Tangerine Dream - Violator Kush - Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Re: Tangerine Dream,Violator Kush,Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Damn!! you got some killer strains and there lookin lovely !!! I have some Blue Dragon (Dj Short Blueberry x Sour Diesel), is it similar to red dragon?

Awesome grow Highdive!!! hope that mine turn out even half that good!!! great job!

Thanks Ice! You got great strain too, Blue Dragon! I wanted to grow that but can't find a seed retailer that offers them. I went with Red instead. Not sure if they are the same. Just similar name but from what I've read about these, they had parents that are not alike. BD is more of a diesel with skunk blend. RD is kush and brazilian sativa blend. I got a small piece from the lower branch for early taste test. I usually do this on all plants a few weeks before the chop. Then tweak the nutes to adjust the flavor, if I can...

Hey HighDive you've been busy, they look very cool. Do you have a hole 2" up in the 2L itself?

I was worried that paint would chip off too but I've had no problems. Before this I tried taping instead of painting and every one of them ended up with algae in the root balls, if there are any light leaks you'll get algae growing. :peace:

This is my passion, hope it shows. Heh
Yes, there are 4 holes around the bottom above 2in. Can't see it in the pics. But they are there, around the line. Tested for light leaks with a flash light placing inside the bottle. They all passed, whoohoo! I'll just paint the bottom, and tape up the mid section from now on just to save on the paints. It was so fun painting I did the hole bottle on the new ones, lol.

Looks like I have to keep the tent zipped up for a day with the lights off. Relatives visiting. It will get above 90F with zipped up tent when they lights are on. I don't have a strong exhaust fan atm, so the lights have to be off. Hope this is not going to stress out the girls. This was really unexpected! Stealth mode on.

Looks like I have to keep the tent zipped up for a day with the lights off. Relatives visiting. It will get above 90F with zipped up tent when they lights are on. I don't have a strong exhaust fan atm, so the lights have to be off. Hope this is not going to stress out the girls. This was really unexpected! Stealth mode on.

Just a suggestion but maybe some dry ice?? Or adding some of those freezable plastic lunch coolers to the area? Just my medicated brain on a train of thought..

Dont ya love it when you have some good bud and the "power smoker" comes out like he-man even after you tell them to wait a few after the first 5 hits when he should have only taken 2 max... Me and my father had a dude over at one of our parties, this is where the desire to grow came about, me and my father watching people smoke shit that we were paying $4-- an oz. for (when money was good), but we had very limited supplies but these people would go nuts for it, begging us to give/sell/trade a child for any amount but it was much better to hang onto as the supplies were extremely limited but we would gladly offer them as much as they could smoke with us so it wasnt about being stingy. But back to he-man, the dude ended up banging his car up on the wall in our driveway 3 or 4 times which was a straight shot in a 2 car wide driveway with no other cars in sight, hes trying to turn around, we went and got him and the dude was just toasted (they're bikers you cant tell them not to drive screwed up, they get all pissy and want to fight, and still end up driving, it can be suggested but after the second I'm ok they start taking it as disrespect, stupid but whatever...) and just laid on the wall for hours. Next party he came to he only took the recommended 2 hit dose, it was funny watching him all scared waiting for it to hit him the second time around. After a few parties we decided we needed to have more on hand to share, as well as a few other family members with some serious medical issues and no way to get MMJ when it would help them immensely. So we figured why not be the good samaritan with our sick friends and make a few bucks on those who want it rather than need it, basically a way to make everyone happy and pay for itself in the process, I hope it goes as planned thats all.

HD, I dont understand what you are saying by me being at day 3 in 12/12? But as far as the way I count, if and when I post and say I'm at week 6 day 4 which today is, I started by shutting down the lights for 24 hours, and then after the first full day of 12/12, that was day 1. I guess it would actually be day 2 but whatever. I also made note of the day when pistils first showed, which was about a week or so after the flip. I may start doing it from when I see pistils in the future just to keep my excitement in check a little because I'll tell ya, once I started realizing I was at week 5 and 6, I was letting myself get a little too happy for bit, but I slowed myself back down because as good as they look to me right now, I can see a lot more is to come as long as I dont run into any more issues.

As far as forcing the colors, I think you can get some out of any of your girls but its not going to be seen until later on in flowering to my understanding, and thats actually when its time to try and force it out of them if you are going to do that. But I am also seeing that when you grow buds under perfect conditions for the specific strain, colors will naturally come out but I think that entails cooler nights towards harvest time as would occur naturally, but the perfect conditions are gonna vary strain to strain, .5 of a degree in temp or humidity, 11/13 or 10/14 light schedule rather than 12/12, theres a lot to tinker and adjust. I think it luck of the draw kinda thing until you figure it out for each.

As far as that article, that thing was long. I read it the first time and really didnt understand it all at once either, I have since read it a few more times in sections but I have to say that dude is thorough as hell with his tests. I hope to be able to have enough room to be able to do things like that as well as try some breeding experiments. That interests me a bit as well, but I am a ways away from that. I have a good amount of space to do what I do, but I have to do it in tents or spend a couple grand redoing the entire area where my tent is now so thats not going to happen for awhile.

haha whitey i know what you're talkin about all to well, I have this one guy that I smoke with sometimes, every time he has the "oh if its not this its not shit" attitude and I proceed to just silently pack the bowl up. After about 3 hits hes just sitting there staring unable to move, then about 10 mins later you hear "thats some good shit" come out of his mouth then he's like a zombie for the rest of the high lol. I love flooring people who think their weed is the best.

Journal Update:

More grow creeps.

- 9,000 BTU Portable A/C: The room gets quite hot during the summer. Even with the LED temp is still around mid 80's. On cooler days it is late 70's. I want consistency. Also relying on the central a/c unit cost too much power 3,000w comparing to the portable a/c using at 900w.
- 6x 3gal buckets: - Transplanting the flowering plants in 1gal to the 3gal buckets. Going hempy. The airpot is spilling water on the sides wasting the nutes, making the room smelly with EJ+hygrozyme+organic cal/mag tea. Airpot is great when they are 2gal or bigger. I got the bucket they are cheap for 3gal, only 1.50ea
- Temp/RH digital reader: For tent #2. I want to know the RH in this tent and kinda tired of moving one reader back and forth.
- Clone box: It's actually a small transparent box holder for fishing hooks and things, with dividers. The dividers will help removing of the rooted clones better without damaging the root system. I have hard time removing clones from the seed starter tray, so I got this one instead. Since it is transparent, I will block it with a black tape, and remove it to check up on root development. Will give it a run vs the fogger I have going (still no sign of roots) to see which provide faster root development.
- 4 soft white (2700k) CFL: To assist tent #1 with one LED. On the sides it needs a bit more light.
- Trimming scissors: For the up coming harvest! Need a new one, the current one is now for general use I even cut plastic bottles with them. Don't want to use it on trimming nugs even if I clean it throughly. New one will be exclusively for trimming, no contamination.

Damn HD, I didnt even think about how much power the A/C unit I have running just for these. I hadnt even thought about that, nor have I gotten a electric bill with it running full time like it has been this month.

Anyhow I got some good news yesterday about some money was supposed to be coming my way with no set time or date when I was supposed to get it, but I was informed that it should be coming in the next few weeks so its gonna be "Extreme makeover, grow room edition", LOL...But I think I'll be doing the 4x8 with 2 1k lights on movers or 2 XXXL reflectors. Its a decent amount of cash but not enough to do it with big boy LED's though, but its enough to get a nice setup going. I may convert to hydro though. I cant tell you how many times I've been all stressed out stuck at work not able to get home knowing my girls need watering, twice its happened where if it was another hour or so judging by the weight of the pots I would had the droopy leaves going on.

I dont know if I told you guys about the pineapple chunk that I have that I thought was root bound, but I have all my girls in 3 gallon planter pots, but I had some of the older girls in there too long in veg, I should have transplanted them to 5 gallon pots before sending them to flower (another lesson learned). The buds started slowing down and all the others were looking like they were growing better when this one was the front runner for most of the beginning of the grow. I had picked her up one day to pull her out the back door of the tent and hit the main stem on the fan and snapped it about 4 inches down from the main top. It started to heal, then it got knocked over again and from there it would not heal, it was all brown and stringy looking, I could actually see through the stem. But this past monday I decided I couldnt let it go any longer without knowing if it was bound up, so I sawed the bottom of the 3 gallon pot off and filled up a 5 gallon bucket halfway with a bottom layer of perlite and the rest of way with soil and dropped her in. I thought I was gonna see all sorts of stress and problems with her but as I was watering her for the 2nd time since I dropped it in the bucket, a nice layer of nice green fleshy growth has grown over where it snapped, the buds are already showing a fair amount of growth as well. And one other thing....the god damn leaves are turnin purple, LOL..

All that talk about doing this and that to the others to get some color out of them, this one wasnt even a thought, I was figuring whatever I got out of her was gonna be my little personal stash till the next grow as I though it wasnt going to be all that good if at all. I paid no real attention to this one and the other one that hermied on me, I figured something was up with them because they just looked ehhh... not quite right and didnt think they were going to be good. But a good lesson about what sized pots and how long I should veg was learned. The la blanca plant has turned out to be the best looking and growing plant not because of anything genetic but because it was vegged for the proper amount of time for that size pot. The others were in those pots for too long in veg and then when I flipped them I imagine they went crazy producing roots so..... But lesson learned big time.

That makes it 2 fairly decent excuses to switch to some form of hydro as I would have never had this problem however theres always other issues with root rot etc... with hydro that I have already dealt with in my short farming career.

But I took a few pics last night for you guys. Also, a new camera is real high up on my list of things to buy, my Iphone isnt as good as I thought it would be. I have to use the flash because the light in the room isnt enough and the light from the tent ends up making lines in the pics so...a good camera is gonna be one of the things I purchase for my room.

IMG_0551_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0552_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0543_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0548_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0544_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0540_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0534_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_0560_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0558_-_Copy.JPG

LMAO about power smokers....I'm originally from Chicago and moved to Cali 5 something years ago and always thought I was a power smoker...until I tried the lovely Cali herbs that never were seen in Chicago or very rarely. I swear I walked around like a zombie for at least 2 months before I got used to the OG Kushes and purples that were kicking my ass....lol even worse than that, about a year later, I brought back some OG kush and Grandaddy Purps back to Chicago with me on a visit..(just under 1/4 for personal use while there) It sucked though because when I was expecting to socialize and "visit" with my friends...they got so stoned off the cali bud that you could hear mosquito's flying....lol...

Damn yo!! your plants are looking delicious!! I'm glad to see your using some of the same nutrient's I am...hopefully I can expect similar results!! I also may have to be purchasing a portable A/C however my heart kind of skipped a beat when seeing that they are all running somewhere around 1k watts...ouch...that plus my 1k watt lights and fans and shiz...wow...I know this will be a pricey venture for me if I choose this route. Since I live about a mile from the coast, most of the time the temps stay right around 80F but there are about 2 weeks a year when it just gets really hot here so I know I will have to find a solution before that time...lemme know how much the portable A/C adds to your electricity.. I would be very curious to know if I can afford the electric...lol

I just picked up a cloning tray, dome and root riot pods to clone, so far so good and its been about a week and I only have one that died...the rest seem to be healthy as ever...wow...every step to growing is fun!!!

Cant wait to see the final products!!!! looking great!!

Hey Whitey78,

Yes, most of the cost will be on the a/c and light. Unless the air is sucked in from outside with cooler temp. Trying to cut down the cost, putting less stress on the central a/c. If that goes out due to daily use just to cool the room it will shorten the lifespan. Replacing a portable a/c is much economy over the main a/c in the attic, hehe. The portable a/c cost me $270 with shipping. Couldn't find a better deal at the local stores, they were all above $300-400 range.

Your room transformation will help improve the grow tremendously! With 2 - 1K lights for 4x8 should do great. See which cost more, the mover vs the XXXL reflectors. What kind of hydro system are you thinking about? I usually water a little extra and have a drip pan for the airpot to sit in, the run offs will be there for a few days as the plants slowly sucks it back up when they need more.

I can relate with you on the root bound with my Tangerine Dream. It grew so fast was not expected it. Now we know, and can anticipate when to translate based on the body language the plant gives off. There's pros and cons with soil as well with hydro. Once you try both from start to finish you're more sure of what works best for you.

What camera are you thinking of getting?

Plants looking good. How many of the 2L do you currently have flowering?

Know what you mean Icemud! Some of my friends said they got some good weed from other places, and when they tried mine, it knocked them out! Can't under estimate good weed. Usually the nugs does all the talking when shine a light to it, all you see is trichomes reflecting back the lights. Like it was dipped in sugar. Most of my friends getting ripped off from some regular stuff they are paying high price for, just because the dealer said it was dro. When I looked at it, it was far from anything I've seen on this site. The old days of buying is history. lol

This my first time using organic nutrients. So far based on the taste test it is bad ass. The flavor, aroma is more noticeable, and it hits very smooth. You'll be very happy when all is finished! Portable a/c is a must, having the a/c in the grow room deliver cooler air much faster to the hot spots using less energy. With the portable a/c running at 12hrs it will cost me $40/mo. The room is quite small, so it will not be on 12hrs continuously. Once the room reached a desired temp, the machine shuts off automatically, and turns on when it fall out of the programmed temp. So estimated to be around $20-$40 on top of the current bill. Right now my whole electricity bill is around $95/mo with everything; home use, cooking use, and growing use.

I know what you mean by every step is fun. Everyday I find myself doing something grow related, if not researching, it's cutting, cleaning, preparing for next grow while monitoring two current grow. Getting the perpetual down to harvesting every 2 weeks instead of every month. Not only that but every harvest should be over a pound. Have not reach near any of the two goals, yet. I like to stay busy, and finger sticky.

Journal Update:

Unfortunately, the water fogger cloner did not work in my case. After 7 days, no sign of roots. Already transplanted them into the traditional soil cloning method, using the new home made clone box out of bait box, with dividers (included). Not sure why it did not work for me, same with the bubble cloner. Maybe I'm cursed with hydro methods...If anyone wants to try it, please do, it may works or you. I've seen it works for some and when it does it is banging!

Right now I got all the stuff I need, it is time to really lay out the scheduling using excel program and a todo list program for reminder. With the clones, veg, flowering tent #1, and flowering tent #2. With this many going on, I often forget to keep track of what's up next.

I'll be harvesting the first SLH in two days! The Red Dragon decided to shoot more pistils, not sure what's up with that, so I guess I'll wait another week to chop her. Right now I'm stressing her out for high trichome productions. I've read that stressing no more than 14 days before harvest to really make the plant think it's dying, in turn forces trichome production in order to catch flying pollen from a male. Increasing its chance to pass on its gene before death. Will see how that turns out...

From my experience in seeing how the plant grow, I highly recommend anyone to try Red Dragon for one grow for yourself. It is easy and produce quite a lot for indica strain. I did not LST, super crop, topping/fim, or anything on her, she still pack weight. Just want to see how she grow normally without all that. One can only imagine with how much more yield there'll be with applied yield boosting techniques.

In the mean time, I'm preparing a set to do a photoshoot of these plants about to get chop within a week - two weeks...

Journal Update:

Profile on Red Dragon.

Checked the trichomes for amber colors, haven't seen any. They're just getting milky. Right now I'm giving it some stress to increase trichome production. Do you guys think it's ok to chop once I see 20% amber? I have a feeling these can flower out for another few weeks...Height of the plant is at 27 inches tall, with 8 inches in radius for the top cola. Next time I'm putting it under 3gal pot, instead of 1gal. Here are some pics, more matured and developed.

MG_9903.jpg

MG_9932.jpg

MG_9929.jpg

MG_9931.jpg

MG_9938.jpg

There are 6 plants total for this harvest. The first one up is Red Dragon in few days. Then Next week will be the Violator Kush, and then 4 SLH in two weeks.

Very nice brother! I'm late to the show, but... :popcorn:

Love that Red Dragon - nice entry in the POTM contest, win or not it is and should hold it's own. :bravo:

Just wanted to give your POTM plant the props it deserves and sub to your journal. :high-five:

Edit: Oh, and I see nothing wrong with harvesting at 20% amber. I've done it about there and have been very happy with the results. Probably a little less couch-lock at that %, and I'm not quite as into couchlock as a lot of people. Different strokes for different folks, but I like that range frankly.

I just got done harvesting 2 Violator Kush plants from clone. I just finished up clipping, drying, and now curing some super dank Landrace Afghan Kush from World of Seeds. I got an amazing yield off those plants. Buds that were absolutely massive. Also grew a couple plants of Lemon Diesel. Got to be one of my new favorite strains. Everyone I have shared some with wants to buy a bag of it...but its all mine. Yields were not that great but the quality is amazing. I have a LD mother vegging and an aeroponic cloner as well as ordered some LD seeds from EMERALD TRIANGLE along with some other killer strains. So I should be in ok shape lord willing and the creek don't break. As far as the VIOLATOR KUSH I was a bit disappointed. Big huge fox tails and lot's of THC resin crystals. big buds. Got about 2.5 ounces per plant but I just didn't like the stuff. Just not up to my standards I suppose. Different strokes for different folks. I wouldn't grow it again...that Lemon Diesel though...that is another story.

Very nice brother! I'm late to the show, but... :popcorn:

Love that Red Dragon - nice entry in the POTM contest, win or not it is and should hold it's own. :bravo:

Just wanted to give your POTM plant the props it deserves and sub to your journal. :high-five:

Edit: Oh, and I see nothing wrong with harvesting at 20% amber. I've done it about there and have been very happy with the results. Probably a little less couch-lock at that %, and I'm not quite as into couchlock as a lot of people. Different strokes for different folks, but I like that range frankly.

Thanks Xlr8! 20% is a good mix now that I thought more of the couch lock effect with higher %. Like you said, most prefer not to move, I on the other hand like to dance while I'm medicated, heh. Thanks for popping in!

Back
Top Bottom