The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
start with the calculator amounts and work from there.

A nutrient supplier that has an accurate calculator that you don't have to cut in half to start with? Am I taking crazy pills? :D :D :D

Well, crap. I'm on the fence for this really hard. I have about a 2 week window before my new build will be ready. I have enough of the GH Trio to get about halfway through a full grow, but I'm really, really tempted by the MC. Seeing @West Hippie and his hydro results are what is really throwing me to the wolves.

The GH stuff I have on hand is:

- Flora Series Trio (Flora Gro/Bloom/Micro)
- FloraKleen
- FloraBlend
- Floralicious Plus
- Liquid KoolBloom
- Rapid Start

I would hate for it to go to waste, but I will need to pick up another quart each of the base nutes for the full grow. I'm down to just over a pint I'm guessing, and a full grow in the new system (going by half their chart, and previous use notes) should run me about a quart of each, just over maybe. Of course that's an average grow of 4 weeks in veg, a transition week or two, and then about 9 weeks in flower. Just a tick over half of a quart bottle of each.

So the short of that is a quart of each runs about $35, give or take. Then I'm still buying nutes for the run after that anyway. So where the fence comes in is do I stick with what I know, or go for it and be set for a couple grows with MC.

Hmmmmm...

Damn it, brain. Knock it off! :D :D :D

I agree with Shed. I wanted to see for myself if one teaspoon weighed 6 grams. I took a level teaspoon and poured it on my scale. It was 6 grams. That gives me peace of mind knowing that I'm not over feeding or wasting product. I can always adjust from there if need be. I'm sure Greenleaf spends lots of time and money researching on how much of their product to use. They want their customers to be happy with their product. Usually, you can't go wrong if you follow the manufacture's recommendations.
It absorbs moisture very easily, I wonder if that effects the weight much? I just used a teaspoon too.

:passitleft:

It absorbs moisture very easily, I wonder if that effects the weight much? I just used a teaspoon too.

I stick a desiccate pack in and store in a sour cream container. But I can feel it crusting up between feedings, usually need to give the dust a good stir.

Finding a volume measurement for a specific weight isn't a bad idea. I'm wondering though if it does retain a bit of moisture, then would that also swell the product?

I would think that if so, then the PPM/TDS would be a tick low with either method than on a "fresh" sample. However after a first complete run with the product, and keeping good notes, one should be able to tweak amounts as necessary if they know that 6g made their water 600 PPM (example numbers, just for illustrative purposes) but this time 6g only put it at say 550. If that were the case, you should be able to add a tick more to bump it up to where you want it.

Of course it would also show that if the numbers were still within the expected target (maybe it's 595 or even 605) then you know where you need to be and that so far moisture content hasn't played a significant role.

On another note, I'm still mulling this over. If I'm going to do it, I should probably get it ordered tomorrow.

I did do the math, kinda, and it looks like on my RDWC setup I should average approximately 65 weeks worth of grows per bag at their recommended strength. So roughly, $1.15 US (including shipping) per week for nutes on a 30gal system.

This is the part where someone usually says something about things being too good to be true? But wait... there's more! It works?!!!!?!!!

:laughtwo:

I would think that if so, then the PPM/TDS would be a tick low with either method than on a "fresh" sample. However after a first complete run with the product, and keeping good notes, one should be able to tweak amounts as necessary if they know that 6g made their water 600 PPM (example numbers, just for illustrative purposes) but this time 6g only put it at say 550. If that were the case, you should be able to add a tick more to bump it up to where you want it.
That's a great idea mV! When I mentioned that someone's EC meter won't necessarily match Greenleaf's numbers, that didn't mean that you can't use your meter as a tool for consistency from feeding to feeding.

I just try to push the air out of the bag and seal it well, and not leave it open long when I'm using it.

That's a great idea mV! When I mentioned that someone's EC meter won't necessarily match Greenleaf's numbers, that didn't mean that you can't use your meter as a tool for consistency from feeding to feeding.

I just try to push the air out of the bag and seal it well, and not leave it open long when I'm using it.

Thanks! I have one now and then. :D:D:D

It does make sense though, provided you keep your meter calibrated. As long as you do, your numbers are your numbers, and hit it or quit it. ;)

i go by weight, then monitor the ppm.
gives me an idea of how much per L will result in a target ppm.

hi all. Actually we have been registered on this site since 2017, but haven't been active yet. :ganjamon:
I see this thread exists, so possibly we can answer some questions that come up or anything else. We do not currently have any special affiliation with this website should be noted.
1570758570647.png

Soon as my tds meter shows up Im going to weigh up 1 gram of MC and test the ppm in 1gal of water. Just for my own reference. This way I can weight up 1 teaspoon as normal and test the tds for a more precise dose. Mostly for later in flower. Ive used MC for the last 3 plants and personally love the results. Will keep buying it. As its alot less of a hassle to mix this up instead of 8 liquids my ML and always need to monitor different chemicals potency.

hi all. Actually we have been registered on this site since 2017, but haven't been active yet. :ganjamon:
I see this thread exists, so possibly we can answer some questions that come up or anything else. We do not currently have any special affiliation with this website should be noted.

Noted, and welcome. :welcome: :ciao:

While you're here, and thank you for that, have I done my math correctly on how many reservoirs I can expect on average. I fully understand it may be slightly off one way or the other due to many things.

For a system with 30 US gallons, with 2 weeks/2 weeks/2 weeks for veg, and a 10 week flower cycle, I should be able to get approximately 65 water changes?

I summed them all up, divided by 16 for the average per week, and poof. Then I rounded up a tick on the total per week, and down on the total number of changes.

Anyway, appreciate your efforts on continuously improving your product, and looking forward to giving it a go. :)

Noted, and welcome. :welcome: :ciao:

While you're here, and thank you for that, have I done my math correctly on how many reservoirs I can expect on average. I fully understand it may be slightly off one way or the other due to many things.

For a system with 30 US gallons, with 2 weeks/2 weeks/2 weeks for veg, and a 10 week flower cycle, I should be able to get approximately 65 water changes?

I summed them all up, divided by 16 for the average per week, and poof. Then I rounded up a tick on the total per week, and down on the total number of changes.

Anyway, appreciate your efforts on continuously improving your product, and looking forward to giving it a go. :)
HI. Actually I don't understand your question exactly. Also would need to know which type of grow system that you use.

If you need 65 water changes x 30 Gallons, that would be 1950 Gallons total. You can input that into the Feeding Calculator on the website, and it gives around maybe 9500g estimated needed. I am not sure if I got your information correct, but 9500g would be about the 9.9 / 10kg bag size?

Also you can use coupon code MEGACROP for 5% discount from website purchases.

HI. Actually I don't understand your question exactly. Also would need to know which type of grow system that you use.

If you need 65 water changes x 30 Gallons, that would be 1950 Gallons total. You can input that into the Feeding Calculator on the website, and it gives around maybe 9500g estimated needed. I am not sure if I got your information correct, but 9500g would be about the 9.9 / 10kg bag size?

Thanks!

I have a 30gal total RDWC system.

I figured up an average of a 6-week veg (2 weeks of each level from the site calculator), plus a 10 week flower period. So I added all the weights for those 16 weeks together, then divided by 16. It came to a (rounded) average of 150g.

I then took 10kg (10000g) and divided by 150. That comes out to 66 2/3.

So if I'm doing this right, that "should" mean about 65 weeks (on average, for my system) per 10kg bag of MC.

In short, a bag can go a lonnnnnng way. :)

Finding a volume measurement for a specific weight isn't a bad idea. I'm wondering though if it does retain a bit of moisture, then would that also swell the product?

Of course it would also show that if the numbers were still within the expected target (maybe it's 595 or even 605) then you know where you need to be and that so far moisture content hasn't played a significant role.

On another note, I'm still mulling this over. If I'm going to do it, I should probably get it ordered tomorrow.

Well... What if you were to place an amount that you think may have drawn moisture into the oven @ some temperature that is above the boiling point of water at your atmospheric pressure for a half-hour or so (such at 250°F at sea level, or even 225°F)? Would this guarantee an anhydrous sample?

@GreenleafNutr , would my idea be at all likely to harm the sample of your product? I'm glad to see that you are interacting with the members here, by the way. That might help some of us learn to use your product and, who knows, may at some point present the opportunity for you to improve your products, too. And, of course, thank you for being a sponsor (advertiser) on our favorite cannabis-related forum (and virtual second home ;) ).

<SCRATCHES HEAD> Might not work. Been a long time since I thought about this kind of thing, but seems like heating some fertilizer components can cause unwanted effects.

Well... What if you were to place an amount that you think may have drawn moisture into the oven @ some temperature that is above the boiling point of water at your atmospheric pressure for a half-hour or so (such at 250°F at sea level, or even 225°F)? Would this guarantee an anhydrous sample?

@GreenleafNutr , would my idea be at all likely to harm the sample of your product? I'm glad to see that you are interacting with the members here, by the way. That might help some of us learn to use your product and, who knows, may at some point present the opportunity for you to improve your products, too. And, of course, thank you for being a sponsor (advertiser) on our favorite cannabis-related forum (and virtual second home ;) ).

<SCRATCHES HEAD> Might not work. Been a long time since I thought about this kind of thing, but seems like heating some fertilizer components can cause unwanted effects.
not sure about drying the MC, i do use heat when mixing tho.

when mixing the nutes i measure out the ro, weigh the MC, then use a small jar of ro to dilute the MC in before adding it to the rest of the water.

to help the process along i will zap the jar i am diluting the MC with in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. about enough time it would take to reheat a cup of coffee. make sure to take the lid off the jar before placing in the microwave.

Im going to weigh up 1 gram of MC
Given the makeup of MC, with powder and balls, I don't think you will get a representative sample of both in a 1 gram measurement. I actually don't mix less than 3 gallons at a time to make sure I get a more evenly distributed powder/ball ratio.

I would do at least a 6 gram sample as a benchmark, and higher for more accuracy. It's not like it's going to go to waste once you mix it.

And a big bag is now ordered. I figured what the hell. I've blown $65 on a lot worse stuff! :rofl:

Did anybody tell y'all you're a bad influence?!!!!?!!!?!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just got my new bag of MegaCrop today , the ingredients are still labeled the same and the same bag !
What about the V1-V2-V3 is there a difference?
At six grams a gallon in a 20 gallon reservoir I vary from 650-690 ppm and drives my RO water from 7.2 to 6.1 on the ph . I also have the pro-calmag .
If I get a deficiency I’m gonna try what InTheShed said just up the MegaCrop on my new grow !

Attachments

• 2D466E51-5DD2-41F3-9C05-D5330C86F55B.jpeg
    2D466E51-5DD2-41F3-9C05-D5330C86F55B.jpeg
    671.1 KB · Views: 98
  • D440118F-70C1-4E75-81E1-0DE3330CDCEF.jpeg
    D440118F-70C1-4E75-81E1-0DE3330CDCEF.jpeg
    546.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 75D3ED8C-9237-4F91-B504-35DD416691BD.jpeg
    75D3ED8C-9237-4F91-B504-35DD416691BD.jpeg
    464.8 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.