The New Autoflower Topping Thread

That's good news, ideal environmental conditions are hard to achieve. Good work zoning in the right levels for these seedlings. The one upfront looks ready for a topping now, back left is only a few days away too. Good luck, thanks for sharing your plants and strategies.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

I think another day or two and I should be able to to get in there to top. It's to tight right now for me to do it without messing up.

That's good news, ideal environmental conditions are hard to achieve. Good work zoning in the right levels for these seedlings. The one upfront looks ready for a topping now, back left is only a few days away too. Good luck, thanks for sharing your plants and strategies.

They are looking great :thumb:

This brings up a good question....I have noticed in my grow and in others that have auto's that they seem to like temps in low 80's...my plants seem to respond better to a tad warmer temps...anyone else???

:circle-of-love:

Hey guys, second post on here. Apologies for breaking up your current topic but has anybody topped a fast buds green crack auto and how did it respond?

Hey guys, second post on here. Apologies for breaking up your current topic but has anybody topped a fast buds green crack auto and how did it respond?

I have not topped a Fast Buds Green Crack...however, I just finished/harvested a Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies, that I topped at the 3rd node, I am guessing 8-10oz of quality trimmed buds =)

She responded very well to the topping. The key to auto topping is the timing, it must be early, at the 3rd or 4th node, and around day 14-21 from germination (depending on the size and stability of the plant at that time).

I'm a little confused on where the 4th node is to top. I assumed the two single leaves that appeared after the two rounded leaves were not considered a node. So when I'm looking to top at the 4th node am I counting the first set of branches that form as the first node or the first two real leaves with no branches as the first node?

toppinFiming1.jpg

Thanks for the pic. From that pic if I understand correctly a node is where branches can form along with a fan leave. So I will not count the first two true leaves on my plant as a node. Hopefully today I can get in there to top. I will try and get a side view pic of the one that's furthest along. The nodes are so tight.

I'll jump in. Here are my 3 CKS NL Autos. Just topped them today. 2 were done at the 3rd node, another at the fourth. All NLs are at day 17.

The smallest seedling is a CKS Jack Herer Auto that is playing catch up.

b793af9289387012519dea9bdf26b9ba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I don't know if this will help, but this is a pic of the topping scar right after I cut this one above the 3rd node. You can see that each stage grows perpendicular to the one before. Knowing this, when you top, you want to leave those that will become the next stage. These will be the small projections that are growing perpendicular to the stage you are cutting. I use toothpicks to push the 2 sets of new leaves out of the way before getting in there and cutting. You want to be very careful to only take what you are aiming at.

61019.JPG

EDIT:

To clarify, the arrows point to the new growth you want to leave.

Capture161.JPG

I have not topped a Fast Buds Green Crack...however, I just finished/harvested a Fast Buds Girl Scout Cookies, that I topped at the 3rd node, I am guessing 8-10oz of quality trimmed buds =)

She responded very well to the topping. The key to auto topping is the timing, it must be early, at the 3rd or 4th node, and around day 14-21 from germination (depending on the size and stability of the plant at that time).
Thanks. We will soon find out.

Welcome to the new posters, glad you've come to join the auto experience. Although there are many sites on the cannaweb, they are not the same as this community. We all miss those who leave us, but it's their choice..

Great looking pics from everyone today, lots of detail for newbies to gleen from. Hope you all have more to come, this thread is only just getting started.

KiG :green_heart:

I have some FBGC beans, so no prob breaking in with a new question/topic. I too would like to know that answer.

Here's a few examples of my latest auto grow. Like I mentioned, I have grown many autos in my journey with 420mag. Each is different, but always a joy to train them the way YOU want.

Before
20161024_150651.jpg

After
20170106_100143.jpg

20170106_100152.jpg

Before
20161024_150705.jpg

After
20170106_100530.jpg

20170106_100539.jpg

Before
20161024_150717.jpg

After
20170106_100800.jpg

20170106_100806.jpg

Edit: I almost forgot to show off my ultimate auto trainee, topped and fluxed to the max. Here's my award winning Leialoha from my second grow...
20160510_2006553.jpg

20160510_1444222.jpg

Wow - those are really amazing! I just started a few seeds and I would like to try this. The seeds I started are OG Kush Auto & Narcotic Kush Auto.

Wow - those are really amazing! I just started a few seeds and I would like to try this. The seeds I started are OG Kush Auto & Narcotic Kush Auto.
Thanks very much Pacificpeach, it's a little bit more effort throughout the grow. But as you can see the results speak for themselves. Good luck with the sprouting, hope you come back to share the process with us. :welcome:

Back
Top Bottom