The New Autoflower Topping Thread

Hey dude! Seems like it. I'm assuming you are growing autos too. What strains? how is it going?

It is my first grow in this setup, and first time growing autos.
I grew once before, but that was couple years ago and it was a photo, in much bigger tent.
Anyway... would be good to keep track of eachother, so we can see how our small differences matter!

Your light calculation must have assumed it's a w/m2 not cm2. (otherwise it would be nearly 1kW I would need for my space :p)
actually, it's not square meters you meant either... as that would be below 1W . So you must mean the lenght of the side of the tent, so 60.. (I'm assuming that works only with square shaped tents).

Found this really cool, and quite indepth calculation that I'm sure can be applied to this situation:
CFL: Calculations and Room Design | Rollitup

The only thing is, that limens are not the best way of measuring strenght of LED. in face the watts are not either.
Hey! So the calculation comes from an article I read regarding PAR watts which is based on the amount of photons available for the plant to absorb. Think it's 87w/sq.ft. 2.16/cm2 with 1 feet being 60cm. This value also matches my manufacturers guidelines, it depends on the par output than input/output wattage.

This was my latest setup :)

420-magazine-mobile1148789250.jpg

Here is the article:
What Are PAR Watts? - Sunmaster is proud to publish PAR Watt information

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hydro is 5.5-6.0 and soil is 6.0-6.8 if you follow those guidelines youll be good. And yes youre shooting for the range and not a specific number. That way your plants will take up all the nutes they need.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread
My feed is usually around 6.2-6.4 with a 6.5-6.9 in the runoff. Using soil and distilled water.

Hey dude! Seems like it. I'm assuming you are growing autos too. What strains? how is it going?

It is my first grow in this setup, and first time growing autos.
I grew once before, but that was couple years ago and it was a photo, in much bigger tent.
Anyway... would be good to keep track of eachother, so we can see how our small differences matter!

Your light calculation must have assumed it's a w/m2 not cm2. (otherwise it would be nearly 1kW I would need for my space :p)
actually, it's not square meters you meant either... as that would be below 1W . So you must mean the lenght of the side of the tent, so 60.. (I'm assuming that works only with square shaped tents).

Found this really cool, and quite indepth calculation that I'm sure can be applied to this situation:
CFL: Calculations and Room Design | Rollitup

The only thing is, that limens are not the best way of measuring strenght of LED. in face the watts are not either.
Ah yes now I see your point and you're right! So yes I am calculating the lenght of the tent. So to get the cm2 I guess 360/87=4,13parwatt/cm2

Is it advisable to initiate with a lower ph and raise it throughout the feeds? I havent got at what phase is best for what. Ph perfect products I believe use 5.5 for veg and 6.2 for flower, as you say they're meant for hydroponics so soil is a bit different. Are there any charts to use as reference? Cheers!
420-magazine-mobile1346669843.jpg

Isn't 5.5 - 6.5 standard from veg to flower?

That sounds like a coco medium suggestion. Soil they say 6.0-7.0, but as we all know (or should) different nutes/minerals are available to the plant in different levels at different pH's. Hence why I suggested shooting for a range not a specific pH. What I have noticed with noobs on the forum in their first grows they try to hit a certain pH, like 6.5 fir example, and while thats fine you just aren't unlocking the plants full potential by doing that. Its a common misconception but can be debunked by solid evidence. Happy Growing!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That sounds like a coco medium suggestion. Soil they say 6.0-7.0, but as we all know (or should) different nutes/minerals are available to the plant in different levels at different pH's. Hence why I suggested shooting for a range not a specific pH. What I have noticed with noobs on the forum in their first grows they try to hit a certain pH, like 6.5 fir example, and while thats fine you just aren't unlocking the plants full potential by doing that. Its a common misconception but can be debunked by solid evidence. Happy Growing!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Perfection is imperfect :)

Is it advisable to initiate with a lower ph and raise it throughout the feeds? I havent got at what phase is best for what. Ph perfect products I believe use 5.5 for veg and 6.2 for flower, as you say they're meant for hydroponics so soil is a bit different. Are there any charts to use as reference? Cheers!
420-magazine-mobile1346669843.jpg

Thanks for the charts....I was going to ask if some one had one....:thumb:

And Fingolito...may I add...that is one fine looking bud you got there :passitleft:

With autos id top for sure and some light lst, theres really no time to scrog an auto. Although there may be members out there that have pulled it off.

Like maybe some genius noobs like BC and I? LOL. Here are three White Widow Autos topped, heavily trained, ScrOGed, and heavily defoliated. I've got over 60 bud sites that look promising for decent sized colas. Time will tell.

IMG_006583.JPG

Definitely use this for reference with my next seeds. I was thinking auto white widow, not sure if to go for topping or scrog 2 plants in a 2x2 tent, any thoughts?

Go for it! And be brutal. Whip them, beat them, make them write bad checks. These girls can take it as long as you establish a healthy root system and have your environment variables in order. :)

Back
Top Bottom