The VipersNest Continuous

Pit Viper....got a question.....why the interest in all the numbers/math info? Are you ciphering for a room set up size, checking out effeciency, or something else? I ask because I figured you had all this info down pat.

The difference between "good enough" and truly great is that the former sooner or later achieves a point where they stop trying to improve - and therefore stop improving, while the latter never stops learning and never stops trying to improve.

I've always thought PitViper to be in the latter category (along with many others). One reason I'm not a fan of several of the talking heads that have regular monthly columns in certain publications is that much of what they do is just to regurgitate the same things that they've been stating for 20, 30, or more years (and riding the reputation that they got from that time). Sure, much of that information is still valid, but not all of it is and if they're going to accept a buck for "helping" people then they have a moral obligation to remain as current as humanly possible while doing so. I wouldn't go to a doctor that hasn't opened a medical journal, read any research, etc. since the early 80s.

PitViper said:
I hadno idea...thats what I get for doin my thang..will never stop..will NEVER go to another forum...this is my home

OBXGardener said:
I sure hope you don't!

You are the best original content provider we have... no other site will get our Pit! :cheer:

I love reading much of the news from the various aspects of the cannabis world - the medical, the industrial, the legal, the cultural, etc. And I appreciate the work that people do in finding such information at other sites and bringing it here in one place so I do not have to do so much "journeying" myself.

But it's the ORIGINAL content that makes this site unique. Both the editorials (be they "official" stuff from a staff member or simply the level of free discussion by our members in the threads) and the grow journals. I know that other sites have their own version but I must state that there seems to be a level of (generally) civil discussion and honesty here that I've not seen at many sites.

Here's to you all - and PitViper in particular!

The difference between "good enough" and truly great is that the former sooner or later achieves a point where they stop trying to improve - and therefore stop improving, while the latter never stops learning and never stops trying to improve.

I've always thought PitViper to be in the latter category (along with many others). One reason I'm not a fan of several of the talking heads that have regular monthly columns in certain publications is that much of what they do is just to regurgitate the same things that they've been stating for 20, 30, or more years (and riding the reputation that they got from that time). Sure, much of that information is still valid, but not all of it is and if they're going to accept a buck for "helping" people then they have a moral obligation to remain as current as humanly possible while doing so. I wouldn't go to a doctor that hasn't opened a medical journal, read any research, etc. since the early 80s.

I love reading much of the news from the various aspects of the cannabis world - the medical, the industrial, the legal, the cultural, etc. And I appreciate the work that people do in finding such information at other sites and bringing it here in one place so I do not have to do so much "journeying" myself.

But it's the ORIGINAL content that makes this site unique. Both the editorials (be they "official" stuff from a staff member or simply the level of free discussion by our members in the threads) and the grow journals. I know that other sites have their own version but I must state that there seems to be a level of (generally) civil discussion and honesty here that I've not seen at many sites.

Here's to you all - and PitViper in particular!

thats deep...but I agree with you. There are sheeple and then there are shepards....I try to be a shephard...if that make sense
thanx for the kind words TS!!!!!!!!:cheer::cheer:

You really want to order seeds from a bank who's servers are plainly located in the United States? I know, I know, plenty of growers in this country are legal under their state's med-laws. But the whole thing is complicated. Plus, it seems kind of greasy for such a site to so locate.

EDIT: That doesn't appear to be a site sponsor (thank goodness) so I don't know how long your post will remain. Which leads me to wonder, should we have a sticky thread somewhere listing seedbanks who have their sites located within the boundries of the federal jurisdiction with some sort of big red danger banner?

that God Bud is the shit, such fire.
that Pineapple Chunk looks like some good dank also. both are gonna be some fire. dude i wish we could swap buds i think you would love my (XJ-13) Jack Here x G13. that shit is a bomb ass strain also. so much resin its crazy, i need to get a better camera. it would be sweet to rip some of our bomb ass bud from the bong.

cant wait to see those seed grow.:popcorn:

You really want to order seeds from a bank who's servers are plainly located in the United States? I know, I know, plenty of growers in this country are legal under their state's med-laws. But the whole thing is complicated. Plus, it seems kind of greasy for such a site to so locate.

EDIT: That doesn't appear to be a site sponsor (thank goodness) so I don't know how long your post will remain. Which leads me to wonder, should we have a sticky thread somewhere listing seedbanks who have their sites located within the boundries of the federal jurisdiction with some sort of big red danger banner?

thats a good point....

Ive grown BC Godbud...that was that 8.75 OZ monster. Barnys is my favorite right now. And Im getting that Pineapple Chunk....650g sq/met wow...1.1 CBD 25% THC...wow wow wow wowow wow. it will be Attitude or sensible.

those two above strains sound very nice.

have you ever grown PPP?

is PPP Pure Power Plant? never had it but it sounds great...do you recomend it? any tips?

yep, Pure Power Plant

shoot, I was hoping you had grown it and might have some tips for me ;)

I've read some good reports but not from anyone I know. I want to grow a sativa next and it sounds like a great choice for an indoor sativa.

The description on that strain database warned about it being sensitive to nutes in veg, so I thought I'd see if you had any experience with it.

it's a commercial strain, so I should be able to dig something up.

thanks bro

I cant wait to grow the Pinepple Chunk...it just sounds sick...and I trust Barneys big time.......Ill order some PPP when I do the others. OGD grew it and it kicked ass. I can get the skinny on the strain from him

next seed purchases are Barneys Pineapple Chunk and BC Godbud

I saw the BC God Bud in an e-mail and was impressed. As for the Pineapple Chunk I am told it is a BEAST!
I will be watching from the sidelines and pulling for you brother. To say you have grown some great meds is an understatement as anybody that reads can see. Looking forward to watching a master at work.

I put out 4 Kiwis in our prepared holes today....about 10-12" high.....not much to see...Ill wait a couple weeks before showing pics...wish us luck

Pit Viper....(or anyone out there who knows the answer....pit may be rolling in the dirt right now...which I totally support.

gotta question or three. If any of you can help...cool. It has to be somewhere between pages 1 and where we are at now. Looked...no find.

1. do you dark out your plants that are going into flower to give a strong "flower time ladies" signal. (from the recent posts....i assume you do)

2. do you alter the nutrient times/strength/etc. Is it before/during this initial dark cycle that you change the nutes to flower? Do you alter the strength b/c of the dark time.

3. Is there anything that changes (except for there being no light) for this time period)?

Yup questions only someone on the edge that first flower experience could ask.

BTW...not sure it matters...all plants being placed into flower are approx 12 to 18" in height. All the same genetics. Ebb and flow table.

love to you all.

Thank you.

before going 12/12 I drain and refill with plain water and then shut the lights down for 30 hrs
after 30 hrs I drain and refill again and nute to 600 (plus whatever is in my water, my well is 225 ppm. I do not factor that in)
I then follow the feeding schedule that is listed in my signature.
thats how I do it....you can do it many ways but after 8 cycles Ive got it tuned to my liking

Back
Top Bottom