Tangerine Dream - Violator Kush - Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

I just got done harvesting 2 Violator Kush plants from clone. I just finished up clipping, drying, and now curing some super dank Landrace Afghan Kush from World of Seeds. I got an amazing yield off those plants. Buds that were absolutely massive. Also grew a couple plants of Lemon Diesel. Got to be one of my new favorite strains. Everyone I have shared some with wants to buy a bag of it...but its all mine. Yields were not that great but the quality is amazing. I have a LD mother vegging and an aeroponic cloner as well as ordered some LD seeds from EMERALD TRIANGLE along with some other killer strains. So I should be in ok shape lord willing and the creek don't break. As far as the VIOLATOR KUSH I was a bit disappointed. Big huge fox tails and lot's of THC resin crystals. big buds. Got about 2.5 ounces per plant but I just didn't like the stuff. Just not up to my standards I suppose. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't grow it again...that Lemon Diesel though...that is another story.

Hi Growing 247, Thanks for popping in!

You got pics of your Violator Kush? Would like to see how it turns out. Mine looks all deformed. The smoke was great though. Had a taste. Will harvest that today. The buds were so tight I found one with mold in them, or at least it was brown. Too bad you don't like it, to me the yield is quite low, but the taste was nice. Threw in 2 Violator Kush clones into flower, hope these will produce better than the ones from seed. So far looking good. I have to try out the strain you've mentioned. Thanks for the heads up!

Kinda late here brother but WHOA!!:bravo: Looking GRRREEEAAATT!! Can't wait to see this finished out!:Namaste:

Thanks, GT for popping in. I'm getting ready to harvest. The tent #1 is getting there. Must work on a dry box, and let the patients know their meds on its way!

Journal Update:

I'll be harvesting all this week and next week. Checked for trichome colors, found this Super Lemon Haze to have most amber 40%. The others are getting there, thought I harvest this one first. I'm very pleased with the density and size of the nugs. She is quite small, only at 22inches in height, in 1 gal airpot. I had to tide her in to prevent the top from kissing the ground due to heavy top. While I was trimming, holding it at the bottom of the stem, the top fell over and broke the branch...now that's something. I don't do wet weight but will give a dry weight on Monday. If anyone want to play a game you can guess the weight for this plant alone, I'll +rep ya for trying!!! Please remember that these plants are under 180w LED.

Now for some pics.

MG_9948.jpg

MG_9950.jpg

MG_9956.jpg

MG_9966.jpg

MG_9967.jpg

MG_9972.jpg

:high-five:

Starting my 6th grow soon. This batch will have a few new strains.

2x - Afghan Kush - Regular - White Label
2x - Heavy Duty Fruity - Regular - TH Seeds
- Original Skunk #1 - Regular - Seedsman
- Grapegod - Regular - Next Generation

As you can see, they are regular most of these strains are regular only. I hope to get males out of them to start the breeding experiment. Even one male from any of these will be a blessing. Estimate to have a new strain in 6 - 8 months. I want to add my own strain to the amazing strain list. Haven't done a whole lot of reading on breeding and selective breeding, but will just start I will have 2 months (while they veg) to work on the research.

I'm also expanding my grow space to another room, 8x12x6.5ft, but it will be at another location some place far, indoor. Probably next to area-51, this will be area-61. Planting the seeds today, new journal be up once they sprout. :yahoo:

Continuing to harvest. Next chop today, will check for ambers and see which of the remaining 5 is ready...

Journal Update:

Harvested the Violator Kush today. This plant is also at 22inch high, very petite with small dense nugs in weird formations. The smell is quite strong. I think total dry weight is going to be like 12-14g...maybe less.

MG_9980.jpg

MG_9989.jpg

MG_9991.jpg

I have a few clones of this strain in flowering, will finish in 1.5 months. Will not be growing any more of VK.

Journal Update:

The new portable a/c shuts down the circus breaker after running for 20 mins. The room already got a lot of power going on; lights, fans, exhaust fans, and a computer. Max amp for this room is only at 15. Going to hook up an extension cord from another room to power everything the room needs.

What I learn is that having high wattage light is key in high yield. I'm going to move the two LED into one tent instead to have 320w power instead of 180w. This is why the first Super Lemon Haze only yield 16g dry. It was under 180w and in 1gal instead of 3gal. It sure felt 1oz while trimming, heh. The nug shrink in half after 3 days of drying. I'm going to put back the 600w HPS in one tent and combined the two LED for the other.

While this grow is finishing up, I still have the other tent flowering and will finish in 1.5 months (4.5th grow). I'm going to add more lights to get more yield. The patients waited long for the meds, I don't want to run out of supplies in few weeks due to low yield. Since the next batch will not be ready for another 1.5-1.7 months. With the 600w HPS (for 11 plants) and 320w LED (for 2L bottles grow, 4.6th grow) for the 2nd tent should boost the yield a bit.

I just harvested the Red Dragon. Felt like 2oz while trimming so hoping it will be in the 20's grams when dried. Also made a prototype dry box out of cardboard box. It has 4in exhaust fan with carbon filter on top, can hold up to two plants per box. 4inx12inx24in. Currently the Violator Kush and Red Dragon is being dry atm. Will make a bigger and better one with solid materials for the next harvest. Since I have no room to dry in the grow room, a dry box is required. Keeping out lights, get air flowing inside, and kill the smell at the same time.

Damn it, dont you hate it when you type out a long ass post and accidentally hit the backspace when the cursor isnt in the typing box and it goes back a page and you lose everything you just typed....sucks.

I've been without internet access for most of the week except with my Iphone and it sucks to type on that thing but I have been browsing around and it looks like you are a busy man HD. Dayum 8x12...... thats a big ass space dude, you are not playing brother. I thought I was doing big things thinking 4x8 or 8x8 but I think I gotta keep it down to a 4x8 for myself, I may pick up a small tent for cloning but thats about it. So I'll have the 4x4 and the 4x8, I just need to plan out what I need a little better and know what I am going to buy before I go there and blow more money than I should.

Also, a new nute setup is a must for me, not 100% on the EJ as I'm findind its tough to find around here, I have to a state over to get it, a good 2 hours 1 way at least. A few weeks ago I thought I was running into a cal. def. which it could have been but I flushed my girls and started over which seemed to cure it, this was about 3 weeks ago, maybe a little less. The past couple days I have been thinking I was running into some kind of disaster with them but it just seems that its salt build up, I do the feed/water/water way of watering/feeding and I usually water the shit out of them yet I'm still getting buildup so these nutes gotta go. Maybe its due to them having been transplanted so long ago but I flushed them right before sending them into flower, and then about halfway through, I dont really care that I have to flush them I just wish it wasnt showing like it is. But whatever, all I care about is limping these girls over the finish line safely with some good smoke in tow, and I imagine that as long as I dry and cure them properly it will be all good. Today is week 8 day 2 since the flip so they will be getting only water from here on out, I fed them their last meal this past week, I think I should have stopped feeding them before that though and just kept going with the sugar daddy and thats it. I may give them a dose of that after todays flush but thats it.

I just want this round over with so I can start new with new seeds and all that, I am getting rid of all the girls in my veg room. I'd love to keep them but theres just too many variables and unknowns with them on top of all the stress they have been through so starting over is a must I think, as well as I keep battling gnats every other week so I just want to empty everything out, sanitize everything and start over with fresh everything, and everything labeled properly, I cant tell you how bad I screwed up with the labeling on this one. So with that, I ordered up another batch of seeds last night, I ordered 5 more jillybean, 10 querkle, 10 chernobyl, 10 the void, and a 5 pack of medical seeds sour diesel feminized. I am going to order up some red dragon and a few acapulco gold from castle later on today. I may get something other than the AG but the RD is a definite, any suggestions??? They all look so good and non of them are going to be bad really, I like TGA's stuff for the colors, I can only imagine the potency of them but he has the best colors I can find, at least I havent found anything else with colors like his stuff.

But everything is looking good dude, I cant wait to hear what the RD is like as far as smoke, as I said I'm sure it isnt gonna be bad, LOL... I had a little mishap last week snapping a branch off the pineapple chunk, I could have strung it up and fixed it but I decided to chop it off and hang it to dry, I let it dry for 4-5 days until the branches snapped and then I threw it in an old pill bottle that I keep my bud in when I leave the house and I gotta say aside from the shitty taste its pretty good as far as the high, relaxed the shit out of me when I was stressing about the deficiencies, as you could imagine it didnt last all that long but it did the trick.

I gotta go on an emergency job at the moment but I'll stop back by and finish up my essay for you, LOL..... but glad to hear everything is going good. And dont stress about the weights bro, it is what it is and its only gonna get better as time goes on. I stressed about that for this entire grow, feeling it was the most important things aside from potency but you can always grow more man, and it sounds like with that new room you will have plenty to go around dude.

For whatever reason I hadnt picked up that these 2L clones I got going were packing on weight, you think the way they sway to the point of almost tipping when I move them because they are so top heavy would have gave it away.........But I as I started going over them today as I do every other day quickly and a thorough look on the weekends and when I feed sometimes as well but something happened in the past week and they dun blowed up..... But I was thinking some of my VK clones resembled the red dragon but not quite as nice though..... I am running down the home stretch with the rest of them though.

I started freaking out a little as I was getting these necrotic like spots on the leaves but I didnt know what they were and started thinking deficiencies and I found out I was right but its not something to try and fix at this point. I read that theres no need to worry as they are supposed to be deficient at this point in their lives but I didnt put it together... but it turns out it was salt build up so I flushed them with some sledgehammer flush yesterday and they are now on a water only diet for the duration. I started looking at trichs yesterday and today and they are mostly clear and milky, I think I found 1 or 2 ambers, very few and only on one plant. But I can not wait, I have no idea how much longer but I dont want to go to early thats for sure.

Heres some of the pics i took

La blanca

IMG_0617_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0623_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0620_-_Copy.JPG

Vanilla Kush

IMG_0630_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0636_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0637_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0640_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0639_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0632_-_Copy.JPG

Tangerine dream

IMG_0634_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0633_-_Copy.JPG

Kandy kush

IMG_0644_-_Copy.JPG

Oh and HD, what are the names of the EJ products you use, I am going tomorrow to buy my tent and lights etc... I was looking on their website and they have a whole lot of products dude, any idea what I should get, basically the only things I have to throw into the mix is my hygrozyme and SM90, other than that I will be doing something new. I am figuring either EJ if they have the whole line from grow to bloom or however they label their product, also at the place I am going tomorrow or they do have another 100% organic line from a company in AUS called advanced horticulture thats this super concentrated stuff. I dont know the name of it though but I seen pics of a 20 oz. strawberry diesel plant that was looking super sweet man, the dude also got a 24 oz. one as well, indoors........ I definitely had more to do than just the nutes, but the potential is there. But I definitely need another brand, I didnt like the buildup that fast, I have been doing feed/water/water on top of flushing them 2-3 weeks ago so...I dont know, all I know is I want the new tent so I can get some of those seeds going when they get here.

Looking good brother made my mouth water an itch to smoke a bowl lol...Cant wait to see this upcoming grow I've been looking at doing afgan kush good stuff

They turned out very nice when dried. Powerful aroma, and taste. I haven't smoke the Red Dragon, yet. Will take sometime to do a throughout smoke report. Afghan Kush is 100% indica so this will be good. I got 2x in soil at the moment, hope they sprout. The ones I got is regular seed, hope I get a female and a male for cross breeding. Give it a grow, the AK.

Hey Whitey!

The idea was underestimated, I don't have the fundings for it at this time. I would have to purchase everything again but 2x. By next year I should expand because good weed is hard to come by around here.

For EJ, I got the entire line. Grow, Bloom, Meta K, Microblast, and Catalyst. Also got a small bottle of Snow Storm Ultra, SuperThrive, Hygrozyme, and organic molasses. That's about it.

Starting new is good. You'll most definitely get better results with clean slate to start off with. Instead of constantly battling bugs, plant's health, etc…

To me, the RD looks nice growing, but the buds is not as dense after it is dried. Kinda fluffy and light. Then again, I had many issue with this grow, mainly heat. Must have stunted it. Speaking of stunted plant, my Tangerine Dream has frozen in time…might just chop her making room for 8 more 2L bottles. You'll get better results with RD than me, seeing your grow it will reach its full potential. Have you try Lemon Diesel? I heard that is a good strain to grow and smoke. I'm getting some of that next.

The small yield was due to having trusted the one 180w LED to do the flowering work, each tent had one. Now, I combined the two LED for one tent, and the other tent I put back the 600w HPS.

New tents should be fun. It will provide you with more control over your grows. The plants looks good! Give it another week or two. It will put on some extra weight. Harvested one SLH already and the other 3 plants still flowering. It's getting bigger so I'm leaving it flower out for another two weeks before chopping. It has already passed the recommend flowering time 8weeks, but to me, my environment is different than that of the seed banks. So I have to compensate it with time. If mine was fully optimal, sure it will finish in 8-9weeks instead of 11 weeks. Heh

Will be harvesting the remaining 3 SLH this weekend. Then do a review, final thoughts, experience, and smoke report. That should warp up this grow. Tent #2 is flowering, 2 weeks in, along with 23 of the 2L bottle grow. I'll be documenting that in my 5th grow soon...

+repping all participants in this journal. For guidance & support.

Back
Top Bottom