Lembatoast's 2017 - Last Hurrah - Grow Journal

Rad just reminded me that I had not shown off my little UD cross.

UD/OG Kush (Dinafem). I've been calling her Ox. This is the 2nd gen of clones. 12" tall 6" round PVC hempy pots in pure perlite and osmocote+.

DSCN60432.JPG
DSCN60451.JPG

The cooler weather started to bring out some red, then it warmed up.
There's another cross in the works in my world... Critical+2.0 and UD... but it's just a seedling still.

Mother Nature is just plane mean. During the night last night, the wind was gusting over 100 mph. I've been in 3 Hurricane's that didn't blow as hard as it blew last night. I woke up to this
DSCN23227.JPG
DSCN23238.JPG
DSCN23247.JPG
DSCN23284.JPG
DSCN23275.JPG
after it blew all the crap in my side yard all over the neighborhood and all the needle's off the tree, it decided to blow the tree down on top of my out door grow room and put a big hole in the roof. The plants only received minor damage. Ain't Weather Peachy. Another day in the life. TOAST

Baby........:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

WTH? The howling winds follow you?

Glad you're ok. Glad the plants are ok too. :kisstwo:

OH NO!

I happen to reside in the hurricane zone but have managed to avoid most damage over the years.. tho trees are hanging over me everywhere and I have no idea how they've not come down. Had an old growth Douglas Fir roll over once when I was an Oregonian... root ball and all just tipped over and destroyed the neighbor's house while leaving a swimming pool behind in my yard.

Dammer Toast, if it weren't for bad luck.....Hope you have some neighbors that can give you a hand with clean up and rebuilding. If I was closer I could give you a hand. good luck my friend....

Thanks Sue. Tead, when I lived in Tampa, Fla, I watched a Tornado blow over an entire line of Austrailian Pine's Root Ball and all. You should have seen this thing. I was about to go to work, the sun was out and every thing was bitchen. Then all of a sudden it was night again. I went out side to see what was up. That's when I saw the clouds spinning counter clock wise. I ran to a better vantage point to get a better look. It was coming across this vacant lot behind my house, about 200 yard away. I'm watching the tail popping the ground and every time it touches big puffs of dirt go flying up the funnel. I'm like mesmerized watching this thing, (the first one I had seen) and didn't relies how close it had gotten. Ran in the house to tell Patrisha it was a Tornado. Seconds after I shut the backdoor, she closed the only window left to close and the house Imploded. It sucked in the front and back doors and all the windows in the living room. Luckily Patrisha was in the bedroom and I was coming down the hall to the bedroom and no one got hurt at all. It scared the shit out of my Ferret though. 308jerry, Bad luck and trouble been my only friend. TOAST

Storms can really bring out some surreal moments. We have a large lake that gives us water funnels fairly often during the summer storms. I love seeing those. I'm sure my opinion would be different if I were in a boat, but they sure look cool from the shoreline.

Tead and his sweetie rode out Katrina in Hattiesburg MS. It was a very poor choice as the storm passed right over us, but the strategic error is not the point. A day or two after the storm, we tried to head north in search of power and food. As we crossed over the overpass to get to the onramp on the other side, the view up the freeway was incredible. It was a very flat, very straight stretch of I-59N lined on either side with pine trees. Every singe one of the trees had fallen the same way and completely blocked the freeway. It looked like someone had rolled green carpet down the freeway. Crazy view.

Got all your belongings back from your neighbor's yards yet? I almost welcome a good blow... clears out all the crap I've been hoarding in the backyard.

Back
Top Bottom