lol, OK so you seem a little upset. Sorry for the misrepresentation :)

Perfect!!

Yes you can! The controller does have a timer setting as HH mentioned but it's use is for another purpose. The High Alarm settings are the ones that will do the trick for your application. You set your fan to run at low speed and when the RH reaches the High Alarm set point the fan starts to ramp up to maximum speed regardless of your settings. Once the RH goes below the High Alarm set point the fan resumes your low set speed.
:thanks: You saying that, or typing it I suppose, is reminding me that I think I tried something very much like that when i first got it but had a few nightmares with the alarm actually making very loud beeps at me at strange times of the day and night and I couldn’t control that at the time so I just ditched the programmer and monitored it manually - which I can kind of do as I’m here most of the time but still, it would be nice if it was auto.

From what you say there, though, I’m guessing there might be a way of asking it nicely to please not make a sound when it reaches its High Alarm set point, which would be pretty good, am i right?

I have half a mind generally which would make it more like a quarter for this experiment. Imagine what I could do with more mind!
Mind boggling isn't it?
not make a sound when it reaches its High Alarm set point, which would be pretty good, am i right?
I will do a test shortly. I have never used the alarm feature so let me see what it does or doesn't do with the beeping.

wow - I’m glad i sent my friend there 2 weeks ago to buy a T4 and said “just buy it now”! It arrived very quickly to Aus :thumb:

ANd thankyou for the tips about the controller for RH - I think that’s why i didnt end up using ot before, because I wasn’t sure about that part (the stability of other controls). My 3x3 tent is in a large room (about 24’ x 8’, give or take). I keep the room controlled for temp with a split system aircon and the RH in the room is always less than the RH in the tent because the aircon dries it out, so I’ve no need for a dehuey in the tent (and the aircon can dehuey the room if i need it too). I’m going to look at the controller programming again. WHat I’d really like it for t ot be on all the time low, and crank up a bit when the lights go out to help combat the spike that happens. But i don't think i can program that. :)

Anyone got particular advice about carbon filters? I need a new one and would rather buy one that is going to last a few years, rather than a cheap one that has to be replaced regularly (oh the landfill!)

I’m actually trying to find a carbon filter w 4” connection that is the longer style - I can only find the short fat ones for that size...
On the carbon filter I drill out the rivets and refill with charcoal for aquariums then put in new rivets. had mine over 18 years .

On the carbon filter

Awesome thanks drift! Is there a particular brand you’d recommend to start with? Or can you do it with any of them.

I will do a test shortly. I have never used the alarm feature so let me see what it does or doesn't do with the beeping.
:thanks: save me looking it up and trying to decipher, that’s really something :D

save me looking it up and trying to decipher, that’s really something
OK so that's annoying! Ya the beep is there and I can't find anyway to keep it from going off. I'll open the controller one day and see where that liitle noise maker comes from. A little snip of a wire may clear that up.

You had me worried. I thought that you may have been dying or something.
Sorry but you have been diagnosed with the terrible and incurable Saugasitis. The condition in which your head is sucked up your anus and comes back out of your mouth....slowly
I had a similar reaction.
Then I went into a shame spiral.
I'm less trusting now as a result.

Aww, you can trust me. Did you know that you can't crack thin ice if you run as fast as you can across it? Truth.
Thanks Sauga. What would I do without.....hey wait!

You're doing it again!

Run even faster and you could “walk on water” lol follow the Jesus Lizards example ;)
I try, but when I get up to speed I run out of breath and go right under. I'll get it one day I hope, but now with the gym's closed I may never accomplish that feat.

So what's going on with your controller?? Beeping??
I'm supposed to install mine todayish.
Isn't there a way to disable the alarm??
Doesn't seem stealthy if it beeps.

So what's going on with your controller?? Beeping??
I'm supposed to install mine todayish.
Isn't there a way to disable the alarm??
Doesn't seem stealthy if it beeps.
The alarms are the only settings that create the beep. Most applications you won't use the alarms so you'll never hear them. In Amy's case she wants to run her fan on low all the time which means she has to be in the 'On' mode. When the RH spiked when the lights were off she wanted the fans to ramp up and remove the excess RH.
By using the Alarm feature this works, but there's a Beep sound(once every few seconds) that alerts you to the Alarm. It makes sense to hear it but you should have the option to disable the sound which you don't.

The alarms are the only settings that create the beep. Most applications you won't use the alarms so you'll never hear them. In Amy's case she wants to run her fan on low all the time which means she has to be in the 'On' mode. When the RH spiked when the lights were off she wanted the fans to ramp up and remove the excess RH.
By using the Alarm feature this works, but there's a Beep sound(once every few seconds) that alerts you to the Alarm. It makes sense to hear it, but you should have the option to disable the sound, which you can't.
Hmmmm....that sucks.
Manual for me then.

Back
Top Bottom