Third Times A Charm They Say

Re: Third Times A Charm They Say........

Hi mate,
Just wonderin if you know much about c99's growth carachteristics?? Im growing a C99x PR atm, and its an LST, she s going well but im hoping to LST her to 5ft at least final height if she s capable..
An info appreciated!! GOODLUCK AND Hope you get some nice buds soon enuf!
Catch ya, Smokemup;)

Not much. Except to say they're supposed to be pretty stable and bring big pinecone shaped fruity hazy donkey dicks! :) while I was researching the Drizella, one of the things that appealed, aside from the potentially large yield, high thc and fast finish fir a sativa dom, was that the c99/ww mom supposedly made it pretty hard to fuck up. :)

The Dynasty seeds guy has a couple photos up of the Drizella test run. Pheno #1 has most of the c99 characteristics I believe. It gets lots of branching and can grow 5ft no prob it seems. Not sure which pheno of the 4 that come out it was, but one pic had a Driz with a tree trunk ( literally!) sized stem. I dream about that girl. :)

Here's a description of the pineapple Cinderella.
Sorry about so many posts, but you got me all excited. ;)

"The infamous squinty eyed pineapple high flyer is a favorite to many. I have taken the Pineapple phenotype and separated it to ensure more pineapple types show up and the results were excellent. This line has never been out-crossed and has been bred down from the orig pack sold by Bros Grimm. Growing and smoking this line you will find it 100% accurate to what Mr.Soul wrote about her in all respects and traits.

She loves to stretch her legs out and really enjoys root space. I recommend a 6 week veg time to get the most out of yield for seed plants. Does well topped or in a SoG/SCRoG, and loves light.

The smells will fill your room with heavy scents of pineapple, sour and rotten fruits. The stench is not skunky but very powerful especially in the last 2-3 weeks of flowering, i actually get nauseous when trimming these. The high is very up and in your face with jitters and general stupidity, not for the faint of heart or hardcore couch lock fans."

Kay, Seems they won't let me post a link - Best bet mate is to goto Google.com - Type In chapter 4 The space Weed farmer - Should be the first result for you bro - Just did it myself. :)

Shiizz - That's for you my friend if i hadn't already got it to you sooner - Just woke up and feeling quite Dazed still - brews up, Smoke - The tutorial might be able to help you a little aswell specially because it teaches quite a few methods of LST'ing and you might make up your own idea from that.

Fluffy Haze said:
Good luck Korloin...I'm particularly rooting for Squiggy because of the cool name! Will keep a good eye out.

Thanks Fluff!!

She (I hope) is doing real good. A lil' bit behind Driz and the Kush. But they're all showing their 2nd set of true leaves now! Squibs just happen to be a bit nubbier than the rest. :)

@Outspoken thanks so much man, yeah I think I remember reading that links have to be within the 420magazine site....no worries and the info is fantastic plus reps man thank you all so much journal will be up tonight and I will add a link in my sig.

:peace:

Got my passive intake cut for the upper light chamber tonight. And the support pieces for the glass installed. Decided on 8 1/2" from the ceiling for the glass due to the way I built this thing in the first place. Wasn't thinking forward at the time. Now I just have to work with it. The wife would totally freak if I decided to build it fresh. :) Still trying to figure out where to place the fans. If on the ceiling, they would have to be at least 5" from the back wall (once again, due to poor planning in the original build). If I put them on the wall opposite the intake, I should probably get enough air moving across the lamp that the heat rising would still be pulled out I think. The fans are 80cfm each and the area would be less than 3cf I believe. Just not sure what the fans are rated for pressure, or if that would really matter.

Tomorrow are the babes 1st week bday out of the soil. :) Everyone is looking pretty good. Squiggy has almost caught up to Driz. The Kush twins are still strokin'. And the Drizella bean I popped into a peat pot when I wasn't sure about Squigg's future broke ground this morning. I'm gonna have to throw them all into flower pretty quick I think. 5 potential girls in my small box will eat up space pretty quick I'm sure!
I'll post pics tomorrow. Got to drive a couple more screws and get to bed. 7am comes pretty quick. :)

Got my passive intake cut for the upper light chamber tonight. And the support pieces for the glass installed. Decided on 8 1/2" from the ceiling for the glass due to the way I built this thing in the first place. Wasn't thinking forward at the time. Now I just have to work with it. The wife would totally freak if I decided to build it fresh. :) Still trying to figure out where to place the fans. If on the ceiling, they would have to be at least 5" from the back wall (once again, due to poor planning in the original build). If I put them on the wall opposite the intake, I should probably get enough air moving across the lamp that the heat rising would still be pulled out I think. The fans are 80cfm each and the area would be less than 3cf I believe. Just not sure what the fans are rated for pressure, or if that would really matter.

Tomorrow are the babes 1st week bday out of the soil. :) Everyone is looking pretty good. Squiggy has almost caught up to Driz. The Kush twins are still strokin'. And the Drizella bean I popped into a peat pot when I wasn't sure about Squigg's future broke ground this morning. I'm gonna have to throw them all into flower pretty quick I think. 5 potential girls in my small box will eat up space pretty quick I'm sure!
I'll post pics tomorrow. Got to drive a couple more screws and get to bed. 7am comes pretty quick. :)

How exciting :)

Yes intake is important I am still trying to figure out where to put my passive intake.....temps are a pain in the arse and my room is on the front side of the house. My temps are swinging wildly......frustrating

:peace:

Hello looking forward to seeing this one looking at the Cindy99 as one of my next crops have 9 black cherry soda and one platinum purple kush under a 600w hps . Look forward to the next update. Will update mine tonight after work.

Heirloom said:
Remember that heat rises. So the coolest air available is going to be low. Put your intakes low, exhaust high. That forces flow up through the chamber and helps fight areas of no air movement.

Thanks Heirloom!
So I should put them above the lamp? Probably as close the opposite side of the intake as possible to get as much air as I can to move across it?

Thanks Heirloom!
So I should put them above the lamp? Probably as close the opposite side of the intake as possible to get as much air as I can to move across it?

Have you got any pics Korloin? Might make it easier to see where the best place would be.

And referring to a post on the previous page...I hear ya about the scrabbling around to get the £ together for the build. I've flogged as much as I possibly can on Ebay to do this, and with me losing my job as well I've sold even more so I can actually buy some to see me through until the grow comes to fruition. Hence I am tense about it working out OK first time round.

Needs must though I guess, and it has certainly made me more appreciative already of the grow so will definitely be treating it with more respect and care. I definitely won't be complacent or take it for granted!

Very good guys, I hope both grows go well, and produce some quality bud for you . As far as exhaust they have it nailed hot air out on top and cool air in on the bottom. My light I can hook up an exhaust fan to , so I vent the whole cabinet through the light and my tent isn't really all the way shut right now , but the plants are doing good. Got any pics of your grow so far?

Have you got any pics Korloin? Might make it easier to see where the best place would be.

And referring to a post on the previous page...I hear ya about the scrabbling around to get the £ together for the build. I've flogged as much as I possibly can on Ebay to do this, and with me losing my job as well I've sold even more so I can actually buy some to see me through until the grow comes to fruition. Hence I am tense about it working out OK first time round.

Needs must though I guess, and it has certainly made me more appreciative already of the grow so will definitely be treating it with more respect and care. I definitely won't be complacent or take it for granted!

Sorry about your job Fluff.:yikes:
That SUCKS!!

My disposable income has dwindled significantly the last year too. We moved into a larger place to help out family and so my lil' girl could grow up in a real house. The family member wound up screwing us over and saddled with a 1/3 increase in living expenses. So I can't really afford to grab a sack from the locals when I'm getting edgy, without catching all kinds of hell from the Mrs. This is my compromise. Til' I harvest, I'll be relying on pals and acquaintances to smoke me up when I'm out playing a gig. But hey, life throws shit at you and you either duck or make some compost!:biglaugh: It's gonna be worth it in the long run. Everyday I'm adding new skill to my repertoire! And I'll be good to go for a while soon enough. Gotta keep the chin up and stay positive, right! Things always turn back around.:winkyface:

Moving along from the downer, :) IT"S THE BABES FIRST WEEK BIRTHDAY!!:party:

PHOTOS!!

Squiggy 1week

Squiggy11.jpg

Squiggy21.jpg

Driz 1week

Driz1.jpg

Driz2.jpg

The Kush Twins 1week

Kush1a.jpg

Kush25.jpg

Upgraded temporary housing

TemporaryHousingUpgraded.jpg

L-R: Squiggy, Kush2, NubBert (1day old), Kush1, Driz

...and on to the progress of the rebuild

My fans
fans_ballast.jpg

Looking through the passive intake for the light chamber

lampchamberopposite.jpg

Birdseye of the growing chamber

TopDown1.jpg

Birdseye of the lamp chamber

NoRoof.jpg

Passive intake for the Lamp Chamber

IntakeOuterWall.jpg

So this is what I'm working with now.
The glass will be nestled upon the 2x4s and sealed so the lamp may radiate its Glory upon the grow chamber.
Right now there is a passive intake cut ffor the grow chamber on the bottom of the wall opposite the one for the lamp chamber. I'm thinking of putting the grow exhaust fans above it and beneath the glass (obviously ;)). That way there's less risk of bringing moist air to the lamp. But I'm concerned the air won't circulate. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance! You guys (and gal!! :)) are awesome!

Very good guys, I hope both grows go well, and produce some quality bud for you . As far as exhaust they have it nailed hot air out on top and cool air in on the bottom. My light I can hook up an exhaust fan to , so I vent the whole cabinet through the light and my tent isn't really all the way shut right now , but the plants are doing good. Got any pics of your grow so far?

Hey OG! Thanks for stopping by!! I'm trying a different tact than the fan cooled hood. Creating a chamber for the lamp, which will be static. This way I figure I can have more control by isolating the lamp and grow areas and potentiate using more light with less heat. The box is 2'x2' (or 25"wX 26"deep to be more precise) and rises 48". I've got a 400w dim-able balast and hope to throw more than just the 250w setting. I was going to put the 2 80cfm fans in the lamp chamber (probably on the ceiling on the far side opposite the intake) and the 2 - 65cfm and 1 60cfm fans in the grow chamber with a 12" DIY cabon filter (which I'm in the process of putting together :)). Any input you can give is certainly appreciated! :thumb:

Wow Korloin, I love your DIY build. It's great!! I just did it the easy way and bought a wardrobe so props to you for this. :goodjob:

I hope someone with more experience than me will be able to help you with the ventilation/fan issue. Unless its a simple box with air in at bottom and air out at top I'm confused. I love what you are aiming for and am really looking forward to seeing how it develops.

The girls are cuties! I'm a bit taken with Squiggy :love:

For the carbon filter...have you got all your plans? I did find a couple of good threads on it. Hope it's OK me putting it here in case it will be useful for someone else if not you?

8" Carbon Scrubber with Lasco exhaust
DIY Can-Filter

Thanks Fluffy!!

Put any links you think are relevant! This journal should also serve as a conduit for information as well as for me to document and improve my grow. I learned almost everything from other peoples journals and the fewer places I had to jump to the easier it was for me to gather technique info. :)

I researched the DIY Carbon filter pretty extensively too. They all seem to utilize a similar foundation. I am contemplating a redesign or at least a modification on the template. Since I have such a small room, I'd like to occupy as little of the lights footprint as possible. So I'm trying to figure out how to make one that sits flush under one of my glass supports without losing efficacy. I'm wondering if I can somehow make a 4" rectangular filter that I can bolt to the back wall.

Back
Top Bottom