The Freak's First Journal! - 5 Year Old Bag Seed - CFL/LED - 2016

8f27b69d48bbcf468403fcd736d02c35.jpg

Alrighty.. I little update for today. I think we've got a hermi in our tent. You can see in the one picture. Balls!! When should I pull them? I want to rescue what I can from the plant. The other three are full blown female (I think lol). They got a feeding of fish water and flora series ph'd last night.
IMG_44387.JPG
IMG_44376.JPG
IMG_44369.JPG
IMG_44357.JPG

That's definitely a hermie. You can see the male parts 100%. I would personally pull it out now as hard as it is to do :(. Good catch!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok so here is two more pictures of the balls further growing. We can end this convo today though as I've removed them. They were making me anxious and I didn't like it. There wasn't enough it should stress the plant or make much of a change to yield if I was wrong. I just feel much better now. Anyways, have a good day all!

Oh and on a random note lol. During my next online purchase I'll be getting a postal scale. They're cheap and reliable. It will 100% take the guess work out of watering. I get anxious at when to water and when to not. I know I'm not stupid, and I know the rules of thumb regarding watering. But in my crazy mind this will help a ton. I'll take a dry weight of soil and container when I start a grow, or in this case when I know 100% they need water. I'll be able to see how much water they drink and exactly when they need it. What do youuuuu think?
IMG_44446.JPG
IMG_44435.JPG

UGH! Stupid boy invaders! RIP bad boy. :rip:

The analytical side of me loves the idea of using scales for watering. The physical, lazy side though collapses in a heap at the idea of lifting pots each day. :blalol:

Sigh.... I'm tired now. I didn't think of that side lol. I guess that's a benefit of having a 2x2 grow haha. It won't be completely horrible...... I hope.

everything looking good Freak!! I scanned through your journal real quick and I love what you got going on. I think you are right on that hermie. Those look like some boyish traits there. At least you will have 3 lovely ladies. Good job!

Welcome! and thankkkkk you for the kind words. I'm going to attempt to pull all the male parts I see and hope to salvage some decent bud. This whole grow is a "test" with some old bag seed so I'm not overly worried about the yield. Plus, I really like that plant haha.

Yes sir, just to get 5 year old seeds to germinate is a feat in its own. I have seen people with even older seeds and make them work. Looks like you got a good mix of hybrid bag seeds which is a good think. Do you remember any of the strains you may have put in that bag of seeds?

I feel like a picture is in order. So on the right is a bag I have tossed seeds into for over 10 years. There's around 1500 seeds in that bag. I have no clue what you're getting when you pull from there. The container on the left was bag seed I was lucky enough to get out of top shelf genetics and remember to separate, or bud I really really really enjoyed. There's about 25 of those. Various Kush strains, Juicy Fruit, Northern Lights etc. After my test run I'm going to grow a few out of that selection and see how it goes!
IMG_44457.JPG

Awesome stuff. I love how you see the shells of Calayxs in that big bag of seeds. Brings back memories. I used to always save seeds if they looked good. One time I filled a quart jar crammed full of roaches me and the wife smoked (mostly the wife lol).

Yeah it really is awesome. I'm glad I saved them all. I could go a long time without buying seeds haha. I'd like to try some other genetics though. We'll see after a few rounds of what I have!

So ... this is off topic, but important to me. During my past I drank a lot. When I say a lot, words cannot put into context how much. So much so my family wanted nothing to do with me and I lost a lot of close friends that meant a lot to me. I have been sober for a long time now and re-connected with almost everyone I had lost. Tonight I went out with a friend and had a few beers. I shouldn't have... but I did. I just finished getting out of the bathroom being more physically ill then I have ever been in my life. To each their own and I am in no way judging people, but fuck drinking. Worst thing ever.

Back
Top Bottom