The Complete Cfl Setup...from Clone To Harvest....all Cfls

khackylacky

Im back! FYI i started my first grow in 2 small rubbermaids with 3 23-watt cfls and flowered with 8 26-watt cfls....the result was decent i got an honest 40 grams out of that plant whih i would consider pretty decent.....OH but since then i've become overly infactuated with cfls and the overall idea of growing with them....since that 40g yield i've also built ridiculous amount of knowledge not only about cfls but about growing in general. i believe my current setup represents the knowledge ive gained since my one-plant 40g yield grow.OK NOW LETS GET TO THE GOODS...BTW CLICK ON PIC TO MAKE BIGGER

DSCN2363.JPG

DSCN2364.JPG

DSCN2365.JPG

this is my homemade bubbler. got an air pump pumpin oxygen into 4 airstones. and there are 2 23-watt cool whites in there!

DSCN2358.JPG

DSCN2359.JPG

DSCN2360.JPG

DSCN2361.JPG

DSCN2362.JPG

so this is my veg area thats currently housing 11 plants-1 church, 2 hindu kush, 3 og kush, 1 starship, 1 purple kush, 3 grandaddy. Yes! im using a cardboard box! the walls are draped in white plastic to prevent the cardboard from getting wet and to improve reflection. there are 8 23-watt cool white cfls with 1650 lumens each that light up the area. the fan keeps the lights cool while circulating air. i didnt worry about ventilation with my veg area because its pretty airy.
Stay tuned we havent got to the 2 flowering areas YET.....

great post nice pics even if they are a little small

could you do a list of all the parts and your approximate costs I'm
sure that it might help some timid newbie take the plunge...

what type of diet are you feeding those pretty plants?

My friends,
i will get to the q's but first i must admit that had to slightly swith my bubbler setup becuz i felt like i needed more lights!

DSCN2404.JPG

DSCN2405.JPG

once again i switched to cardboard cuz hey its cheap and actually efficient! now to the q's and replys....
THANX boss for fixin my pics up i really appreciate it. thans nologo and stoneygeoff...im trying my best! as for the costs..the bubbler setup cost about $55. the dual air pump was $23, the airstones were $2 a piece, the 20qt container cost $4, the cardboard box was $5, the hanging socket cost $7, and the lights were 99 cents a piece. as for the veg area i use 2 cardoardboxes which cost $6 a piece, the lights were 99 cents a piece, the socket adapters were $2.50 each, and the little fan was only $5

oh yea i forgot to add that those are foam inserts that im using for the bubbler. now to the two flowering areas...lets start with the first one....

DSCN2393.JPG

Yes! rubbermaids....cheap and effective!

DSCN2381.JPG

This big pc fan is bringing in fresh air

DSCN2379.JPG

this fan is keeping all 12 lights cool, as well as keeping oxygen movin around

DSCN2382.JPG

this fan is removes the stale air inside the rubbermaids

DSCN2394.JPG

all 12 warm white 26-watt cfls. that makes 312 watts total for a 3 square-foot setup. those bulbs produce 1750 lumens apiece which gives me 21,000 lumens total and 7,000 per square foot. the reflective material you see is mylar.

DSCN2396.JPG

DSCN2395.JPG

DSCN2397.JPG

the first one is grandaddy, the second purple kush, and the third is an alomst-ready super silver haze. i also have two small bagseeds in there flowering that are not pictured. stick around for flowering area 2....

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom