The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Just an update. Four days after topping, root hormones, and some TLC i have ROOTS!
I kept the cutting on top of a CFL veg light that kept grow medium temps at 82F, and kept the cutting under a dome to keep humidity high. And, ok..., this is going to sound weird cuz it is, but I held my breath until my body was buzzing from lack of oxygen and then exhaled into the dome several times a day. I have bottled CO2 in the garage but it just seemed so impersonal. LMAO. Yeah, I'm weird like that. Now I just have to hope that she stays in veg and doesn't flower with the rest of her.

IMG_99083.JPG

Ha! Check this out... I found this in ohioboy's journal, apparently he's cloned this one months ago.
I'm thinking about putting the auto clone from my last grow back inside under lights diamond has been outside ever since I harvested her mom I'm guessing about 2 months
420-magazine-mobile1355993980.jpg
420-magazine-mobile972887876.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1139065428.jpg
now I without thought put her in freakin peat moss with no additives (I was smokin on a fresh batch of bho at the time) add that to the stress of being brought outside from 3 months of 20/4 and I just left her and she's survived so I'm gonna transplant into some good soil and put her back inside on a nute regiment and see what happens. Hope alls well with all

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

KiG Everyone :green_heart:cheers

I know that I am off topic,but is you lighting one of those "build it yourself"kits?I have been curious about how good they are
They are amazing, i was gonna buy some cheap Chinese blurple junk, until they wouldn't give me a descent discount on a couple panels.... Soooo.. I started researching these diy lights, and i have order almost all my parts.. They absolutely blow away even the best prefabed led panels on the market from blackdog, platinum, advanced and even California lightworks.. Now if you have some electrical knowledge you can slap these together like nothing.. If not you can read, read, read and still will be able to do it without much trouble.. Even if you have no desire or mechanical aptitude, check out timber. Definitely more than building yourself, but much higher quality components than any panel out there and you can very easily change components.. Example- new cob tech comes out next year, very easily you can unclip, unscrew and remount the new chip to your heatsink in minutes and your up and running.. Say you want to give those cobs a little more power, u can easily buy a higher watage driver and swap... Say you want more light, no prob,.. So you buy 2,3,4 more cobs wire them in series with your existing cobs... Like magic they will all work, now at this point you will want to upgrade power supply to drive them harder, but they will work nonetheless and most of the cree, bridgelux and citizens will actually be more efficient at lower wattages.. The mars reflectors i was looking at we're very weak at an actual 50-70 lumens/w. The vero29's i purchased run at 170lms/w.. Chips have 10year warranty, meanwell drivers have 7yr warranty.. Seems like a no brainer... If you want a awsome light and cant diy, check out timber... Exact same stuff as the diy-ers are doin.. If u look around the web you will find people making these back in 2014, and even back then you will read of people beating their hps systems in yield, resin production, denseness, and overall quality.. And we haven't even talked about power savings. And those chips are 3-4 levels behind what is being used today... If you are looking for a new light, do your research.... This way of lighting is way ahead of blurple panels...
Cheers

9 Or 10 CKS Trainwreck Autos - First Time - Topped - Soilless

A side note,
Please, please, please, people with cheap ph pens...
Calibrate, calibrate, calibrate..

Even then they can be very inaccurate...

I have seen my plants over the past few weeks slow and almost stall out.. Droopy, and just unhappy looking.. After hunting through all my gear, the pen was my weakest link.. Also my ph down had been increasing as of lately... Hmmmm.. So i ran out to the hydro store and spent 100$ on a quality ph meter... Well let me tell you... I checked the pen against grotek 7ph solution , not the cheap crap they give you with the pen and......
Quality pen---7.01
Cheap ph pen--- 10.21...REALLy...
So my pen has been drifting for god knows how long.. So when i was thinking i was feeding at 5.8 i was giving my girls extremely acidic 3.6ph....or less, who knows.. I bought some AN ph perfect and a quality pen and within 4 days my girls are coming back to life...

Again.. Cant stress this enough..
CHECK YOUR CHEAP PH PEN..
PLEASE.. Your girls will thank you.
Cheers

A side note,

I have seen my plants over the past few weeks slow and almost stall out.. Droopy, and just unhappy looking.. After hunting through all my gear, the pen was my weakest link.. Also my ph down had been increasing as of lately... Hmmmm.. So i ran out to the hydro store and spent 100$ on a quality ph meter... Well let me tell you... I checked the pen against grotek 7ph solution , not the cheap crap they give you with the pen and......
Quality pen---7.01
So my pen has been drifting for god knows how long.. So when i was thinking i was feeding at 5.8 i was giving my girls extremely acidic 3.6ph....or less, who knows.. I bought some AN ph perfect and a quality pen and within 4 days my girls are coming back to life...

Cheers

Is there a known liquid to use to calibrate a cheap ph pen? What would I have around the house that I could use?

:circle-of-love:

A side note,

Quality pen---7.01

Cheers

I have 3. They drift badly. I spend more money than I would like on ph test solution. When I use them, I use all 3. They rarely agree. I have stopped ph adjusting my water. Last grow I ran 1 out of 4 plants with no adjustment and it went fine. this grow, all 4 of them with no ph adjustment. So far so good. I have one that had a yellow set of leave shoot out, but over the last 2 weeks it seems to have worked itself out. I'm sure that one will end up with a severely compromised yield, but I'll let her run.
I agree 100%. Spend the money and buy a good one...if you are going to adjust ph.

A side note,

Quality pen---7.01

Cheers

Same thing happened to me, luckily I checked with the manual drip solution and caught it but it did cause some damage to my ladies. I need to get a much nicer pH pen my next go around.

Yes there are solutions to buy to check your accuracy. There are cheap at the hydro store. You want a pen that does temperature corrections. Also a nice touch is the auto calibration that my new pen has. You tell it that its going into ph 4 or 7 press the auto button and it will calibrate itself.. Pretty sweet..

They are amazing, i was gonna buy some cheap Chinese blurple junk, until they wouldn't give me a descent discount on a couple panels.... Soooo.. I started researching these diy lights, and i have order almost all my parts.. They absolutely blow away even the best prefabed led panels on the market from blackdog, platinum, advanced and even California lightworks.. Now if you have some electrical knowledge you can slap these together like nothing.. If not you can read, read, read and still will be able to do it without much trouble.. Even if you have no desire or mechanical aptitude, check out timber. Definitely more than building yourself, but much higher quality components than any panel out there and you can very easily change components.. Example- new cob tech comes out next year, very easily you can unclip, unscrew and remount the new chip to your heatsink in minutes and your up and running.. Say you want to give those cobs a little more power, u can easily buy a higher watage driver and swap... Say you want more light, no prob,.. So you buy 2,3,4 more cobs wire them in series with your existing cobs... Like magic they will all work, now at this point you will want to upgrade power supply to drive them harder, but they will work nonetheless and most of the cree, bridgelux and citizens will actually be more efficient at lower wattages.. The mars reflectors i was looking at we're very weak at an actual 50-70 lumens/w. The vero29's i purchased run at 170lms/w.. Chips have 10year warranty, meanwell drivers have 7yr warranty.. Seems like a no brainer... If you want a awsome light and cant diy, check out timber... Exact same stuff as the diy-ers are doin.. If u look around the web you will find people making these back in 2014, and even back then you will read of people beating their hps systems in yield, resin production, denseness, and overall quality.. And we haven't even talked about power savings. And those chips are 3-4 levels behind what is being used today... If you are looking for a new light, do your research.... This way of lighting is way ahead of blurple panels...
Cheers

Hey thanks for your input,I definitely will be ordering the parts to build an LED light.I haven't been this excited for a project in years!Just the upgradability makes it worth it

Okay. I'm all in with my two girls. Auto Purple Haze.

IMG_420811.JPG

The second one popped up last night so they are both ready to roll. Funny.... one seed was quite a bit bigger than the other, and the seedling size totally reflects that. Will be interesting to see how the plant should develop in size keeping this in mind, if I don't kill them. I have four Thai Stick Plants getting ready to go into flower soon, so I have to rig up some other make shift veg room. Thinking about a cab made from a wardrobe box designed for moving your clothes.

Well, this is an awesome thread. Can't wait to see more.

Cheers. :peacetwo:

Hey thanks for your input,I definitely will be ordering the parts to build an LED light.I haven't been this excited for a project in years!Just the upgradability makes it worth it
Absolutely bud... You can always change the position of the cobs on the rails you build as well.. Say u germed up 6 beans and only 4 popped.. Well slide the cobs and heatsinks from the ends closer to the center, screw them in.... Now you'll have huge amounts of par to hammer those 4 little ladies.... Mabe you want to add some far red diodes to your frame with a separate switch... Possibilities are endless..
Cheers
Absolutely bud... You can always change the position of the cobs on the rails you build as well.. Say u germed up 6 beans and only 4 popped.. Well slide the cobs and heatsinks from the ends closer to the center, screw them in.... Now you'll have huge amounts of par to hammer those 4 little ladies.... Mabe you want to add some far red diodes to your frame with a separate switch... Possibilities are endless..
Cheers

Okay. I'm all in with my two girls. Auto Purple Haze.

IMG_420811.JPG

The second one popped up last night so they are both ready to roll. Funny.... one seed was quite a bit bigger than the other, and the seedling size totally reflects that. Will be interesting to see how the plant should develop in size keeping this in mind, if I don't kill them. I have four Thai Stick Plants getting ready to go into flower soon, so I have to rig up some other make shift veg room. Thinking about a cab made from a wardrobe box designed for moving your clothes.

Well, this is an awesome thread. Can't wait to see more.

Cheers. :peacetwo:
I welcome the 3 of you to the auto topping thread. Glad you have your eye set of this strategy, good luck to you and Godspeed to the little ones. Thanks for sharing :Namaste:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

When do you guy's switch from veg nutes to bloom nutes.

After the stretch. The stretch is usually considered part of the veg/preflower cycle. I grow in FFOF so I don't need any veg nutes. When I am giving nutes, which I don't use much anymore, I usually give the first bloom nutes around day 35. I use FF trio and start with a 1/4 dose, then up to full dose a few days later.

Thanks for all the great info.I have never done a full indoor grow with autos,always starting photos inside and then planting outside.I would like to do both this spring,and have a question.I am limited to one tent,and must start both autos and photos in the same tent.If I use the 18/6 light schedule,will my photos go into flower when I put them outside at 15.5 hrs of sunlight? I am assuming they will,and so might have to adjust might light schedule to 15/9 for the first 6 weeks.Please help me with this before I start to listen to the voices in my head!Thanks-Crank

Update on my NL's day 37 I think supposed to be same strain same breeder have totally different phenotype. 4gal pot is on week 2 of flower already Hempy bucket doesn't look like flowering anytime soon? Ah well no worries. Both are healthy as shit so no complaints here.
420-magazine-mobile546858559.jpg
420-magazine-mobile220650180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom