TG's First Grow! Bubba Kush - Sour Diesel - Diesel - Critical Kali Mist

Re: TG's First Grow! Bubba Kush, Sour Diesel, Diesel, Critical Kali Mist

No bro don't act like that.. I wasn't offended and didn't mean for you to be.. But to say it sucks is like me saying you growing a 5 foot plant sucks.. and I'm NOT GOING to tell you it sucks (even if I think so, which I don't). I think that stripping a plant of it's fan leaves is a bad idea, that is called defoliation not lollipop'ing. Stripping the lower 1/4 of a branch or under a SCROG is very beneficial and that's all I was referring to when replying. I really appreciate both of you input, I'm really leaning tords scrip, and truly believe the lollipopin is going to do good things for my plant. No offense was taken by me, I appreciate your opinions, but the lollipopin is something I'm gona be doing, and we will see how it works for me. I have seen a lot of documentation that it helps, and others are against it, so I convinced and am going for this.

And TG, I love you room :) Actually a little jealous! I have a shitty old tent (well new)! You can bring your light down though, how far up is it? and temps?
don't be jealous it was easy bro! It took me about 4 hours, and it cost me about $100. Go for it man, it's simple. I'll be lowering the light to about 12" I'm trying to bring it down slowly hoping that it don't shock the plants, they are only about 5" tall and smell stronger than the big plant. The Criticsl x Kali Mkst has the oddest most pungount smell of all of thencem it smells like skunk and some kind of food, awesome!

No bro don't act like that.. I wasn't offended and didn't mean for you to be.. But to say it sucks is like me saying you growing a 5 foot plant sucks.. and I'm NOT GOING to tell you it sucks (even if I think so, which I don't). I think that stripping a plant of it's fan leaves is a bad idea, that is called defoliation not lollipop'ing. Stripping the lower 1/4 of a branch or under a SCROG is very beneficial and that's all I was referring to when replying.

And TG, I love you room :) Actually a little jealous! I have a shitty old tent (well new)! You can bring your light down though, how far up is it? and temps?

Ok.. Sorry guys. I just wasnt tryin to say anyones methods are shit. Was just a passing comment meant to be about some plants ive seen ( NOT ANY of you guys ) that were grown vert, to about maybe 3.5ft and then stripped off pretty much all lower branches and 3/4 of the fan leaves from middle up were all trimmed off. They were putting it into flower and it only had sum small buds from 1/3rd up, growing at the node site where the branch grows out?? No branch- just a bud growing either side of the main stem, and then just a main cola really.
It looked like an un happy plant to me! Poor thing, but ive seen few ppl doing it but usually they have more growth from the main stem, some branches with only few leaves - that was better IMO but yeah, i dunno name of this 'TECHNIQUE':hmmmm: it wasnt being SCROG'd or nuthin, just xmas tree...Without the branches LOL.. Anyways thanks and i apologise for being a grumpy old fart.. Its my birthday and ive been going thru like MAN-O-PAUSE?? :) I took CINDY out of her room for algae check, and the silly girl has managed to send a whole heap of massive thick white roots thru the pebbles i had in the base of her pot!!:bitingnails: So i dunno what im gunna do now i need some sort of tray under her

ok.. Sorry guys. I just wasnt tryin to say anyones methods are shit. Was just a passing comment meant to be about some plants ive seen ( not any of you guys ) that were grown vert, to about maybe 3.5ft and then stripped off pretty much all lower branches and 3/4 of the fan leaves from middle up were all trimmed off. They were putting it into flower and it only had sum small buds from 1/3rd up, growing at the node site where the branch grows out?? No branch- just a bud growing either side of the main stem, and then just a main cola really.
It looked like an un happy plant to me! Poor thing, but ive seen few ppl doing it but usually they have more growth from the main stem, some branches with only few leaves - that was better imo but yeah, i dunno name of this 'technique':hmmmm: It wasnt being scrog'd or nuthin, just xmas tree...without the branches lol.. Anyways thanks and i apologise for being a grumpy old fart.. Its my birthday and ive been going thru like man-o-pause?? :) i took cindy out of her room for algae check, and the silly girl has managed to send a whole heap of massive thick white roots thru the pebbles i had in the base of her pot!!:bitingnails: So i dunno what im gunna do now i need some sort of tray under her
happy bday!!!

Yup happy birthday to ya!!

and the plant I showed a pic of on the last page when I replied was not under a SCROG either.. Just LST'd then lollipop'd.. Beautiful in my eyes :)

THANKS MATEE:) appreciate it buddy!! Take care n have a good one:thumb:
SMOKEMUP;)

Yup happy birthday to ya!!

and the plant I showed a pic of on the last page when I replied was not under a SCROG either.. Just LST'd then lollipop'd.. Beautiful in my eyes :)

Lol, that lst is deffinately a thing of beauty! What do u think the yield will be on that thing? Can you pm me the link to your friends journal? I really want to see that grow finish, crazy shit. I want to see what he used. Im still planning on a scrog for one of my babies, but would like to try to follows your friends technique for one of my other plants. The Critical Kali Mist I have is growing strong but is lanky, would this be a good scrog candidate? It seems to grow fast. What do you think? You said you lst'd yours at first did you just bend it over? The ckm
Is from delicious seeds as I believe your current scrog was also, it was listed as a fast sativa, as I think your current scrog was also. Did your strain grow like this? Anyways trying to make a decision on which strain would be best for scrog out of the plants I have. This week I am lollipoping my big plant and then I will be starting her on her flowering nutes at 50% or should I bump her up to 75% she is drinking a gallon of water per day now. She has been very slow on the stretch but she is stretching some. I have read that bubba kush is not a big stretcher. I could be wrong though, maybe I'm just doing something wrong. She looks healthy though.

Lol, that lst is deffinately a thing of beauty! What do u think the yield will be on that thing? Can you pm me the link to your friends journal? I really want to see that grow finish, crazy shit. I want to see what he used. Im still planning on a scrog for one of my babies, but would like to try to follows your friends technique for one of my other plants. The Critical Kali Mist I have is growing strong but is lanky, would this be a good scrog candidate? It seems to grow fast. What do you think? You said you lst'd yours at first did you just bend it over? The ckm
Is from delicious seeds as I believe your current scrog was also, it was listed as a fast sativa, as I think your current scrog was also. Did your strain grow like this? Anyways trying to make a decision on which strain would be best for scrog out of the plants I have. This week I am lollipoping my big plant and then I will be starting her on her flowering nutes at 50% or should I bump her up to 75% she is drinking a gallon of water per day now. She has been very slow on the stretch but she is stretching some. I have read that bubba kush is not a big stretcher. I could be wrong though, maybe I'm just doing something wrong. She looks healthy though.

I think that big plant should be on 100% nutes already but yeah you should bump it up to at least 75%.. Mine is 90/10 indica/sativa but grows and looks kind of similar to a sativa. long thing leaves and sure grew fast.. Mine is from delicious as well.

I did LST mine I just pulled it down to the left when she was about 10" tall, pulled it down to about 6" and let all the new tops (and main top) grow back up to about 10" and threw the screen in 10" above the netpot..

Can't really tell you what would be best for doing the SCROG.. You want one that is branching a whole lot and that is a heavy yielder.. Sativas generally grow tall and lanky and take forever to flower so I don't really know! I think indicas are generally the best to SCROG, could be wrong but I've just done indica dom plants..

No idea on yield on his... He's had buds that weighed 1/4 pound wet when he chopped em last time, many of them ended up an ounce a piece. and these are even bigger and only at day 41 or something.

Another hard decision! I have a sour d that is a knock off I think because everything I got from the seed bank says its 60/40 indica domanent which I thought sour d was supposed to be the opposite maybe she will be the one. Will see gotta do some research on the strains I got, but just to clarify I should be looking for a fast grower that produces a high yield? I guess that's a kinda stupid question. I'm learning. Would love to have a scrog like yours! Your scrog looks like all the good ones I've looked at, it looks fricking amazing, I'm gona research the best strains for scrog. I hope I have one! Might have to learn the hard way, at least I KNOW I'm good at that, lol...

Another hard decision! I have a sour d that is a knock off I think because everything I got from the seed bank says its 60/40 indica domanent which I thought sour d was supposed to be the opposite maybe she will be the one. Will see gotta do some research on the strains I got, but just to clarify I should be looking for a fast grower that produces a high yield? I guess that's a kinda stupid question. I'm learning. Would love to have a scrog like yours! Your scrog looks like all the good ones I've looked at, it looks fricking amazing, I'm gona research the best strains for scrog. I hope I have one! Might have to learn the hard way, at least I KNOW I'm good at that, lol...

Thank you and you can pretty much SCROG whatever plant you'd like but sativas can keep stretching and stretching and stretching and you could end up with an overgrown SCROG which is the worst...

Yes you want a heavy yielder and something on the indica side if it is a hybrid. Sensi Star is awesome for SCROG, like I have said I didn't top/fim once and look at all my tops.. The regular Sensi Star is great as well. You want something that is going to stretch to fill out the screen and then grow above it a good 8-12".. It's hard knowing that when you've never grown it :)

I'm going to start looking at all the good scrogs And make a decision, I hope one of the plants I got are good for it!

I'm going to start looking at all the good scrogs And make a decision, I hope one of the plants I got are good for it!

I grew a 2L called giesel diesel and it was chemdawg x mass super skunk... I'm seeing that the sour d is 91 chedawg x mass super skunk, I always thought that plant would of been a good candidate for a SCROG. Nice fat bud, took the lollipop'ing well, and had a good bit of stretch. How is yours growing?

I would be way to scared to have to much stretch with the kali..

edit: After replying to another post I realized I was giving you bad advice when saying you should bump your nutes up to x%... I never really even thought about it, I don't go off % of recommended and haven't for a long time. I always just check the PPM of my nutes.... I am actually only running 75% of what BPN recommend because when I mix it at 100% it comes out to like 1400+ ppm with the bloom booster. And I'm starting with only 9 ppm RO water. Sorry never really thought about it, and without a PPM/EC meter I can't recommend to you if you should increase/decrease your nutes. You can always up it till you see tiny bit of burn on the very tip and then back off a tad.

looks like things are going well
looking good here
anyhow im using a simple dwc bubbler youd be surprised how simple it can be and hpw good it can work

I grew a 2L called giesel diesel and it was chemdawg x mass super skunk... I'm seeing that the sour d is 91 chedawg x mass super skunk, I always thought that plant would of been a good candidate for a SCROG. Nice fat bud, took the lollipop'ing well, and had a good bit of stretch. How is yours growing?

I would be way to scared to have to much stretch with the kali..

edit: After replying to another post I realized I was giving you bad advice when saying you should bump your nutes up to x%... I never really even thought about it, I don't go off % of recommended and haven't for a long time. I always just check the PPM of my nutes.... I am actually only running 75% of what BPN recommend because when I mix it at 100% it comes out to like 1400+ ppm with the bloom booster. And I'm starting with only 9 ppm RO water. Sorry never really thought about it, and without a PPM/EC meter I can't recommend to you if you should increase/decrease your nutes. You can always up it till you see tiny bit of burn on the very tip and then back off a tad.
Hey Tesmp, I have been at 950 ppm the last two feeds on the big one, and will bump her up to about 1200 ppm flowering nutes tomorrow. Thatnks for looking into the sour d as a scrog, she's going to be my scrog I think after your input the big plant is looking good (I think) she's kinda a slow stretcher but hopefully she'll give me some good bud! I transplanted my babies into there 5 gallon pots the other day, I've been using 50/50 ffof and perlite. Only thing I don't like is that I can't start any nutes untill about 3 weeks after transplant because ffof has all the nutes already in it. But they are taking off since the transplant! The big one is drinking water like crazy man! I been giving over a gallon of water 1.5 days, and I learned this because last week I waited 2 days and she wilted again. I was really worried that i was watering to much and was using the weight of the pot as a reference but after transplanting the babies I felt there wait before watering and relises I was light on the big plant! So been giving the big girl more water since then, I haven't had any wilting on her since then. I'll post some pics later.

looks like things are going well
looking good here
anyhow im using a simple dwc bubbler youd be surprised how simple it can be and hpw good it can work

Hey Cronic, thanks for checking out my grow. I have everything to do a DWC and am going to pull some clones off of the girls I got, and I'm going to get the DWC action going! Stay tuned bro. I really like the different views that I get here!

Sweet I think it will work well for a SCROG. How is it growing?

To be honest I would cut a nice clone from it, throw it in the DWC, and SCROG that.. I was beyond disappointed with my fox farms SCROG.. I am glad your doing a 50/50 mix though. Thats good your starting to learn your plants.. Before I learned the lift pot method real well I would actually let the leaves get droopy and then water. They would only briefly be droopy though I wouldn't let them go like that for long.

Hey bruz, how u goin??
THANK YOU for your comments mate.. I appreciate that you like my girl.. It was my first attempt to LST, but i waited too long to start bending her thats why she stunted for few days and then just made her own base from how she was tied down at the time..
Now im feeling a lot more confidant about her grow, but, i was going to let her bud shoots keep growing vert also, some are nearly even with top canopy and may overtake em?
I bin told to tie some down also but ill have rubber wires goin everywhere, bad enuf atm!! But if this is recommended i will do it. I guess it may block the main cola's light once they start makin bud..
Take it easy and if there s anything u think i can help u with mate, just ask, imay not or may be able to help..:)
SMOKEMUP:thumb:

teSmp does some beautiful scrogs i hope you checked out his grow:thumb:

teSmp does some beautiful scrogs i hope you checked out his grow:thumb:

Howz it cronich? Yea I agree his scrog is bad ass, I can't wait to do one! All of my girls are in soil, I plan to clone them and get into hydro with the clones. I will be looking to him when I get ready to start the scrog. I'm gona scrog the Sour D. For sure! Ill be posting some pics and an update on the bubba kush soon, it has Quarter sized buds all over it now and I had to give it a hair cut, hopefully I'll get some nice buds out of her. Hey thanks for stopping by, I'll get some pics up soon. Your using LED right? How do u like it?:peace:

led's are working great have nothing bad to say about it
advanced led's one of the sponsors of this site
cant wait for the pics:thumb:

Hey bruz, how u goin??
THANK YOU for your comments mate.. I appreciate that you like my girl.. It was my first attempt to LST, but i waited too long to start bending her thats why she stunted for few days and then just made her own base from how she was tied down at the time..
Now im feeling a lot more confidant about her grow, but, i was going to let her bud shoots keep growing vert also, some are nearly even with top canopy and may overtake em?
I bin told to tie some down also but ill have rubber wires goin everywhere, bad enuf atm!! But if this is recommended i will do it. I guess it may block the main cola's light once they start makin bud..
Take it easy and if there s anything u think i can help u with mate, just ask, imay not or may be able to help..:)
SMOKEMUP:thumb:
Hey Smokeum, what's up bro, how long did you wait to start your lst? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom