The New Autoflower Topping Thread

I will try watering with a lower ph.i was under the impression that los didn't need ph perfect water. There in 3 gallon pots and get 48 ounces each when watered. There is some runoff.

Should I top my plant? This is my first grow and I got some knowledge about growing.
Transplanted 2 days ago and I got 2 Amnesia Haze Autoflowers and 1 Blueberry Autoflower. When should I top them?

Sent from my Z981 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Should I top?
420-magazine-mobile1385372176.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2028421031.jpg

Sent from my Z981 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As the grow cycle is coming to an end, I'm thinking about another one (ofcourse!)

My grow area is very small 60cm x 60cm, and I'm using 200w cfl 2100K.
At the moment it seems that with 4 plants in there it's a bit crowded and dificult at times to access the plants in the back when watering.
So I was thinking about groing 2 plants only, but training them a bit better and potentially topping at the right time so I can fill the space.
Would that be as efficient as the current 4 plants setup? Will I get the similar yield results as with the current or larger/smaller ?

I was thinking about growing TH Seeds Bubbblegum Auto and Dinamex from Dinafem.

Ciao!

As the grow cycle is coming to an end, I'm thinking about another one (ofcourse!)

At the moment it seems that with 4 plants in there it's a bit crowded and dificult at times to access the plants in the back when watering.
So I was thinking about groing 2 plants only, but training them a bit better and potentially topping at the right time so I can fill the space.
Would that be as efficient as the current 4 plants setup? Will I get the similar yield results as with the current or larger/smaller ?

Ciao!

I think in that space you will get better yields just running two plants with topping/ lst. 4 plants in that little space sounds too painful

Update. The soil was dry at least 3 inches down. That's as far down as I checked. The pots were all very light. I only watered the back left with 32 ounces 6.6 ph water. I didn't give the other 2 any water. Back left plant looks no better.
IMG_034941.JPG

I'll try that ! :D

And do you think I would get any better results with LED instead of current CFL? Would LED not be too powetful for such small space?

You beat me to it Penn!! To further elaborate try and shoot for a range not just a specific reading. I shoot for 6.3-6.7. Doing this allows different nutrients and different minerals to be up taken at different levels at different times. This making for a healthier plant that gets everything it needs in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Isn't 5.5 - 6.5 standard from veg to flower?

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ciao!
Hey man! You and I are in the same boat then hehe I got a 130w LED and have done 2 crops with 3 vs 6 plants in a 80x80x160 tent. Last one I got 1g/w so happy about that one . I am now going for a 60x60 tent with dual chambers so i can start germinating a bit sooner. My idea is to put two 17L pots that are 27cm wide, that will leave me enough space for airflow and a C02 bag plus my little dehumidifier end phase. I am not sure if I am going to use a scrog or not but I guess we'll see when we get there. I got a formula that works pretty well for calculating how nuch light you need; 2.16w/cm2 +whatever your light is lost. In leds you have approx 35% light lost and with hps the standard is around 65% depending on manufacturer. I am unsure about CFL since they are kinda very much depending on close proximity for optimal light, but I guess that 2.7w/cm2 would be a decent reference. So now all you need to know is how much light is lost by the cfl and the equation is done. In my case with the led its 2.16+35%×60=130w

Hey man! You and I are in the same boat then hehe I got a 130w LED and have done 2 crops with 3 vs 6 plants in a 80x80x160 tent. Last one I got 1g/w so happy about that one . I am now going for a 60x60 tent with dual chambers so i can start germinating a bit sooner. My idea is to put two 17L pots that are 27cm wide, that will leave me enough space for airflow and a C02 bag plus my little dehumidifier end phase. I am not sure if I am going to use a scrog or not but I guess we'll see when we get there. I got a formula that works pretty well for calculating how nuch light you need; 2.16w/cm2 +whatever your light is lost. In leds you have approx 35% light lost and with hps the standard is around 65% depending on manufacturer. I am unsure about CFL since they are kinda very much depending on close proximity for optimal light, but I guess that 2.7w/cm2 would be a decent reference. So now all you need to know is how much light is lost by the cfl and the equation is done. In my case with the led its 2.16+35%×60=130w

Hey dude! Seems like it. I'm assuming you are growing autos too. What strains? how is it going?

It is my first grow in this setup, and first time growing autos.
I grew once before, but that was couple years ago and it was a photo, in much bigger tent.
Anyway... would be good to keep track of eachother, so we can see how our small differences matter!

Your light calculation must have assumed it's a w/m2 not cm2. (otherwise it would be nearly 1kW I would need for my space :p)
actually, it's not square meters you meant either... as that would be below 1W :p So you must mean the lenght of the side of the tent, so 60.. (I'm assuming that works only with square shaped tents).

Found this really cool, and quite indepth calculation that I'm sure can be applied to this situation:
CFL: Calculations and Room Design | Rollitup

The only thing is, that limens are not the best way of measuring strenght of LED. in face the watts are not either.

ThanX so much for sharing that comparison chart Schtiggy.

I recently got some Jack Herer Auto seeds for a future grow so this whole thread has been very informative.

But I guess what I did to my Photos was really neither Topping nor Fimming as described above. It worked very well though and caused them to bush out very nicely. I'll try to describe my technique using the image to.

My 'topping" cut removed the portion right at the point where the diagram is labeled Internode Space. By Carefully pulling apart the new growth my cuts were made leaving the two outermost New Fanleaves intact. They each developed quickly into new tops. Then I topped each plant a second time in the same manner when those two outermost New Fanleaves each showed thier second node.

PS..my Jack Herer Auto seeds came from Crop King Seeds, has anyone tried to grow this strain of Autos from CKS?

Back
Top Bottom