The memory...the brain....is an amazing thing.

decarbing.jpg

While I was finishing up the decarbing this morning, I opened the oven for one last stirring of the buds and a memory hit me that was so clear and vivid, it was like I was actually in the room.
When we were small children an Aunt of ours used to babysit us at her apartment. We were never allowed in her bedroom, but one day she had left the door cracked a bit and I was a curious gal. :laugh: I went into the room and a smell hit me that I didn't really like. As I turned around to go back out I saw a glass contraption on her dresser. Yep....a bong. Little did I know what that was back then. :rofl:

I'll never look at my Aunt the same again. I might smile a little slier at her though. :laugh:

I love the sound of a magic butter machine whirring in the morning! I have butter going, a pork loin roast in the slow cooker for meals through the week...a sauce getting prepared for the chicken meatballs. I also pulled out from the freezer some of the dipping sauce I had made for the spring rolls. We'll see how that goes with the meatballs.

The butter is going to be a mixed salad. I have half Custard Cream strain (Indica dominant), and half Carnival Strain (Sativa dominant)
I'm going to send some to a couple of friends to see how they like them and get a report on the effects. Always nice to get a second opinion. I'm a lightweight, so it takes much less for me than others.

What's everybody else up to this morning?

:circle-of-love:

Canna-Chick Meatballs are done. I have to admit...I had to sample one while fresh from the rack. LOL
These are delicious even without a sauce.
I added some hemp seed hearts to the mix as well. I try to add those where ever I can:

canna_chick_meatballs.jpg

BTW, if you make these be sure not to cook them too fast. If you do, the chicken will not be fully cooked. I had a couple of large ones that didn't get completely done (I cut one in half to look, just in case) and they are in the oven now to finish cooking. :thumb:

I'm done cooking today. Getting ready to settle in and relax.

I am doing a special breakfast tomorrow, and one of the ingredients called for was almond meal. Well, I don't have any of the meal or any almonds. So I made some Pecan meal. I toasted them in the oven for a bit first, before grinding them up.
I'm going to add some dried ground bud to it just before mixing the ingredients together in the morning.

Pecan_Meal.jpg

The last batch I put in the grinder turned to butter. LOL I smushed it on a piece of toast with butter. It was pretty good. :thumb:

Canna Chocolate Collagen Protein Pancakes

canna_Healthy_Pancakes_2.jpg

Canna_Healthy_Pancakes_3.jpg

This recipe site was sent to me a few days ago, and I decided I really needed to try this to help get my proteins etc. I'm still battling this weight issue, so I need all the help I can get. :thanks:

I had to order the Collagen protein from Amazon, but thanks to their prime 2 day shipping, I received it yesterday. Gotta love that fast shipping and Sunday deliveries!

When I mixed up the ingredients I found the batter to be way too thin for my liking, I like my pancakes thicker/fluffier, so I added 1/2 C. Gluten free flour to it. That made it my perfect consistency. You can do this or not, it's up to you.

The pancakes were very moist, and I enjoyed that. However, the taste could have had something a little sweeter to cover the cacao taste. Cacao powder is not nearly as sweet tasting as Cocoa powder. It's very bitter, so I'm thinking maybe use some almond extract or a little more honey to help cover the bitter.

The original recipe is here:

Chocolate Collagen Protein Pancakes Recipe | Paleo, Gluten Free

Here's my Cannabis infused version:

Ingredients:

1 Large egg
3/4 C. Almond Milk
1/2 C. water
1 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. Canna coconut oil (melted)
3/4 C. almond meal ( I used homemade Pecan meal and added 1/4 tsp. ground decarbed bud to it)
1/4 C. Tapioca Starch
3 tsp. Baking powder
3 Tbs. Cacao Powder
1/4 C. Collagen Powder
Pinch of Salt

Optional for thicker batter: 1/2 C. Gluten free flour, or reduce the amount of water in the recipe.
Optional: 1 tsp. Almond extract for a little more flavor

Sliced fresh fruit with a fruit puree, or syrup/honey. All optional. Try a dollup of cannabutter on them warm. :)

Directions:

In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, and water until fluffy. Add the honey and melted coconut oil, whisk it in and set the bowl aside.
In another bowl, whisk together well, the almond meal, tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, cacao powder, and collagen.
Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and whisk well until there are no big lumps and you get a thick batter. If you have fresh nut meal, it might be too clumpy/moist for sifting. Add it separately.

Heat a little coconut oil on the griddle or pan over med/low heat (I used my griddle and set the temp at 350 degrees, it did fine). Pour or scoop the batter as you would any other pancake onto the hot griddle/pan. Once bubbles start forming on the top, gently flip the pancake over for about a minute. Until the underside is completely cooked.

Transfer finished cakes to a rack in a warm oven until you are ready to serve.

I made some up to freeze too. :)

Thanks and Great question! I did have a healthy slice last night, 10 or so pieces. It was probably around 30 min before I had a good feeling.

Taste was great, the cinnamon sugar overpowers the very subtle cannabutter taste to where it is not noticeable. The stone was mild and felt like I took a few good rips. however it lasts a lot longer than taking a few good rips. After 2 hours I put myself to bed like a baby and had excellent night sleep.

Thanks and Great question! I did have a healthy slice last night, 10 or so pieces. It was probably around 30 min before I had a good feeling.

Taste was great, the cinnamon sugar overpowers the very subtle cannabutter taste to where it is not noticeable. The stone was mild and felt like I took a few good rips. however it lasts a lot longer than taking a few good rips. After 2 hours I put myself to bed like a baby and had excellent night sleep.

That's what we like to read! Happy cannabis infusers. :laugh:

I got the caramels all done the other day, now I just need to cut and wrap them:

Salted_Canna_Caramels.jpg

That's just about perfect: a nice mellow stone that last for hours, then sleep
and .. you ate enough tasty bites to feel you had a full sized snack :)

Surf-n-Turf Stir fry w/Cannabutter & Shirataki (Guilt Free Noodles)

1 8oz KC Strip Steak
1 cup 20-25ct Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 tbs Cannabutter
1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
1/4 tsp parika
1 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
1 cup Mediterranean Blend Veggies
1 cup Broccoli Florets
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tbs Soy Sauce (Low Sodium)
1 cup Shirataki noodles

When using Shirataki (Zero Carbs, Zero Calorie or "Guilt" Free Noodles as they are often called) I find it is best to always set your water to boil before you start to prepare any of your other ingredients. Always use a large pot even for a small portion of noodles. Boil plenty of water at high heat and keep it hot. You want the water to return to a boil as quickly as possible once you add the Shirataki. Then remove and drain noodles immediately after a 2 minute boil.
I find it helpful to then dump them onto a thin cotton kitchen towel and fold it over and press out some extra moisture before placing in a non-stick skillet on medium heat to finishing drying.
I did this batch to just a little bit over dry and then added the Soy Sauce and drizzled some of the cannabutter from the veggies that were precooked separately and I let that absorb in the noodles for 30 seconds before mixing everything together in one skillet

The shrimp was frozen, so I defrosted it in the microwave and drained the liquid off. Then I added the half the cannabutter, 1/2 of the garlic, the paprika and Italian seasoning and I returned it to the microwave till the shrimp was about 2/3 cooked. I prepared the veggies similarly with the other half the cannabutter and garlic plus the salt and pepper.

I grilled my steak on a flatiron with a little seasoning and just enough cannabutter to moisten the iron skillet only in the spot where the steak was going to be cooked.
When done to medium-rare I removed it to the cutting board and reduced the heat to medium-low. I then added the 2/3rds coooked shrimp and veggies to the pan to finish cooking while I sliced the steak.

Then everything was added back to the skillet and stirred well.
I used the Fettuccine style Shirataki noodles here because I couldn't find the Lomaine style noodels. Either way Shirataki products can be a little rubbery esp if you heat them to long after drying. So I always add them after I and it finishes cooking. Then re-mix everything together. I use a steak knife to cut the Shirataki noodles up a bit while stirring together my ingredients for the last time.

It hasn't fully kicked in yet but I started earlier today with a tsp in some Rooibos Tea with Heavy Cream and Stevia for sweetener. I had two cups actually. Buzzed me good for about 4hrs. and I put 6 times as much Cannabutter in the dish below. I only ate half of the dish of course :yummy::yummy::yummy:

420-magazine-mobile1123485340.jpg

Surf-n-Turf Stir fry w/Cannabutter & Shirataki (Guilt Free Noodles)

1 8oz KC Strip Steak
1 cup 20-25ct Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
2 tbs Cannabutter
1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
1/4 tsp parika
1 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
1 cup Mediterranean Blend Veggies
1 cup Broccoli Florets
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/8 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1 tbs Soy Sauce (Low Sodium)
1 cup Shirataki noodles

When using Shirataki (Zero Carbs, Zero Calorie or "Guilt" Free Noodles as they are often called) I find it is best to always set your water to boil before you start to prepare any of your other ingredients. Always use a large pot even for a small portion of noodles. Boil plenty of water at high heat and keep it hot. You want the water to return to a boil as quickly as possible once you add the Shirataki. Then remove and drain noodles immediately after a 2 minute boil.
I find it helpful to then dump them onto a thin cotton kitchen towel and fold it over and press out some extra moisture before placing in a non-stick skillet on medium heat to finishing drying.
I did this batch to just a little bit over dry and then added the Soy Sauce and drizzled some of the cannabutter from the veggies that were precooked separately and I let that absorb in the noodles for 30 seconds before mixing everything together in one skillet

The shrimp was frozen, so I defrosted it in the microwave and drained the liquid off. Then I added the half the cannabutter, 1/2 of the garlic, the paprika and Italian seasoning and I returned it to the microwave till the shrimp was about 2/3 cooked. I prepared the veggies similarly with the other half the cannabutter and garlic plus the salt and pepper.

I grilled my steak on a flatiron with a little seasoning and just enough cannabutter to moisten the iron skillet only in the spot where the steak was going to be cooked.
When done to medium-rare I removed it to the cutting board and reduced the heat to medium-low. I then added the 2/3rds coooked shrimp and veggies to the pan to finish cooking while I sliced the steak.

Then everything was added back to the skillet and stirred well.
I used the Fettuccine style Shirataki noodles here because I couldn't find the Lomaine style noodels. Either way Shirataki products can be a little rubbery esp if you heat them to long after drying. So I always add them after I and it finishes cooking. Then re-mix everything together. I use a steak knife to cut the Shirataki noodles up a bit while stirring together my ingredients for the last time.

It hasn't fully kicked in yet but I started earlier today with a tsp in some Rooibos Tea with Heavy Cream and Stevia for sweetener. I had two cups actually. Buzzed me good for about 4hrs. and I put 6 times as much Cannabutter in the dish below. I only ate half of the dish of course :yummy::yummy::yummy:

420-magazine-mobile1123485340.jpg

:welcome:

Nice looking meal there! Thanks so much for sharing the pics and the recipe. I will try this soon, I love stir fry!

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom