The Emerald City

This :)

Looking good and sounding good over here ‘mon!

:popcorn::nomo:

That was over in Dabber’s Outdoor buds for Bonsai thread... where I remember seeing it...

Pistils any day now :rollit:

Who said pot ruins memory...

Or did you search the #’s?

My NL is taking its time as well. It showed pre-flowers on 7/4, but still not quite ready for the actual flowering. My White Widow is about 2 weeks ahead of it. They'll be ready when you're good and ready. :popcorn:

I was counting jars last night, not a regular practice at all. I counted 14 in the cupboard and i still have several jars in the safe too. I’ve acquired some patience. My thoughts on the plants, “Take your time, i’ll be here when its time. Dont sweat daily inspection, its really just breakfast n dinner.”

————4————•——————————

Ive started to take down the Berry Bomb,

Phone pics soon. 2 ultra gellies to start the day and a cup a Kaw-phee.

#scissorhash

:thumb: :popcorn:

I think Mr. Bell would be very impressed with todays phone(s) & Giambattista della Porta would be just as impressed with the camera feature, not to mention the actual cameras available today. All that taken into account here are my, 'oh so amazing,' pictures of the chop. Not a bad haul for a plant in 3 gallons of coco coir. It's been so hot in the garage, during late afternoon, I've been jarring up the buds on the beginning of day 3 from chop. If it works it works. I think I may be off to buy jars, again...

It's the best picture or at least has the most in focus.

An example of me buying more jars:

:cheesygrinsmiley::slide::slide::cheesygrinsmiley::slide::slide::cheesygrinsmiley::slide::slide::cheesygrinsmiley::slide::slide::cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats on the harvest! Looks like she rewarded you handsomely. :welldone:

Congrats on the harvest! Looks like she rewarded you handsomely. :welldone:

Rule 1: Grow happy, healthy plants.

Rule 2: Harvest, dry, jar, cure, who cares about weight...?

Rule 3: I'm gettin High As Fuck!

Thanks Beez, congrats on your harvest today too!

PS - That link may not be what you think it is.

Nice harvest Age! Each stem on the BeBo is really a trunk all by itself. How many days since flip is this and did you check trichomes this time?

Time to buy more jars :).

Yeah, once she gets those colas set they stay still pretty good. I had most of the outers LST'd by week 3-4 so they just froze like that... after I released the ties the branches just held still. I saved the skeleton and I'm gonna strip the bark and let it dry. Prolly dry pretty fast outside, 6:35 pm outside and it's 111 degrees, just cooling off now. Our peek for the day is usually between 2-4 depending on left or right side of the solstice. My wife loves it out here and I do too, but it hasn't always been that way...

Shed, keepin me on my toes makin me check notes n shit...

5-9 was first hairs so chop was gonna be 8 weeks post, 7-9. I gave her just a little more time, and today I let her taste the axe! She rolled an extra 5-6 days and the last 36 hours she was in the dark, with no feed or water for the last 36 either.

No, I didn't check the trichs, but I looked at her before the dark period and she was looking 'gnarly old lady' and that's how I know it's time. When I see flowers that remind me of my Haze Extreme, Oh...!!!!!

DUDE, Wavy came by last night I let him have at it. He loaded me up with somadat Haze Ex. MAN!!!!!! I WAS SO HIGH!!!!!
Felt like I was gonna fall outta the chair, my lazy boy chair... Now that's tough to do!

But I digress. Like I was sayin, if they look like that Haze did when I chopped her #fugettaboutit!

And yes, I know the saying.

I’m gonna have to say pot has ruined my memory. But that’s not a bad thing. Memories take away from the now.

I don’t have a journal this round, and it’s been a week since the wife took these, but here is some proof I got a crop growing and that the autopots seem to be working well for me. Which means my watering game was hurting me. Be home in a few days to check on em, feed em, and take some better photos.

Berry bomb looks awesome, hoping this time I can get a plant to fill out like that.

Hope you don’t mind me posting these

Sprout Free Canada Eh? Does that mean we all have to be cloners or is it just for the In-Country Residents? :laughtwo: . I have no problem with you posting your pictures here, feel free Urb! I think your plants are looking great. I understand about the watering thing. Sometimes I'm checking the soil and others I'm just picking up the pot to see if it's light. One thing for sure though, growin in coco means I'm watering ALL - THE - DAMN - TIME!!!!

I think it was Shed that said, "They like it better when we leave them alone." You know he was talking bout the plants and I have to say I agree. You know what else goes hand in hand with that saying? Defoliay-------------------------SHOWN!!! I'm currently working on not over defoling. Less random pruning and more deliberate decision making. Keeping more fan leaves; I like the way your plants look too. I believe the next thing cannabis (2 n's... thank you!) is going to help me with is NOT micro managing.

:meditate:

Last thing, first picture - right side. That solid red really messes with the CMOS sensor, eh? Post anything anytime Urb, your welcome here and thanks for hangin out in the garden with me!

I know I'm not the only talented photographer on :420:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quick snippet for those who ask things like, "How long since flip? and/ or What day of flower is it?" Since the Berry Bomb ran an extra 6 days I'm gonna let the Purple Amnesia Auto roll on a bit more. I'm prolly gonna start to clean the smaller, harvested, BeBo colas tomorrow and do some hygrometer readings with a jar of buds. In the mean time I've noticed the Purp Am is starting to foxtail and push new pistils out. Can't say I'm surprised, one thing I've noticed, as the buds reach maturity they begin to push new pistils and trichs, they're gettin hungry for the pollen...

The clones are doing better than I expected, may have to do with the warmer temps in the garage. I also, grabbed a cutting of the Peyote Critical from I.T.S. (I wanna an acronym too...). Made the cut yesterday and the leaves were wilting before I could walk into the house. I did all my prep work ahead of time and got her under the dome within 5 minutes of cutting, I think she's gonna make it, but only time will tell, all the NL's are looking much better at day 2-3 than I expected, I'm telling you it's the warmth component...

High 80's with the A/C dialed down, and the high today is projected to hit 114. You know there actually is a temperature where it feels like the sun is attacking you, I put on sunscreen... As for the garden temps it's about a 25-30 degree swing from inside to out, I mean, whatcha gonna do, it's a garage...?!

Hopefully I'll have time after Pets 2 for some pictures, unfortunately I don't think my 8 year old will enjoy 'Yesterday.' She's more a been there done that kinda girl...

Tuesday, it's the busiest day of the week, turns everyone into a high school sophomore again...

Stay Baked!

:ganjamon:

Damn, battling the heat! 114 is nuts. Been a below average year for us heat wise and I’m not complaining. Let’s hope your plants can handle the garage temps. No matter how hardy these plants show themselves to be, there is always that anxiety.

Don’t think I could do coco. Watering is a pain for me being on the road. I am also shocked at how much water these plants drink. No wonder smoking weed gives you dry mouth, the damn plant wants more water...even in death.

Leaving them alone is almost impossible. I always want to poke and prod them. But the autopots and being on the road has given them plenty of alone time. Should mean smoking less arm hair.

The sprout free name confuses me but I am trying to help a brother out so keep my mouth shut lol. A new social technique I am working on.

My wife took the photos on her iPhone and sent them to me out of town, and I pulled the magenta out of them the best I could with software. So hard with those blurple lights. I have a CMH I bought this spring that I will use in the fall when I can monitor temps. Should make photos easier.

I haven’t had stacking quite like this before. Nor have I had long pisitil length like that. Maybe last crops just had short pistols and these are normal. Hence the question about pistil size and bigger buds. I am hoping that is a sign I will harvest more than 7 ounces from 4 plants this time around. I have been so worried about underperforming plants that the CMH and autopots were my last hope to start growing plants similar to everyone else. It’s starting to look like a good crop but the final test will be on the scale.

Damn, battling the heat! 114 is nuts. Been a below average year for us heat wise and I’m not complaining. Let’s hope your plants can handle the garage temps. No matter how hardy these plants show themselves to be, there is always that anxiety.

Don’t think I could do coco. Watering is a pain for me being on the road. I am also shocked at how much water these plants drink. No wonder smoking weed gives you dry mouth, the damn plant wants more water...even in death.

Leaving them alone is almost impossible. I always want to poke and prod them. But the autopots and being on the road has given them plenty of alone time. Should mean smoking less arm hair.

The sprout free name confuses me but I am trying to help a brother out so keep my mouth shut lol. A new social technique I am working on.

My wife took the photos on her iPhone and sent them to me out of town, and I pulled the magenta out of them the best I could with software. So hard with those blurple lights. I have a CMH I bought this spring that I will use in the fall when I can monitor temps. Should make photos easier.

I haven’t had stacking quite like this before. Nor have I had long pisitil length like that. Maybe last crops just had short pistols and these are normal. Hence the question about pistil size and bigger buds. I am hoping that is a sign I will harvest more than 7 ounces from 4 plants this time around. I have been so worried about underperforming plants that the CMH and autopots were my last hope to start growing plants similar to everyone else. It’s starting to look like a good crop but the final test will be on the scale.

You know Urb, I got that Northern Lights outside in the 114 and she's is soaking it up, she gets at least 15 minutes of heavy watering every day and you were right about the soil out here too. I mean I've got her set up to drain extremely but I'll be damned about how well she's doing in that spot next to the fucis. I'm like :nervous-guy::hmmmm: who knew! 86 in the garage is nothin for the rest of em, besides isn't it Amy whose been saying those warmer temps are better? They are tropical plants after all.

The coco, well you've got the Auto pot watering system so you just need to set up your rez and you'd be fine. Just a question of how big a water tank do you need...? I've found cotton mouth to de dependent of strain to some extent. Some more than others and you can trust me on this cause I exercise when I'm high, yes out in the heat, but usually not till after 7:30 pm. I stay hydrated throughout the day and pound water before hand we also take frequent water breaks, the heat out here ain't no joke. I'm just waiting for the news about dead hikers and tourist that go out to Joshua Tree Monument for a 'Nice Summer Day Hike.' That just doesn't exist on the desert floor, you'd need to take the PS Aerial TramWay for those ^^^^'s.

That's what I mean, more looking less touching. As I sit here thinkin' "But them ladies is so PHIIIINE!!!!! Arm hair? my plants catch dog hair! Bud wash every harvest without question!

One of my original lights finally took a shit and died. First half the panel and then the next day dead. In the trash it went. I lost 600 Watts of flower power when that light died. You know what that means though? Now I'm shopping for another QB, prolly get a 3500K to match my Timber 3500K COB. I've stopped caring about actual wattage, I mean the 5000K QB, I'm growing Autos with, is AWESOME! Generic knock off but has the MeanWell Driver. You should consider the QB's when you're getting new lights, they are great! Timber is a sponsor and I think they're producing the QB's now too. My iphone pictures suck, they just suck, no matter what I try, iPhone pictures suck. Did I mention I love using my phone for quick pics, but the iPhone pictures suck. rant over...

A buddy of yours came up with that? "Sprout Free Canada?" It's a double entendre' to say the least. Love his spirit though, erybody grow some and get high!!!!

I took a few weeks off back round September, ended up throwing me off more than I though it would. Forced me to reset and start again. I mean I didn't forget everything per say, but I definitely had to learn somethings again. Some how I've managed to stockpile over a pound not counting the harvested BeBo or the two flower girls coming down before months end, maybe... What I'm going to be trying for, inside garden, as I go forward. Less plants in larger containers and that includes the Autos too. I'm thinking 14" diameter, plastic containers and or 10 gallon GeoPots. Of course not using Amended soil in pots will help too.

I've been learning a lot from @InTheShed @Amy Gardner @beez0404 @BeezLuiz @DrDoob @Archiweedies and many others as well. The end of 2018 and all of 2019 has been a great learning experience. But it hasn't been all rosey sunshine, some lessons have been easier than others and don't forget about the gardening either.

I must be sober look at that typing with no pictures...

:morenutes:

Ahh I thought it was 86 outside and 114 in the garage. Fahrenheit always throws a wrench in my brain too.

The autopot reservoir is about 12 gallons. I was finding, while in late vegetation, that I was having to add 3-5 gallons every two or three days. I think coco would be ok just have to use more nutrients. As of now, when I’m home, I will give the calmag (Remos magnifical) through the res, and top feed some west coast fish fertilizer to keep the soil somewhat moist and fed. So far so good.

I may not be as active here but I still have been hovering over a handful of regulars journals when not immersed in work. Ones that I have always followed but just quieter. Trying to listen more and talk less. I have learned some things with my experimentation in container sizes. Although cool, the large 32 gallon containers created watering difficulties. So far the best, for me, has been small containers and frequent up pots. 4-7 gallons have been good to me in this small tent so that’s what I will do from now on. Gotta thank BoBrown14 for the autopot curiosity. If I would have listened to the experts from the start I wouldn’t have needed to learn from my mistakes but that’s not how my brain works I guess. I still have my geopots and love those too. I hear there is an autopot system for fabric pots which would be kinda cool.

Now that I am a seasoned noob, I can really appreciate the level of skill that many folks here show us on the regular. Real quality craft growing.

I still have maybe 1/2 ounce from my spring harvest. Haven’t used much this summer. Gave 95% of the harvest away. Kept a cob and some bud. Been microdosing. Small hits. Managing my stash. Should have a harvest in 4-6 weeks. 3 Kush and the Gods AK. Also that bootweed which is Northern Lights x Big Bud auto. Make some more cobs. Then the painful process of choosing my next crop.

Oh god. Just the mention of teenagers brings on the ptsd lol. Love my girls but damn. Gave this old man grey hair.

I'm 46 with quite a bit of grey already. My 11 year old is playing fortnight while I periodically go in to shush her. She just got her first phone so I don't really exist and don't expect to for her until it's time for money, rides, or driving lessons.

I turned a bunch of weed into oil and hash, still gotta bunch left too. I've learned a lot and my harvests have shown it. I'm lucky to have an understanding wife who says, "You need a hobby, ok, buy a new light."

I posted the pics of the Purple Amnesia Auto From Dope Seeds, you can click that link to buy seeds. Or you can click this link to see the pictures.

I do love the new Vette, but i've really been eye balling the Charger. I love the way that car looks! The light will likely be much cheaper too.

;)

BTW: Eryone I got some more pics of the Purple Amnesia Auto.

Got an email from Canon that my repaired lens is gonna be home soon.

I don't think the purps is gonna make it to Tuesday. The buckets are out and filled just waiting for morning time and 'The Axe.'

Back
Top Bottom