Toast's 2016 Indoor/Outdoor Grow Journal

Here's a couple of pixs of the Ash from the fire on the plants outside:
DSCF71142.JPG
DSCF7115.JPG
DSCF71193.JPG
Pretty trippy I can see the flames from the top of the hill. Like I said before not even any chance its coming my way, just the Ashes. 10-4 and out. TOAST

Be safe TOAST. :hug: :love:

It's gonna burn the leaves, but not a bad fertilizer after it soaks in the soil. I really hope this won't get dangerous.

Thanks Guys, It tries to burn us out about every 10 years or so. There have been 4 fires that have actually burned around my property and I personally fought 3 of them, I was in Fla for one. This one was scary for a lot of people, it was pretty nuts for 1/2 a day. As long as the ash isn't going to hurt the plants, then every thing is copacetic on my end. Later people. TOAST Less than a month CON

Rabbit Hunting Season has Officially Opened - I just came down from watering the Hill and found I had visitors last night in the form of Rabbits. There funny little suckers, they nibble the bottom branches until there off the plant, then just leave um laying. I didn't feel like going back up the hill again, so I just brought one of the branches down to show you all:
DSCF7123.JPG
They only got 4 branches off of 3 plants and they were all small lower branches that I would have chopped my self eventually, so No Harm No Foul. TOAST

Yep I've been just browsing taco restaurants in LA :laugh:

Hey man listen, Santa Clarita is all over news. Are you're ok with all your neighbors? Are the fires spreading rapidly?

My self and all my neighbors are just fine. All though the fire is still out of control, 10% contained at last report, it's no where close to my house. There wasn't any time that we were in any danger. Like I said it would have had to switch directions 180 degrees and then blow 80 - to 90 mph to reach me. So not to worry every things a go on my end.

Quick Update: The Hill:
DSCF71241.JPG
DSCF71251.JPG
DSCF71261.JPG
DSCF71272.JPG
Here's a PK that's turning into a nice bush
DSCF7128.JPG
Here's an EF that's coming along nicely
DSCF71292.JPG
The ones on the right are JD's that are doing quite well
DSCF71301.JPG
and the PK's in the plot
DSCF71312.JPG
I put some of the plants and clones in the big cage so they don't get creamated
DSCF7132.JPG
Planter#1
DSCF71331.JPG
all that's left in the back yard
DSCF71341.JPG
and Planter#2
DSCF71351.JPG
That's it for right now. TOAST

So Sunday I was reading Bapple's Journal to see how her 707 Headband was fairing. Conradino23 made a statement that her UD Chem would be fine in the heat because the California Genetics make it more tolerant of high temperature's. Believe it or not, it didn't dawn on me until now that I unknowingly caused those Genetics. Back in 2003 or 4 we had 17 straight days of temperature's over 105 degrees, with the hottest day being 124 degrees. Needless to say, it decimated my crop. But there were a very few plants that made it. In order to regroup I cloned those remaining plants to replace the ones that were lost. If you have noticed in my past Journals, each time there have been plants that were doing fine, then all of a sudden I would go up to water and they would be straight up and down and never recover. I pulled those plants and replaced them with clones from plants that didn't react negatively to the conditions. So in effectively, with out realizing it I was training my strains to endure the extreme temperatures of the high desert, along with other desirable characteristics such as close internodes. So apparently your able to genetically code your plants through specific selection. I didn't realize I had been doing that all these years. Now I have strains that will do well just about any where in the world. When the concept finally hits you, it's a lot like the first time you find the Center Sun. I sure hope I got this right. If not I'm sure you will let me Know. TOAST

You know what over years I saw few key traits that a given strain has or it doesn't. And the first one is tolerance for heat, which here I'd say starts being a problem at around 34-35C which is mid 90s F, cause sun temps at the leaf surface will be always few degrees higher than the shadow ones.

I need to actually get a temperature gun next year to stay on top of it. Well anyway last year we had a very hot summer with temps going anywhere from high 90s to 113F, and both AUs and UDs didn't make a lot of it, they had stable and healthy run through August/September.

But they were in the ground, so it doesn't reflect growing in the pot very well, where roots cook much faster, so you need a lot of space for them if you want to have none heat issues.

Another priceless trait is love for high RH. As mine almost never goes below 55% here and usually is higher, plants that don't veg and flower well in that kind of climate are not gonna cut it. This is sadly last thing breeders are concerned these days, and plants that respond great to high RH are limited, which is why I decided few years back to focus on landrace sativas and old school cultivars.

I hope they contained these fires in your parts, man. I understand that with limited water reserves that's a real challenge.

Well I've done it this time, I've gone against everything that is Holy to a GOOD Cannabis Grower. I put a White Widow on the hill and it started to flower, and continued to flower through today. The other plants that started to flower, all went into reveg no problem, but not this WW. She is covered with Tricome's and I am in need of medicine. So I CHOPPED THAT SUCKER DOWN. And I'm makin WAX.
DSCF7139.JPG
DSCF7142.JPG
DSCF71451.JPG
DSCF7146.JPG
DSCF71491.JPG
DSCF71524.JPG
This should be enough to get me through the 15th. When I break out the BIG GUNS and make a real batch to have ready on the 17th. ROTFL You all have a great day, I know I will. TOAST

BTW I washed all this bud. Man you should have seen all the ashes. The solution in the Hydrogen Peroxide buck was so dirty after just half the plant, I had to dump it and make another bucked. The other 3 bucket's did their job with out a hitch. I am pretty much sold on this Bud Washing thing. I'll bet if I hadn't washed it, the wax would have come out tasting like the fire smelled. Thank you Doc Bud for showing Lester and thank you Lester for Hooking me up

Back
Top Bottom