Timing the cationic drench

Here's a couple of better pics... I took that same flashlight and took
The front lens bezel off... added a small piece of wax paper... put it back on and took pics that way. Much better lighting.
420-magazine-mobile1807038908.jpg
420-magazine-mobile986432517.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2137521555.jpg

Edit: though they all appear to be from the same branch. oops

Just did the second Cat last night, definitely bulking up... and getting more frosty... not as frosty as id like but hopefully that will come. The biggest difference is the smell.... Damn they smell so good. Not sure how many of you guys have smelled and tasted the Wonder Woman... She has the most wonderful smell, very hard to describe and Im terrible at that sort of thing but its been my favorite strain for a couple years now. They smell more incredible than usual for sure. If I can get some good pics later, I will post them. Also, when I do the Drenches now, I always make sure my water is around 80°-85°, they seem to really like that. I had to water a couple days sooner this week than normal. Seems they are running pretty well.

Hey guys, looking for some cat drench advice. I have two slurricanes about 30ish days into flower, I'm a dummy and forgot to note the date. I'm thinking they're ready for the cat, what do you all think? Btw they are different phenols, not sure if that makes a difference.

First one:
420-magazine-mobile1602185121.jpg

Second one:
420-magazine-mobile240019847.jpg

Hey guys, looking for some cat drench advice. I have two slurricanes about 30ish days into flower, I'm a dummy and forgot to note the date. I'm thinking they're ready for the cat, what do you all think? Btw they are different phenols, not sure if that makes a difference.

First one:
420-magazine-mobile1602185121.jpg

Second one:
420-magazine-mobile240019847.jpg

By those pics, I'd say they are ready... But I'm pretty new to this. Id wait and see what the experts say!

Edit: also may want to see about correcting that slight yellowing going on... unless it's just the pics...

By those pics, I’d say they are ready... But I’m pretty new to this. Id wait and see what the experts say!

Edit: also may want to see about correcting that slight yellowing going on... unless it’s just the pics...

Yup, ready for cat. Could the yellowing be mid blood fade? Did you add recharge and EWC? What run soil are you on?

By those pics, I'd say they are ready... But I'm pretty new to this. Id wait and see what the experts say!

Edit: also may want to see about correcting that slight yellowing going on... unless it's just the pics...

Yup, ready for cat. Could the yellowing be mid blood fade? Did you add recharge and EWC? What run soil are you on?

Also was Transplant used during Veg, only ask since I missed that on my last run

First run soil, thoroughly mixed and cooked . Added recharge on the watering before last, the last watering was a GE drench in anticipation of the CAT drench. Not sure about the yellowing, my environment has not been ideal, temps range from 66-85ish depending on the day. And humidity has been low in my area. It also could've been my 600w hid about 18 inches away, so I raised it up a bit. And on top of all that I let them dry out to the point of wilting one time about 20 days into flower. My grow space is a work in progress as I just moved into a new house. I'm hoping the next grow goes better once I get things dialed in

You're good to go, Drogon. :thumb:

In fact, you're a bit late, I'd say. I usually Cat later than most, and this is about the stage I hit them.

Thank you sir, I'm hoping the late timing won't create issues?

I doubt it. Basically, it's a timing thing. You need enough time for the 2 Cats, a water, and a couple GE/water cycles before the chop. For fast strains, that may not leave a lot of room. You're 30 days into bloom? So ... 30-40 days to go. That should be plenty.

The rule of thumb is that Cat drench in the early part of the window promotes denser buds and a faster finish. A late Cat can get better yield with the 10-12 week strains.

Be prepared to see some fast fading after the Cats, though. Yours look a little weak and you don't have much time to fix it first. But I had a lot of fade in my grows and learned not to be too concerned by it. The final product is usually better than good. It just makes me want to be a better grower. :cheesygrinsmiley: The nice part about a late Cat is watching the way the calyxes swell on those big buds. :slide:

I doubt it. Basically, it's a timing thing. You need enough time for the 2 Cats, a water, and a couple GE/water cycles before the chop. For fast strains, that may not leave a lot of room. You're 30 days into bloom? So ... 30-40 days to go. That should be plenty.

The rule of thumb is that Cat drench in the early part of the window promotes denser buds and a faster finish. A late Cat can get better yield with the 10-12 week strains.

Be prepared to see some fast fading after the Cats, though. Yours look a little weak and you don't have much time to fix it first. But I had a lot of fade in my grows and learned not to be too concerned by it. The final product is usually better than good. It just makes me want to be a better grower. :cheesygrinsmiley: The nice part about a late Cat is watching the way the calyxes swell on those big buds. :slide:

What Graytail said.
I used to be so gung ho to apply the cat drench early.
I averaged around day 19 thru day 24.

As a result, my leafs would go start looking funky.
This round I am pushing the CD out to week 5/6.

Pics below were day 37.
Strain is Platinum Gorilla by In House Genetics.

IMG_20180103_135107.jpg
IMG_20180103_135130.jpg
IMG_20180101_132950.jpg

What Graytail said.
I used to be so gung ho to apply the cat drench early.
I averaged around day 19 thru day 24.

As a result, my leafs would go start looking funky.
This round I am pushing the CD out to week 5/6.

Pics below were day 37.
Strain is Platinum Gorilla by In House Genetics.

IMG_20180103_135107.jpg
IMG_20180103_135130.jpg
IMG_20180101_132950.jpg

Beautiful lady there Stage...
I was thinking the same last time I used the Cat drench. It did seem my leaves looked worse in the days after. Think I'll take a page from your book and wait it out this time.

High and peace all.
Shout out to @Graytail.
I believe I will continue to push the cat drench out further as these results are closer to what I am looking for.
One week post cat drench (day 37) two days after 1st watering.

pg_bud_shot_closeup_2.jpg

High and good evening.
Here are a couple of pics at 2 weeks post CD.
Strain is Platinum Gorilla by In House Genetics @ flip 51
Frosty_bud_shot.jpg

More_bud_shots.jpg
Frosty_PG_buds.jpg

Back
Top Bottom