Tangerine Dream - Violator Kush - Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Re: Tangerine Dream,Violator Kush,Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Journal Update:

Shot some more pics from flowering tent #1. Getting close to harvest time. Red Dragon be the first to harvest in 2 weeks, follow by SLH in 3 weeks.

Red Dragon - I only have one RD in this tent and a whole lot of SLH. Wish it's the other way around!

MG_9859.jpg

MG_9862.jpg

MG_9864.jpg

Super Lemon Haze - Can't wait to try these. The last grow I had them eat FoxFarm, this time they are drinking Earth Juice. Expecting great taste, smooth hits, and higher potency.

MG_9856.jpg

MG_9866.jpg

MG_9867.jpg

Tangerine Dream - Still hasn't shown much buds development. It reverted back to veg due to a small light leak above it, from one of the exhaust velcro hole. Fixed it. She's twice as big than rest. The buds development is like those in week 1 flowering...guess will have to wait a bit longer to taste her treats.

MG_9847.jpg

MG_9849.jpg

MG_9851.jpg

MG_9852.jpg

Hey bro don't get discouraged yet, I'd have been amazed if you had roots at 3 days. I doubt that light hurts anything but better safe than sorry. Have you noticed it generating any heat like the other guys were talking about?

Do the clones and stems look healthy and green? I think that's most important, as long as they keep looking healthy they'll eventually pop roots. Fingers crossed for you my friend... :peace:

The clones still healthy and well. Without a dome it still standing. The fogger generates some heat, the water temp is 80F. But the clones does not touch the water. By the end of this week should be good. Actually, today is the 4th day. I had the clone in on 5/21 late night. heh guess I'm freaking out for no reason.

+reps for your plants being so healthy that far into bud, seems like no matter what i always end up screwin up and stressin my babies out

They are looking awesome as expected HD, I cant wait to get my hands on a decent camera myself. Its funny how growers all the sudden become photographers overnight, and good ones at that. The girls are looking amazing though. That really sucks to hear about the TD, I had a few scares with lights already, one night I was a little stoned and it was late, I walked out without turning the room light off where the flowering tent was, thankfully I havent seen any issues yet. The worst was the other day, somehow something went wrong with my timer and if I wasnt there at the exact time standing there waiting for the lights to come on, I would have been screwed. I dont know what went wrong but it was a wake up call as to how something so stupid and insignificant can screw a grow up quickly. So now when I go in to check the dehuey in the AM and look in on the veg girls I check all the timers.

As far as those products I picked up, I am on the fence with using any of them on my larger girls. I know that they could really make a difference, but its kinda late in the game to roll the dice with a product like that. From what I've read, they can literally change the game as far as yield and resin production, but they can also end the game if you arent careful, so I think I will spare my big girls that are nearing the end of their lives and try it on some of the clones I have in there and then start using it when I start getting the perpetual going. I want as much bud as I can get, but I'm not ready to risk it all to get another zip or whatever I could possibly get out of it. If I used it through out flower like it supposed to be used, I think I would get more out of it. A little risky thats all. I think you'll be happy with the hygrozyme, just dont use it too late into flower or else they will never finish. Did you read that article? If not please do as the instructions on the bottle arent all that descriptive, I actually had a bottle of it for well over a month before I used it because I couldnt find a decent description of what it did until I came across that dude bay areas post. Yesterday I fed my bigger girls and I worked them down to 3ml per gallon of hygrozyme which will be their last dose of it, the way it was explained to me was to start low and work your way up to a plateau with the suggested doses and then work your way back down to nothing a couple weeks before harvest. But I think you will really benefit using EJ, the dude that wrote that post swears by both, and actually compiled quite a bit of data to back up his statements, however it was his data but if nothing else it was worth reading.

As far as the colors, Its another thing I'm not 100% on yet. I have been doing a bit of reading about it, and all the experienced guys will tell you its just color and it does nothing for potency and all that but I say why not? If I can bring out some coloring to add bag appeal, not necessarily for selling purposes but just for the hell of it why not? I have seen some pics of the most insane blue I have ever seen, I almost didnt believe it was a pot plant, I thought it was photoshopped or something thats how crazy it looked. I cant find it again to save my life but after seeing it I am obsessed. But its brought out by lower temps at night and can be induced by exposing the roots to sub 55 degree temps towards the end of flowering. I think its done easier with a hydro system and a chiller because it can be run constant but I think an icewater flush will bring it out as well, I'm gonna give it a try anyhow, I dont think I could hurt it that late in flower, I plan on trying it towards the very end, maybe the second to last watering or something, still havent worked it out yet. As far as it being brought out in any strain, I think some color will come out but you will get the most out of strains that naturally have color in them like purps or any of the purple strains. I am still finding a little info here and there so I am not 100% on any of this but I'm trying to find out what I can. Once I can get the perpetual going I will have enough plants to try different things on, right now I just need to get these girls through my first try and get some smoke for myself, I just cannot afford these prices anymore and shit weed aint cutting it, LOL.

As far as the ages on my girls, the larger ones were all a little different as far as veg time but as far as flower they are on week 6 day 3 from the flip and all the others that I've shown pics of are on week 4 day 6 from the flip. Its absolutely crazy how the 2 free plants turned out to be the best ones, the kandy kush was free and la blanca was free, both are turning out to be the best looking anyhow, we will see how they are as far as the smoke.

I'll catch up with you guys later on, but they are looking good man.

More awesome pics of awesome plants :bravo:

You've got it going on in there HighDive!

Whitey - if it were me I'd do whatever you can to get those girls some snowstorm, either in their water or as a foliar spray. That stuff works and it's not too late in flower for you at all, guys were reporting amazing results the very next day after spraying. You don't need to use a lot, and there are instructions on the label about feeding them less of your other nutes.

I use OC+ so I can't lower that and my girls have loved getting ssu in their water. Stickiest plants I've ever grown. I haven't used Gravity and that kind of scares me, but I totally recommend the SSU.

Good luck!

You are the second trusted person to tell me that blue so I think I'll have to go ahead with that. A friend of mine has been coaching me a little when I need it and he suggested the same. I have been doing all this without the help of meters as my milwaukee ph/ppm/ec meter broke so I have been limping along with the little ph dripper kit but yesterday I finally said F-it and went and picked up a new probe (it was a little more complicated than going to pick up a new one, but I'll spare you guys the story). But if the ssu does all that I can only imagine, as it is if I touch the buds it sticks my fingers together like I had some glue on them or something, it just smells a whole lot better.

Thanks blue

No problem my friend glad to help. They just need a little, about an eyedropper full per gallon. I haven't noticed much affect on pH but for sure you need to be able to accurately measure pH to grow right.... good luck bro I think you'll be real happy.

Damn!! you got some killer strains and there lookin lovely !!! I have some Blue Dragon (Dj Short Blueberry x Sour Diesel), is it similar to red dragon?

Also, I just flipped my lights 12/12, and I have snowstorm, purple maxx and gravity.....when are these supposed to be applied. From what I read it seems they are used after about a month of flowering, any suggestions?

Awesome grow Highdive!!! hope that mine turn out even half that good!!! great job!

Whitey...I am by far no expert on growing...I until recently only grew outside...and the area I am in our harvest is during cold temps..depending on finish...and yes cooler temps bring out color...outside at least...I have some friends that say you should let them go through a couple lite frosts...I cut when ready...or when I have no choice...hope this helps man...really all I can offer you guys...as I feel you are leaps and bounds ahead of me..I am always learning though..

Journal Update:

Got to work on the 2 liters today for the clones. Made the holes with a heated screw and a hole puncher, took awhile. The holes are for the roots to grow thru to get extra water/nutes when needed, while the rest of the roots above sits in soil. Hope they work!

MG_9874.jpg

MG_9876.jpg

MG_9875.jpg

MG_9895.jpg

I also went and use reflective tape on the outside. So when I picked the bottles up the paints does not chip off and fly into the buds. It's due to the bottle being flexible, it cracks the paints. From now on I'm just going to tape them straight up, skipping the paints. Got the first tray done.

Journal Update:

I did some trimming on lower branches a few weeks back on the Super Lemon Haze mother. Instead of throwing it away, I placed it in the seed starter tray with the rest of the clones. Just to see if it will work at all. Read somewhere it said it's too late to take clones from flowering mothers. The chance of rooting is slim to none.

While I was transplanting the clones to the 2 Liters, I wanted to check on the flowering clone. Well, as you can see.

MG_9877.jpg

MG_9879.jpg

MG_9878.jpg

Gotta love SLH! Now we'll see how it flowers.

Journal Update:

Got to work on the 2 liters today for the clones. Made the holes with a heated screw and a hole puncher, took awhile. The holes are for the roots to grow thru to get extra water/nutes when needed, while the rest of the roots above sits in soil. Hope they work!

MG_9874.jpg

MG_9876.jpg

MG_9875.jpg

MG_9895.jpg

I also went and use reflective tape on the outside. So when I picked the bottles up the paints does not chip off and fly into the buds. It's due to the bottle being flexible, it cracks the paints. From now on I'm just going to tape them straight up, skipping the paints. Got the first tray done.

Hey HighDive you've been busy, they look very cool. Do you have a hole 2" up in the 2L itself?

I was worried that paint would chip off too but I've had no problems. Before this I tried taping instead of painting and every one of them ended up with algae in the root balls, if there are any light leaks you'll get algae growing. :peace:

+reps for your plants being so healthy that far into bud, seems like no matter what i always end up screwin up and stressin my babies out

Thanks BlazingUSA! I've checked out your grow, great stuff man. You did great! Sorry to hear about your current situation, I wrote you in your journal hope everything works out fine for you. Would love to see you back on track, we need more growers.

Found my first hermie tonight, no male flowers but a single seed pushing out of the center of a bud on an lucy plant that was a mutant from the beginning. Sucks but I figured I wasnt going to escape that with all the stress some of these went through in the beginning, it was a plant that I had actually thrown away and thought was dead, I went to throw something in the plastic bag it was in and she was a live, or he/she was a live anyway, or maybe thats when she figured out she was a he??? This just gives me more of a reason to be ready on standby with these other beans I have on the way, I just checked the tracking info and it came into my town this morning so they should be here somewhat soon. I really hope that these 2 mothers I have make it without nads....... I have 1 plant that has been basically 99% stress free, if that one makes it through this without nuts I'll be happy, I just hope it was from some kind of dumbass stress I put it through rather than some other kind of environmental thing I'm not seeing, I hope not.

I was wondering about keeping the bottles light proof myself when I did my first few and I didnt want to paint them and the only tape that I trust to be 100% light proof is $19 a roll and it doesnt go all that far. I did it a little roughly with the ones I have now but I used the same 6mil poly I use to seal the light of god from shining out of the cracks of outside doors and windows seeing my grow room is right on an outside wall in my house so I had to take precautions with that. But I cut some 10-12 inch strips long enough to wrap around the bottles overlapping once or so. It seals the light with 1 layer but its cheap in comparison to tape, and then I used that tape I mentioned above to keep it on. As long as you tape the plastic directly to the bottle in a couple places it stays fairly well. The only issue I've had is its that the poly is expensive and it only comes in 50 and 100ft rolls. You can use garbage bags but they are really hard to work with in comparison to the 6-7 mil stuff, its kinda rigid so it isnt all slippery and sloppy like a garbage bag is and is much easier to cut. I think I need to wrap the top rim of the bottles with tape so the light doesnt get in when it hits the small area thats exposed but has no soil where the light hits it.

The only issue where it got a little funky was at the bottoms where I had to leave drainage holes so I ended up redoing a couple after I figured out if I make the pieces of poly like 1 1/2 - 2" longer than I needed they bunched up kinda making a flexible seal at the bottoms. I also used gray trays, woulda liked black but I couldnt find ones that small that were completely black. One other thing I did was I filled the bottoms of the bottles with about an inch of hydroton and/or perlite. It gives them some room in the trays if there ends up being standing water in the bottom of the trays so the soil isnt sucking up what ever is floating around in there if I dont get to it right away and I've read that it makes it harder for fungus gnats or other insect pests from getting into the soil (I also do it on the tops but on a few I didnt leave enough room to make the layer deep enough and the soil comes up a little when I water) if thats what you are using.

Next round of clones I may have to go hempie, I have some coco/perlite hempies and other than having to be there right in the morning to feed them I like it better than soil so far.

Hey Whitey78!

Thanks man. Yes, every grower published their operation online should have a decent camera. After spending a lot for our grow; We spent a lot in our grow, lights, nutes, meters, water, electricity, etc...we left out the camera. Getting a point and shoot is ideal. Cost under $150 for a great 14mp camera! Since we're on this subject, I really need to get myself a macro lens. Don't really have any true 1:1 closeup shots of the trichomes...

You are right about using different products on almost finishing grow. It can really change their chemistry. The tent #2 I have is only a few weeks in flowering, so I went ahead and use the stuff I got on them. I only skim through the article. That guy wrote a lot. My grow knowledge is not up there yet so a lot of the stuff I couldn't absorb. Going to re-read them and really take notes.

Let us know how the temp works for your girls, forcing them to change colors. I like to try this if you think it's worth the effort. All mine are not color tinted, maybe the Hammerhead but that's still in veg. Though I don't mind having a slight blue super lemon haze, or the red dragon turned a bit purple...holding its fire breathe for too long. Oh man I hear ya on the shit weed. A friend got some the other day since I'm all dry, it was corn stuff dried up with stems. Smoke was ok nothing to email home about. Then I pulled out my Violator Kush sampler pack, which is enough for 1/2 a bowl of a small pipe. They got violated, realized it was only from one hit...I'm growing it again regardless of small yield it produce. You'll get plenty soon! We expect a 12 page essay from you on the smoke report. heh

You're day 3 in 12/12, do you count those days as flowering days or do you count them when they show their pistils? I'm starting to count them at quarter size flower formation. Just so it gives them an extra time to really finish up. I'm applying this method from now on. That's awesome that the free seeds turned out better. We'll see how they'll smoke, looks can be deceiving.

HD...still kicking ass man....def. want to know the smoke diff. from ff to ej...keep up the great work man

Thanks Horticultural! I still got some SLH that was feed with FF stashed for emergency smoke. Will use that to compare with the new grow that feed with EJ. Will take me a day though, SLH last half day for me. Since I haven't been smoking it will kick my brain. It's all good. Not a writer, but I'll definitely write a report.

Back
Top Bottom