TheDude1337 First Grow In Soil: 5 Strains

Looking good bro!! I had the same problem with where I was drying. So I took the entertainment stand in our bedroom and converted it into my new dry room. Mrs.Scout didn't even notice the 5zips hanging in there until I showed her.

It’s such a simple process. I have my fridge set at right around 40° and I don’t even bother checking the humidity anymore since I went to using bags.

2-3 weeks in the fridge, reaching in about 2 times a week to bounce them free of each other and you end up with excellent buds that’ll taste better than ever once they’ve cured.

This is my preferred drying method. It makes an oil that comes very close in quality to fresh harvest oil.

I try to limit each lunch bag to 28 grams of bud. It dries better this way IMO, and for every four bags wet I know I’ll get an ounce dry.

It’s such a simple process. I have my fridge set at right around 40° and I don’t even bother checking the humidity anymore since I went to using bags.

2-3 weeks in the fridge, reaching in about 2 times a week to bounce them free of each other and you end up with excellent buds that’ll taste better than ever once they’ve cured.

This is my preferred drying method. It makes an oil that comes very close in quality to fresh harvest oil.

I try to limit each lunch bag to 28 grams of bud. It dries better this way IMO, and for every four bags wet I know I’ll get an ounce dry.

LMAO... but you got a good idea there... Thanks for the tip...

Day 69 Update
Thank you for the tips, i'll either be doing the low and slow method, or building a drying box and hanging it in my tent. I haven't decided yet. I might even do a combination of both. I have a friend coming down from Ontario early next month and I'd like to send him home with a parting gift if I could since he also has a medical license. He actually gave me the doctors name to get one. My White Widow has some new spotting on her again, I'm going to let the root zone dry out because I saturated it this time around. Once it has dried out, I think i'll be adding some nitrogen to her next feed to see if that helps.

Pineapple Kush
DSC_0157.JPG
White Widow
DSC_0158.JPG
Euphoria
DSC_0162.JPG
Critical
DSC_0161.JPG
Amnesia Auto
DSC_0156.JPG DSC_0155.JPG

I've never up potted during flower always do it right before. I'm sure it can be done but may cause her to herm on you.

I thought the flush would help, but she has only gotten worse. The planter she is in right now has a plastic lining and I don't think any air is really getting into the root zone. I have an extra fabric pot that has a hole in it. I didn't use it because I was worried about the bottom falling out, but I'm starting to worry about possible root rot from a lack of air.

I took a couple of close up of what the top leaves are doing (this is showing only at the tops right now). I know the PH was off, but I really feel like this is being caused by the actual planter I have it in. The planter seems to hold water and it a soggy mess compared to the other planters. I think the best option would be to replant her. I just think that 4 weeks into flip is too late for that.

I'll monitor her for now (do nothing) and see if the flush helped after more than 24 hours. My current plan of action is to let her dry out and give her a half feeding of the grow nutrients I was using in vegetation with calmag in it.

DSC_0164.JPG DSC_0165.JPG

The pot needs drainage.... You ll have a build up nutes if you dont... Stick a nail through a board.. Flip it upside down on the ground and push the plant down on it to make holes.. You wont hurt the plant that way... However... if you only have a week or so to go... i wouldnt worry...

Day 70 Update
The Critical and Euphoria plants are looking great. The Pineapple Kush looks like she might not be a high yielding plant, but that is alright. I'm not after a large quantity here, I really have little intention on ever smoke that much. Though it will be nice to have some to give away to friends in October when it officially becomes legal. The White Widow is starting to look like she is dieing. After comparing pictures of the plants issues with other plants, it looks like either a phosphorus toxicity or fungus gnats. I'll be re-homing her later today to a new pot. Worst case she hermies out and I kill her. Best case she becomes a happy mature lady with bud.

Pineapple Kush
DSC_0173.JPG
White Widow
DSC_0176.JPG
Euphoria
DSC_0180.JPG
Critical
DSC_0178.JPG
Amnesia Auto
DSC_0171.JPG DSC_0170.JPG DSC_0169.JPG

I just finished moving the White Widow to her new home. The new pot is slightly large than the old one and it made it very easy to do. I didn't take pictures, but I will break it down in case it was successful and people want to try it in the future; or learn what not to do in the case that it does nothing. I feel pretty good about the move, the old planter had clear signs of mold forming on the inner bottom of the planter.

Step 1
Ensure the soil is wet (this wasn't a problem for me, as the soil was not getting any air and was very moist). Also ensure your new pot is slightly larger than your old pot.

Step 2
I used a stitch remover to remove about half of the stitching around the bottom of the new pot.

Step 3
I used a sharp knife to remove the bottom of the old pot. I cut all around it but I did not remove the bottom. I left it sitting down while doing this. This would ensure that no soil would be disturbed while transplanting.

Step 4
I put the old pot with the bottom still in place into the new pot.

Step 5
I pulled the fully cut bottom out of the bottom of the new pot. It slid right out. Only a couple of specs of dirt on the bottom.

Step 6
I started a cut in the top of the old pot going vertically. I then pulled up on it. About every inch I slid it up, I would take my scissors and cut further down the old plant. It slid of like a sleeve.

Step 7
I took some staples and closed off the hold I created in the new pot in step 1

Step 8
I then added some fresh soil around the outer edge of the plant to fully fill in the extra space.

Hopefully by not disturbing the root zone at all the plant won't notice she is in a new planter.

The good thing is the WW is very hearty and will take lots of stress before she quits on you. By the sounds of what you seen in the old pot you did the right thing.

Day 71 Update
The White Widow is looking to be in bad shape. The bud tops are starting to turn an unnatural colour of brown and the leaves on the top are in terrible shape. I will feed the plants today and that is about it. The White Widow won't be getting anything today as she is still very wet, the other girls will be getting their normal feed.

Pineapple Kush
DSC_0184.JPG DSC_0187.JPG
White Widow
DSC_0190.JPG
Euphoria
DSC_0191.JPG
Critical
DSC_0189.JPG DSC_0188.JPG
Amnesia Auto

DSC_0182.JPG

Back
Top Bottom