The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both look like a potassium deficiency to me... more MC!
Thanks for the input Emilya I appreciate your expert opinion but my concern about that advice is it didn't help my last plant it seemed but I will give it a try. Lowering the dose when I got burnt tips before on the last plant didn't help so maybe more is the answer. I read somewhere that some deficiency actually caused burned tips like too much nitrogen also does. So does too little potassium cause burned tips; if so that would explain a lot and indicate I do need more MC.

This week I flushed with 5 gallons because farside thought that might help because it did help him then my taskmaster Shed graciously enlightened me I needed 2-3 times that so I did it again a few days later when it was dry with 15 gallons so now I have a fresh canvas to try more MC. I am trying to cover all the bases before I add calmag so yes I will try using more MC next. Thanks.

yes indeed, this is the typical presentation of a potassium deficiency... not to be confused with a burn. Flushing was not the answer... more MC was.

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Your confidence is inspiring!! More MC it is. I will go from 6g/gal to 6.5g/gal. Thanks.

I think I have noticed something... several people are having similar issues.
In veg and to mid bloom, adjust for the green...
But in late bloom, when P and K dominate, adjust for the potassium... and always remember, a big and heavily fruiting plant has big needs. I will be expecting to need to adjust up as the blooms start getting big. Remember that this adjustment upwards, by throwing everything you have at the plants in weeks 5-7 is done by most of the major nutrient lines. We should expect to have to do it in MC too.

Thinking about it I did go through a phase where I tried to push the MC and that ended up with what seemed like the same kind of damage. Maybe I went too far the other way? ( that was rhetorical because who knows).

I will try raising in my MC in .5g/gal increments and hope for the best. My user name is becoming sadly prophetic because with the challenge I am having dialing in this nute I am becoming a Homer... :oops: :laugh:

I was feeding at about 6g/gal and started getting burned tips so I cut it back to 5g/gal and then the leaves turned yellow so I went up to 6.5. Now following the guidelines on your site with my next plant the leaves are starting to look the same. I am trying a flush on the next plant to see if that helps.

wwww.jpg

4.jpg
@GreenleafNutr. This is my younger plant only about a month into flower and the leaves are turning just like the previous posts of my OG.

11.jpg

22.jpg
Thanks for the input Emilya I appreciate your expert opinion but my concern about that advice is it didn't help my last plant it seemed but I will give it a try. Lowering the dose when I got burnt tips before on the last plant didn't help so maybe more is the answer. I read somewhere that some deficiency actually caused burned tips like too much nitrogen also does. So does too little potassium cause burned tips; if so that would explain a lot and indicate I do need more MC.

This week I flushed with 5 gallons because farside thought that might helps because it did help him then my taskmaster Shed graciously enlightened me I needed 2-3 times that so I did it again a few days later when it was dry with 15 gallons so now I have a fresh canvas to try more MC. I am trying to cover all the bases before I add calmag so yes I will try using more MC next. Thanks.
yes indeed, this is the typical presentation of a potassium deficiency... not to be confused with a burn. Flushing was not the answer... more MC was.

Its hard to tell from late flowering plants, since they will show deficiencies and yellowing on the leaves just part of the normal conclusion to the flowering cycle. The younger plants are much more informative to find out. Did you get a change to test your run-off EC/PPM/pH, and are they in normal ranges?

My first suspicious would be that the leaves seemed overly yellow and with yellowing, which is a sign of not enough Nitrogen (in other words, not enough Mega Crop dosage).

@Emilya has some very good input also, although I am not quite as experienced as noticing potassium deficiencies, this also could be a possibility.

So it seems the solution would be to increase the Mega Crop dosage, since this will add more N, K (and cal/mag). So these are all possible culprits, but raising the dosage overall would help solve this if it were the case.

You were concerned about over-feeding and nutrient toxicity (burned tips), but if the burned tips was not caused by too much feeding, this could be the answer. As far as diagnosing burned tips, they can be caused by multiple things, so its hard to really pinpoint it exactly. Could even be caused by changing the dosage too quickly. I think @Emilya has a good suggestion on how to proceed!

I think I have noticed something... several people are having similar issues.
In veg and to mid bloom, adjust for the green...
But in late bloom, when P and K dominate, adjust for the potassium... and always remember, a big and heavily fruiting plant has big needs. I will be expecting to need to adjust up as the blooms start getting big. Remember that this adjustment upwards, by throwing everything you have at the plants in weeks 5-7 is done by most of the major nutrient lines. We should expect to have to do it in MC too.

I find my plants seem to be healthy and happy with MC if I follow the guidelines and max out at the 4g/gal in veg and my problems do seem to show up at about a month after flowering so your theory seems to apply. Maybe I will up it to 7g/gal since 6 wasn't enough and my last one I maxed at 6.5 and that didn't seem to be enough either.

I find my plants seem to be healthy and happy with MC if I follow the guidelines and max out at the 4g/gal in veg and my problems do seem to show up at about a month after flowering so your theory seems to apply. Maybe I will up it to 7g/gal since 6 wasn't enough and my last one I maxed at 6.5 and that didn't seem to be enough either.
I like how you think... and that is how I will be treating any deficiencies. Until I see clear signs of toxicity, I will keep cranking it on, and if I do finally see an actual tip burn on the new growth, I will know that I am just about where I need to be.

Its hard to tell from late flowering plants, since they will show deficiencies and yellowing on the leaves just part of the normal conclusion to the flowering cycle. The younger plants are much more informative to find out. Did you get a change to test your run-off EC/PPM/pH, and are they in normal ranges?

My first suspicious would be that the leaves seemed overly yellow and with yellowing, which is a sign of not enough Nitrogen (in other words, not enough Mega Crop dosage).

@Emilya has some very good input also, although I am not quite as experienced as noticing potassium deficiencies, this also could be a possibility.

So it seems the solution would be to increase the Mega Crop dosage, since this will add more N, K (and cal/mag). So these are all possible culprits, but raising the dosage overall would help solve this if it were the case.

You were concerned about over-feeding and nutrient toxicity (burned tips), but if the burned tips was not caused by too much feeding, this could be the answer. As far as diagnosing burned tips, they can be caused by multiple things, so its hard to really pinpoint it exactly. Could even be caused by changing the dosage too quickly. I think @Emilya has a good suggestion on how to proceed!

Thank you, I will follow your and Emilya's advice and try more MC. I do appreciate the input and I hope I succeed with your product because I love the simplicity and your reasonable prices. You folks do good honest work.

I like how you think... and that is how I will be treating any deficiencies. Until I see clear signs of toxicity, I will keep cranking it on, and if I do finally see an actual tip burn on the new growth, I will know that I am just about where I need to be.
Don't like my thinking too much because I seem to be the problem child here when it comes to dialing in nutes. :p

I have been resisting buying a PPM meter but I think I will break down because my dilemma cries for investigation. I had to google EC and had no idea conductivity was a test; I will look into that more. I used to test my runoff pH but the consensus was that it didn't tell you anything, an idea I always resisted.

The consensus here seems to be with MC and Promix HP and tap water pH adjustment isn't needed so I haven't been testing and I usually don't water so much I get any runoff.

I have been resisting buying a PPM meter but I think I will break down because my dilemma cries for investigation. I had to google EC and had no idea conductivity was a test; I will look into that more. I used to test my runoff pH but the consensus was that it didn't tell you anything, an idea I always resisted.

The consensus here seems to be with MC and Promix HP and tap water pH adjustment isn't needed so I haven't been testing and I usually don't water so much I get any runoff.
No need to buy anything that you don't have. If you have a way to test pH, might be interested to see what the runoff is.

Usually for media watering we used to water to 10% of run-off once per week, and this should prevent any toxicities or buildup in the media.

No need to buy anything that you don't have. If you have a way to test pH, might be interested to see what the runoff is.

Usually for media watering we used to water to 10% of run-off once per week, and this should prevent any toxicities or buildup in the media.

Like I said it was pretty strongly suggested runoff pH didn't say much so I am intrigued you think it is of interest. I found it varied a few points from what I was watering at when I adjusted pH and found that curious but don't remember which direction it was but yes I do have a meter and I will check. I was also thinking of testing the soil after a grow is finished for pH with the distilled water test and might get a PPM for that too.

We were discussing runoff and build up lately so that is interesting about the 10%.

Homer, forgive me if you've mentioned this already, but what are your temp/humidity levels looking like?

Maybe those could be influencing the amount of water your plants are drinking, and in turn taking up more/less nutes? Just kinda spitballin here, trying to think outside the box a bit.

This week I flushed with 5 gallons because farside thought that might help because it did help him then my taskmaster Shed graciously enlightened me I needed 2-3 times that so I did it again a few days later when it was dry with 15 gallons so now I have a fresh canvas to try more MC. I am trying to cover all the bases before I add calmag so yes I will try using more MC next. Thanks.

What size container are you in? For my 5 gallon bags I pour through 2 gallons of tap followed by a gallon of feed. So roughly half the volume of the container. Since I'm not running 2-3 times the volume of the pot through them, I call it a rinse rather than a flush. Without digging through all the posts again, I thought Shed's post also said that doing a 2-3 times volume of the pot was unnecessary. Either way, did you finish by putting in a gallon of full strength nutes as your last gallon of liquid? If not, and all they got was water, it would explain why you're seeing possible deficiencies.

Fed Mega Crop for the first time this morning. 1500ml per plant. I mixed 6gm to 3 gallons of RO water. I’m on well water and it’s almost 400 ppm with high sulfur. I get 40-50 from the RO water. Please ignore Nancy, she’s never happy. Her eviction notice is being typed by the wife tonight as she drops 2 more seeds.

Attachments

• FD4A68E0-B8D5-4DA8-AC81-871BFE8EB284.jpeg
    FD4A68E0-B8D5-4DA8-AC81-871BFE8EB284.jpeg
    573.7 KB · Views: 53
  • C5684B75-53FB-4A97-8626-A4A7FF2AC640.jpeg
    C5684B75-53FB-4A97-8626-A4A7FF2AC640.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
If Potassium def is the diagnosis Homer, before upping too much MC wait for the rinse or flush results to show first. If you had too much sodium buildup in there(high salt levels in your water perhaps) then your uptake up Potassium is reduced. By all accounts MC has enough K in it through flowering, so to me the reset makes sense before hitting the 7g mark. Seven grams puts your N load very high imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom