The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Update on my NL's day 37 I think supposed to be same strain same breeder have totally different phenotype. 4gal pot is on week 2 of flower already Hempy bucket doesn't look like flowering anytime soon? Ah well no worries. Both are healthy as shit so no complaints here.
420-magazine-mobile546858559.jpg
420-magazine-mobile220650180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I got few NL my self in a 7 gallon fabric pots and they log healthy but having growing much

I love my green girls

Thanks for all the great info.I have never done a full indoor grow with autos,always starting photos inside and then planting outside.I would like to do both this spring,and have a question.I am limited to one tent,and must start both autos and photos in the same tent.If I use the 18/6 light schedule,will my photos go into flower when I put them outside at 15.5 hrs of sunlight? I am assuming they will,and so might have to adjust might light schedule to 15/9 for the first 6 weeks.Please help me with this before I start to listen to the voices in my head!Thanks-Crank
15/9 is awfully close to the threshold of the light-hours for photoperiod flowering. You could use a small but yet adequate light to extend your days once you put them outside. They don't need much and you'd only need to run a few hours. Is that a possibility... Or you could just veg them a little longer. Just brainstorming here:passitleft:

Update on my NL's day 37 I think supposed to be same strain same breeder have totally different phenotype. 4gal pot is on week 2 of flower already Hempy bucket doesn't look like flowering anytime soon? Ah well no worries. Both are healthy as shit so no complaints here.
420-magazine-mobile546858559.jpg
You'll always have different looking plants these days unless you have a f3 or f4 strain phenotypes will vary quite a bit. Most seed breeders have f2 maybe f3 genetics. This means they've back crossed the strain 3 times locking in the genetic traits of their chosen mothers/fathers. In any case they both look good and green. Thanks for sharing brother :Namaste:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks for responding.When I put my photos outside,the natural light will be 15+ hrs per day.In the past,and I really mean,in the past,I started my photos inside with about 12hrs of light,so,when I put them out,at 15hrs,I never had a problem.I am assuming,that if I start everything at 18/6,when I put the photos out at 15hrs natural,they will go into flower.So, I guess my question is,if you were going to start both photos and autos in the same tent,and wanting to trans the photos outside at 6weeks,and 15hrs of light,and keep the autos in the tent,what would you do?I know,get another tent!I can move the photos out of the tent daily,to cut down on the amount of light,of course,it being a pain in the backsides.Just when you thought you heard it all,right!!! Never a dull moment.Thanks for your patience,I appreciate any and all help.Crank

Thanks for responding.When I put my photos outside,the natural light will be 15+ hrs per day.In the past,and I really mean,in the past,I started my photos inside with about 12hrs of light,so,when I put them out,at 15hrs,I never had a problem.I am assuming,that if I start everything at 18/6,when I put the photos out at 15hrs natural,they will go into flower.So, I guess my question is,if you were going to start both photos and autos in the same tent,and wanting to trans the photos outside at 6weeks,and 15hrs of light,and keep the autos in the tent,what would you do?I know,get another tent!I can move the photos out of the tent daily,to cut down on the amount of light,of course,it being a pain in the backsides.Just when you thought you heard it all,right!!! Never a dull moment.Thanks for your patience,I appreciate any and all help.Crank

I was able to do both...I don't know if that helps. The top two are autos and the bottom are photo's

20170119_090710.jpg

:circle-of-love:

My first time topping an auto properly after following this thread. I even did the cut on an angle. Glad I could contribute to this customized thread after following Snids advice. Thank you!

420-magazine-mobile860107661.jpg

Great example G2heal, :thanks: may your toppee be a plentiful producer :Namaste:

Hello my green brthers and sisters! :Namaste:
It's my first grow, and first post here.

I have 4 plants flowering: 3x Dinafem Critical Cheese Auto + 1x Advanced Seeds Biodiesel Mass Auto
Growing in soil, in a tent that is in the closet (temperature stays high easily, but I'm managing it).
200W dual CFL on 18/6 schedule all along.

All three seeds planted together. However BDM took a god bit longer to sprout and one of the first leaves was much much smaller than the other one. That turned into a strange mutation, where leaf on one side would have 3 feathers, and on the same node the other leaf would have 5-7 feathers.
BDM grew very differently to other 3 CC plants. much more bushy and harder to train because of that. Seems sort of slower.

I did not top any of the plants, as I read somewhre it's absolutely unacceptable with autos. Whoever said that, was obviously wrong looking at your results here. :)
I did go quite hardcore on the training to spread my babies across the surface of the tent.. i'm pretty confident that it was a little too hard, and I might be getting smalle (at least smaller than expected) colas. But that's a lesson learned.

And here is a pickle (actually two):

BDM in the last week, after one of few bloom nutes feedings, started discolorting leaves. You can see that in the photograps.
What could affect this? Is it nute burn?
PH is managed, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Also, majority of the pistils are orange, and the flowers look extremly compact (that can be due to the mutation?). Looking at the trichs it seems that it's still about a week or two away easily. But need your opinion!

CC: all three plants grew in a little different pace, being about a day or two ahead of eachother. One of them (in the picuters, it's the one in the far left corner) is clearly the most mature, and has biggest colas. It seems ready to be cut down even today. What do you guys think? I did see one or two amber trichs (altought loope I have is makingeverything look quite strange so hard to be sure), and majority is cloudy IMO
When should I cut them?

Thank you in advance!

Biodiesel Mass
MG_00101.jpg
MG_00081.jpg
MG_0007.jpg

Critical Cheese
MG_00201.jpg
MG_00171.jpg
MG_0015.jpg
MG_0015-1.jpg
MG_00141.jpg
MG_0014-1.jpg
MG_0012.jpg

Early miss 21 days from seed, what do you think? Should I top her?

The roots only just became long enough to reach the top of the water in the bubble bucket, and since then her growth has taken off. The third node is just barely starting to come in. It's still pretty small though, so not sure if I should top it or not.
420-magazine-mobile1368593458.jpg
For an Early miss with only a 7 week flower period, I'd be weary to attempt it at day 21. And It's too early for that 3rd node still, you'll need to wait another day at least. If anyone has experience with the early miss strain, let us know what you think. :Namaste:

Here and ready to learn. I've topped a few auto's with great success, and others without. Good genetics are the most important thing when it comes to the stability of topping an auto strain :thumb:

Here is a Fast Buds Pineapple Express Auto that went 55 days and yielded just over 2 oz. Topped at 10 days and LST'd her to keep her below 12"

420-magazine-mobile882618051.jpg
Very nice Dan, I'm wanting to do my first grow and I'm going auto WW. I'm trying to decide best pot option I wanna top and LST. Did you do all yours in that pot?

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

:bump:
Here's my latest auto that was harvested. 61g dried(-40%rh) and de-stemmed. Approached 120 days from sprout.
20170130_104926.jpg

20170130_105005.jpg

20170201_161211.jpg

4 more to come down in the next week or so... :yahoo:

That looks awesome Snid......How long before harvest do they start fading out like that?

:high-five::bravo::welldone::love:

So you might remember that I topped one of my WW autos late and ended up with a nice clone-worthy top. Now, eleven days later the root buds have exploded out and the clone is looking healthy.

BUT... is that a pre-flower I see? LMAO! I knew that this was the likely outcome but I'd hoped to fool Mother Nature and veg her to a decent size before she went into flower. Bring on the 2 gram nug! Woo Hoo! :rofl:

IMG_99791.JPG

IMG_9978.JPG

Damn, who's old ass hands are those?

Has anybody played with these mini cages before I'm either going to order some of these they are 45cm tall thinking these or a scrog as the strains I'm working with are gonna be tall
420-magazine-mobile319955258.jpg

And here's a snap of alien og auto and sisters loving there toppings
420-magazine-mobile877795998.jpg
420-magazine-mobile155261983.jpg

Just been hand training so far and tied down two main fan leafs to help tuck they will need a defol soon

But any advice on the cage/scrog would be much apresiated ...

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Agc Auto Growers Club

420-magazine-mobile1585434268.jpg
420-magazine-mobile301946660.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1179331955.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1321519257.jpg
I am so proud of all my little girls and I couldn't done it without you 420 mag and all its participants

I love my green girls

Back
Top Bottom