The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed Mega Crop for the first time this morning. 1500ml per plant. I mixed 6gm to 3 gallons of RO water. I’m on well water and it’s almost 400 ppm with high sulfur. I get 40-50 from the RO water. Please ignore Nancy, she’s never happy. Her eviction notice is being typed by the wife tonight as she drops 2 more seeds.

Now you're officially in the club! 6g for 3 gal, so 2g per gallon correct? They look big enough that they should easily take that. You could probably go up as high as 4 if there's no other nutrients in your media. Just let the green color be your guide.

Now you're officially in the club! 6g for 3 gal, so 2g per gallon correct? They look big enough that they should easily take that. You could probably go up as high as 4 if there's no other nutrients in your media. Just let the green color be your guide.
I thought it was a safe place to start. I will up on the next feed for sure.
The wife told me that MC is tolerable with smell. All the bottle nutes were nasty AF. Leaving it over night I had no solids in the jug which made me happy. I am glad to see they are going to do something about the balls in it. Things roll perfectly.

Homer, forgive me if you've mentioned this already, but what are your temp/humidity levels looking like?

Maybe those could be influencing the amount of water your plants are drinking, and in turn taking up more/less nutes? Just kinda spitballin here, trying to think outside the box a bit.

This time of year my humidity is pretty close to 45% and my temp stays around 75F so I think they are good.

What size container are you in? For my 5 gallon bags I pour through 2 gallons of tap followed by a gallon of feed. So roughly half the volume of the container. Since I'm not running 2-3 times the volume of the pot through them, I call it a rinse rather than a flush. Without digging through all the posts again, I thought Shed's post also said that doing a 2-3 times volume of the pot was unnecessary. Either way, did you finish by putting in a gallon of full strength nutes as your last gallon of liquid? If not, and all they got was water, it would explain why you're seeing possible deficiencies.

I am in 5-gallon containers and I believe Shed said two gallons was insufficient after I flushed with two and that 2-3 times the container size was needed because he tested his flush runoff with a PPM meter. And yes I did a gallon of full-strength nutes as my last gallon.

If Potassium def is the diagnosis Homer, before upping too much MC wait for the rinse or flush results to show first. If you had too much sodium buildup in there(high salt levels in your water perhaps) then your uptake up Potassium is reduced. By all accounts MC has enough K in it through flowering, so to me the reset makes sense before hitting the 7g mark. Seven grams puts your N load very high imho.

Ok Sauga, thanks for the info. I will try 6.5g/gal for a while and see how they respond before I consider going to 7g/gal.

Ok Sauga, thanks for the info. I will try 6.5g/gal for a while and see how they respond before I consider going to 7g/gal.

omg just realized i'm about a third higher..
23 g / 9Lro = 9.6 g / gallon

and they're just trooping along. wk 5 flower. really wondering wth :oops:

omg just realized i'm about a third higher..
23 g / 9Lro = 9.6 g / gallon

and they're just trooping along. wk 5 flower. really wondering wth :oops:
That seems a tad high-ish... :oops:

As long as you hear no complaints from the plants...

they are going gangbusters.
none of my hempy's have ever been like this lol.

not one plant should have made it this far. never had tops or secondaries as nice. i lollipopped super aggressive and at least two are throwing undergrowth everywhere again. they are all caged as well.

they are going gangbusters.
none of my hempy's have ever been like this lol.

not one plant should have made it this far. never had tops or secondaries as nice. i lollipopped super aggressive and at least two are throwing undergrowth everywhere again. they are all caged as well.
Your number 9.6g/gal seemed so high I checked your calculations and I get 9.67g/gal? I have never heard of anyone using even close to so much? I honestly don't know what to make of that.

How long have you been feeding at 9.6g/gallon?
quite some time. 3 wks at least.

@Homer Simpson did you do the calculation.. ? maybe i just smoked too much

this is also the first flower under mega light, not just mega crop lol

Your number 9.6g/gal seemed so high I checked your calculations and I get 9.67g/gal? I have never heard of anyone using even close to so much? I honestly don't know what to make of that.
My first time use I did 1 Tablespoon / 2.38 gallons which works out to 18 g / 2.38 gallon....plants were young/mid veg. They showed no signs of tip burn. I got lucky.

Smoke twice, measure once.

I just did the same conversion you did from g/L to g/gal. I am not saying you are not giving 9.6g/gal I have just never heard of anyone giving so much. I actually recently switched to a MegaLight too so perhaps I do need to substantially increase my nutes? I still think I will go up .5g/gal increments though.

Shed said two gallons was insufficient after I flushed with two and that 2-3 times the container size was needed because he tested his flush runoff with a PPM meter. And yes I did a gallon of full-strength nutes as my last gallon.
If you're doing an actual flush, it's 2-3x the pot size with plain water to get your PPM close to input = output.

If you are clearing out the substrate on an ongoing basis, it's more like what farside is doing.

6 g / 4 L in peat based is a damn sweet spot for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom