Tangwena's Malawi-Style Cob Cure: Fermented Cannabis

These pictures were taken as the cobs came out of a 24-hr sweat.

Cob # 1 was done at harvest. Cob # 2 was hung to dry for two days at around 75-80 degrees and mainly 50% humidity. She hung in my hallway with mild airflow.

Note the darker tones on the cob taken with less moisture.

In this picture the darker cob is the first one, made with wet buds after being washed and hung for four hours. The husk is soaking up those colors.

Can’t wait to open them next week. I’ll be flying out on the 16th so I’ll open them on the 8-10th and then again on the 15th. Then they’ll sit and cure unopened while I vacation for two weeks.

Good Evening Guys and Gals,

I have a question for @tangwena : In cobbs of old, was mold prevalent? Before vacuuming process?

@SweetSue - nice job on the cobbs. I like your experimental nature. Always trying to get better.

I have a question for @tangwena : In cobbs of old, was mold prevalent? Before vacuuming process?

@SweetSue - nice job on the cobbs. I like your experimental nature. Always trying to get better.

I dont thik it would have been continued if mold was a problem with the traditional method. I would have to guess that burying them was done to allow the ferment to take place and also helped keep the mold away. I would venture a guess at the low oxygen levels under ground allowing the process to take place without mold forming.

Very rarely and only in the rainy season due to poor storage after drying. When we did find mold we still smoked them anyway I dont understand all the paranoia with mold.

Very rarely and only in the rainy season due to poor storage after drying. When we did find mold we still smoked them anyway I dont understand all the paranoia with mold.

For the most part I agree...for the last nine years of my career, I was in building maintenance...If I had a dollar for every 1000 spent on consultants... sampling...remediation, and lost revenue due to that, I would be enjoying an even more luxurious retirement...and it worked out pretty well for the medical world...just think penicillin...

...purple mexican(rehydrated) about a month in...untested at this point...

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:

For the most part I agree...for the last nine years of my career, I was in building maintenance...If I had a dollar for every 1000 spent on consultants... sampling...remediation, and lost revenue due to that, I would be enjoying an even more luxurious retirement...and it worked out pretty well for the medical world...just think penicillin...

...purple mexican(rehydrated) about a month in...untested at this point...

...cheerz...h00k...:rollit:
Looks good. Are going to sample soon?

I'm going to try this with 6 stains this month after harvest. Looks interesting.

I'm going to try this with 6 stains this month after harvest. Looks interesting.

Oooo.... Shaman, that was quite an electrical announcement. Lol! Pray tell, what chemovars do you have that you’ll be cobbing? :battingeyelashes:

Hello Miss Sue,

I have Ayahuasca Purple, Big Nugs Fast, GigaBud, Double Black, Maui Waui and Seedsman Blueberry.

Nice work guys! :high-five:

JustMeds, you have me thinking about starting to ferment my buds. Lol!

Hook, have you had the cob wrapped in the husk this entire time? That purple is soooo enticing. Can’t wait to get my DDAs going again. I’ll be swimming in purple cobs. :battingeyelashes:

Hello Miss Sue,

I have Ayahuasca Purple, Big Nugs Fast, GigaBud, Double Black, Maui Waui and Seedsman Blueberry.

Interesting group. It’ll give you a well-rounded choice of effects. Sweet!

Envy. Lol! Do you have the luxury of growing for just yourself? I’m having a hell of a time growing enough for my voracious appetite for good sativas and still meet the patient needs, limited though they may be.

I grow for a few but mostly me. Insomnia pain and ptsd guide my choices.

I had to take down one big nugs fast. Hermies. Started smelling like terpintine. Now it smells like cucumbers and juicy fruit gum.

I grow for a few but mostly me. Insomnia pain and ptsd guide my choices.

I had to take down one big nugs fast. Hermies. Started smelling like terpintine. Now it smells like cucumbers and juicy fruit gum.

I’ll be interested to hear how that smell modifies following the sweat. :battingeyelashes:

Whoops! You already harvested that one. Lol!

Interesting group. It’ll give you a well-rounded choice of effects. Sweet!

Envy. Lol! Do you have the luxury of growing for just yourself? I’m having a hell of a time growing enough for my voracious appetite for good sativas and still meet the patient needs, limited though they may be.

I like Maui Waui sativa. Tropical fruits. Pineapple, oranges and papaya. Yummy!

I like Maui Waui sativa. Tropical fruits. Pineapple, oranges and papaya. Yummy!

Ooo... I grow a Jamaican for the daughter, the indica girl, and it smells like fruit salad heavy in mango when it’s ripe.

I grow Dark Devil Autos for me. It’s a racy, sorta hallucinogenic chemovar, rich in deep purple tones and surrounded by a berry and fuel fragrance. I haven’t yet tried anything that smacked of pineapple. I’ve never tried Maui Waui....yet. Lol!

Nice avatar Shaman. :battingeyelashes:

Back
Top Bottom