The Mega Crop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving MC a shot, subbed

I'm doing the same. Ordered Friday, will be here Tuesday. I figure that the worst case is it doesn't work, and I'm out $65. I've blown that and more on a lot worse. Best case scenario is it works a treat, and nutrients will be much simpler from here on out.

I grew your Bedroom Cookies with it this summer in ProMix HP!

What were you pH-ing your mix to when feeding? Typical 5.6-6.3 range?

I don't pH my nutes. Completely unnecessary in Promix or any well made soil.

i run hempy and i ph to 5.8(ish).

i use ro water, i filter myself and it usually starts between 5 - 7ppm, and ph 7.0 - 7.2.
right now i'm finding that the ph is very close to my target after mixing the nutes. have not used a ph buffer for few feeds.

I don't pH my nutes. Completely unnecessary in Promix or any well made soil.

Mind. Blown.

Wow that was a wild read. I'm going to have to read it a couple more times to get my head around it. I've typically treated promix like coco and ran the nute pH to that range.

i run hempy and i ph to 5.8(ish).

i use ro water, i filter myself and it usually starts between 5 - 7ppm, and ph 7.0 - 7.2.
right now i'm finding that the ph is very close to my target after mixing the nutes. have not used a ph buffer for few feeds.

If I had the ceiling height, I would love to put together a recirculating hempy system just to give it a go. Really like some of the features of it all. I know you don't need extra height, but having to run tents and having just under 7ft to work with in there, it isn't feasible for me right now for how I want to set it up. I'd lose about an extra foot of height over what I have now with a bucket.

Doesn't really show the trichs here but this was a Pineapple Express from FastBuds in FFOF with MC v1.
1571062976477.png

1571063228235.png

Okay, so I ended up with too many pics for one post. Also forgot which order I took the pics, but the girls are Cheese, Northern Lights, Girl Scout Cookies, and Peyote Critical. There's also a runt bagseed orphan that my sister gave me. It was about 5 " tall when I got it, and we had no idea if it was male or female, so I just stuck it in the flower tent and left it there. Been using MC in it ever since. It's only about 8" tall now, and THICK! Wish I knew what strain it was.

DSC_0078.jpg
DSC_0079.jpg
DSC_0081.jpg
DSC_0082.jpg
DSC_0085.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
DSC_0087.jpg
DSC_0088.jpg
DSC_0089.jpg

I go out of the country for a few and miss the start of a new thread on one of my favorite topics.

I use MC v2 in Pro Mix or my Pro Mix copy dubbed Faux Mix®. I feed by volume rather than weight. My weight trials led me to 1/8 tsp = 1g + or - .1g. that was close enough for me. I do supplement Silica via Dyna Gro's Pro-Tekt, and also supplement Cal Mag to keep my blended N-P-K at my desired ratio. I use my city tap water that comes in at 150ppm. I have a RO water system but quit using it for the plants since I don't have to lug the water as far and the tub faucet fills the jugs quicker. I found no difference between using the RO and my tap. My feed schedule is below along with a pictures of a grow of 3 Fastbuds autos that yielded 29.5 oz in a tiny 32"x32" tent. Of those three, one of them netted me Plant of the Month back in June, a 12oz Blue Dream. It was the first grow I used MC and it beat my previous best using all Dyna Gro products by nearly 50%. So yeah, I'm a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom