Tangerine Dream - Violator Kush - Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

Re: Tangerine Dream,Violator Kush,Red Dragon & Super Lemon Haze

That fogger looks totally awesome bro! I hope it works for you, I'm having lousy luck with my cloner.

Good luck fingers crossed for you!

High Drive im totally in on your journal finally caught up phew lol cant wait to see them ladies at the final harvest I'm looking into doing violater kush next grow is it worth the time??

Hey Crower619! Welcome to my grow.

I'm giving the Violator Kush another run for a chance for it to grow normally like any other strains. This one grew all crazy with tiny buds formation...I had a sample smoke from it and it was amazing! Give it a try, yours will come out better than mine.

MG_9829.jpg

I will certainly grow a lot more Red Dragon. It's fox tailing right now, still have 2-3 weeks to go!

MG_9823.jpg

MG_9824.jpg

MG_9825.jpg

MG_9826.jpg

All plants under a 180w LED.

That fogger looks totally awesome bro! I hope it works for you, I'm having lousy luck with my cloner.

Good luck fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Blue! I'll keep you posted on the outcome. Got a few clones in there right now. I'll let it do its thing for a few days before checking for roots development.

Hi Ozman, thanks for popping in. Actually, I'm growing in soil too. The hydro setup you saw is actually a bubbler cloner. I got rid of that and waiting for water fogger for cloning.

haha silly me but still cant wait to see if your heads on your hammerhead do the same as a few of mine have done, on some branches its like they grow fat all the way up the stem but once they get to final 3 to 4 weeks the tops seem to thin out its funny cause it looks like the picture of the strain when your picking your seeds from the seed bank but just a bit more pointy here is a picture of what im trying to say hehehe ! Medical Hammerhead Feminised Seeds - Medical Hammerhead Feminised Seeds - Updated:22/05/2011

a few of mine are a little more pointier if you get what i mean :high-five: nothing to worry about but its different from other strains ive grown where the budds are just thick all the way up to the top :) p.s you and me are the only hammerhead grows ive seen on this forum i guess we must know somthing others dont ;) but i see there sold out at herbies head shop.
i smoked a couple of little budds down the bottom of my plants dried in micro wave no justice there but hey i had to try it and it waked me :tokin: so im guessing finished dried and cured this smoke is going to be awesome :yahoo:.
i only bought 1 feminised hammerhead seed i still have cuttings to keep strain going but i had some afghanica pollen so i pollinated 1 budd just so i dont have to order more seeds im sure it will keep most of the hammerhead traits so im happy.

I will certainly grow a lot more Red Dragon. It's fox tailing right now, still have 2-3 weeks to go!

MG_9823.jpg

MG_9824.jpg

MG_9825.jpg

MG_9826.jpg

All plants under a 180w LED.

That is one beautiful looking plant HighDive :high-five:

I just love her colors.

My TD is doing great, she popped out of the soil and has been all systems go ever since. I think she's going to be a winner :woohoo:

PS I think you should re-enter her if you don't win this month, use some of those pics with the beautiful red colors bro, I'll bet you'll have some awesome nug pics to enter too.... she's a winner :peace:

Hey Ozman,

Oh nice. I think the pointy top is the fin. I wish the seed company have bigger size of that picture, it looks so good I want it as my wallpaper. Mine still have 2 more weeks before the 12/12, can't wait! You are right, it seemed that this strain is not as popular. I have a feeling that we'll have more people jumping on the Hammerhead and take it for a ride very soon.

How long have you been practicing the art of breeding? I want to get into that, waiting for the Grapefruit Diesel to show sex, if I get a male I'll start the experiment. Do you have any pics of the pollinated buds? Like to see how it looks. Hope you get some crazy new strain!

Thanks BlueDog! I'll reshoot her when she's about to get chop, and re-enter if I don't win this time. Just to show her maturity, and enter her buds too for the other contest. All very exciting!

Congrats on your sprouted TD. The hard part is over.
Mine is still taking its sweet time to flower, it hasn't shown much buds development, perhaps the transplant stunt its growth a bit. This strain developed roots really fast, I did not expected that and it out grew the 1 gal airpot. Now it's in 3 gal.

Journal Update:

The clones in the seed starter tray rooted nicely. I went to this soil cloning method after not having success with the bubbler cloner. I'll try again though. Took 2 Red Dragon and 1 Super Lemon Haze and transplanted to the 2 Liter soda bottle. This is the hempy method with a few holes on the side (1.5 inch above the bottom). Right now testing out the water fogger cloner, hope they work. It looks like I need to get more 2L bottles to start filling in the rest of the waiting clones.

MG_9835.jpg

MG_9834.jpg

MG_9837.jpg

MG_9844.jpg

MG_9841.jpg

Can't wait to fill the tent up with these in few weeks after the harvest.

Looking great HD I love the purple 2L's :party:

If you've got a local recycling center that's a good place to find 2L's.

Or you could do what I did, drive around on trash day and look in all the recycling bins lol... we'll find a spot for you on our Olympic Dumpster Diving Team :cheer:

DAYYUUMMM....HD.... That RD is looking unbelievable, if you dont win POTM, an entry now would absolutely win it hands down. Really beautiful man. That strain has been moved up to the top of my list after seeing those pics.

I dont know why barneys and green house seeds only sell feminized seeds, I originally thought it was to prevent anyone from breeding with their genetics or something, but I learned that if I was to let one of them become pollinated they would produce normal seeds. But it still takes away the possibility of a male coming from a batch of seeds from them, you would have to do quite a bit of out and back cross breeding to get a male with the characteristics of the strain you want I imagine. Its something to think about though, I have been doing a little reading up on breeding and all that and its out of my reach right now, for the moment I just need some nice buds to puff on.

Yesterday I ran out to the hydro shop to pick up some SM90 and some more BC bloom as I was out of them and saw that they had Humbolt county's own line of products, the snow storm, gravity, purple maxx and bush master. So I decided to pick up the entire line except the purple maxx, I didnt really see a need for that but I may pick it up in the future just for the hell of it and try it on some of my stuff. However, when it gets down to the bitter end, I plan to drop the night temps down into the high 50's if my AC will bring it down that low and give them a few doses of some 50 or so degree water to try and bring out some colors, well to at least see if that works. When I do it they will be close to chop anyhow so I dont think it will hurt them at all.

That fogger thing is crazy though, theres one dude on here thats all about that stuff and comes across a little crazy, just watch out for him... he thinks his way is it and tries to force it on people with 9000 word essays worse than mine, I think you guys probably know who I'm talking about.........anyways...... I think I will be a permanent follower of your grows HD, your are always doing something different and new, and I am glad to see it. It helps keep others like me interested, even though I am a little more than interested, obsessed is the proper word I think for myself. New techniques and things like this that can make harvests bigger and weed better in general are what things like this forum are all about, I'm glad I can witness your experiments or progression, whatever its called.

Next time you snap some pics can you grab a few of the tangerine dream clones? I'm curious to see what the pheno you have looks like before its full on in flower mode. Mine is moving as slow as I expected as well, the sativa is showing in mine. My kandy kush clone has nugs on her basically while the tangerine dream isnt doing a whole lot but letting her leaves drop down and pushing pistils up. I can only imagine what a full blown sativa is gonna look like when I grow one, LOL....

Anyhow heres a few pics of that tangerine dream I got going....

IMG_0506_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0530_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0495_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0484_-_Copy.JPG

And heres a few others seeing I have no journal here to show everyone so I'll show you guys....

That kandy kush clone that was flipped same time as the TD.

IMG_0494_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0483_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0500_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0529_-_Copy.JPG

Just some of the others... The one below is a pic of la blanca, that thing smells like straight blueberry, has no real MJ smell, just BB's, I think its crazy that weed can smell like fruit, I had no idea when someone sold me bud and said "this is blue berry", I'm thinking "pfffft, yeah ok..." but I thought something was wrong with this lady because she didnt smell like weed at all but once it started putting out some smell it was a good odor to figure out what it resembled.

IMG_0493_-_Copy.JPG

a vanilla kush clone

IMG_0531_-_Copy.JPG

This is one of the smaller colas on one of my bigger girls, look at the size of the one in the background they are getting big on me now. I cant wait to see what they look like in a few weeks.

IMG_0518_-_Copy.JPG

IMG_0505_-_Copy.JPG

And heres that stuff from humbolt counties own

IMG_0524_-_Copy.JPG

Anyhow, let me stop polluting your thread with my bullshit, but again dude, I am really impressed by your red dragon lady, that thing is looking amazing and then some, truly. I cant wait to see what she looks like right before you chop her down.

Anyhow have a good day guys and awesome job HD....

Thanks Whitey! I got lucky with this pheno, it is quite beautiful. Hope she taste good as she looks. Not really into girls with beauty and no brains. heh

Not sure about why they only sells fem seeds. They may not bother with normal seeds production since there isn't any high demands for it, also they can make more bucks with fem seeds. That's how I see it. But some seed co offer normal seeds that is as expensive as the fem seeds. They understand the foundation of creating new strains and let it go wild in the world, let people experiment with it to get their own strain. Different philosophy approach, which to me makes sense for those who wants to get their hands in breeding. Also offering more to those who already doing it. Right now, I'm making my list of good strain to cross with. Will be getting a lot more normal seeds and lesser fem seeds from now on. I have a few good combo in mind and see if I can achieve this. Have you tried breeding?

Nice grab on some new nuts and additives. Heard good things about them. Are you using them on the existing batch or a fresh one to make comparison? I got the secret weapon you recommended. Hope it works wonders.

Does dropping the temp down change colors works on any strains or only to the ones with color changing abilities? If it works on any, I will have to follow your lead on this and paint up them girls.

Yes the fogger is quite interesting. I hope it works, no sign of roots so far. If it does not work this time I'm using a different container, this one has failed once with the bubbler. Maybe it's the chemical from the container that leaks into the water making it not root. Just a thought, not sure what the problem was for the previous test but this time still have my fingers crossed. I think it's fun to see passionate people present their methods. It helps getting the skeptics to try something different. Normally just post up few pics and let speaks for itself. heh

Thanks for the thought of following my grows. I enjoy having you on board. There's always room in my journal for yours too, we could grow the same strain and update it on the same journal that would be crazy. Same strain different environment, methods.

Everything once, fun things twice. I like trying new things especially from what I've seen that works or works better. You are correct, the goal is to produce the best buds what mother nature could but indoor. Also, I'm keeping it organic all the way, and only allowing about 10% being synthetics. Mainly from additives, not main nutes.

Thanks for reminding me. I haven't shot up the TD awhile. I'll snap some when the lights are on today. Yours turning out good. Mine is still way behind, but it is a monster now. Guess it verged a little longer while in bloom. Must have reverted back to it since I found a small light leak in the tent. I had the 6 inch vent in there forgot to tape up the surroundings. It's all good now.

I see you are doing the 2L. How old is that one? Nice Kush you got there. Ah that could be the new wave of demand. Weed that smells like fruits, then the carbon filter company would go bankrupt since there's no need for cover up. I'll let that floats all over the house with no worries. Sir, your house smells like strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, muffins, vanilla, etc…some day!

About the Red Dragon. I'm preparing a nice photo shoot for her before the chop. Aiming for wallpaper quality. The top cola is fox tailing giving off the impression that she is the queen of dragons with the crown shaped top…

Hi BlueDog! Thanks, I painted them blue (after you) but the LED gives off a purple color. My plan today is to dive into a few recycling bin. Hope I don't get stopped by the cops.

The fogger show no sign so far. It's been 3 days now. It has one red LED inside to give off red mist. Perhaps that is effecting the root development? I already blocked it off with a black tape. Giving this another 4 days before making my conclusion.

Man those led lights make the plants look like im tripping hehe
i was going to ask how was the red dragon smoke like ?

About breeding ive been doing it on and off for many years but ive just started up again cause some how i lost all of my beans when i move a few years back so i just bought some seeds about a 4 months ago white russian normal seeds ,afghanica normal seeds
,blackjack normal seeds,hammerhead feminised seeds,greatwhite shark feminised , g13x hashplant normal seeds,ko kush normal seeds so far ive only grown blackjack hammerhead great white shark and afghanica and i could only get a male from the normal seeds and i got lucky i suppose 1 afghanica went male and i pollinated the blackjack and grew it and now ive crossed it again with the afghanica so maybe get a bit more of the afghanica into the strain ive also pollinated a hammerhead with afganica this grow .

you usally get more of the mother in the strain than the father unless you pollinate it again again grow after grow useing the same strain of father ,dont quote me on this its just what ive notived from my breeding i dont read alot of shit i just do it if it works go from there ;)

Hi BlueDog! Thanks, I painted them blue (after you) but the LED gives off a purple color. My plan today is to dive into a few recycling bin. Hope I don't get stopped by the cops.

The fogger show no sign so far. It's been 3 days now. It has one red LED inside to give off red mist. Perhaps that is effecting the root development? I already blocked it off with a black tape. Giving this another 4 days before making my conclusion.

Hey bro don't get discouraged yet, I'd have been amazed if you had roots at 3 days. I doubt that light hurts anything but better safe than sorry. Have you noticed it generating any heat like the other guys were talking about?

Do the clones and stems look healthy and green? I think that's most important, as long as they keep looking healthy they'll eventually pop roots. Fingers crossed for you my friend... :peace:

Back
Top Bottom