The 420 Fotographer Collective: Advanced Cannabis Photography

For all of you flower lovers out there, or here, either or. Enjoy and have a great day all!:blunt:

View media item 1675898
CameraCanon EOS REBEL T5i
Shutter speed1/200
Aperturef/14
Focal length135 mm
ISO400

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Here's another shot of the same pink rose but from a slightly different angle and with a black background to make the colors stand out. Enjoy!:blunt:

View media item 1675980
Shutter speed1/200
Aperturef/14
Focal length135 mm
ISO400

They’re beautiful Monster - the pics and the roses.

I can’t help myself - the roses pics illustrate so perfectly something i learnt in cannabis botany this month.

The calyx is clearly visible in these - its the part that wraps around the flower in bud and then breaks open to ‘cup’ the flower in bloom.

Cannbis folk-botany (a term i just made up for this purpose :laughtwo: ) has always called the teardrop shaped structures that make up cannabis flowers, calyxes - but they’re not. In cannabis there are no visible calyx cells (to the naked eye). Calyx cells occur inside those structures only and form part of the fine membrane that covers seeds as they develop (called a perianth). So what we usually call calyxes are actually “bracts”. I wonder how many generations of growers it will take before the usage of terms like this changes...

I know that was way off topic - it’s just that first pic shows the calyx so clearly and I was just revising that particular topic before I saw it, so ... synchronicity.
:Namaste:

Was looking through some of my stuff from summer 2017.

Morning all!:ciao:
I was just out working on my speed photography skills trying to catch bumblebees in flight and this is what I ended up with after a half hour or so of baking under the hot California sun. These were all flash photos taken on the "Creative Auto" setting but with the auto focus disengaged this time around so I could work on my manual skills which is actually easier capturing critters in flight than it is working with the auto focus engaged. Go figure!:hmmmm:
Enjoy and have a great day mates!:blunt:

View media item 1676793
View media item 1676792
View media item 1676794
Shutter speed1/200
Aperturef/13
Focal length135 mm
ISO400

Great stuff

Poor bastards. They are in trouble in most of the world. Almost time for me to spread some wildflower seeds around random locations around my home and office. $20 buys you a big container. Hopefully I can take some photos later in the summer as they bloom.

Great stuff

Poor bastards. They are in trouble in most of the world. Almost time for me to spread some wildflower seeds around random locations around my home and office. $20 buys you a big container. Hopefully I can take some photos later in the summer as they bloom.

Thanks UA!:thanks:
Thankfully we have numerous types of pollen producing plants & wildflowers in the area to keep them happy and breeding fruitfully. I look forward to seeing what you end up with after the flowers in your area start blooming. Thanks again!

They’re fantastic Monster :D That last one is really giving you a look. The flight posture makes it look like it’s giving you a :Namaste: :laughtwo::love:

Thanks Amy.:thanks: My thoughts exactly! It's like he/her is saying get out of my face with all the flash photos you jerk.:laughtwo:

So on that note I switched to taking shots of Starlings and when I caught this one coming in for a landing. Enjoy!:blunt:

View media item 1676804

like he/her is saying get out of my face with all the flash photos you jerk.:laughtwo:
Like, very politely, “please Fock off!” :Namaste:

Just messin' around with some camera settings and minor Lightroom enhancements. This is a Skywalker nugg from a local dispensary.

Great shots. Really nice reflection :)
This time it's the chef that got baked... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
:laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom