TG's First Grow! Bubba Kush - Sour Diesel - Diesel - Critical Kali Mist

Re: TG's First Grow! Bubba Kush, Sour Diesel, Diesel, Critical Kali Mist

Hey TG, how you doin.. Your girls coming along nicely:thumb: So she's into flower already ay??? Ya shoulda let her get bigger :) Love big buds an i cannot lie..lol..But youll get some nice nuggets from her for sure.. When my girl is around your size ill be happy cos im hoping her growth will be strong and established nice n strong.. Her stems not bad for a month old about my little finger wide.
I think its fine if ya runoffs a little different PH, its only a small amount of difference and prob caused by nutes etc; and buildups of salts n stuff in the soil so un less she shows any probs dont worry. But someone may know a reason to alter it i dont kno??
I dont check this PPM stuff, i know what it is but im not sure exactly how big of a diffrence it makes with a slight different PPM reading??
I been using some distilled water lately, but my tap is ok after 24hrs..
Anyways mate, take it ez mate,chat soon! Smokem..;)

Hey Smokeum! Thanks for checking on me, yes I put her into flower. Ive read that she will easily double in size over the next two months, and I didnt want to overgrow the space.I should have let her go for awhile I guess, especially now that im building a bigger flowering room! I was also worried about the roots getting crouded.
Impatient, the plant smells sooo good I wanted buds! Ill be bumping up her nutes tonight still got her on veg nutes until next week, then Ill start giving her flowering nutes, still curious what you guys think about that and when I start the flowering nutes should I start low again, and gradually work her up to 100% or start the flowering nutes where I left off with the veg nutes?

Thanks Tesmp,
I have a couple questions:
The Ph should be 6.5 in the runoff? for some reason the Ph is always a like .4 higher than what I put in, is this normal, should I be using a lower Ph on the input side so I get 6.5 runoff?
I was planning on doing veg nutes for the first two weeks of flower, and then switch to flowering nutes. Is that a good sch? also I was wondering if I need to start with a lower PPM when I start the flowering nutes.

Thanks for all great advice!:peace:

Yeah don't worry about the runoff coming out a little higher then what you put in, totally normal. You don't want to adjust for it just leave your pH at 6.5 when you mix it up... As long as it's around 6.5 +- 5 I would always just leave it right where it is... If it's outside of that then probably give it a flush. I never even really checked my soil grow runoff, I did once a month and it was always around 6.8-6.9.. Don't lower the PPM when you start flowering. i would step it up to about 850 PPM or around there, and yes you have to include the starting PPM. I just take a 5 gallon jug over to the store and fill it up for 1 dollar, I like starting at < 20ppm. But yours are looking good so I would just leave it..

Hey Smokeum! Thanks for checking on me, yes I put her into flower. Ive read that she will easily double in size over the next two months, and I didnt want to overgrow the space.I should have let her go for awhile I guess, especially now that im building a bigger flowering room! I was also worried about the roots getting crouded.
Impatient, the plant smells sooo good I wanted buds! Ill be bumping up her nutes tonight still got her on veg nutes until next week, then Ill start giving her flowering nutes, still curious what you guys think about that and when I start the flowering nutes should I start low again, and gradually work her up to 100% or start the flowering nutes where I left off with the veg nutes?

If you leave the veg nutes then your going to end up stretching a bit more.. And it's going to double in size in the next 3 weeks not 2 months! But the stretching stops after 2-3 weeks usually (luckily). I usually just switch to flowering nutes right away because I don't want it to stretch to much.. Kind of up to you, lots of people run veg nutes a few weeks into flower. Don't slowly up PPM to where you are now, just use tehe same PPM or higher.

My plant looks like its going to die! When I got home today my plant was all wilted. Ill post pics in the morning all the tops look like they are half the size that they were, the main top was laying over limp. I gave it water because it was pretty dry, after I gave it water it looked like it had a full recovery within a half an hour. And then when the lights went off for the night it shriveled back up! What's going on?!?

My plant looks like its going to die! When I got home today my plant was all wilted. Ill post pics in the morning all the tops look like they are half the size that they were, the main top was laying over limp. I gave it water because it was pretty dry, after I gave it water it looked like it had a full recovery within a half an hour. And then when the lights went off for the night it shriveled back up! What's going on?!?

Well being dry could have been the first problem.. Some plants will wilt and look all droopy a few hours before the lights go off.. What have you changed? Let me know what it looks like in the morning, usually if it's the second thing i said it will be all perky in the morning..

Here's what happened I had water that I had ph'd and sealed in a jug. I watered with it I didn't check the ph when I did it because dumbass me didn't think the ph was going to change, I just went to water the babies and decided I should check ph. The ph had raised since I mixed the water three days ago to 8.5! Should I rewater the plant now with 6.5 ph water? The lights are off now. Or should I wait until morning?

heres an update after yesterdays wilting disaster.
The big girl is looking alot getter this morning but still looks as though the tops and leaves are smaller than yesterday and I think she is showing some type of deficiency. Below are some photos, as I said last night she got watered with 8.5 ph'd water yesterday, and I know she needs to eat, but not sure if I should attempt this because she got a full watering last night with 8.5 ph'd water. There is some white and yellowing at some of the edges of some of the leaves. Im wondering if I should flush her with water with the correct Ph, and feed her if I need to let her dry out. Heres the pics...
Bubba_Kush_6th_day_flower_2.jpg
Bubba_Kush_6th_day_flower-yellowing_edges_of_some_leaves.jpg
She looks way better than she did yesterday, it doesnt seem like there has been much growth in the last week, maybe Im trippin but I was expecting more growth.:peace:

Yeah like I figured it would bounce back over the lights out period.. You may be in for a surprise tonight when she gets droopy again, maybe not! 8.5 pH eeeeeek! You could always give it a flush if you'd like, it never really hurts... I always flushed mine twice between weeks 3-5 of flowering. How long ago did you start 12/12, the stretching should just be starting if your around 4-5 days in.. However, soil doesn't stretch nearly as much as hydro. But you'll definitely see it take off soon.

edit: how far away is your light, is it air cooled? sorry if you already told me.

Is it going to be to much stress on the plant to wait until 12 day into flower to lollipop, hasn't stretched that
Much she looks good and I'll post a pic later.

Is it going to be to much stress on the plant to wait until 12 day into flower to lollipop, hasn't stretched that
Much she looks good and I'll post a pic later.

Yeah depending on strains and growing medium (soil) you might not experience a ton of stretch. How far into flowering are you now? and no in my opinion it won't but to much stress at all.. When I'm doing my lollipop'ing on my SCROG I slowly remove some every time I'm training the screen until the end of the second week. After that I just try to keep her happy. You can start stripping real low stuff you know will not be beneficial but don't start clearing stuff up high because what you'll want to do is make the arms stripped except for 8-14" at the top which will turn into your buds.

Yeah depending on strains and growing medium (soil) you might not experience a ton of stretch. How far into flowering are you now? and no in my opinion it won't but to much stress at all.. When I'm doing my lollipop'ing on my SCROG I slowly remove some every time I'm training the screen until the end of the second week. After that I just try to keep her happy. You can start stripping real low stuff you know will not be beneficial but don't start clearing stuff up high because what you'll want to do is make the arms stripped except for 8-14" at the top which will turn into your buds.
She is on day 7, she is compact, close to the pot, I haven't seen a lot of growth up, more outwards.

Hey mate how u goin?? Well hope all goes ok for your girls?? The big one i like, i reckon let her go untouched for a while, and if you are intending to trim, well, IMO- lollipopping sux?? Its been debated over for a while, and id just if anything maybe trim some fans, but when theyre putting all their energy to flower theyre also takin up nutes and absorbing light still so id leave a few on there instea of stripping it.. But if its a proven method to increase your harvest weight well go for it, i just dont get it and am in more favour to let her be.. ANyways, what ever you decide mte, i hope for the best and cant wait to see some juicy buds mate:)
Take it EZ... Smokemup;)

Hey mate how u goin?? Well hope all goes ok for your girls?? The big one i like, i reckon let her go untouched for a while, and if you are intending to trim, well, IMO- lollipopping sux?? Its been debated over for a while, and id just if anything maybe trim some fans, but when theyre putting all their energy to flower theyre also takin up nutes and absorbing light still so id leave a few on there instea of stripping it.. But if its a proven method to increase your harvest weight well go for it, i just dont get it and am in more favour to let her be.. ANyways, what ever you decide mte, i hope for the best and cant wait to see some juicy buds mate:)
Take it EZ... Smokemup;)
Hey Smokeum! Thanks for the input, I already started to lollipop her, so I guess we are going to see where it goes! Ive read alot of differant views on this subject, and I can only think of one way to truley find out, thats to do it... so here we go! when I get her done I will post a pic of it. I was looking at your girl earlier she is looking great!

Heres an update!

The big girl is looking like she is starting to stretch!:cheer: I bought a 600 watt Lumatek dig. ballast, a 6" bad ass fan (490 cfm), and a 600 watt horticulture super hps, I installed the ballast and the new lamp this morning i raised the light to 12" from the top of the plant. I am going to use the 400 watt set up I have for the baby girls to veg under

Temps are at 80
RH is 44%
she is about 32" long now (I say long because she was bent to grow horizontally)
she is 26" wide
has a lot of tops
50% nutes.

Heres some pics.:peace:
Bubba_Kush_8th_day_flower.jpg
Bubba_Kush_8th_day_flower_-_side_view.jpg

Take it EZ... Smokemup;)

I think this is a horrible statement, and one you've not proven it yourself.. And your statement was followed by question marks? Have you ever seen a succesful SCROG? This is my friends LST lollipop'd plant, is there any possible way you could say this "sux"?

2012-07-28_21-00-31_41.jpg

This is only 35 days into flowering, 4 days ahead of me.. Those buds are 24" long and hasn't even got to the part of flowering where they are going to begin filling out.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh but I don't like the internet being filled with misinformation if you don't have a way to back up what you're saying.

edit: sorry TG it's looking great and your going to love the upgrades you got!

Another thing that I got that I've actually had for a couple of weeks is a product called the enhancer they are naturally made co2 canisters that they say you add warm water to and then shake em and they are supposed to supply your room with 1200 ppm of co2 for 2 weeks. The thing is I only bought 2 canisters which supposedly will give me 2 weeks each if used correctly. So I'm wondering what weeks should I use them at the Beginning of flower (now) or the last 4 weeks? I also have read that co2 should not be used at all during the last week of flower.
Has anybody used these, and which weeks would be best to try them out?

Another thing that I got that I've actually had for a couple of weeks is a product called the enhancer they are naturally made co2 canisters that they say you add warm water to and then shake em and they are supposed to supply your room with 1200 ppm of co2 for 2 weeks. The thing is I only bought 2 canisters which supposedly will give me 2 weeks each if used correctly. So I'm wondering what weeks should I use them at the Beginning of flower (now) or the last 4 weeks? I also have read that co2 should not be used at all during the last week of flower.
Has anybody used these, and which weeks would be best to try them out?

never heard or used them before.. You are correct as far as I can remember not running them the last week/weeks of flowering, at least that's what someone I know does but he has c02 tanks (shouldn't make a difference). That being said, I would run them now and possibly get one more for weeks 0-6 and then shut them off the last few.. I have no idea if I'm right though! Make sure you see how big that space is for 1200 ppm because it would have to be different for different sized grow rooms.

A small update,

My new flowering room is almost done! I biult 7x7x8 room. Heres some pics I could really get an angle.
New_7x7x8_grow_room_2.jpg
New_7x7x8_grow_room.jpg

The babies are starting to grow and smelling up the room already! My bigger plant is growing very slowly maybe about 1" aday but only o
10th_day_flower.jpg
n some of the limbs that were the shortest. The cool thing is they are catching up with the main top.
10th_day_flower_side_view.jpg

I think this is a horrible statement, and one you've not proven it yourself.. And your statement was followed by question marks? Have you ever seen a succesful SCROG? This is my friends LST lollipop'd plant, is there any possible way you could say this "sux"?

2012-07-28_21-00-31_41.jpg

This is only 35 days into flowering, 4 days ahead of me.. Those buds are 24" long and hasn't even got to the part of flowering where they are going to begin filling out.

Sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh but I don't like the internet being filled with misinformation if you don't have a way to back up what you're saying.

edit: sorry TG it's looking great and your going to love the upgrades you got!

Sorry for any offence tesmp or TG??? As i said 'In My Opinion', which has no scientific merit, or a results based comment.. It was just in regard to how ive seen some plants stripped of 3/4 their leaves and some branches..
I said unless its a proven method then go for it? So i wasnt saying dont lolli pop ur plant - its urs to do as you will and whatever method u choose is also entirely up to you.. I am not the worlds source of definitive marijuana growing, there is sooo much i still need to learn in regards to full hydroponics,growing methods and techniques - but i am not totally stupid and have a LITTLE knowledge, and an opinion.. Opinions are like assholes everyone has one and sometimes they stink!
So please dont run me down for stating an opinion, as it was only directed at the stripping of leaf material on some plants ive seen ok??SORRY:lot-o-toke: SMOKEMUP.....

Thats a shit go.. I hate mis interpretations over writing.. Its just like a text message, if read in a way it could be taken either light heartedly or cause a stir.. I commented on how i hate the looks of a stripped 'lolli pop' plant?? No im not a successfull SCROG,SOG,SUPER CROP or MONSTER CROPPING grower.. Im learning still but can at least say so, im 32 now, ive known weed since i was 4, smoking it at 14 and have grown at least 40 plants.. No its not much, they were mainly outdoors and only in last few yrs have tried indoors..So yeah i am sorry..
Ill refrain from any subjective comments in future.. Now i just feel like an ass...

No bro don't act like that.. I wasn't offended and didn't mean for you to be.. But to say it sucks is like me saying you growing a 5 foot plant sucks.. and I'm NOT GOING to tell you it sucks (even if I think so, which I don't). I think that stripping a plant of it's fan leaves is a bad idea, that is called defoliation not lollipop'ing. Stripping the lower 1/4 of a branch or under a SCROG is very beneficial and that's all I was referring to when replying.

And TG, I love you room :) Actually a little jealous! I have a shitty old tent (well new)! You can bring your light down though, how far up is it? and temps?

Back
Top Bottom