The Red Cup!

I've been looking at different methods of cloning. G W E dot com has a method for using a bubbler, they say it's the best method. I must say, I'm very impressed with the hydro method as a whole, not just for cloning. It is somewhat intimidating though.

I've been looking at different methods of cloning. G W E dot com has a method for using a bubbler, they say it's the best method. I must say, I'm very impressed with the hydro method as a whole, not just for cloning. It is somewhat intimidating though.

I thought it was intimidating at first too, since I started with dirt, I felt like it gave me a buffer, didn't know much about PH, etc, so was really intimidated by it. But, after dealing with a bit of issue with dirt and having to get a PH meter to correct, I found out using a PH meter is no big deal.

The big difference for me is,,, PH to 5.8 for hydro, 6.5 for soil, and I check the PH of the solution every three days or so,, I like to try and let it drift up from 5.8 to low 6's, so it can get the range of nutes.

What I used to think was daunting (working in water) and a benefit of dirt, (a perceived buffer), now, I realize that with Soil, if you go wrong, PH, nute lock out etc, you need to flush, and monitor for a couple of days to see if you corrected it, with hydro, the results show themselves much quicker.

Leo-- the plant is not showing signs of stress from being bound,, I just see that the roots are almost holding the netpot above the rim of the cup,, lmao. so, root bound in my mind,, but the plant is not showing those root-bound signs yet (discoloring of leaves, stunted growth, etc)

the only hydro I have played with is a dwc style, it seems the easiest to me, no timers, pumps, etc
just a cheapo air pump and air stone will get you going.

get a few air stones,,,, they clog up with the roots and nutes about 6-8 weeks in, and will need replacing.

also, I have not had any root rot issues :wood: I think mainly because I am using a small res, and change it out once a week, replacing about a third of it a day due to the plants usage (adding a gal a day of RO water to a 3 gal bucket), there isnt time for root rot to set in (hopefully). I know my temps are the same as the tent, so 80+ degrees, which by what I read should be horrible...

So ive been thinking about what im gonna do for my flip/ flower box. Id settled on a wardrobe box buu of course the storage places were either out or nobody was there today. Then on my way home there she was on the corner lookin oh so perfect! I had to stop. I picked her up and i thought she was gonna fall apart. I threw her in the bed and stabbed the pedal. Im ready to go!!
420-magazine-mobile440938976.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1840963619.jpg
420-magazine-mobile963848229.jpg

Friday??!?! that's even better!!!! lol.

Love the little box too. I got the 6in ducting with a black inner lining off amazon, does great at making light traps,,,

I think im gonna get a 'Y' pipe and run some ducting into the 'CUBE.' That should pull plenty. Gotta build a couple of light traps for in take.

Um.. That's just crazy! Never did I expect to make it to the end of this thread never mind see that result. :thumb:

Hang on to your hat, the fun part is just beginning! Mines the runt and she's got a long way to go!!!

I did see your baby. May she florish! All mine are in between those two stages so not only am in following for kicks but information also.

I'm considering making this a permanent addition to my garden. To always have at least one going. Keeps me in both modes veg and flower. Gotta keep those thinkin skills sharp!

Hi all...been away for a family crisis so growing had to take a seat right at the back for a while.
So I've caught up with the thread and I'm amazed by you guys and your ability to adapt
Here's becky still looking healthy but growth has all but stopped.
420-magazine-mobile1969061848.jpg

Been blown away by Boom and that tree that's growing lol

Back
Top Bottom