The Physicist's Indoor Soil Vanilla Frosting

I’m only going to use a tiny bit as I saw emylia used to use the full line up but super low dosage about 1/8 TSP per gallon for a feeding last 2-3 weeks.

Side update on the babies...The Santa Cruz Blue Dream (DJ Shorts Blueberry x Santa Cruz Haze) is taking off! This is one week after I brought her home.
74F19344-F914-425E-BD11-2680908F5FAA.jpeg

She’s doing good, nice job!
Thanks Pennywise! Much appreciated, thank you all for the help along the way!
:Namaste:
Loving this grow tent and exhaust system its always about 63% RH and 85F so I can say at least I am pretty excited with the performance so far.
:ganjamon:

Saw this for first time today on the flowering Vanilla Frosting... purple tips forming on one colas but none others so far and no where else on the plant, genetics say itll have purple tips eventually but I just want to be sure thats what im seeing?
EADDA716-304F-4A07-9308-452C5BD607DB.jpeg
0EE49394-A9C9-4CA3-9027-57FC80A43D5D.jpeg
057F5B46-0830-4BB1-B457-691472F01956.jpeg

Getting close to maturity they will start pulling what they need from the leaves and putting it into the flowers. The leaves then start displaying colors similar to fall colors on trees.

Two days until half way through flowering according to the strain info, getting exciting for sure!

On a side note, how do you determine the right time to harvest? I know there is the cloudy and amber trichromes to look for but I’ve read different amounts of amber bring out different effects or potency. What are your thoughts?

When I first started the guys I was learning from let them go to 25% amber. It was a very heavy high and body effect. Now I prefer mostly cloudy and if I see amber starting on the calyx i chop right then. It gives it a really strong euphoric head high. I still do the 25% amber from time to time for a bedtime med.

Looking good! Some chemovars will express genetic traits like colours or smells sooner than others. If that particular Pheno is starting to produce colours early it could be genetics. I’ve had plants change colour at the very end and some like my Platinum Punch this round which started to change colour on day 26 of flip.

She now looks like this:
(hope you don’t mind the picture!)

Keep an eye on it and how it progresses but from the looks of it I would say it’s natural Phenotypic expressions!

As for a harvest window everyone is different and looking for different effects. As Penny mentioned more ambers will give you a heavier more couchlock effect! I prefer my meds with a stronger body high so I go to about 20% amber on my harvests! Once you chop a plant and find the high your looking for you will find your opportune time for harvest

When I first started the guys I was learning from let them go to 25% amber. It was a very heavy high and body effect. Now I prefer mostly cloudy and if I see amber starting on the calyx i chop right then. It gives it a really strong euphoric head high. I still do the 25% amber from time to time for a bedtime med.
Looking good! Some chemovars will express genetic traits like colours or smells sooner than others. If that particular Pheno is starting to produce colours early it could be genetics. I’ve had plants change colour at the very end and some like my Platinum Punch this round which started to change colour on day 26 of flip.

She now looks like this:
(hope you don’t mind the picture!)

Keep an eye on it and how it progresses but from the looks of it I would say it’s natural Phenotypic expressions!

As for a harvest window everyone is different and looking for different effects. As Penny mentioned more ambers will give you a heavier more couchlock effect! I prefer my meds with a stronger body high so I go to about 20% amber on my harvests! Once you chop a plant and find the high your looking for you will find your opportune time for harvest
Thanks for the info guys much appreciated!! I’m thinking I’ll do my sativas as cloudy then and indicas mostly amber. That seems to follow their natural effects. good luck happy growing!
:Namaste:

Clones are starting to yellow a little bit as we finish day 5. I got some Superthrive and dabbed the kinda moist dry cubes in a solution of 1 Drop per cup. Then did a foliar spray with Fox Farm Flowers Kiss and Superthrive in 5.5 pH water. We shall see. I’ve read thats what most do to combat it when rooting is starting and pulling nutes from the leaves and plant.
3AF14593-BE89-46CD-9E47-A840E13EB564.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom