. I like it at 82F.

Harvested the last 3 SLH main colas, will let the rest of the lower buds develop for till the fresh buds are dried. Then I'll chop them off. An extra week does put on some extra weight.

Unfortunately, all sprouted within 72hours except the Skunk #1. This is the first time a seed I bought did not sprout. Oh well, glad to see the rest made it. These will be documented in the 5th grow.

Got the room temp down to 77F, which is quite cold. I like it at 82F.

Harvested the last 3 SLH main colas, will let the rest of the lower buds develop for till the fresh buds are dried. Then I'll chop them off. An extra week does put on some extra weight.

Glad to see things are moving along friend, I am getting ready myself for the chop on most of my girls. I really underestimated how fast the kandy kush was, all the rest have at least another 2 weeks to go as far as the clones (will be chopping the rest of my girls this weekend I am hoping) but the kk is looking like shes ready to go with the rest of my big girls that were flipped a good week or more before the kk and the rest of the clones.

I know very well the TD is gonna be going longer than the rest of this batch but thats ok, all I want is a nice taste of the KK, VK and TD to see whats worth buying seeds for another grow, I think for yield the TD is definitely going to be worth another shot at growing her. The KK is an amazingly fast flowering girl in comparison to the rest. Sadly last night, I decided that the mother plants and clones of everything I have flowering, basically everything in my veg room needed to head on over to the afterlife before their time and be chopped down to create a space for me to put my girls that I just chopped in and be able to keep out of the light and all that. I havent been able to set up my new 4x8 tent yet (thats what I ended up getting anyhow, along with 2 1k HPS lights in XXXL hoods) due to the dumpster I ordered being 5 days late, so I havent had the space to get it setup properly yet and the other clones are gonna need some more time as I mentioned so I wont be able to use the tent they are in, I was trying to come up with a solution that wouldnt require me murdering my vanilla kush and kandy kush mothers along with all those nice clones I had but thats what it had to be. There is also a little more to that situation which is they have been stressed and just abused a little too much to be mother plants that I didnt need to worry about not to mention they were from feminized seed. That really doesnt matter but I just want to get some solid genetics from regular seed for mothers and I plan to pick mothers that stand out rather than I got stuck with them because I couldnt get a flowering setup put together fast enough due to lack of funds. Although I will say they would have been able to provide 100's of clones a month but there was a pest and parasite part to that equation that I didnt want to take a chance with on the new seeds I plan to pop. I had nothing that would indicate I had pests or any of that but they were getting older, they have been neglected at times on top of stressed. I am starting an entire new grow from zero so I figured why not do it right, I know its going to put me without some bud for a little longer than I want but I think it will be just long enough to make people crave the next batch, LOL.... so hopefully it will work out like i want it to.

Also, I never ended up getting the EJ stuff. When I went to purchase my tent and lights etc.... the place I went to was another one that advertised earth juice products, and even actually told me over the phone that they had the "whole line" and of course when I get there they are trying to sell me some other bullshit that I wouldnt be able to get at my local place, not to mention they only had EJ PH up and down...WTF with that man, everyone does that shit, having one thing made by a company gives them the right to advertise it I guess but they shouldnt have told me that when I specifically told them that I was coming from a good 2 hours away to get there. But I will say the price on the tent made up for it, it was miles away from what you got yours for but it was $150-175 cheaper than the shop thats 1/2 hour away from me that I normally go to so it was worth it for that. Ordering big things like that online is tough for me because I cant send it to my house, its too hot sending it here as there are way too many people that see what comes and goes so I need to be able to bring things here when I know no one is around.

So how is our lovely RD coming along? Are you curing her yet or you beyond that and I missed it? Any new smoke reports?

Anyhow, nice to see you are moving along nice as well, I am extra excited to start a new grow from the ground up myself. I will be popping 4 agent orange, 8 jilly bean and 8 querkle this go around. If I am lucky, 10 will be female, I'm hoping I get at least that many fems. If not oh well, I'll have to plant more. The only reason I am saving 2 of the others is just so I have a few of each strain to go back to in case those strains are discontinued or something. Once I see how many of those I mentioned turn out, I will probably do the sour diesel if I decide not to go clone crazy with the AO, JB and querkle which I probably will do at least a few runs to fill the 4x4 with, this time I will only be doing 1 strain at a time as far as clones. The biggest mistake I made was doing so many different strains, its just not a good thing for me. I am partially doing this as a commercial op so having only small amounts of different strains isnt the way to go for me. The 2L bottle clones look like they will be putting out a good 1/2 zip each if they are half as dense as I hope, that method is really nice for production.

I will be setting up my 4x8 to grow all the strains I mentioned above, then I will use the 4x4 to blow out 2L clone runs once I figure out what seeds are the phenos to look for and save for a few clone runs. I know I said I wont be hanging on to mothers but I will be using some of those as temp mothers. I want to try and focus on 1 or 2 strains instead of going strain crazy like I did last time and learn those 1 or 2 best I can and figure out how to get the most out of them over the course of a few flowering sessions.

The one strain that I should have spent the $250+ or whatever it is on for a 10 pack of regular seeds is jack herer from sensi. The other company white label or whatever it is that is actually sensi but just their strains that dont have as much work into, sells a cheaper version of jack but I would like to think that the extra $150 cost is there for a reason, from what I read about the company and that strain from then (they are the originators of the original jack herer strain) is worth the extra $ so I think my next bigger seed order will include a pack of those.

Sorry for the long post dude, I am watching my girls through the bud scope and I am at about 15-20% amber so I am literally within hours I'd say of cutting down at least half my crop to dry and I am excited as all hell man....my first harvest............ahhh I cant wait.

I'll catch up with you later, wheres blue been at? I havent seen him post lately? I gotta go find his grow and see whats up...

I forgot to post these last night, I got a few that are turning purple on me without me doing anything....

IMG_0661_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0668_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0669_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0667_-_Copy.JPG

Hey Whitey,

Things are moving a long just fine. Keeping my perpetual grow going. So far I got everything up and going, by the end of July/ early Augus, I'll be harvesting every month. Then push it every two weeks. Lots of work, fun work.

The VK and RD is quite lovely. VK has dense nugs, strong flavor, hit hard. RD also hits hard, I had a friend got some and they can't stop smelling the buds. Already harvested the RD, only got 14g from it. The first TD I had to chop. It stopped flowering for a long time, so it's not worth to keep. I believed it got root bound in 1gal airpot. Underestimated this train root development. It's clone however is flowering nicely in 3gal pot.

I'll do a smoke report soon once my mind is cleared up. Right now working on the perpetual schedule and nute schedule or all growing stages.

For pest control I use neem oil. Spray some of that stuff on the leaves and it's all good. The neem oil is organic so no worries. The smell is quite awful. Hope you had the space for new mothers, I'm sure starting fresh will provide much healthy clones. My plan is to have one tent will be use for 2L SOG, then will be DIY 2L vertical grow like window farming style. This way I get to use the 4x4 floor, also 4x4 each side walls except the opening. And have just 1 bare bulb 600w hps for flower at all direction. This will be the final stage. Right now the 2L SOG in tent is only 35%. The other tent will grow mothers, and only have one tent flowering, after July.

Have you grew agent orange, jully bean, and querkle before? They all sounds awesome. I need to try some purple strains for the fall and winter. The cold air outside will help bring out the colors. About to order some new strains too, still doing research on what I want ppl to try. For commercial grow have at least 1 pound of each strain if you can, yet still have different flavors available. I just got rid of SLH, RD, and VK mixed and ppl take whatever it is available, since all good strains no one complaints. But I know what you mean by focusing on one strain, you'll learn it much faster then growing multiple strains.

How many 2L you got flowering at the moment? Have you harvest any from it yet?

Congrats on your first harvest! Are you going to setup a grow journal for the new fresh grow? Get one so others can easily follow your progression.

Not sure where blue is at, I believed he changed his nick.

Nice purple change. What strain is that?

Thank you for following this grow everyone. I'll be continue to document my perpetual grow in the 5th grow. This batch was a stepping stone to greater height. There were many issue I had to overcome, mainly heat. Underestimated the weather here. My first time growing during the Summer.

I'll continue to experiment and try new things while keeping things growing.

For now, this grow is complete. See you in my 5th grow!

Hi, are you sure of the genetics of these clones? These are all Barney's Farm
strains and BF doesn't release normal seeds on the market. It's my understanding that
feminized seeds don't clone - the big seed banks in A-Dam are trying to protect their investment. I'd love to find regular seeds of Tangerine Dream, Violator Kush, etc.
Best, Xelaguy

Hi, are you sure of the genetics of these clones? These are all Barney's Farm
strains and BF doesn't release normal seeds on the market. It's my understanding that
feminized seeds don't clone - the big seed banks in A-Dam are trying to protect their investment. I'd love to find regular seeds of Tangerine Dream, Violator Kush, etc.
Best, Xelaguy

Hey xelaguy, I got these from BF all feminized. They clone with no problem.

Twelve12,
Thanks for your response. I have heard from seasoned breeders that plants grown from feminized seeds tend to produce clones that are hermaphroditic, because they are on tilt genetically. Not so?

Best
Xelaguy

Hi 12 I like your strains I have 3 Tangerine Dreams in bloom now but it was a battle to get them there. In veg, the fan leaves got huge and very dark green ......from my research they had a nitrogen overdose. I ended up cutting some of the huge fan leaves and that pissed her off (I said I was sorry) So now I just bend and twist those large leaves down to get light to the buds. Mine are looking good 4th week in bloom but slooooww like a sativa. Good luck I'm in your corner :peace:

Twelve12,
Thanks for your response. I have heard from seasoned breeders that plants grown from feminized seeds tend to produce clones that are hermaphroditic, because they are on tilt genetically. Not so?

Best
Xelaguy

Yes, feminized seeds have some hermaphroditic trace since the method of creating feminized seed is creating a hermaphrodite then taken its pollen and cross it with the same strain female to create feminized seeds. I have just gone through the 2nd cycle for the Tangerine Dream and Red Dragon have yet gotten any hermies. The other ones; Vanilla Kush & Violator Kush hasn't gotten their 2nd run yet. Having close to optimal indoor environment will reduce the appearance of hermies.

Hi 12 I like your strains I have 3 Tangerine Dreams in bloom now but it was a battle to get them there. In veg, the fan leaves got huge and very dark green ......from my research they had a nitrogen overdose. I ended up cutting some of the huge fan leaves and that pissed her off (I said I was sorry) So now I just bend and twist those large leaves down to get light to the buds. Mine are looking good 4th week in bloom but slooooww like a sativa. Good luck I'm in your corner :peace:

The Tangerine Dream takes time to produce but once half way into bloom you'll noticed rapid increase in bud formation. It's more of a sativa than indica and the flowering time is usually slower than most sativa. This one will test the grower's patient. My current TD is flowering nicely, though could be better but it's suffering some nute and heat burn (not a great combo). Still pushing buds and we'll see how it all unfolds by the end of next month. I'm flowering extra weeks just to give them more time to fully develop. Whenever they go through stress I add more days to balance it out. I heard from most growers that their TD is giving them a hard time. Lucky enough my 2nd run with this strain is looking good, while the first one from seed just frozen in time between veg and bloom for 3 months...Good luck with yours! You got a journal going?

Thanks! I've been growing BF Vanilla Kush outdoors, and last year I found two stalks that went hermaphroditic which I cut off. More startling, at least to me, was the wide range of phenotypes (genotypes?) that appeared. I got the seeds right after they were on the market in Europe, and I don't think BF had really stabilized the strain. That said, the end product is great - everyone really likes it. This year I'll try my hand at cloning.

Thanks! I've been growing BF Vanilla Kush outdoors, and last year I found two stalks that went hermaphroditic which I cut off. More startling, at least to me, was the wide range of phenotypes (genotypes?) that appeared. I got the seeds right after they were on the market in Europe, and I don't think BF had really stabilized the strain. That said, the end product is great - everyone really likes it. This year I'll try my hand at cloning.

Hope you get better run on VK next round. Cloning is quite easy with Rapid Rooter Plugs or aero cloning machine. I'm using the RR atm until I get more cash and I'll be making my own cloning machine to save the long term cost. Stabilizing a strain takes a lot of years, not all feminized seeds are stable, and once you grow a pheno that you like it's best to keep that strain going with clones. Start a grow journal, would love to see them.

Hi 12
thanks for the encouraging words.... My T.D. are slow but doing good ..... a lot of buds I am just waiting for it to fill in between the buds but all in all not bad . I also have 5 Northern Lights Blue (more indica) that are kicking butt, will be harvesting in 1 week.
No journal yet ....I'm a new kid on the block and just finding my way around 420.
This is a great place to be :peace:

Hi 12
thanks for the encouraging words.... My T.D. are slow but doing good ..... a lot of buds I am just waiting for it to fill in between the buds but all in all not bad . I also have 5 Northern Lights Blue (more indica) that are kicking butt, will be harvesting in 1 week.
No journal yet ....I'm a new kid on the block and just finding my way around 420.
This is a great place to be :peace:

No problem. Have a look around on this site, there are lots of interesting sub-forums. I got a new journal up. This one was my previous complete grow. My new journal has more things going. Will be closing down this one and going to focus on the other. Hope to see you there!

Back
Top Bottom