TG's First Grow! Bubba Kush - Sour Diesel - Diesel - Critical Kali Mist

Re: TG's First Grow! Bubba Kush, Sour Diesel, Diesel, Critical Kali Mist

My last grow just before flower, i had tethered her branches to certain points as it was quite crowded, so i just slowly adjusted the branches over the first week or so, so that they all got enough light.. So long as nuthins snapped mate, she should fill in all the blanks with buds for ya!! Hope you get a good harvest mate.. Good luk, SMOKEM>>

It's amazing how it's already fillIng in. All those tops were inside and under fan leaves. :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

Loving the grow mate :;): Been researching on here for awhile now and this is by far my favourite setup , So basic and simple , Just the beautiful girl(s), Lights and Fans :love: Hope all is well after the LST , Looking forward to updates, Especially the photos, Good luck mate, Subbed :goodjob:

Yeah its mad ay!! I m waiting for my base branches to grow out some more but they have light to all the tops and most way down branches. Theres branches coming out everywhere from my undergrowth which is good..
Once my girl goes vert i should get a nice harvest- wanting least 8 oz again from the one girl - last was 5ft un touched xmas tree style!
Make sure you keep me updated with pics! Its giving me a rough guide as to how im doing.. Cheers TG:goodjob:
Chat soon.. SMokem..

Loving the grow mate :;): Been researching on here for awhile now and this is by far my favourite setup , So basic and simple , Just the beautiful girl(s), Lights and Fans :love: Hope all is well after the LST , Looking forward to updates, Especially the photos, Good luck mate, Subbed :goodjob:
Hey Linaxter, thanks for checking out my grow, and thanks for the kind words. Hopefully we will get some good buds out of these girls! It looks like the lst is really helping the plant out, we'll know for sure in a couple of months. Stay tuned, and I'm opened to any suggestions to make the grow better.

Yeah its mad ay!! I m waiting for my base branches to grow out some more but they have light to all the tops and most way down branches. Theres branches coming out everywhere from my undergrowth which is good..
Once my girl goes vert i should get a nice harvest- wanting least 8 oz again from the one girl - last was 5ft un touched xmas tree style!
Make sure you keep me updated with pics! Its giving me a rough guide as to how im doing.. Cheers TG:goodjob:
Chat soon.. SMokem..
Hey Smokem, yea it just seems to make sense with all the light that is getting to the center of the plant. I'm checking out your grow. I'm hoping we both get some excellent buds from our girls!

hey man, stopped by after seeing your comment in mine. looking good! cant wait to see the buds that thing makes.

are you planning on doing any defoliation?

hey man, stopped by after seeing your comment in mine. looking good! cant wait to see the buds that thing makes.

are you planning on doing any defoliation?

Thanks for checking out Driftme!
Sorry man I'm still trying to figure all this out, I'm loving every second of it though!
How much defoliation do you think I should do? I hear people say not to, and I hear people say we should.
What do you suggest? I really appreciate any knowledge I can get from you.

What parts of my plant should I be trimming? Should I clean out the small inside growth or is it better to let the small stuff grow?

Hello TG, glad you stopped by my journal :) Your doing great for your first grow, you must have really done your research! Have you gotten any help from your friends or just internet research??

Few things that I've noticed as I went through your journal. I would pH your nutes to 6.5 unless you don't have pH up it will be fine (I would still buy some, pH up/down). Your temps are looking real good so no need to worry there, what is your humidity like? I saw that you asked about how often you should feed and when I did soil I always went feed..feed..water... I like pushing the plants to as much as they can take and if they show signs of it being a little to much I just like backing off a tad. Seems to be a fine line between getting the absolute most you can out of them and then a little more things can go wrong.

If you have a home made DWC you should definitely throw one of those seedlings in it :) I can help you with any questions you have and I'm pretty sure you'll fall in love (over soil). Growth, yield, overall easiness to me is to much to do soil anymore.. I only did 30 days veg on my SCROG and filled my 6 sq/ft screen. Yield is going to blow away any soil grow I've down by double maybe even triple.

It's to bad you just started flowering yesterday you could have easily thrown in a screen like you were saying you wished you could have done.. I LST'd my plant before I threw my screen in.. What I did was LST it to the left, let it grow like that for about 4-5 days but kept pulling the top down and then I threw the screen in for another 4-5 days and started flowering..

Don't worry about flushing your plants before you put them into flower... I would also step up the strength of your nutes a bit, it's pretty damn big for only being 1/4 strength... You could go to half but then ramp it up within a few feedings to full strength. K never mind scratch that about throwing a seedling to the DWC I just saw you put them into the pots... Which is another thing I was going to suggest.. I would not put them into the white pots, you want the roots to be completely dark.. And also you don't need lighting from the bottom. Since you have a 400w I wouldn't really worry about penetration to much, it will penetrate enough by itself.

I keep my light anywhere from 4-8" from the tops of my plants depending on how the strain reacts to heat. The purple kush I ran and this critical sensi star love the heat it seems so I keep the light rather close. My temp is pretty solid at around 79F +- 1F but I've had some plants cup there leaves upward from the light being to close.

I would strongly recommend against doing defoliation, as in removing fan leaves or lightening things up all around the plant.. I did with my first SCROG and it was the biggest mistake I ever made growing. What I would recommend you to do is to let the tops grow up from your LST job and then when they're about 12-16" tall after the stretching starts to slow from flowering then lollipop them.. In case you don't know that means you'll want to completely strip the lower 4-5" off of each arm and then allow the top of the arm which should be about 8-12" grow into solid buds... If you can't quite picture what I'm talking about look at the side shots of my SCROG where you can see underneath the screen and you'll be doing the exact same thing but without the screen there. Strip the lower worthless popcorn sized stuff and focus on larger buds at the top of each arm...

One last thing, everything I have said is only a suggestion please don't go out and do any single thing I've said without thinking about it or at least doing a little more research to make sure it's what you want to do or if I'm even correct. The reason I'm saying this is because while there is a basic foundation for growing everyone has different conditions, strains, experience, etc and some things work well for some people and do the exact opposite for others. If you have any more questions let me know, I'll be back often!

edit: +rep for the good work

double edit: :) if you can keep pulling down the main top so that all the lower tops can catch up to it and you have an even canopy all the way across the plant... Could you take a side shot like directly from the side of the plant... If you have a digital camera I can try and help you white balance it so that you don't have the red from the HPS.

Hello TG, glad you stopped by my journal :) Your doing great for your first grow, you must have really done your research! Have you gotten any help from your friends or just internet research??

Few things that I've noticed as I went through your journal. I would pH your nutes to 6.5 unless you don't have pH up it will be fine (I would still buy some, pH up/down). Your temps are looking real good so no need to worry there, what is your humidity like? I saw that you asked about how often you should feed and when I did soil I always went feed..feed..water... I like pushing the plants to as much as they can take and if they show signs of it being a little to much I just like backing off a tad. Seems to be a fine line between getting the absolute most you can out of them and then a little more things can go wrong.

If you have a home made DWC you should definitely throw one of those seedlings in it :) I can help you with any questions you have and I'm pretty sure you'll fall in love (over soil). Growth, yield, overall easiness to me is to much to do soil anymore.. I only did 30 days veg on my SCROG and filled my 6 sq/ft screen. Yield is going to blow away any soil grow I've down by double maybe even triple.

It's to bad you just started flowering yesterday you could have easily thrown in a screen like you were saying you wished you could have done.. I LST'd my plant before I threw my screen in.. What I did was LST it to the left, let it grow like that for about 4-5 days but kept pulling the top down and then I threw the screen in for another 4-5 days and started flowering..

Don't worry about flushing your plants before you put them into flower... I would also step up the strength of your nutes a bit, it's pretty damn big for only being 1/4 strength... You could go to half but then ramp it up within a few feedings to full strength. K never mind scratch that about throwing a seedling to the DWC I just saw you put them into the pots... Which is another thing I was going to suggest.. I would not put them into the white pots, you want the roots to be completely dark.. And also you don't need lighting from the bottom. Since you have a 400w I wouldn't really worry about penetration to much, it will penetrate enough by itself.

I keep my light anywhere from 4-8" from the tops of my plants depending on how the strain reacts to heat. The purple kush I ran and this critical sensi star love the heat it seems so I keep the light rather close. My temp is pretty solid at around 79F +- 1F but I've had some plants cup there leaves upward from the light being to close.

I would strongly recommend against doing defoliation, as in removing fan leaves or lightening things up all around the plant.. I did with my first SCROG and it was the biggest mistake I ever made growing. What I would recommend you to do is to let the tops grow up from your LST job and then when they're about 12-16" tall after the stretching starts to slow from flowering then lollipop them.. In case you don't know that means you'll want to completely strip the lower 4-5" off of each arm and then allow the top of the arm which should be about 8-12" grow into solid buds... If you can't quite picture what I'm talking about look at the side shots of my SCROG where you can see underneath the screen and you'll be doing the exact same thing but without the screen there. Strip the lower worthless popcorn sized stuff and focus on larger buds at the top of each arm...

One last thing, everything I have said is only a suggestion please don't go out and do any single thing I've said without thinking about it or at least doing a little more research to make sure it's what you want to do or if I'm even correct. The reason I'm saying this is because while there is a basic foundation for growing everyone has different conditions, strains, experience, etc and some things work well for some people and do the exact opposite for others. If you have any more questions let me know, I'll be back often!

edit: +rep for the good work

double edit: :) if you can keep pulling down the main top so that all the lower tops can catch up to it and you have an even canopy all the way across the plant... Could you take a side shot like directly from the side of the plant... If you have a digital camera I can try and help you white balance it so that you don't have the red from the HPS.

Thanks for saying so, I have read and read and read alot of it on this forumn. there is a wealth of knowledge here that is phenominal!Most of the stuff I learned was from reading these threads, a couple of books, alot of Google searches. I still dont know shit! I think Ive been very lucky so far. Im deffinatly trying hard!

When I started out I thought I was supposed to use the same ph values as you would use for Hydro Luckily I read what it is supposed to be and chenged it to about 6.2 before there was too much damage. I will make sure it is 6.5 from here on out in soil. I actually have Ph up and down, and just about everthing that I can think of to do the DWC, Ireally want to do Hydro, every sense I started researching this stuff Hydro was what I was really planning on doing. Ive spent atleast $600 just getting ready to use the DWC set up with the nutes, meters, pumps, air stones. The reason I used soil was because I got impatient, and my medical card was lagging coming from the state so i started one plant in soil. I wanted to do more than one plant but I didnt have all of the seeds yet so I did the soil thing. Then when I got my seeds I actually started four of them in rockwool with the intent to do the DWC all four of the plants looked good for about a day and then shriveled up and died! so I decided that I would grow these plants in soil and take clones for the hydro. I will pull to clones off the big plant as you sugested, I don't know why I didnt do that. I guess Im just anxous to get all the bud I can out of the plant!

Could I still put a screen over the big one or is that a bad idea?

I will lollipop it also, and stay away from defoliation.

I will get more pics up on Thursday with the side pics.

Dude, I really appriciate you taking a look at my grow, Your input is awsome! :peace:

Thanks for saying so, I have read and read and read alot of it on this forumn. there is a wealth of knowledge here that is phenominal!Most of the stuff I learned was from reading these threads, a couple of books, alot of Google searches. I still dont know shit! I think Ive been very lucky so far. Im deffinatly trying hard!

When I started out I thought I was supposed to use the same ph values as you would use for Hydro Luckily I read what it is supposed to be and chenged it to about 6.2 before there was too much damage. I will make sure it is 6.5 from here on out in soil. I actually have Ph up and down, and just about everthing that I can think of to do the DWC, Ireally want to do Hydro, every sense I started researching this stuff Hydro was what I was really planning on doing. Ive spent atleast $600 just getting ready to use the DWC set up with the nutes, meters, pumps, air stones. The reason I used soil was because I got impatient, and my medical card was lagging coming from the state so i started one plant in soil. I wanted to do more than one plant but I didnt have all of the seeds yet so I did the soil thing. Then when I got my seeds I actually started four of them in rockwool with the intent to do the DWC all four of the plants looked good for about a day and then shriveled up and died! so I decided that I would grow these plants in soil and take clones for the hydro. I will pull to clones off the big plant as you sugested, I don't know why I didnt do that. I guess Im just anxous to get all the bud I can out of the plant!

Could I still put a screen over the big one or is that a bad idea?

I will lollipop it also, and stay away from defoliation.

I will get more pics up on Thursday with the side pics.

Dude, I really appriciate you taking a look at my grow, Your input is awsome! :peace:

Your doing a great job, I wouldn't say it's luck you know what your supposed to be doing and your doing it.

I'm sure you've seen this floating around but maybe not:

Nutrient_Chart2.gif

As you can see the proper pH for soil is between 6.3-6.8 (6.5 obviously lying in the middle). You setting it to 6.2 is more then fine but not the absolute best place it could be. Doing a soil grow at first is not all that bad, some people would suggest it.. I really think you could have done just fine starting out with hydro and I think you should give it a try real soon! If you don't mind me asking are you in the east, west, or mid US (you can PM me if you'd like, just curious).

You can definitely throw a screen in right now but you just won't fill a super big one... You need to get the main top at the same height as the lower stuff, if you were to put a screen in you would want it about 8-10" above the pot. I almost forgot to ask, what size pot is it in right now? You might want to transplant it real quick if it's not 3 gallons or more. Do you know how wide your plant is?

Your doing a great job, I wouldn't say it's luck you know what your supposed to be doing and your doing it.

I'm sure you've seen this floating around but maybe not:

Nutrient_Chart2.gif

As you can see the proper pH for soil is between 6.3-6.8 (6.5 obviously lying in the middle). You setting it to 6.2 is more then fine but not the absolute best place it could be. Doing a soil grow at first is not all that bad, some people would suggest it.. I really think you could have done just fine starting out with hydro and I think you should give it a try real soon! If you don't mind me asking are you in the east, west, or mid US (you can PM me if you'd like, just curious).

You can definitely throw a screen in right now but you just won't fill a super big one... You need to get the main top at the same height as the lower stuff, if you were to put a screen in you would want it about 8-10" above the pot. I almost forgot to ask, what size pot is it in right now? You might want to transplant it real quick if it's not 3 gallons or more. Do you know how wide your plant is?

I really want to do hydro. The clones I take this Thursday will go directly into Rockwool, I have cloning gel, so I guess I will just keep the medium moist? Oh yea I gottta get a dome for it. Any suggestions on cloning, I hear it's very simple. Can't wait to try!

Im Gioing to keep bending her to get her main top at the same level. It's in a 5 gallon pot. I'm using advanced nutes which I bought for the DWC. They seem to be doing something. I will up the nutes to 50% and I was planning on running veg nutes for another week and then switch to the flower nutes. What do you think about that? She's about 24" wide right now. She has tons of tops, I fim'd her about the second week of veg once.:peace:

I really want to do hydro. The clones I take this Thursday will go directly into Rockwool, I have cloning gel, so I guess I will just keep the medium moist? Oh yea I gottta get a dome for it. Any suggestions on cloning, I hear it's very simple. Can't wait to try!

Im Gioing to keep bending her to get her main top at the same level. It's in a 5 gallon pot. I'm using advanced nutes which I bought for the DWC. They seem to be doing something. I will up the nutes to 50% and I was planning on running veg nutes for another week and then switch to the flower nutes. What do you think about that? She's about 24" wide right now. She has tons of tops, I fim'd her about the second week of veg once.:peace:

Very impressed that this is your first grow, you really seem to do your research which is awesome. For cloning since you have the rooting gel I would only suggest for your to switch to Rapid Rooters instead of Rockwool cubes. I would also start your seedlings in them as well, they are soooo much better. Most people have a problem over soaking the rockwool. With the Rapid Rooters you won't have this problem and the rooting is phenomenal, check the first page of my journal on how to do get them started. For clones you'll just get a sterile sharp razor blade cut off a nice clone at a nice 45 degree angle. Dip it into rooting hormone and stick it into the Rapid Rooter.. Place it under a small CFL bulb 24/7 and in a humidity dome.. 7-10 day or so you should see some roots. Also mist the plants a few times every day.

If you want a sure fire way of cloning I would look into an aeroponic cloning system.. Just google it. What I would do is keep LST'ing the tops down until about a week into flowering possibly a little longer if your getting a lot of stretch. After that week let the tops all grow up and that should give you 12-16" tops and then you'll want to strip the lower 4-5" off (lollipop). At that point just do everything you can to keep her happy temp wise, RH, nutes, etc.. If you aren't seeing a lot of stretching going on you probably won't want to keep LST'ing for to long so that your arms are still a decent length.. The arms are going to turn into a solid bud if you strip the lower stuff off the bottom.

edit: oh yeah if you want to promote more stretch then do what you were planning with running the veg nutes for another week :)

Heres an update and some pics. The temps have been staying consistently between 79 and 81. RH has been between 46% and 53%. I don't have a soil PH tester but the water there drinking has a PH of 6.5. I was curious about something. I am using county water and it has a ppm of 340, is this bad? Ive been using this water since germination. Will this seriously hurt the plants?
Seedlings are growing finally, and the bigger plant is looking beautiful!
Heres some pics the big plant is 4 days into flower mode, and Ill have to think about how long ago the seedlings sprouted:lot-o-toke: I have it written down somewhere.

4th_day_into_flower.jpg
4th_day_Flower.jpg

:peace:

Looks very good, loving the big plant!! As far as soil pH don't get a soil pH tester.. What you did is water till you get runoff in your pots (hopefully you do this anyways) and then test the pH of the runoff.. You want the stuff that comes out right at first...

That's pretty high ppm for a starting point with the water but you've been using it and it looks great so I wouldn't personally change it.. Definitely want to bump the nute mix up to about 700-800 though :)

Thanks Tesmp,
I have a couple questions:
The Ph should be 6.5 in the runoff? for some reason the Ph is always a like .4 higher than what I put in, is this normal, should I be using a lower Ph on the input side so I get 6.5 runoff?
I was planning on doing veg nutes for the first two weeks of flower, and then switch to flowering nutes. Is that a good sch? also I was wondering if I need to start with a lower PPM when I start the flowering nutes.

Thanks for all great advice!:peace:

Hey TG, how you doin.. Your girls coming along nicely:thumb: So she's into flower already ay??? Ya shoulda let her get bigger :) Love big buds an i cannot lie..lol..But youll get some nice nuggets from her for sure.. When my girl is around your size ill be happy cos im hoping her growth will be strong and established nice n strong.. Her stems not bad for a month old about my little finger wide.
I think its fine if ya runoffs a little different PH, its only a small amount of difference and prob caused by nutes etc; and buildups of salts n stuff in the soil so un less she shows any probs dont worry. But someone may know a reason to alter it i dont kno??
I dont check this PPM stuff, i know what it is but im not sure exactly how big of a diffrence it makes with a slight different PPM reading??
I been using some distilled water lately, but my tap is ok after 24hrs..
Anyways mate, take it ez mate,chat soon! Smokem..;)

Right now the nutes are at 600 this is with a starting point of 340, so I am going to bump it up to about 1000 ppm tonight, kind of confused should I be starting out with the 340 ppm and including the 340 in my calculations, guess I would half to, because its metals that already in the water right? anyways this is the way I have doing it. Im gonna keep doing it this way until I see something wrong.

I am going to pull two clones off the big one tonight, I hope that isnt going to be to big of a shock to the plant beings that I just put her into flower 5 days ago...

Back
Top Bottom